Tankys Tips

Re: Tankys Tips 715 Newcastle: BOND BOY.... Very unlucky in running the other day and weighted to turn that form around here.......(EWay) Sorry about Todays Nap & Nb. Nb was rubbish but the nap would have won but for the winner jumping across it and almost knocking tom Doyle out the saddle. There was a SE but you need to kill someone to stand a chance of them being turned round nowadays..

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tankys Tips Hi Pete, I didnt like Caribbean Coral just hasnt been showing anything worth while. I backed Out After Dark the other night when it won and Bond Boy caught my eye as unlucky there. With revised conditions I took a chance it could reverse the form. I did do a small saver on O.A.D but only to cover my stake on Bond Boy.. Good luck mate hope you ignored my crap and had Out After Dark....

Re: Tankys Tips lol no worries Chala, some days I couldnt hit a barn door from an inch away.. The nap was a very unlucky loser Yesterday, going better than the eventual winner it was just making its move when that horse jumped across it almost knocking Tom Doyle out of the saddle. He did well to stay in the saddle but the chance of winning was gone. 1 winner @ 11/4 meant the day wasnt a total disaster but a winning nap would have made it so much nicer. With the weather all over the place Ill be playing small Today... 210 Newcastle: SOLDIERS TALE has impressive form figures atm of 2,1,1 and showed an amazing turn of foot to get up and win from Fonthill Road on its seasonnal reappearance. That forms been well boosted with the 3rd Gift Horse, 5th Eisteddfod, 6th Rising Shadow & 7th Partners In Jazz all coming from that race and winning since. Soldiers Tale tackles group company for the 1st time Today but could be anything and this race will show whether the group 1 July Cup is a pipe dream. Jeremy Noseda has his team firing well with 8 winners in the last fortnight. This can be another. (Win) 230 Chester: INDIGO NIGHTS is improving with racing and after a few decent learning lessons skated up by 5ls lto. Well drawn here in 4 and with a great booking in the shape of Michael Hills who has a very good record round here of 17/88 (19%). That record is even better on 2 year olds reading 7/22 (31%). Can jump out hold a handy position and Hills can do the rest. (Win) 255 Newmarket: ALGHARB was the only horse in the race to give the progressive Malcheek a race and that horse has since won again on its handicap debut of a mark of 75. Algharb has also won since by easily brushing aside Billy One Punch and it can also make a winning handicap debut of the same mark of 75. Richard Hills takes the ride in preference to riding Disguise who He rode to victory lto for hos father Barry Hills. (Win) 330 Newmarket: COURT MASTERPIECE looks ready now to fulfil its untapped potential. Fallon who rode it lto when it hacked up by 9ls said the penny finally dropped for the horse and that He had never felt the horse feel so good before. Fallon has compitments in Ireland Today but Frankie is an adequate substitute and Court Masterpiece must have a great chance of following up here and at a decent price too boot. (Nb) 500 Windsor: SHAMROCK BAY had just 3 runs at 2 over 6 & 7f to qualify for a handicap rating. It was then put away before being brought out over 10f of a nice rating of just 68 for that handicap debut. It made all there for a cosy half length win from Blue Bajan who has boosted the form by winning nto of a 2lb higher mark. Shamrock Bay has been raised 4lb for that win and that seems fair enough as it looks open to more improvement. James Givens horses have been running well without getting there head in front so it was a big bonus to see His horse Bowness winning well Yesterday. At the moment the grounds perfect, its well drawn and I reckon it can make all here. (Nap) All the best Tankyman

Re: Tankys Tips A couple of winners Today with Soldiers Tale & Indigo Bay. One for Tonight. 745 Doncaster: LANGFORD winner of a mark of 80 over 8f and then failed to stay 9f carrying a 6lb penalty on its next start when just going down by a head to Hadrian in what could turn out to be a race littered with winners in the future. It runs of 3lbs lower than it did in that race 3 days ago and is back over 8f that looks its ultimate trip atm. (Win)

