Tankys Tips

Re: Tankys Tips I don't often post but I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU for your consistently good selections. I have been observing them for some time and have recently backed a few and my bank has benefited as a result. Your posts are always well presented and explained and your strike rate is impressive. Many thanks and more power to you. Craghopper :clap :clap :clap

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tankys Tips Thanks Crag even though Yesterday was a bit disappointing... Today looks a difficult day and for Me will be one of smaller stakes: 305 York: BLUEBOK showed that its well up to winning a race like Todays of its new mark of 75 when coming 3rd lto half length behind Foley Millenium in a race run in a time 0.73 seconds faster than the course standard. The 2nd home there One Way Ticket has since boosted the form by winning already. This fast ground lover comes here at the top of its game and Robert Winston is an eyecatching booking for the Bradley yard. Id cover your stake though with a small saver on Bradleys other horse in the field Salviati. Bradley is prone to winning with his second string even when they appear to have little chance. (Win) 320 Newbury: KOSTAR is 3/6 on gf ground over Todays 6f trip and comes here better than ever and looks upto defying its 6lb penalty. The form of its last victory was boosted by the 5th home Desert lord winning since. Philip Robinson rides this horse and is 2/2 on it. Robinson and clive Cox do well Together with 13/51 (22%) & a lsp of £42.93 this year they have done even better with a record of 6/15 (40%) Quoted at 6/1 in the RP it looks a solid ew bet to Me. (EWay) 400 Wolverhampton: OUTLOOK showed plenty of early when bursting from the stalls to lead all the way and come home a comfy winner over 7f here. It drops back to 6f Today but that looks no hardship as it ran a good 2nd behind Lindus Atenor on its debut. That horse has won in handicap company since. (Win) 435 Wolverhampton: SPECTAIT it was no surprise to anyone connected to the Prescott yard when it showed improved form to win easily on its handicap debut over 7f @ Lingfield on Wednesday. That race was one of 10 entries it held then often a sign that Prescott knew it was well weighted to win races of a mark of just 67. Today it runs of the same mark plus a 6lb penalty and the ease it won with there gives it the look of a very tasty bet here Today. With it still holding plenty of entries dont be surprised to see it turned out again to try and win under the penalty again in either a race @ Newmarket or more likely a race run @ Pontefract in honour of Mark Prescotts old buddy Graham Rock. (Nap) 445 York: ALCHEMIST MASTER has come into form on its last 2 starts. Firstly it ran 2nd to decent yardstick Hiccups (4th there was Dispol Katie who won nto). Lto it beat Pure Imagination by almost 2ls in handicap company and looked like it was still improving. Its interesting to see then that connections have dropped it into Claiming Class. That might be because they have had problems with this horses health and they are picking Today to try and get rid of it. Despite not being the pick of the weights it comes here in fine form, trip and going are ideal and with question marks hanging over all the other runners its the one I want on my side. (Win) 645 Newmarket: UNDER MY THUMB needed its debut run but in its 3 races since has shown progressive form each time. On its second start it was 2nd behind Confedential Lady who was won both races since including a Listed race. On its penultimate start it beat Ahmedy (won nto) and then on its latest start its handicap debut of a mark of 81 it blew away Aspen falls by 2ls with the rest well behind. Under My Thumb is progressing fast and should easily be up to defying Todays 6lb penalty. This race is expected to be its prep race for a £15k handicap @ the Glorious Goodwood meeting. Trainer E.Oneil has his string in fine form with 4 winners & 5 placed from the 11 runners he has sent out over the last 14 days. Graham Gibbons who continues to impress does exceptionally well when riding for Oneil with a record of 12/40 (30%) and a lsp of over £41. (Nb) All the best Tankyman

