Tennis : Wimbledon 2005 (20th June - 3rd July)

Re: Tennis : Wimbledon 2005 (20th June - 3rd July)

Anyone have an idea on how serious J. Gimelstobs backinjury is' date=' by any chance ?? He's playing massu now, 1-1 in set, 2-2 in 3rd..[/quote'] Where did you get the news from, Jedd? He was up a break before getting broken back at 5-5 in the third set...

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

edtkh' date=' from a danish tennis expert on a danish betting site, telling everyone to lump on Massu before the game.[/quote'] I don't know, but it looks like the pressure's getting to him - he got broken when he was serving to stay in the 2nd set and got broken again when he was serving out for the 3rd set. If he loses this tiebreak, I can't see any way back for him especially if he's plagued by the injury... :hope

Re: Tennis : Wimbledon 2005 (20th June - 3rd July) Gimelstob has just shaded the 3rd set tiebreak 7-5 to take a 2-1 lead - hope that gives his confidence(and Massu's a dent) a boost now. :hope Time to worry about Ferrero now... :\

Re: Tennis : Wimbledon 2005 (20th June - 3rd July) Gimblestop looks awful on the pictures now, really struggling to get through, hope he can do it for you guys but not looking good. Its the same injury that forced him to retire in the qualifiers agasint Bastl before he got in the tournament through withdrawals.

Gimblestop looks awful on the pictures now, really struggling to get through, hope he can do it for you guys but not looking good. Its the same injury that forced him to retire in the qualifiers agasint Bastl before he got in the tournament through withdrawals.
Jedd, Gimelstob did receive treatment for his back, but I'd still rate this as 50-50 - if anything, it just underscores how poor a player Massu is on grass given the way he's struggling against the lame(quite literally)... :hope

I see you're making friends on the betfair forum edtkh ;)
:lol Gets on my nerves almost everyone I know seem to be asking me about Gimelstob's injury when the scores obviously tell a different story... :rollin

Re: Tennis : Wimbledon 2005 (20th June - 3rd July) edtkh i have a question for you, i hope you dont mind. I was just wondering how you decide to combine your picks. Every day you make10 or 11 predictions and combine them in doubles and trebles. How do you decide which picks should combine with which?

Re: Tennis : Wimbledon 2005 (20th June - 3rd July) Does anyone here think that JJ are value at 1.74 (betfair) to beat Greg R. ??? It seems a tad short I feel allthough he's rigthly fav and according to interview with him he should now be fully fit....:hope

edtkh i have a question for you' date=' i hope you dont mind. I was just wondering how you decide to combine your picks. Every day you make10 or 11 predictions and combine them in doubles and trebles. How do you decide which picks should combine with which?[/quote'] Depends on the confidence level I have for the players, really. I'd probably round up 7-8 players each day whom I feel confident about and then sort through them(basically ranking them in terms of confidence level and also taking their prices into consideration). I don't think I've done as good a job with those selections on the first two days of Wimbledon as I did at Roland Garros, but here's hoping today's selections hold out. :hope Just read Davydenko has retired while he was ahead? What's that about? :eyes

IF JJ's fit then that is a massive price' date=' I'm trying to decide at the moment whether to take a gamble on his fitness.[/quote']So what's it gonna be then Davy....? I've been trying to get smt matched myself on JJ but to no evail. pRICES KEEP GOING DOWN..:(

Re: Tennis : Wimbledon 2005 (20th June - 3rd July) Finally a profittable day at Wimbledon with a 65.55pts profit spearheaded by Monfil's defeat of Hrbaty. Enjoy the J Johansson-Rusedski match guys. :D Starting Bank : 100.00pts Current Bank : 137.95pts Profit/Loss : 37.95pts

Re: Tennis : Wimbledon 2005 (20th June - 3rd July) I've just this minute laid JJ to give myself equal profit on that match whatever the outcome. Don't really want to have it all riding on JJ if it goes to a 1 set decider tomorrow.

Re: Tennis : Wimbledon 2005 (20th June - 3rd July) Just a few thoughts for Thursday, let me know where I'm going wrong. Just using betfair prices here. I think I've under-rated Igor Andreev (1.81) on grass, and taking another look he's actually not bad on it. Big servers, or good grasscourters will beat him, but as far as I'm aware Davide Sanguinetti is neither. Is is worth a lay of Roddick 3-0 (1.34)? against Bracciali, who I haven't seen, but appears to have a big serve given that he won Surbiton with 8 of the total 12 sets being tiebreaks. Judging by what happened against Karlovic he won't break Roddick, but can he nick a tiebreak or two? Novak Djokovic (1.73) came past YT Wang and Wesley Moodie in the qualifiers (both no mugs on grass) and should be better on this surface than Garcia-Lopez unless someone can convince me of the Spaniard's ability on grass. Victor Hanescu has done nothing on grass, which makes the 1.36 on offer for Sebastien Grosjean look very gernerous. Karol Kucera has just come back from a long injury to, and while he had an easy first round match, David Nalbandian (1.23) will provide a much tougher test and should take this comfortably. Alexander Popp (2.54) is getting some match fitness now, while Wayne Arthurs is massively overrated on grass, seemingly because he sometimes has a decent serve. Popp has reached the QFs twice if I remember correctly, and you don't do that by luck.

Re: Tennis : Wimbledon 2005 (20th June - 3rd July) Well done, edtkh, as you finally managed to turn the tide. Well done to all who managed to end in profit and not only today:) The Bjorkman bet was voided by most books as Davydenko retired.:(

Re: Tennis : Wimbledon 2005 (20th June - 3rd July) A loss yesterday of 20pts but thankfully Monfils came good ! Any further thoughts for Wednesday matches.... Malisse to beat Coria @ 6/5 Popp to beat Arthurs @ 5/4 These seem good to me... Any advice ?