Re: Tankys Tips 3 winners Yesterday thanks to the late one with Langford to keep the wolf from the door.. 215 Uttoxeter: KEEP ON MOVIN Terry Mills doesnt have many horses in the National Hunt sphere but He does surprisingly well. In the last 5 years He has only had 10 runners with a record of 4 wins, 3 seconds, 2 thirds & 1 unplaced. So on them stats He has a 40% win ratio and a 90% place ratio. Pretty impressive stuff. Keep On Movin made its hurdles debut over 20f which was a tad to far for it. Dropped back to 16f here it was a easy winner lto and has been found another guilt edged chance to hit the winners enclosure again. A biggish field but ultimately lots of dead wood. (Win) 230 Windsor: THE SNATCHER only went down by a SH to the as then unbeaten Corrib who was thought good enough to try in a Listed race Yesterday. That was even better of a run due to the fact that it had to concede that horse 10lbs. The Snatcher was only caught there in the very last stride and looks a knocking bet here to provide another winner for The Hannon & Hughes combination. (Nap) 250 Saint Cloud: FRALOGA looks top class and looks a solid bet to add this race to its ever improving profile. Its shown potential in all 4 of its starts To date. It was only beaten 1l on its racecourse debut under tender handling, that tenderness was rewarded when it then trotted up by 4ls from a horse called Basemah who boosted the form by winning nto. On its 3rd start it chased home the mighty Divine Proportions beaten only 2ls by that superstar in a 1 mile Group 1 race at Longchamp. It was then put away for the winter be reappeared and looked better than ever. It was tried over a new trip of 12f and the extra trip was no problem at all as it got the better of the race fit Pyrana here over c&d. Pyrana won nto by 8ls and reopposses today but on the same terms I cant see that horse having the class to turn the placings round especially now that Fraloga has that run under its belt. Christophe Soumillon again rides and Hes beginning to look very talented in the saddle. This one should win and really arrive in the bigtime Today. (Nb) 310 Curragh: GOLDEN ARROW looked a horse to follow when beating 5 rivals all of whom had previously won a race with the minimum of fuss in a £25k Listed race. Quoted @ 3/1 in the RP I would much rather row in with this one than the 4/6 shot George Washington who looked impressive on its 2nd start but all it won there was a £9k Maiden. If George Washington was trained by a lesser person than Aiden OBrien it wouldnt be so short against a horse with such potential. Pat Smullen who won on it there is again in the saddle and the Golden Arrow can shoot down George Washington and the rest here in fine style. (Win) 350 Curragh: HURRICANE RUN was unbeaten in 3 starts before meeting Shamardal and only going down by an ever decreasing neck to that horse over 11f in the Group 1 Prix Du Jockey Club. Shamardal has shown its a superstar by winning The Group 1 St James Palace Stakes since easily. Hurricane Run has always looked strong in a finish so the step up to 12f Today looks almost certain to bring about even more improvement. Its form looks much better than anything in this race including Walk In The Park who was easily brushed aside by Motivator by 5ls in The Derby and wasnt far in front of none stayer Dubawi. (Win) 445 Windsor: CLIPPERDOWN has had only 5 career starts thus far and was a good winner on its seasonnal reappearance lto. It had no luck in running in that race but when it finally got the gap it was good enough to get its head in front where it counted. Todays extra half furlong is no worry and with Walter Swinburns horses running better than at any other stage this season this horse can follow up with new stable jockey Darryl Holland again in the saddle. (Win) All the best Tankyman

Re: Tankys Tips some great stuff, Tanky. I really like Clipperdom and the Snatcher but went against conventional wisdom and opposed Fraloga who will be odds on with Pyrana as my choice. Horses tend to improve greatly this time of year and Pyrana's last race was a blinder. Sure, he has one length to find in the form book, but the odds will be four times that of the favorite. Straight and in a forecast. Speaking of forecasts, Hurricane Run will do the business tomorrow but I look for Fracas 4th to WITPark's 2nd now that the former is back on his home turf. That forecast should pay 12-1 and it's worth the risk. Other fancies at the Curraugh: 1:30 Only Make Believe and 2:05 Moon Unit. Have a good day