Re: Tankys Tips nap 4/6, nb 2/1 & a 9/4 landed yesterday for a bit of profit 310 Newbury: LA CHUNGA recorded a decent 1st effort over 5f when looking in need of the run and then stepped up on that form when blowing away 13 rivals on its 1st start over 6f in The Group 3 Albany Stakes. That race was run in a very fast time 0.75 faster than the standard. Jamie Spencer in the saddle there retains the ride Today. He was very impressed with this horse that day and said that he had never sat on a 2yr old so fast or so precious before. He said the horse has a great cruising speed, a turn of pace, good attitude, extra gears and class. Jeremy Noseda & Spencer do well together with 7/30 (23%) over the last 5 years. Thats even better this year with 3/9 (33%) and a lsp of over £15. (Win) 335 Nottingham: NANTON appreciated the drop back to 8f lto when easily brushing aside a decent looking field and can follow up here despite a 6lb hike in the handicap for that win. On paper these rivals look inferior horses to the ones it beat there. 8f appears to be Nantons optimum trip with form figures over this trip of 6,1,1. With the fast ground here perfect for it and classy up and coming jockey Nelson De Souza taking of 3lbs there will be no excuses if it cant follow up Today. (Nap) 350 Newcastle: OUNINPOHJA comes here on the back of a decent win lto from Mexican Pete over 12f @ Doncaster. It battled well there to get back up but despite winning the 12f looked a bit further than it needs right now so the drop back to 10f today will be ideal. Its recorded an easy win over 10f in the none to distant past and with Swinbank also running Isidore Bonheur in this race that horse will make sure theres enough pace if nothing else is keen to lead. (Nb) 410 Nottingham: RATHOR was starting to look expensive to follow when 2nd on each of its first 3 race course starts. That myth was blown out the water in no uncertain terms though when it hacked up in a Maiden by an easy 10ls from some well regarded individuals from big yards. Some of its placed form was pretty impressive especially its 2nd behind the potentially very useful Munsef who hacked up itself in a decent handicap on its next start. that horse is thought good enough to hold group 1 & 2 entries and rathor can also go on to achieve that level now its had that confidence boosting win. This Machiavellian colt looks to have got in this race very lightly of a makr of just 80. It drops back to 8f but is a speedy enough sort and the mile could be its best trip in time. (Win) 845 Lingfield: INCROYABLE from the Mark Prescott yard that is coming good now and had a double yesterday has been found a big chance to make a winning seasonnal reappearance. Its stepped up in trip today but on breeding has every chance of staying this trip. Prescott also has the habit of making plenty of bookings for those horses he thinks are weighted well below there true level and this horse has other engagements pencilled in for Windsor on Monday & Sandown on wednesday. It might be a long wait till 845 for this thing but in a poor looking race it can prove the class act and keep up the momentum for Prescott & Seb Sanders. (Win) All the best Tankyman

Re: Tankys Tips Its just sods law Working. Im sorry but We will get some winners Together. I dont believe in Jonahs or Albertroses. It just happens. Well done with the trebles Bowles. The acca would have been nice wouldnt it but a small profit is better than no profit at all and much nicer than a loss...

Re: Tankys Tips Fame at last lol. Cheers Paul... 4 from 5 Yesterday Nap 10/11, Nb 5/4, plus 9/4 & 5/4 made it a nice winning profit. Just a pity La Chunga ruined the full house.. 255 Newmarket: MICKEHAHA comes here in top form with impressive wins either side of a slightly disappointing effort when 6th @ Windsor. That run though is best ignored imo because thats the 3rd time it had run @ Windsor and it blatently doesnt like the course. Mickehahas wins @ Lingfield from Beauchamp Turbo & Nottingham from Hawridge King were both done with the minimum of fuss and in the style of a horse a bit ahead of the handicap. Todays course will play to its strengths and looks a good bet to Me. (Win) 330 Newmarket: STRONGHOLD has been placed in all of its 4 starts to date winning at the 3rd time of asking in a Maiden by 6ls from First Fought. Zendaro well beaten there has won since to boost the form. On Strongholds handicap debut it was tried over a longer trip of 10f. The extra distance combined with other factors there such as the poor tactical ride that Richard Hughes gave it, kicking for home over 2f out, the fact that it wandered about and looked very green still all played to it getting beaten. It only went down by 1l there though and the 5th home nanton has won well twice since to support this line of form. Stronghold is dropped back to 8f Today and