Tennis : Wimbledon 2005 (20th June - 3rd July)

Re: Tennis : Wimbledon 2005 (20th June - 3rd July)

I wouldnt, Im just saying dont count him out yet ;) Have lumped on Jarko then? ;)
It'd take more than a daft patriot - well, exclude those who back Henman in the hope of laying back later - to back him now, wouldn't it? :lol

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ivo has just gone 2-2' date=' wonder when that match is gonna end? Could be here til 9pm tonight with it :lol[/quote'] Is this going to be the first match to be played through a whole non rain delayed day? :lol

Is this going to be the first match to be played through a whole non rain delayed day? :lol
It's ending soon - Bracciali has broken to lead 11-10. Nevertheless, I think a world record has been set - Karlovic's tally of 51 aces must have equalled, if not surpassed, J Johansson's record against Agassi at the Australian Open! :lol

KARLOVIC v BRACCIALI Lots being said about Karlovic on here and in other places. Just been looking at the ATP site and of the 70 sets Karlovic has played this season 31 have gone to a tie break. Ignoring clay the breakdown is as follows: Carpet: 6 sets played; 4 tie breaks Hard: 19 sets played; 8 tie breaks Grass: 25 sets played; 16 tie breaks Now this obviously suggests (as we all know) that Karlovic's serve takes some breaking, however it would also suggest that he doesnt break his opponent too often. The only time ive seen him this year was in the final of Queens versus Roddick (lost 7/6 7/6) and he really didnt look like breaking the Roddick serve. Okay, so thats no disgrace, but even when his own serve was returned it was clear that he was always struggling to win a point once a rally ensued. Now add all this to the fact that in their only meeting (on grass) Bracciali won 2 sets to 1 (all tie breaks), and you have an extremely tight match in prospect. Bet365 odds are Karlovic 2/9; Bracciali 3/1. In summary I would not touch Karlovic at those odds and for me this is either small stakes on Bracciali or no bet!
Luddite, excellent call there! :clap Couldn't have seen that one myself... Guess I should have taken the standard of Karlovic's returns into consideration in case there was a need for a 5th set. :lol

Re: Tennis : Wimbledon 2005 (20th June - 3rd July) Come on tim, COME ON TIM, come on tim god thats all you ever here, i hope he goes out the posh twat! then we wont have to put up with henmania, timbledon, henman hill, tiger tim, grrrr shake my fist, "come on tim" and hundreds of idiots dressed up in union jacks drinking pimms! anybody know where yuo can get live scores point by point. ive seen it on here for a previous torunament but cant find it now.

Henin-Hardennes just saved a match point!
LOL! She saved 2 against Kuznetsova before she went on to win the French Open. ;) Talk about mental toughness - Henin-Hardenne's got both a game and the bottle that would put many men to shame... Come on, Yen-Hsun Lu! :tongue2