** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tankys Tips

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tankys Tips thanks Pete. I just try to find strong form based tips. Sometimes they do well others there a waste of time. Yesterday was strange. The Nap won, one got brought down coming out the stalls, a 2nd, a 3rd & 2 Nrs. 315 Salisbury: REGISTRAR can finally get its head in front with the gs ground today being a crucial factor. I reckon its been crying out for cut and it can be lucky race 7 for this son of Machiavellian. Its run with promise on each of its 3 starts. It was narrowly defeated by the unbeaten since All That And More, that horse has won twice since the last of which was of a mark of 83. 3rd & 4th from that race have also won since. On its penultimate start it found Kingdom Of Dreams too good. That forms also been boosted with that horse winning its next start of a mark of 77. The 3rd there Crete has also won since. Lto it went close behind Vanadium, the 8th Dream Tonic (3 times winner since), 10th Go Mo (twice winner since) & 12th Cusoon have boosted the form in style. The sires progeny have a 12% sr on Todays going and 13% sr over Todays trip. McEvoy rides well here with 6/22, 27% and has a good record when teamed up with Amanda Perrett of 4/14, 28%. Today looks the day this one sheds its Maiden to Me. (Win) 350 Salisbury: ZATO was sent to Vichy, France lto by Trainer Mick Channon and on the rain softened ground it never looked like dissappointing as it strode away to win that Listed race in style. This son of Zafonic has the form in the book to be a big player here and despite having to concede 3lbs all round its the one I want on My side with the ground conditions likely to again ride on the soft side. Its rating of 100 is 6lb above that of next highest rated Emirates Gold and 10lb and upwards superior to the provisional ratings given to the rest. With doubts about many of its rivals under todays conditions Zato rates the best bet of the day to Me. (Nap) 410 Thirsk: ALL IVORY is a course winner here over 7f on its penultimate start and has been found an uncompetitive handicap in which it can bounce back to winning ways. Lto it showed improved form to finish a 1l 4th behind Appalachian Trail. This lightly raced and still unexposed 3 year old can show more than a little improvement for the step up Today to 8f. Being bred out of Halling they stay upto 10f and have a 12% sr @ Todays 8f which is better than they tend to do over 7f. Seb Sanders looks a good jockey booking with a 7/37, 19% sr when teamed up with Roger Charlton. Charlton himself is a rare visitor here with a record of 3/8, 38%. Its 2/4 with His 3 year olds, 2/4, 50%. (Win) 515 Bath: INDIAN LADY at the proposed odds of 5/1 in this 5 runner race I cant resist rowing in with this horse. On its seasonnal reappearance it finished 5h behind Jeanmaire given a gentle reintroduction. When He reported back Havlin said it was a winner in waiting. He wasnt lying because it was turned out just 8 days later, always travelled well and came home in front over this cd. Theres more to come from this horse and in receipt of 7lb & 12lb from the 2 market leaders it can exploit that advantage. (Win) 745 Bath: MPENZI was so impressive when running away from its rivals over 12f @ Brighton on Tuesday that it looks folly to take it on despite it carrying a 6lb penalty. On the form book it should struggle to beat Pearls A Singer but that horse has taken a very heavy fall since and didnt look the same horse when quickly throwing the towel in just a few days back. Mpenzi is no world beater but at this level it doesnt need to be. John Dunlop does well here with 14/79, 18%. His record with 3 year olds like Mpenzi is even better with 9/32, 28%. Worth waiting late in the day for. (Nb) All the best Tankyman

Re: Tankys Tips Tanky I have to say I'm with the majority here. So you havent had the most amazing success recently but like has been pointed out, you do have an extremely good strike rate. Dont know if this will help or not but I seem to have noticed (and I could well be wrong, I havent worked this out or anything), that your maiden and jump races have less success than others. I also noticed you stopped putting each way selections on. I still feel you are the best racing tipster on the punters lounge, so you have a bad couple of weeks, many a time I have walked out of the bookies extremely glad that I logged on to Tankys Tips that morning. Give it another go mate, maybe put in less selections, I dont know, just dont give it up now.

Re: Tankys Tips Tanky - I will PM you regarding this situation. As a MOd on ATR, I am not happy you have taken this option. In light of what happened in the DHRC, these issues are not connected & have nothing to do with ATR Your tips thread is the current most viewed thread on ATR & I know a lot of people follow it. The exposure for ATR has probably quadrupled in the last 4 months, we have had successful comps, we have tipsters showing profits in lots of threads & a steady stream of acknoweldgements. Please reconsider the decision to stop posting. Your followers want to see those tips mate, so swallow the pride & get back on. :ok

Re: Tankys Tips I see someones let the kids out again. The words spit and dummy spring to mind. Tanky - as a horse tipster/poster you are absolutely top drawer and i love your posts. Thats why I simply cant believe the way you have reacted in the DHRC. Im so disappointed that we look like losing a quality poster but you have massively over-reacted with DeepBlue over what is supposed to be a "fun" competition :(

• 2 years later...