** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Monthly Naps Comp Monday 28th December

Trotter

Leop 1.55 - Martello Tower - win at 4/1 bog ladbrokes

grade 1 hurdle over 3 miles

the class horse here is Arctic Fire who has a stone and more in hand on his rivals in ORs. However he's up in trip and is not a certain stayer, having only recently moved up from 2 miles. He has won over 20F and if he stays he'll probably win through class but he can pull hard and with the ground riding Heavy there is a doubt whether he'll get home

My selection won the staying novices grade one race at the Cheltenham Festival this year s he certainly will stay. He acts on Heavy and has won first time out for the last 2 seasons

It's always a bit risky backing horses coming from Novice company to open races against experienced runners..................they often take a season to bed in and get used to the faster pace ....................but I'm banking on this turning into a bit of a slog and playing to my horse's strength

12.05 - Lingfield - Humour - 6/1 - Hills BOG

Won off a mark of 61 in October and was subsequently increased 6lbs in the handicap. Races off 2lbs lower here after some decent consistent efforts. Was only beaten 3L by the unbeaten The Big Lad in November and his only run since then was just 11 days ago when beaten by only 2L in a C5 event, drops back into a Class 6 here and should have a good chance on form.

Leopardstown 3.05 Foxrock (16/1 sportingbet) 0.50 points e/w

Don Poli will be all the rage here, but I'm going for an e/w tip on Foxrock. This fellow has a 100% win and place strike rate when running over today's going, distance and class having registered a win and a place in his 2 races. In fact over chases he also has a 100% win and place strike rate when running over the distance and the class with 2 wins and 3 places. And if you're into sire records, he is by Flemensfirth, who is the most profitable sire at the track. So 16/1 sportingbet (4/1 to be in the first 2) he looks good value to me