Tennis : Wimbledon 2005 (20th June - 3rd July)

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis : Wimbledon 2005 (20th June - 3rd July) Cheers Jedd, he was woeful first 2 sets but as match went on seemed to pick up his game a lot and Jarkko's game seem to falter. Just wished Id took the 3.5 after going 2-0 down though now instead of waiting for even money, still a very nice win though. :) Tim should be given some credit aswell for that, he was literally written off by some at 2-0 down.

Re: Tennis : Wimbledon 2005 (20th June - 3rd July) Cheers Matt :hope ! I can no longer watch on TV unfortunately (transmission shifted to other danish pay channel:(), but I'm a bit worried as the odds at betfair really favour Hanescu, so he must be on top I reckon ! Carlsen can hopefully hang on till tiebreak and we can hope for some luck going his way there..:hope

Re: Tennis : Wimbledon 2005 (20th June - 3rd July) My bets on the Nadal game has been matched I've just seen; :drums Layed Nadal to win 3-0 @2 & OVER 34.5 games !!! :hope:hope Thanks for comment ealier Edtk, btw. Hope you did not lose to much on Nieminen !:hope

Re: Tennis : Wimbledon 2005 (20th June - 3rd July)

Tim should be given some credit aswell for that, he was literally written off by some at 2-0 down.
Now, on the basis of what we've just seen, surely that's not the making of a very good player... ;) Congrats on the win anyway... :clap

My bets on the Nadal game has been matched I've just seen; :drums Layed Nadal to win 3-0 @2 & OVER 34.5 games !!! :hope:hope Thanks for comment ealier Edtk, btw. Hope you did not lose to much on Nieminen !:hope
Cheers, Jedd. ;) My stake on Nieminen was no more than 10pts... :D Here's hoping Carlsen do the job. :hope

Haynes takes the first set on a tie break, COME ON! I'm sure Serena is going to lose, her knockers and arse are twice the size as last year. 6/5 Haynes now
Lay it back if you could, punter66 - there's only 1 way the match is going to go now IMO. ;)

Re: Tennis : Wimbledon 2005 (20th June - 3rd July) Crackin stuff in the Serena Williams match. The noises coming from these two women is absurd. She's struggling and a few bad calls are getting too her. Could be on her way out. Hope not, she's a piece of ass

I have no more funds to lay it off tonight edtkh, its not a big bet though. What price is Serena to win the ladies this year? I'd definately lay that, she's slow and overweight.
I don't know her price now, but I am certainly hoping it'd rise a tad - she's still one of the frontrunners IMO. It's easy to see how knee-jerk reactions jack prices up sometimes - mind, I don't think many would have expected either Serena Williams or Henin-Hardenne to win the Slams(Serena in Australian Open, Henin for French Open) they did this year on the basis of the performances in the early rounds. Nevertheless, as far as this match goes, I do see Serena William's experience pulling her through against the youthful exuberance of Haynes...

Carlsen takes 4th set by 7-5.....continue plz !!!! On another note it seems Nadal is making (relatively) light work of Spadea...:sad
Carlsen was broken in the first game of the decider, but he's broken back to tie it at 2-2 in the 5th... Grosjean looks to be struggling as well. :hope

edtkh/Matt - you guys think there's still hope for Carlsen do ya ??? I think he's still a break down but not sure.:(
Jedd, so long as this match doesn't unravel in the same fashion as the Udomchoke-Koubek(which had at least 7 breaks in the decider) match, you have to feel the impetus is very much with Carlsen now... ;)

Re: Tennis : Wimbledon 2005 (20th June - 3rd July) With Karlovic, Carlsen and Koubek all losing in close 5-set encounters, it certainly didn't make for a very profittable day. On a lighter note, it's certainly nice to see a couple of entertaining matches. ;) Starting Bank : 100.00pts Current Bank : 72.40pts Profit/Loss : -27.60pts

Re: Tennis : Wimbledon 2005 (20th June - 3rd July) Can someone explain to me how Mayer can possibly be odds against tomorrow against Verdasco? I was expecting Mayer to be a big favourite. He hasn't picked up an injury has he?

Can someone explain to me how Mayer can possibly be odds against tomorrow against Verdasco? I was expecting Mayer to be a big favourite. He hasn't picked up an injury has he?
Sherwood and Di Mauro look a bit too big too, don't you think? On 2nd thoughts, Lee, Burgsmuller, Monfils, Philippoussis and Zib all look to provide some value as well.