that looks ideal for now. Richard Hughes retains the ride and will surely hold onto it a lot longer Today. Despite that poor ride Hughes & trainer Gosden have a good record together with 4/15 (26%) this year. Stronghold looks a safe bet to Me Today. (Nb) 345 Pontefract: SOUND BREEZE has had 3 career starts so far winning the last 2 easily after needing its debut run. It was a 5l winner of a Ripon Maiden before winning by the same distance on its handicap debut of a mark of 82 with any amount in hand. It runs here without being reassessed and with just a 6lb penalty to try and stop it. Unexposed and looking a horse that can reach a much higher rating I reckon this horse can be another winner for the inform Mark Johnson stable to add to the dozen he has had in the last fortnight. (Nap) 440 Newmarket: SONG OF SONGS beat a fair sort in decent style when accounting for Political Intrigue over Todays trip. Political Intrigue has showed that was a decent performance as its gone on to win both its races since, firstly a Maiden easily and then a handicap of 80 just as easy. Song of Songs looks to have got in here of a nice mark of 82 when you compare it to what Political Intrigue has done since. With no worries about the trip and the others having questions to answer this can be another winner for the Spencer / Fanshawe combination who have a record over the last 5 years of 23/81 (28%). They have done just as well this year when teamed up with 2/5 (40%). (Win) 525 Pontefract: DAYBREAK DANCER has hit form with avengence in the last week firstly bolting up by 5ls in a Maiden and then following up Yesterday by even further over 7f @ Lingfield under Adam Kirby. The improvement in someways can be attributed to the visor that it has worn for those 2 winning races. the visor is on again Today, Adam Kirby again rides and takes of his useful 5lb claim. The drop back to 5f at this level doesnt worry Me because Daybreak Dancer is a very fast starter. If trainer Geoff Huffer gives the nod to run this one twice in 24 hours take the hint and get on. A repeat showing of its last 2 starts of the same mark it had today it will need wing mirrors to see its rivals. A couple of steps ahead of the handicapper imo. (Win) All the best Tankyman

Re: Tankys Tips 2 more from Me now the rains arrived.. Small stakes.. 145 Newbury: TORINMOOR has come back to racing in fine form this season. On its reappearance it ran a close 3rd behind Spring Jim. It improved on that lto when only finding Solo Flight to good for it. That horse has since run well in The John Smiths Cup and is a decent yardstick. Star of Light, Danehill Willy & Ofaraby who were all well behind Torinmoor there have won it least once since to boost the form. Now the rains arrived it will be a big player. (Win) 215 Newbury: MUSICANNA is another that will have appreciated the over night rain. Its had only 3 starts to date but has great form figures of 2,1,1. Lto it beat a decent sort in Clinet by a neck with the rest 4ls and more further back. Clinet boosted the form by winning nto of a 5lb higher mark. Musicanna has been raised 7lb for that victory but is unexposed and still open to unlimited improvement. Murtagh & Fanshawe do well when teamed up with 32/165 (19%) over the last 5 years. This year the have achieved that with 11/55 (20%). (Win)

Re: Tankys Tips Nap 4/7, Nb 3/1, 11/8 & 4/7. Very pleased that Ive had 3 straight winning Nap, Nb combinations. Lets hope the winners continue this week although now Ive said that itll probably be the kiss of death. 330 Sedgefield: REEM TWO might still be a Maiden Hurdler but has shown more than enough in them races to see that its well upto winning a little race like this. Lto it only found Dewasentah too good and that horse then followed up of a higher mark. Reem Two easily has the highest official rating of those assessed, goes on any type of ground and has the best jockey riding in this race in Jason Maguire (Nb) 400 Sedgefield: MAIDSTONE MONUMENT has been on the up just lately with wins @ both Fontwell & Newton Abbot both over 22f. Lto it failed to quiet see out the extended 27f along with trying to defy a 16lb hike by the handicapper. There was a lot to like about that showing though and gave the impression that its well up to winning of this new mark so the fact the handicapper has dropped it 4lb makes it look well in to me. The drop back to 21f will be tickety boo and who better to ride than Tony McCoy who is 1/1 on this horse. As long as the ground doesnt turn bottomless this horse looks well