Re: Tankys Tips A couple of winners Yesterday including a skinny priced nap that won by a gnats knacker.. 245 Pontefract: FLASH RAM has been a revelation since stepped upto 8f 3 runs back. The 1st attempt appears to have been a sightseer because there was no head gear on but it stayed on well enough and would have provided the answers to whether it stays 8f because its bred out of Mind Games. Anyway for its 2nd 8f start the blinkers were on and it was ridden more forcefully. It picked up well when asked a question and was a cosy winner from the inform Jubilee Street. It followed that win by winning again of a 5lb higher mark in effortless style. The 4th home there Baylaw Star has since boosted the form by winning of the same mark it was beaten of there. Admittedly things will be harder for Flash Ram Today with a 7lb rise in the weights but its improving fast and well up to the task imo. (EWay) 415 Pontefract: COOL CREEK was a good Maiden race winner before going to York for The Coventry Stakes where a slow start lost it all chance of victory. It did run on well there though and thats proof imo that it wont have any problems winning this 6f race Today. Its faced by some poor rivals here and shouldnt have to many problems winning. (Nb) 810 Windsor: THE PRINCE has won 8 of the 9 Claiming Stakes its run in with defeat coming in France when a good 2nd @ Deauville. That record is awesome at any level and its been thrown in here again with another fantastic chance to add to that tally. Jamie Spencer who steered it to victory lto is again in the saddle and can do the steering. It shouldnt have to many problems and on officials ratings it has 12lb+ in hand of these rivals. (Nap) 825 Musselburgh: BESSEMER is another thats well in, in Claiming company and could be worth following in this sphere after winning nicely last week over 10f @ Redcar. Robert Winston who is riding winners all over the place and looks like a future champion is in the saddle and He wont want to miss up a well weighted winner in his quest for winners. He has a record of 2/4 on this horse thus far. I reckon that will improve Today.. All the best Tankyman

Re: Tankys Tips Nap & Nb landed Yesterday. Not much racing Today and only a small stakes day for Me.. 220 Brighton: MEGGIDO improved for the 1st time visor when a 1l 3rd to the unexposed and potentially half decent Ashkal Way. It was fully 7ls ahead on Today rival Amerigo Vespucci and with the weights the same Today it shouldnt have a problem confirming that form. Meggido is stepped back upto 10f Today but its tried the trip before and although it didnt look anything at the time it was probably a sneaky tester by connections to see how it went over that distance. Well drawn Today in stall 2 it can make a bold attempt to make all and round this tight course I think it can succeed. Trainer Marcus Tregoning has had half a dozen winners in the last fortnight so comes here with his team in fine form. Tregoning and Todays jockey Martin Dwyer have an impressive lsp together of +£72.62 over the last 5 years. Tregonings only had 2 runners round here but has had a winner so the omens are positive. (Nb) 245 Hamilton: GO SOLO beat a good yardstick in Jubilee Street lto in a half decent handicap and in a race with little to chose between these on official ratings the pluses that it comes here in good form, has an eyecatching jockey booking with Robert Winston in the saddle and He has a 5/14 strike rate this year for Todays trainer Swinbank. (Win) 315 Hamilton: SIR BOND got no sort of run lto when behind Qualitair Wings but with an extra furlong Today and a half decent run it should get back to winning ways. Monty Lynch again rides and will want to atone for that badly judged ride. Despite that defeat Lynch has won on this horse 4 times from 10 starts. Another plus is that its 1/1 over Todays 9f trip (Win) 400 Brighton: SHARP REPLY improved by a proverbial mile for both the step up in trip and the 1st time visor when trotting up by an easy 15ls from Hawk Arrow @ Windsor. It runs here under just a 6lb penalty for that facile win and will take a lot of stopping here for the inform Stoute yard who have had virtually a winner a day over the last fortnight. This is there only runner Today and it can add to Stoutes impressive record here of 8 winners from 17 runners (47%) over the last 5 years. Todays best bet. (Nap) All the best Tankyman

