Daily Nap Competition Day 1 31st May 2015

Nottingham 3:45 Judge´n Jury @ 14/1 PaddyPower e/w thanks Judge´n Jury.........from Ronald Harris yard the 11yo getting on in age and still gets his turn now and then ,He's a C&D winner here last year and also a 2nd place finish in his only two runs he's had at this track, He's won 12 races at 5f on ground varying from good to firm to soft and on the all-weather , In his first race this season was 23 days ago at Lingfield 5f good when 3rd of 7 behind Iffranesia beaten 2 lengths , Judge´n Jury tried to make it all the way but was head inside final furlong and one pace , He goes off 85 mark a 1lb off for that 3rd place finish, Jockey David Probert keeps the ride on Judge´n Jury who has his usual tongue strap on

Re: Daily Nap Competition Day 1 31st May 2015 4:05 Chantilly - Grand Prix de Chantilly - Group 2 Andre Fabre trains the well bred market leader Manatee who looked progressive as a 3 year old and can improve further from his reappearance. He's got to improve to land this Group 2 prize and although he does have the potential as a son of Monsun out of a mud loving mare the quicker conditions aren't likely to suit. He's won over 15f on very soft ground but has several wins over 12f and he wouldn't be here if his trainer didn't believe he had the speed for this trip. Prince Gibraltar is bred for 10f and although he stayed well over this trip in the Grand Prix de Paris as a 3 year old, that race was run at a slow pace and he was found out in the Arc weakening in the final furlong with every chance of placing. I wouldn't be too harsh on his reappearance as his trainer stressed he would need the run but he hasn't lived up to his promise as a juvenile and I can't have him over this trip. Next in the market is last years winner Spiritjim who then went on to beat Noble Mission in the Group 1 Grand Prix de Saint-Cloud but was disqualified after it was found he used a banned substance to help with his breathing. He then ran well in the Prix Foy not far behind Flintshire despite never really settling off a slow pace so his form is strong. The ground looks ideal and I would be not be surprised if he runs a big race now back over his trip after not staying 15f on his reappearance. Agent Murphy comes over from the UK and although he won a Listed race at Ascot comfortably this is a big step up in class. He's likely to be up with the pace alongside German raider Guardini who was well beaten on his last two visits to France. He won a Group 2 in Germany last time out but also looks to have a bit to find. This is likely to be run at a strong pace with the two foreign raiders as well as Manatee likely to race prominently. This will put Prince Gibraltar's stamina under pressure but will play into the hands of Spiritjim likes to sit in behind the leaders and will relish an end to end gallop. Olivier Peslier is a great booking and with the ground, trip and strong gallop to suit last years winners can go close. Spiritjim - 1pt Win @ 5/1 Ladbrokes

Re: Daily Nap Competition Day 1 31st May 2015 4.00 Fakenham - Pennies And Pounds win @ 8/1 Bet365 This is quite a poor race and Pennies and Pounds is the only one that has won over hurdles. She won 2 runs ago over 2 1/2 miles at Bangor and powered away from the field finishing 22 lengths clear of the second. She was stepped up in trip last time out and she ran poorly but she might be worth chancing again at the trip as she remains unexposed over 3 miles and the way she won 2 races ago would suggest that 3 miles wouldn't be too much of a problem. She is 9lbs higher than her last winning mark but in this company I'm not too concerned about that as there isn't much good recent form on offer.

Re: Daily Nap Competition Day 1 31st May 2015 Nottingham 2.45 Hurry Home Poppa (4/1 bet365 bog) If non runner Listowel 4.40 Bay Hill Hurry Home Poppa is running well at the moment, he was a beaten favourite last time out, over 2m. but he did lead at the 14f marker (now I maybe reading too much of that) but that’s the distance he is running over today and also the distance both his wins todate were registered at. The first of which was here in September 2014 in same class and ground conditions of today

Re: Daily Nap Competition Day 1 31st May 2015 Nott 2.45 - Hallstatt - win at 10/1 bog bet365 Staying handicap My horse is a bit of an old timer at 9 years of age but goes well here with 4 wins at the track and he also won on his seasonal debut last year. Paul Mulrennan rides - he rode him to both his wins last season Only 1lb above last winning mark so must have a chance if age hasn't finally caught up with him

Re: Daily Nap Competition Day 1 31st May 2015 N3.15 Ya Halla 25/1 Stan James Both of this horse career wins have come since the switch to Evans' stable and both have come at todays distance (the horse is 2 from 4 over 5 furlongs). The horse ran no sort of race last time out under a claimer so the booking of Egan who was on board for the horses last win is a positive. The trainers runners have been going better in recent weeks after a poor start to the season and the price looks too big given the horses strong preference for the trip.

Re: Daily Nap Competition Day 1 31st May 2015 3.30 Fakenham: Benefit Cut 3/1 Skybet/Coral Only one jump meeting and it looks like a favourites day to me. The best bet on the card is Benefit Cut in the handicap chase. The handicapper has given him a real chance by dropping him 5lbs after a fair effort last time out behind Bears Affair. His run at Cheltenham behind Anay Turge was even better and that gives him a very good chance in this company. Freckle Face could go well at bigger odds but unseated last time and pulled up on his only previous run here so i'd want at least 12/1 to get tempted.

Re: Daily Nap Competition Day 1 31st May 2015 16.15 Nottingham Celestial Fire - Win @ 40\1 Bet365 Going for this one which has a decent miler's pedigree. Sired by Medicean who who a group 1 over a mile (Lockinge Stakes) and out of a Green Desert Mare the unraced Celeste. Makes her race course debut today.

Re: Daily Nap Competition Day 1 31st May 2015 2.45 nott Teenage Dream win 25/1 bet365 Appears to be on a good mark returned to the flat having run well enough over the winter over the sticks , stays this trip on flat imo and think it might belie its price , was going for midnight Destiny but dont like to intentionally copy naps lol

Re: Daily Nap Competition Day 1 31st May 2015 15:45 Nottingham 1 pt win Borderlescott 14/1 BOG Ladbrokes The 13 year old veteran is on a decent mark and is still competitive over 5 furlongs and has been runner up in 2 of his last 3 starts and could go one better today.

Re: Daily Nap Competition Day 1 31st May 2015 4.15 nottingham lovely surprise has very solid place claims on limited bare form, but does need to find a little with the odds on favourite in this. however, i just feel theres quite a bit more to come from ls and this track and ground combined could suit her a shade better. i also feel the race will be run to suit and therefore i find it hard to split ls and the odds on favourite. the unexposed nature could throw up a surprise or two, but at current odds ls looks well worth a bet. 1pt win 11/2 bet365 bog