capable to me of giving weight and a beating all round with minimal fuss. (Win) 415 Southwell: FLOR Y NATA has the stand out form to take this race with the minimum amount of fuss under Todays conditions and to Me there should be no excuses if it doesnt win. A close 3rd on its debut it then took its Maiden in good style over Todays trip. On its last start it produced its best effort to date when chasing home the progressive and potentially smart Tery Mills horse Close To You who won again easily Yesterday. Flor Y Nata has raced exclusively on all weather surfaces so far but makes its Southwell debut. I dont think Southwell has any fears for it. I think it can give weight all round and a beating to its rivals here with The Prescott & Sanders combination hitting top form having had 5 winners from there last 10 rides together. (Nap) 600 Yarmouth: MISS BRUSH achieved more than was first thought when taking its Maiden at the 2nd time of asking from Figjam who has won 2 handicaps since of marks of 84 & 90. Verite who was 5th there has also won since. Lto it was aimed a bit to high in Listed company and was found wanting. Dropped back down in class Today to a Class 6 Auction Stakes it can be another winner for the inform James Fanshawe who had 3 winners Yesterday. Spencer rides and has a great record when riding for Fanshawe with 24 winners from 82 rides (29%) over the last 5 years. There record this year is 3/6 (50%). (Win) 615 Windsor: COBURN made its debut here over 5f in a pretty hot Maiden when finishing 5th behind Crocodile Bay. Crocodile bay, the 2nd Green Park, 3rd Scarlet Knight & 6th home there Green Pride have all won one race at least since then. Coburn wasnt suited by the slow pace lto and found itself in a poor position @ the 2f pole. It looked an impossible position but the way it quickened up it was only by a sh that it failed in the end behind the more experienced Hill of Grace. Having its 3rd race today it should be a case of 3rd time lucky. Drawn well enough in stall 10 (unless it turns very soft) I expect Coburn to be tucked in close to the pace and Jimmy Fortune should do the rest. by steering the right course. (Win) All the best Tankyman

Re: Tankys Tips 235 Beverley: MYSTIFIED put up an impressive debut performance when finishing less than a length behind Ahmedy. It started a big price that day @ 50/1 and with it looking like it would come on plenty for the race as it looked like it carried a bit of condition round the middle with minimal improvement it should take a lot of beating. (EWay) 250 Goodwood: UNFURLED on a line through The Geezer Unfurled has the beating of that horse again and also Brahminy Kite. It won its Maiden in great style by 10ls from Glistening who has won since to boost the form. The 3rd there Magic Instant, 5th Wild Savannah, 9th Oceans Gift & 11th Royal Jet have also come out that race to win races since. On its next start it did well to beat the Obrien horse Indigo Cat on ground faster than it would like but it battled well to take that Listed race. Indigo Cat then went on to take a Listed race in style on its next start to boost that line of form also. Lto it ran in the Derby finishing 7th behind Motivator. The course didnt suit it best there and it was forced to race wider than would have been suitable. It ran on well enough though to expel doubts about the trip. Todays track will be much more suitable as will the ground. More interesting though is the jockey booking of Keiran Fallon. Fallon & John Dunlop have done well together over the last 5 years with 18/73 (24%) but Today the join forces for the first time in 2005. It can be a winning reunion. (Nap) 310 Beverley: BURLEY FLAME has shown all its best form round this course with form figures of 1, 1 & 2. Lto it was beaten half a length into 2nd behind Saxon Lil (followed up nto of a 6lb higher). It stayed on well there so the step up in trip to the extended 8f looks ideal as it has some decent placed form over that trip @ other courses. Connections fit a first time visor which should help it get home and with all goings suitable there should be no excuses. (EWay) 345 Beverley: ABBEY CAT has run consistently without quiet getting its head in front. On its penultimate start it only went down by a sh behind Bingo One but had Outlook who has won both its starts since including its last race in a handicap of a mark of 80. Last time out it ran upto standard when 2nd to a decent sort in the odds on Give Me The Night in a fast time. Todays race represents Abbey Cats best chance to