Monthly Naps Comp, ''MONDAY'' 2nd Nov 2015

Trainer Tony Carroll looks to have hand picked this race and could have done it with great accuracy, his 6yr old gelding has took home two silver medals in his last 2 runs and that info needs no research as he's carried my cash in his last 5 runs, he's an honest horse who will run his race yet again and with a little luck on his side he'l not be far away, i do have a wee concern he flopped here in ''Dec 2014'' but that was then and this is now.

It's Mr Carroll's only runner of the day and Jockey Lee Edwards sole ride too, horse and jockey do have an entry for Towcester on Nov 5th, but you'd have to imagine that is Plan B

3:50 Ludlow - Mr Mafia.  1pt Win Bet @ 5/2 Most firms, Bet365 - Lads / Hills etc

Plumpton 2:20 : Moon Trip @ 14/1 Skybet e/w thanks

Moon Trip......from Geoffrey Deacon yard the 6yo been a winner of a hurdle race at 2m on good to soft ground has also seen 3 wins on turf, The yard gave it two flat turf races in August ,

The yard has had 74 days to give it some more schooling and freshen him up for another try a hurdling as his last hurdle race was in April at Fakenham when 3rd but had to carry 6lbs more after winning a novice hurdle race here the month before its last race ,

The good thing is he's off the same mark today 102 but yard had time to work on stamina and fitness ready for today with Mark Grant back saddle who was in saddle in those last two race over hurdles

Kemp 3.40 - Somchine - win at 6/1 bog bet365

handicap chase around 20F

My selection would appear to have a lot going for him.......won first time out last year, has won RH, won over this trip, won on good and soft ground, has managed to finish on all 6 of his chase starts (won 3) and is 4lbs higher than last win. On the minus side he does tend to just win narrowly when he wins and I'm not sure I'd trust him in a battle.

But I think this race might not take much winning........I don't really fancy any of the others

The favourite, Adam de Breteau, looks the main danger as befits his market position. He's lightly raced and only 5 years old, an Irish point winner who sold for over a quarter of a million (quid!) in 2014. He disappointed as a hurdler but was going well when unshipping his jockey on his chase debut recently. Obviously the 'going well' is why he's favourite but I'm worried about the 'unseating' particularly as he made jumping errors over hurdles. Kempton is known for having stiff fences and chasers have to be able to jump here as mistakes tend to get punished. If he has a clear round he's got a big chance but from his record to date that's a big 'if'

3.15 Ludlow - Battlecat win @ 5/2 Bet365

Battlecat comes into this race in decent enough form, having hit the frame in his last 3 runs, which is more than can be said for the rest of the field as this looks like a really poor race. On previous form he seems to be a better hurdler than chaser as his highest ever hurdles mark was 124 whereas he is only rated 104 over fences. Having said that, with only 3 runs over fences he is fairly unexposed and you would expect improvement with a few more runs. The trip is a concern as he has never raced over 3 miles but his best chase form to date came when he was stepped up to 2m 4f so hopefully he can take the extra half mile in his stride especially as this looks like a great opportunity with most of his rivals out of sorts. The good ground will suit him perfectly.

305 Kempton: Fingal Bay 100/30 Skybet/Coral

Cracking card for a Monday at Kempton and two or three fascinating races to look forward too.

I was going to take Conti on but opted instead to oppose Smad Place over this distance, he's a stayer and wants further than this on a more galloping track to show his best so Fingal Bay may get the better of the battle today.

The Hobbs horse is a class act and a more speedier type and with the yard going really well we can take it that he will be ready first time up. He has about 6lbs to find at the weights but i'm convinced he's a 150+ chaser when things go right and that may be enough today.