Re: Tankys Tips One word describes Yesterdays offerings........ Crap lol.... 210 Worcester: JIMMY BYRNE moved recently from Ellisons yard to that of Richard Guest and on its 1st start for its new connections it showed improvement finishing a decent 2nd behind Qualitair Pleasure. It runs of the same mark of 95 Today but against a lower level of opponents. P ONeill rides Today and He is great value for His 3lb claim. The cheek pieces are also popped on for Today and this horse has a serious chance here. (Win) 340 Worcester: BURNING TRUTH can make this a test of stamina now dropped back to 16f and in Selling company. It easily won a Seller on its penultimate start before running adequately behind better horses in a decent handicap. Its a big field here but lots of dead wood in there against it. Its only serious rival on paper looks to be Gabor was well beaten in a Seller lto and doesnt look in love with the game to me. David Dennis who rode it to victory 2 races back is back in the saddle and can do the steering. Get out and stretch them thats all it needs to do. To good for these. (Nap) 350 Perth: OH MY LORD was very unlucky lto when Tony Martin sent this Irish raider over for a race at Aintree. It travelled very well until it made one mistake at the 15th when leading and having no chance to recover because its saddle had slipped. Oh My Lord is a decent Hunter Chaser in Ireland and will take a lot of beating of a mark of just 95 Today. that mark gets it in this race of just 10 stone 2. R.McGrath takes over from Graeme Lee and can do the job from this light weight. (Nb) 430 catterick: WHITE BEAR looks the class act in this Maiden and can finally bury its Maiden tag here. Ignore its last run which was over 10f because it never stayed. Its dropped back to 6f today the trip that it achieved its best performance to date over @ Nottingham. It has a prime draw for Catterick in stall 4, has the services of Jamie Spencer who could win on the stable cat right now having ridden 14 winners in the last fortnight including another double Yesterday. The final plus in the arguement for this horse in my book is the 1st time visor, that should keep its mind on the job. (Win) 740 Chepstow: DAYDREAM DANCER was a decent 3rd behind Platinum Charmer lto. That horse has proved that it was well weighted that day by winning a further 3 races since the last of them of a 12lb higher mark. Daydream Dancer had previously run an equally good run when 2nd behind Red River rebel. Jockey A.Kirby has ridden on them last 2 occassions and can make it 3rd time lucky on this horse for the inform Clive Cox who has had 5/11 in the last 14 days. (Win) 815 Chepstow: WHAT-A-DANCER has come back to form with avengence and followed up a handicap win of a mark of 70 by winning a Claimer over 7f here on its last start. Always a horse to consider in Claimers it can notch up the hat-trick here over 8f. Its been successful over that trip before so the distance doesnt worry me and with Neil Callan riding He's the guy to steer this one home late and fast. (Win) All the best Tankyman

Re: Tankys Tips Been passed on a bit of info for Tonight 710 Chepstow: Barnbrook Empire been set up for tonights race. Johnny Murtagh takes the ride. 12/1 get on now. Im on each way as the guys info is hit and miss but he gets his fair share of winners at decent odds.. Tankyman

Re: Tankys Tips 240 Perth: CHAMPAGNE HARRY hasnt been @ its best recently but this race represents a huge drop in class and it can do the trick in getting it back to winning ways. In this Claimer it has upwards of 10lb in hand of some rather limited opponenets. Carl Llewellyn rides for Twiston Davies and has a very good record round this course of 12/50 (24%) and a lsp of £28.14. Since the start of 2004 that record is even better with Llewellyn having ridden 5 winners from just 15 rides here (33%). (Win) 500 Yarmouth: PLATINUM CHARMER is in the form of its life just now and can complete a 5 timer carrying 1lb less than it did when an easy winner over 12f on fast ground @ Musselburgh lto. A.Elliott who has ridden 3 of its last 4 wins is again in the saddle and his 7lb claim is a big bonus. Dont be surprised to see it win here and then try for the 6 timer Tomorrow @ Warwick. (Win) 625 Epsom: MISTY DANCER was a very easy winner over c&d lto and a repeat showing here would be enough to win this race carrying just a 5lb penalty. Seb Sanders is an eyecatching booking riding for the 1st time for Venetia Williams. That booking takes even more significance when you think that only 2 days ago he rode todays opponent Blackmail to victory @ Brighton. Sanders has a good record round Epsom of 15 wins from 99 starts (15%). This horse looks on a handy mark and with course experience will take a lot of stopping here. I cant see anything in this field under todays conditions capable so it will be my best net of the day. (Nap) 810 Newbury: SAVILLE ROAD beat a big field on its debut and looked like one to follow until its beaten. It showed plenty of natural speed in that race and despite showing signs of greenness it battled on well under pressure. It would have learned plenty there without a doubt and this well bred sort has the potential to be pretty decent. Although that race was only a Maiden the forms taken a boost with the 3rd home there Black Charmer winning well since. (Win) 900 Bellewstown: KINGER ROCKS nina carberry gets back in the saddle today on a horse she won a NHF race over 16f on 2 rides back. It made its flat debut over 13f and finished a decent 3rd. This race represents a drop in class and with Nina a shining light amongst these jockeys plus an extra furlong today it can get its head in front with the minimum of fuss here. (Nb) All the best Tankyman

