Weekly Naps Comp, Day 5, Thursday 6th Aug 2015

Leopardstown 8.00 ; Ivanovich Gorbatov @ 9/2 William Hill Ivanovich Gorbatov........from A P O'Brien yard could this 3yo be another star coming out of this yard , He's only had the two runs today as a 2yo at Tipperary 1m1f where he finished 3rd beaten by 1.75 lengths but never troubled the winner, His other race came 81 days ago at Navan 1m.5f GD this time he took lead going into 2f out and strolled forward to extend lead and stayed on strongly inside final furlong with Joseph O'Brien in saddle, Aiden is increasing the horses distance again today with the young 3yo having time to build up strength and stamina back at yard , they're also having blinkers on for fist time with Joseph O'Brien staying in saddle with Ryan Moore still out injured

20.15 Newcastle: Class 6 Handicap, 6f This a poor affair as you would expect in this class but it is noteworthy that Mr. Donohoe brings a horse over from Ireland for this race. He has a history doing so and has been rather successful in recent years, so one would think there is a reason why Virile is going to post at Newcastle tonight. The four year old gelding has been racing on the UK All-Weather a couple of times earlier in his career, with career best achieved at Wolverhampton when 2nd in a decent maiden behind a good winner. Since then he has been seen largely in Ireland but wasn't up to his marks. However he looked far more into in his last two starts when he travelled notably well for a long time. He has been dropped to a career lowest mark nonetheless and will have the additional benefit of the 7lb claim of an apprentice in the saddle. I believe he could be seriously well handicapped in this field today for this reason. Virile @ 8/1 Coral

2.10 haydock Instill @ 13/2 ladbrokes (bet v showing 14/1 but I think this is an error on the site ) Makes his handicap debut in a weak looking contest. Not disgraced in all 3 maidens and a mark of 62 seams fair. Trainer is on the hotlist and I don't mind the claimer taking off 3lb. Sand gate worries me but I was happy to see this one drift.....

H5.10 Haines 14/1 Bet365 This one had won 4 from 15 over longer trips but they've all been on the All Weather. Having looked at the sire stats for Haydock, they are exceptional so I'll take a chance that the horse can replicate its form on turf here. The sire records is 8 from 24 (33%) here and the booking of Oisin Murphy is another positive. The horses last 5 runs when going left handed have been 33112 so hopefully that's another plus for this course.

340 Haydock: Secret Witness 16/1 bet365/Skybet Struggling this week so just going to select the old bot Secret Witness who is incredibly well handicapped if he could find anything like his old form. Runs for the first time in 0-70 handicap and Mickey Ennis rides who got a decent tune out of him at Chepstow a couple of runs back.

Brighton 4.20 - Blackadder - win at 25/1 bog bet365 Class 6 handicap Going for one of the lightly raced 3yo here My selection has run well here before a couple of runs ago, just going down by under a length over 7F. Then ran at Goodwood in a higher grade and was well beaten back down in class and back here I hope he can cause a bit of a surprise in a poor race

Winners already Sugardaddyken 4/1 Bartrum 10/1 Helderjma 10/1 Djeniks70 8/1 :clap Later runners;

Leopardstown 8.00 ; Ivanovich Gorbatov @ 9/2 William Hill Ivanovich Gorbatov........from A P O'Brien yard could this 3yo be another star coming out of this yard , He's only had the two runs today as a 2yo at Tipperary 1m1f where he finished 3rd beaten by 1.75 lengths but never troubled the winner, His other race came 81 days ago at Navan 1m.5f GD this time he took lead going into 2f out and strolled forward to extend lead and stayed on strongly inside final furlong with Joseph O'Brien in saddle, Aiden is increasing the horses distance again today with the young 3yo having time to build up strength and stamina back at yard , they're also having blinkers on for fist time with Joseph O'Brien staying in saddle with Ryan Moore still out injured
Sandown 7.55 - Whaleweigh Station 1 point win at 16/1 with Bet365
20.15 Newcastle: Class 6 Handicap' date= 6f This a poor affair as you would expect in this class but it is noteworthy that Mr. Donohoe brings a horse over from Ireland for this race. He has a history doing so and has been rather successful in recent years, so one would think there is a reason why Virile is going to post at Newcastle tonight. The four year old gelding has been racing on the UK All-Weather a couple of times earlier in his career, with career best achieved at Wolverhampton when 2nd in a decent maiden behind a good winner. Since then he has been seen largely in Ireland but wasn't up to his marks. However he looked far more into in his last two starts when he travelled notably well for a long time. He has been dropped to a career lowest mark nonetheless and will have the additional benefit of the 7lb claim of an apprentice in the saddle. I believe he could be seriously well handicapped in this field today for this reason. Virile @ 8/1 Coral
Sandown 7.25 INDELIBLE INK 11/2 Bet365
Arch Walker 815 newc 25/1 bet365
1955 sandown - gothic empire 9/2 paddy
8.00 Leopardstown Daneking 10/1 Betfred