date to get its head in front and with Swinbank having his horses in decent form (3/12 in the last 14 days). Neil Pollard takes the ride which is a rare booking for this stable. I expect this horse to soon sit handily and make a bid for home between the 2f & 1f poles. I think that will be decicive and they wont fetch it back, (Win 500 Galway: THE FOYLE was an impressive winner of a Balinrobe nhf race before making a more than adequate debut over hurdles when finishing 2nd behind Overbury Affair with 4 future winners well behind. Its last start didnt go exactly to plan and its poor run was put down to severe breathing problems. Its been of the track 9 months and had a operation to solve the problem which was said to be a success. Gallop reports suggest also that its fit and raring to go. Its no surprise then that they have booked a top jockey to do the steering. That jockey is Tony McCoy and it just happens to be His only ride on this card. (Nb) All the best Tankyman

Re: Tankys Tips Yesterday was hard work with to many 2nd places and only 1 2/1 winner. Hopeful of getting back to winning ways Today though. 205 Newton Abbot: SUNNYLAND beat 2 future winners in Figaro Du Rocher & Englishtown in good style @ Worcester lto and theres no real reason why that form cant be reproduced here. Admittedly it hung a bit there but the trainer just put that down to the fact it was still on the green side. Phillip Hobbs put up a young up and coming conditional jock in D ODwyer but against his own sorts from what Ive read Ge is well up to the task. (Win) 250 Goodwood: AUSSIE RULES is pretty high up the pecking order at Ballydoyle and a few bubbles will be burst if it isnt upto winning here. This son of Danehill made an impressive debut over 6f and the further it went there the better it looked. The step up to 7f Today is the obvious next step. Its expected to take this without to many problems before it goes for The Gimcrack. Its long term target is The 2006 Derby and Today you could see that winner here. (Win) 325 Goodwood: SOVIET SONG was back to something like its best lto when winning The Falmouth for the 2nd year in a row. Johnny Murtagh rides this horse well with 5 wins & 4 placed efforts from his 10 rides on it. Murtagh & Fanshawe have done well together this year with 13/58 (28%). A win today will also take Soviet Songs prize money through the Million barrier. Big player here with conditions perfect. (Win) 345 Newton Abbot: FONTANESI after falling on its chase debut in a race that it was just coming to win Fontanesi put things to right on its next start with a very smooth victory over Todays cd. It basically never came of the bridle and never looked like it wasnt going to win. Todays main rival is Fool On The Hill but Fontanesi has the potential to beat it over chases just like it has on the 2 occassions that they met over hurdles the 2nd of them defeats coming in The County Hurdle. With the way these horses race Fool will set the pace, Fontanesi will stalk the field and Timmy Murphy will just have to steer it through at the right time. (Nb) 435 Goodwood: STRAWBERRY LEAF has shown potential in each of its 3 starts to date. On its penultimate start it finished a 1l behind Front Stage (won a hcap nto of 87), 2nd home there Pinpoint has also won since by 5ls, 4th World Series has also won since to boost the form. Lto Strawberry Leaf beat Muzdaher (an easy 8l winner nto), the 4th Sovereignty has also won to boost the form. That horse reopposses but shouldnt turn the form round. 77 is a very fair mark for what its achieved and the softer ground should be perfect on breeding what with it being a half sister to Unfuwain. (Win) 705 Sandown: SPECTAIT has now won its last 2 races of marks of 67 (7f) & 73 (9f). The more visually impressive was the 7f win but thats because Seb Sanders let it go to early and it started looking around but still held on. Today the drop back to 7f looks ideal and it can defy the 3lb penalty that takes it up to a mark of 76. Still progressing well and can be the first of a double Tonight for the Sanders & Prescott combination who are having winners for fun right now. (Win) 835 Sandown: INCROYABLE took the step up to staying distances in style on its first start for around 10 months. Backers of it never had a moments worry as it travelled well throughout the race and recorded a very smooth victory. It did well to quicken of that slow pace so todays race with more horses that like to ensure a good pace should see it in an even better light. This horse could go on to be a half decent stayer and theres no doubt that its well handicapped at the moment. It drops back to 14f Today but for a horse that had the pace to win over 10f that doesnt worry me. I expect it to defy the penalty here in style and then be turned out again to defy it again at either Newmarket on Friday or Thirsk on Saturday. (Nap) All the best Tankyman