Re: Tankys Tips 2 winners @ 5/2 & 6/4 plus a NR Yesterday so a few quid left in the kitty 340 Wolverhampton: COURT OF APPEAL has been highly tried in its last couple of races in decent handicaps but will be a different proposition back in a Claiming Stakes. The last time it was tried in a Claimer on The Aw it was a good winner from a decent yardstick in Maniatis. Court of Appeal has 8lb+ in hand of these rivals and looks a solid bet to Me. (Nb) 350 Sandown: WEIGHTLESS was a very easy winner here over c&d from a decent sort in Hazyview. That horse has won twice since. 2rd in that race the well regarded Tolpuddle has also won since. Weighless was a decent horse in France with Pascal Bary and the move to Amanda Perrett could mean its still racing of a good mark and is open to plenty more improvement. Johnny Murtagh who won on it lto is again in the saddle. (Win) 500 Sandown: MOKARABA won well over 12f @ Thirsk before getting no luck in running when 4th behind Coma On Jonny. The 3rd home there Brass House & 7th Dancers Serenade have both won since to boost the form. Running here of the same mark of 83 mokaraba will take a lot of beating. (Win) 705 Limerick: UNIQUE POSE has only had 4 starts in its career to date but has shown ability in each and has improved for each race. Its form figures of 1,2,2,1 pay testamy to its consistency. On its final start it easily landed the odds by hacking up from Ballet Dancing by 3ls. Pat Smullen thinks this horse has a bright future and has stayed faithful to it riding it in all 4 races its had thus far and is in the saddle again Today. Unique Pose has the form and the upward profile to be too good for these. (Win) 815 Beverley: TABARET a repeat of its last race performance when 3rd behind the unbeaten Titus Alone in The Windsor Castle Stakes (Listed Class) would be enough to win this race with the minimum of fuss. It has the perfect draw in 11 to get out and not see another rival. Theres some interesting newcomers but one would have to be up to Group Class to lower Tabarets colours 1st time out. I cant see that happening. Tabaret looks the best bet of the day to me. (Nap) All the best Tankyman

Re: Tankys Tips If conditions dont alter Im hopeful of a bumper day. Famous last words.. 315 Sandown: MOTIVATOR unbeaten in its career thus far and no real reason why that will end today with the injury to Shamardal taking its only serious rival out the race. The ground at the moment its ideal but with more rain expected it should be perfect. A true star, champion and although you wont get rich it cant be opposed. To improve the odds in the 400 Haydock: THE GEEZER has been found a race where its head and shoulders above Todays opponents. Its only poor showing came at Epsom where it blatently never acted on that unique course. It showed that was just a blip when an unlucky in running 3rd on its next outing. Its got upwards of 10lb in hand of these and its a case of how far they want it to win Today. (Banker Double) 300 Beverley: FLIGHT COMMAND was highly tried for its debut run in no lesser race than The Chesham Stakes (Listed Class) and although only 8th of 12 there showed enough there to take the eye and make me add it as one to follow. It finished in front of the other 2 debutants in that hot race. Green early on it picked up well from 3f out and was never nearer than at the finish line. It has an extra half furlong Today and that will also help its cause. The Quinlan stable have big hopes for this horse and are firing on all cylinders having won with 4 of there last 5 runners. This half brother to the The Geezer (the horse who has finished the closest to Motivator) has a big future. (NAP) 335 Beverley: TRINCULO has had its confidence restored by 2 facile wins in Claiming company. Last time it easily brushed aside Seven No Trumps by an easy and long looking 6ls. That horse itself won nto to boost the form. All sorts of ground comes the same to this horse so the grounds not a worry and with it getting the best of the draw in stall 15 theres no excuse for it not to get out and make all and make a winning return to handicap company. (Nb) 420 Sandown: ECHELON with the ground having been watered here and then the rain arriving this half sister to Chic will finally get the ideal conditions combined with the ideal trip to show its true colours. Its staying on 3rd behind Penkenna Princess over 7f is easily the best piece of form imo that any of these horses can boast. (Win) 440 Beverley: MICHAELS PRIDE isnt the easiest of rides and never does more than it needs to. Its been a much better horse since being stepped upto 10f and there is every reason that it could be unbeaten at that distance if it wasnt for poor tactical rides by 5lb claimer Greg Fairlie. Its form over 10f reads 2,1,3,1. The victories coincide with when its ridden by an experienced jockey man enough for the job. Firstly Darley then Dettori. Because of its style of racing its never going to win by a long way so the 3lb rise for its last win is fair. The form of its last narrow win from Iffy has been boosted by that horse hacking up of the same mark by 3ls. Kevin Darley is again in the saddle today and this improving 3 year old can again take advantage of the weight it gets from the older horses here. (Win) 545 Beverley: GIMASHA is still a Maiden despite having some excellent pieces of form. The stand out being when only going down by 1l to Nota Bene a horse that then rattled of another 3 wins and is rated 104. It seemed to lose its way after that by bounced back with avengance lto when flying through to finish 2nd by an ever decreasing neck to Orpen Wide giving that rival 2lbs. The 4th home there Kool Ovation & 7th Ashes have won since to boost the form of that run. Stall 8 Today is a good draw and provided Kevin Darley steers it properly it can take this poor looking Maiden in style. (Win) All the best Tankyman

