** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Monthly Naps Comp, ''Monday'' 11th Jan 2016

4:00 Wolverhampton : Elle Rebelle @ 7/1 bet365 e/w

Elle Rebelle.....from Mark Brisbourne yard I should be going for Blue Melody Girl but I've bet Elle Rebelle a couple of times so I 'll keep following her , She's been a winner of five races from 6f to 1m 2f including 3 wins on the all-weather 1 on Polytrack, ,

The yard are increasing the distance for first time and she is still running off same mark as last race at Chelmsford AW 1m 2f only 8 days ago when she finished 5th when young Charlie Bennett was in saddle but yard are bring in Jamie Spencer which suggest to me there hoping for a big run

Kemp 2.30 - O'Connor's Girl - win at 5/4 bog PP

12F maiden

Well, I'm pretty sure I'm in my worst run since starting to do this competition 7 or 8 years ago.......but I'll keep plugging on

:D

This is a small race with 4 runners........of the 3 that have run my selection looks the standout having shaped as though middle distances are what she needs. Finished 2nd to a well backed Gosden horse last time, staying on at the finish over 2 furlongs shorter. Comes from the Prescott yard, has Luke Morris up and gets the fillies allowance against 3 colts

The danger is probably the newcomer who cost quite a lot - he's from the Simcock yard which might be a worry but he only went into the yard a few days ago so doubt Simcock has got to work on him yet..........probably running him for a look at what he's got

4.10 Kempton

Archie Stevens and Royal Normandy are likely to take on each other for the lead and make this a truly run race. Royal Normandy is only up 3lb for last time out win having tracked a decent pace and may be open to further improvement for an inform yard.

Light From Mars isn’t getting any younger but was a dead heated winner last time our around here over 7, not always seen to best effect over todays trip of 6f which would be a slight concern but biggest concern is the 6lb penalty.

Doctor Parkes has become extremely frustrating but it does come from an inform stable and his latest run again suggest he remains in form when in a poor position over 5f at Wolves in a race lacking much pace, that should be the opposite here today and a truly run race will suit him. He still finished well despite the lack of pace, dropped a 1lb for that effort, he is now 5lb below last winning mark.

1pt win Doctor Parkes 8/1 coral

11.50 Fairview: Pinnacle Stakes, 1000m

An open looking contest where class horse Copper Parade is a fair measure stick given he was placed in a Grade 2 lately. He is two from four starts over this course and distance, so is very well respected and sure to run a big race. 

Late bloomer Blizzard Belle seems to be the main danger. Bidding for a four-timer today, the five year old has excelled over the minimum trip in recent weeks achieving a career best in December when landing a MR86 Handicap off top weight. 

The three year old Oriental Tiger is an intriguing contender. Lightly raced and showing some potential, he could have still more to offer. He's coming as a fresh horse into the race, is badly out off the weights, but probably hasn't shown his true form yet. With Domeyer up he's got to be respected.

Cauclair is a great little money spinner and can be competitive after winning his latest race two weeks ago, though the drop to the minimum trip is not ideal and he might be beaten for speed by quicker sorts at this downhill sprint track.

The highest rated horse in the field is The West Is Wide. He might be slightly flattered by his current rating off 106 as he was disappointing in his last three starts. However he loves this trip and is a course winner as well. He's well weighted to go close if he can find back something of his best. Dropping down to 1.000m can only be a help and Agrella booked for the ride is a big bonus

Summary: It's fair to say that Copper Parade is the horse to beat after his runner-up effort in Grade 2 company. His win record isn't the best lately though. He's a fair price in a competitive little affair but the value lies with the top rated The West Is Wide. If rejuvenated by the return to this track and trip he could easily outrun his price tag.

The West Is Wide @ 10/1 VC

3.40 - The Tichborne -  14/1 - SkyBet BOG

Hasn't won since December 2013 but has been dropping down the handicap and you'd have to think that he will have to hit form sooner or later off such a reduced mark. He is now 7lbs below his last winning mark. Has a decent record in Class 5 races, more commonly raced in Class 4s and previously even C2s. Lightly raced for an 8 year old and only had 2 outings in 2015. George Baker up for the first time today.