Re: Tankys Tips 235 Carlisle: UNDETERRED ran very well when finishing just 1l behind the inform Mr Wolf in a 0-90 handicap lto. That was its best effort for a while and probably had plenty to do with the visor being back on. David Barrons wasted no time turning it back out just 4 days after that fine effort. The surprise is that He has dropped it into Claiming Company for the 1st time and its very well favoured by the weights here. This horse does all its best racing on Todays firm surface, is the pick of the weights and David Baron makes a very rare jockey booking with Rob Winston having only his 2nd ride for him this year. (Win) 420 Carlisle: MOUNT HILLABY has been dropped 1lb for a very good effort lto when just over 2ls behind Nanton over 8f @ haydock. Nanton boosted the form by winning nto even easier of a 6lb higher mark so Mount Hillaby lost nothing in defeat getting beaten by that rival. The return to 7f round here will be ideal and with P.Mulrennan taking of a useful 3lbs I think it has a great chance of giving weight all round and a beating to these rivals. (Win) 520 Stratford: AMICELLI won well after a year long break when cruising home well clear from Reasonably Sure over 21f. A few things thwarted its follow up attempt including a 11lb weights rise, jumping left throughout & the drop back in trip. There should be no such excuses Today. It goes left handed here, its back up in trip to almost 23f and it should be as fresh as a daisy. The handicapper for once has also been generous and dropped it 3lbs for that 2nd place. Richard Johnson is 1/2 on this horse and if MY hunch is right that 1st time out is the best time to catch this one He can improve on that stat here. (Nb) 650 Musselburgh: WHAT A DANCER has upwards of 16lb in hand of these rivals and really ought to be a class above these under those conditions. Its been running coonsistently well of late, knows whats needed to win races, the cheek pieces are on and Rob Winston is booked to ride, There should be no excuses here. (Nap) 805 Epsom: LORD OF THE EAST is another entered in a Claimer that has a few lbs in hand of its rivals. It won well lto unchallenged and looks primed to run another big race here @ this unique course where its already won 4 times before. Course form here is worth its weight in gold so the fact that it acts here is worth another few lbs. Well drawn in stall 3 and with Adrian Nicholls replacing Vicky Behan every efforts been made to make this course win number 5. (Win) All the best Tankyman

Re: Tankys Tips 205 Bangor: STRATHTAY had the race in the bag when approaching 2 out and over jumping resulting in Tom Malone ending up on the turf. It was basically going to well and the jockey wasnt expecting such a big jump in my opinion. That was the only semblence of a mistake there and it can make up for that bad luck by beating a field of average flat horses most of them making there first start. The booking of Timmy Murphy inspires Me and He can give it an assured Murphy ride before quickening away in the home straight. (Nb) 250 Goodwood: LUCKY SPIN goes best with cut in the ground so there will be no excuses on that score here. It recorded an easy win from La Cucaracha in a Group 3 race at York. La Cucaracha won a big handicap on its next start in good style to boost the form. Its big target at the moment for this season is The Group 1 Stanley Bet Sprint. There looks little to stop it picking up this Group 3 en route. (Win) 310 Bangor: CATCHTHEBUG Jonjo has been gradually finding winners a bit easier to come by of late and had another Yesterday to continue the upturn in form. catchthebug comes here on the back of a good win from Pirouettes over 16f @ Uttoxeter and to Me a repeat of that would easily be good enough to win here. Theres every chance though that this horse is capable of much much more. Tony McCoy who has been at The Galway Festival riding all week is brought back to these shores to ride this McManus horse rather than riding other horses for McManus worth bigger purses back in Ireland. Thats a tip in itself to Me. Solid bet. (Nap) 410 Thirsk: SUMMER CHARM is worth risking on the strength of its performances since being