Re: Tankys Tips Happyish with Yesterday with 3 of the 5 main bets landed @ 10/3, 5/2 & 6/4. Motivator getting beaten was a shock. The improvement in form between them 2 horses was unbelievable to me. Once more when it happens to one of the big 2 stables there was no stewards enquiry to ask how that horse improved by at least a stone. 245 Market Rasen: ENHANCER on the official ratings this horse has 10lb+ in hand of the rest of the field so is very well treated by the conditions of Todays race. Its last victory was when Todays jockey Timmy Murphy last rode it in a decent class B race. Its been a consistant performer since going down by small margins in its last 3 starts. Reunited with Murphy the king of the waiting tactics he can deliver it late and win a race that it really should win. (Nap) 315 Market Rasen: BUSHIDO imo this horse would have won on its chase debut lto but for paying the price for one mistake and parting company with its pilot at the 3rd from home when still leading. Sue Smith has her runners in great heart and has won with 3 of her last 6 runners over the last fortnight. This can be another for the stable. Dominic Elsworth who fell of there will want to atone for that fall and also comes here in great form. Over the last fortnight his form figures read 2,1,1,8,1. It all adds up to a big run from this one to Me. (Win) 330 Brighton: SHADES OF GREEN won a handicap on firm ground at Yarmouth that has been boosted by the 3rd Laurollie & 8th Ruling Reef both winning nto. It hasnt had conditions perfect for it since so comes here on a decent mark. Its last was decent enough over an inadequate trip of 10f and its done well to be dropped 2lb for finishing 3rd there. Chris Catlin takes the ride Today and He has a decent enough record round here with 24/255 and a lsp of over £43. (Win) 400 Brighton: OAKLEY ABSOLUTE has a decent bit of course form here when finishing only half a length behind a decent sort in Fly To Dubai. That horse has won twice since, The 4th Gurrun has won 4 times since, 5th Courageously, 7th Master Joseph & 13th Entertain have all won since to put a gloss on that race. Add to that, that Oakley Absolute itself has won twice and you cant help but notice that it comes here in tip top form. On its last start it was unfortunate to come up against the rejuvenated Real Cool Cat but there looks nothing of that ability in this field and nothing is really unexposed. Running of the same mark here and having the plum draw in stall 1 this horse that loves to sit up with the pace will have no excuses for failing Today. (Nb) All the best Tankyman