stepped up to middle distances (1,3,2,2 over 10f+) . Its 2nd place lto when only half a length behind Golden Gate is as solid as you can get at this level. With this track likely to suit, trip, ground all ideal and trainer Willie Jarvis's horses showing up well of late (3/12 last 14 days) its definately worth a small bet despite the reservations about the jockey 7lb claimer Charlotte Kerton. This horse is an uncomplicated ride so I think its worth the risk at the likely price. (Win) 445 Thirsk: MR WOLF comes here in the form of its life having won its last 3 starts in the style of a rapidly improving horse. That improvement has come since the fitting of the cheek pieces (5,1,1,1). It has blistering early pace and can soon have these rivals in trouble including Trojan Flight who is 4lb better of for a eased up length when they met lto. Mr Wolfs task is helped by it getting a good draw in stall 11 a position from which it can quickly grab the far rail which gives horses a big advantage. A Mullen is great value for his 5lb claim, He's 1/2 on this horse and this cd winner can again defy the handicapper for the inform Dave Baker (4/14 in the last fortnight) (Win) All the best Tankyman

Re: Tankys Tips Nap landed Yesterday @ 10/11 and a 7/2 for a small profit. With meetings @ Doncaster, Goodwood & Newmarket amongst others Today could be a punters bloodbath. Ill be having small singles and tiny multiples plus an even tinier ew roll up of all 7. 245 Thirsk: HIGH CURRAGH was very green on its debut but learned plenty. That was evident in the style it picked up and won well enough from a decent looking sort in Frank Crow. It encounters similar conditions here and with improvement almost guarenteed a bold showing is expected. Robert Winston gets the leg up and when teamed up with Kevin Ryan this year they have produced a lsp of over £16. (Win) 330 Doncaster: SONG OF SONGS easily took its Maiden over cd before improving to take a handicap at the 1st time of asking of a mark of 82. It has to defy a 6lb penalty here but this lightly raced sort is improving rapidly and thought to be slightly better than a handicapper in the Fanshawe yard. Spencer rides and He does well when teamed up with Fanshawe. 24/83 (28%) over the last 5 years. This year they have done even better with 3/7 (42%). (Win) 340 Newmarket: RAWDON is another improving horse who appears a few steps ahead of the handicapper still. Its improvement has come about for the removal of the visor strangely. It won its Maiden cosily over 11f before staying on well to beat Evaluator here over cd with a bit in hand of a mark of 79. That was no surprise and it was well backed to do the job. Evaluator has won both its starts since of 2lb & 7lb higher marks. (Win) 355 Thirsk: ROHAANI is 2/2 in its career so far and looks capable of much more. Wins over 10f then dropped to 9f were done with more ease than the finishing distance suggested. Today it drops in trip again to 8f which looking at its breeding could be its optimum trip for now. It posseses a good turn of foot. Winston & Stoute so well Together with 13/50 (26%) over the last 5 years. The lsp of over £40 is also very impressive. This big horse is maturing slowly and continue that education here. (Win) 505 Doncaster: BOWNESS is 2/3 in its career thus far. Beaten on its debut it then went on to take its Maiden with the minimum of fuss over 6f. It was dropped back to 5f for its seasonnal reappearance but always travelled well and picked up in the style of a horse that had blossomed over the winter and despite a 6lb penalty here its going to take a lot of stopping if reproducing that form. James Given has won with 3 of his last 5 runners and could be on the verge of a purple patch. Richard Hills is also a very interesting booking having only his 3 ride for Givens yard in 5 years. (Nb) 650 Hamilton: BESSEMER has some good form since being entered in Claiming races with form figures of 1,2,1. Its unlucky to have lost at this level really when things never went right and was narrowly beaten by Baillieborough a horse it then thrashed on identical terms on its next start over this cd. Todays race looks tailor made for it. Its the pick of the weights here along with Simplify by upwards of 9lb. Simplify comes here struggling for form especially on turf so that makes it easy to discard that one. Bessemer is a confident selection for Me. (Nap) 720 Hamilton: LINDUS ATENOR despite the fact that both its 2 wins from 5 starts have come on the all weather its turf form stands up very well against these limited rivals. Its 2nd place behind Titus Again who won its next 2 starts and its 3rd behind Dream Fantasy (5th home Another Bailey won well Yesterday) are both solid pieces of form above anything on offer from its rivals. Darren Williams & Karl Burke have a good record with the 2 year olds of 5/29 (20%) but its the lsp of over £50 thats the eyecatching stat. (Win) All the best Tankyman