Re: Tankys Tips 230 Musselburgh: GONE TO FAR easily beat Time Marches On lto by 4ls but it could have been a lot more so despite the fact that horse is 6lb better of I dont expect it to reverse the placings. Gone To far impressed Me that day with the way it quickened and settled the race in a matter of strides. Its been found another poor race and it can complete a flat race treble. Todays most solid looking bet to Me. (Nap) 300 Musselburgh: ROTHSAY DANCER can benefit from the fast pace that Aspen Falls & Howards Prince are likely to set here. Both will want to lead and theres a big chance they will set up the race for a finisher. Rothsay Dancer is the one I reckon will be the one to benefit. It has some decent pieces of form and the return to a Maiden will be a lot easier than The Queen Mary Stakes that it ran adequately in lto. (Win) 500 Musselburgh: FOREHAND was a ready winner lto on its handicap debut over 10f @ Goodwood. Its been raised what looks a slightly harsh looking 9lb but as it was only rated 45 there and it did it in such good style the handicapper hadnt really got much choice. I think its easily up to defying that rise and is worth following in the short term especially when its in races with distinctly limited opponents and out of form sorts. Ed Vaughans horses are running well and the booking of the experienced Kevin Darley is ideal for this unexposed and lightly raced sort. (Nb) 735 Windsor: WITHOUT A TRACE I reckon it was the step up in trip from 8f to 11f that released this horses untapped potential lto. It easily won by 5ls despite not enjoying the soft ground. Connections claimed that it would improve even more for better ground so Im just hoping its not to firm here Tonight. Theres been plenty of rain showers so Im hopeful that the ground will be ideal. Velvet Waters looks a danger on paper but that horse has only ever won at Bath twice from 17 starts so looks exposed. Ill be wagering my money on more improvement from this unexposed 3 year old and in Martin Dwyer it shouldnt lack from the saddle. (Win) All the best Tankyman

Re: Tankys Tips Cheers Tanky. As an avid follower of your column, i was wondering, what bets do you put on. I have followd your selections with singles and luckys and was just wondering what you put on. Thanks as always for the tips.

Re: Tankys Tips Hi Pete, My nap always carries my largest bet of the day. Its the nap and the one I feel strongest about regardless of price. So the naps say a 3pt bet, nb a 2pt bet & the others 1pt bets. Now if the nap goes 1st and wins then Ill just settle for a small profit on the day and adjust. If it loses I probably up my bets a little but not by much. If My nap goes last the stake will revolve around what sort of day Ive had. Its a system that works me well, complicated but work out your days spends and go from there. I dont do lucky 15s very often. I cant say never but not often. So for me its win bets and a very small eway roll up say a fiver. Everyone does what they like but hope my cack handed approach to explaining has helped.

Re: Tankys Tips 230 Newmarket: SALUT D'AMOUR has some excellent pieces of form over 5f despite the fact that its been looking like a step up in trip would suit. It won a pretty decent Listed race on its penultimate start and followed that up with what on paper is its best performance to date when flying through the field to finish a never nearer 2nd place behind what looks a star horse in the making in Flashy Wings in the Group 2 Queen Mary Stakes. Not many have reappeared from that race but the 10th home Danjet has won a little Conditions Stakes since. That piece of form regardless of anything else easily looks the best on offer here and I really do expect the 6th furlong Today to bring about unlimited improvement in this horse. On a hard day it looks one of the safest bets of the day to Me. (Nb) 245 Pontefract: RATHOR deserves a change of luck after 3 continuous 2nd places so far in its career. It was disappointing that after travelling so well for so far lto that it was again beaten but in a race where those with form look distinctly limited and the newcommers needing to prove plenty on there debuts to lower this ones colours I think the safe option is Rathor. (Win) 810 Uttoxeter: MANORAM all of this horses best form is over the minimum trip and the return to 16f Today will be ideal after disappointing when a non stayer over 21f lto. Manoram is a consistant sort over the 16f trip as form figures of 7,6,3,1,2,2,1,3,1 show when tackling this distance. David Dennis who has ridden that horse on most of its outings is replaced by an eyecatching jockey booking of Richard Johnson. Dennis rides the stable 2nd string on paper Snipe but that one has shown all its best form over further. (Win) 820 Wolverhampton: SPEAR was very impressive lto when having its 1st try on an all weather surface and easily brushing aside a field of handicappers. Jamie Spencer who rode there never had an anxious moment and this looks a spot kick to follow up under just a 6lb penalty. Spencer again takes the ride on this horse for on fire trainer David Loder who has won with his last 5 runners. Todays best bet. (Nap) All the best Tankyman

Re: Tankys Tips With a spare day I thought i'd try work out how much you've earner us followers over the last 2 months!! Worked out each days takings and used this key: NAP - 5pts NB - 3pts WIN - 1pt DOUBLE - 2pt BANKER DOUBLE - 5pt E/W - 2pt (1 E/W) With a bank of 100pts to begin with you've made 321.60 pts including our bank. The best days gambling came on the 3rd of June making 75.73 pts. Superb work! Just thought that with the stats here you'll get your just deserves and maybe we can follow each days staking and winnings! Keep up the good work fella! :clap :clap :clap