Re: Tankys Tips Another winning Nap Yesterday plus a couple of others but on the whole what I was expecting and a very up and down day with the selections. 230 Newbury: FLOR Y NATA makes its turf debut Today having been campaigned solely on the aw so far. Its won 2 of its 4 starts there and ran well when not beaten far in the other 2 races behind some decent sorts. Lto it looked better than ever when bolting up over 7f @ Southwell and it can prove even better on turf. Prescott has always claimed it would be and gallop reports are very complimentary. Today it has to try and defy a 6lb penalty but I think it will take that in its stride and come home clear. Its declared @ Newcastle on Wednesday & Newmarket on Friday. Dont be surprised to see it rattle up a quick fire treble before it gets reassessed. (Win) 240 Market Rasen: WESTON ROCK easily beat Golfagent lto in a time 5 seconds faster and carrying 7lb more than Todays rival Explosive Fox won over the same cd just 1 hour later. Now Weston has got the taste of winning it can follow up in a race that should be run too suit. Most of this field also seem to be struggling for form so its a good time for Weston Rock to strike with conditions ideal (Win) 250 Chester: BROKEN SPUR improved from finishing last on its debut to finish a close 2nd behind Art Market. Richterhoffen 4th & Zaal 5th have both won since to boost the form. Lto it went down by a neck to the highly thaught of Godolphin horse Faith & Reason. Barry Hills always does well round here with a 23% strike rate over the last 5 years but amazingly 13/26 (50%) with his 2 year olds. Michael Hills who rides also excels round here (20%) thats 34% on 2 year olds. This unique course doesnt suit unexperienced horses so thats another plus for Broken Spur and with a perfect draw in stall 2 it can be a big player from start to finish. Michael Hills also has a record of 2/3 (66%) on 2 year olds here this season. All these stats make this look a good thing to Me. (Nb) 325 Chester: DABBERS RIDGE can complete a quick across the card double for Barry & Michael Hills. The money was only left in the bookies satchells last time when its wide draw of 9 meant that it had to run wide a long way. Much better drawn Today for Chester in stall 5 it can soon grab a decent early position and when Michael Hills presses the button there should be no excuses Today. (Win) 350 Market Rasen: CROC AN OIR has been exploiting a low hurdles mark since joinging Richard Fords yard from that of Venitia Williams. Lto it ran well in defeat after 2 easy hurdles wins but was beaten by a combination of an 18lbs weight rise and also the rain softened ground. Today its returned to Chasing which shoulr be perfect as this horse has always look more of a chasing type than a hurdler. It has cd winning form here when it was with Williams when beating its new trainers Pallisander of a mark of 106. Ford obviously liked what he saw there as he then acquired the horse. Pallisander also did its part by winning its next 2 starts to make that form look solid. Croc An Oir had problems after that race that resulted in 2 below par runs before changing yards. Ford has sweetened it up with a 9 month break and with them hurdles wins proving its back to its best it can make a winning return to chasing of a 3lb lower mark than when last seen over fences. If the heavens open I wouldnt want to back this one but as long as the ground stays on the good side Ill be having a nice wager on this one. (Win) 455 Market Rasen: DEWASENTAH looks the banker of the day to Me and has upwards of 17lbs in hand on official ratings from these rivals. Each of its last 4 starts would be enough for this horse to win hard held. Its 2/2 round this course both ridden by Lee so it obviously loves it here. The form of those 2 wins from firstly Reem Two (Won nto) and then Keep On Movin (good 2nd lto & 6th home Lake Merded won nto) are both a pipe dream away for Todays rivals at the moment. Jeff Jefferson and Graham Lee do well together and this horse can improve there 7/33 (21%) strike rate this year. This one looks rock solid to Me. (Nap) All the best Tankyman