** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

French Open 2015

Re: French Open 2015 WAW what a player! Can he win the tournament? Why not is my simple answer/ Who plays better than him? But i am not willing to waste energy at the moment, hunting the winner. We have time to discuss it I prepare a SUPER tip for tomorrow! I have WATCHED both involved players in the tip! See you tomorrow with the money printer! :cigar

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: French Open 2015 Marin Cilic vs David Ferrer over 37.5 games 4/5 paddy power I can see this going to five sets as there are not much between these two Cilic has had it quite easy in the early rounds but he know he has to play his best just beat his opponent Flavia Pennetta vs Garbine Murguruza over 20.5 games 8/11 paddy power This is going to be a battle between the experienced Pennetta and her up and coming opponent who is going to be a top player so expect this to be tight

Re: French Open 2015 Jeremy Chardy (+2.5 sets) to beat Andy Murray @ 2.170 Pinnacle (3 pts) I'm not sure I trust Chardy to cover the game line, but I definitely think he can win a set. He's got a little bit of fire in his belly as he was unhappy with Murray for withdrawing from the Rome Masters after beating him, and he's had good results so far at this tournament. Beating Isner is no mean feat and the way he dealt with Goffin isn't to be sneezed at, even if the Belgian was below par. Those results suggest to me that the Frenchman is concentrating on his tennis and trying to play consistently, and he's certainly talented enough to cause Murray problems here if he can hold himself together. Murray dropped a set against Sousa a couple of rounds ago, and as I rate Chardy above the Portuguese I like the look of the set line at this price. Jack Sock (+2.5 sets) to beat Rafael Nadal @ 2.650 Pinnacle (3 pts) I don't like the game line in this one because I suspect Nadal's experience will wear Sock down, which might mean that the Spaniard pulls away towards the end of the match. However, if Sock plays as well as he did against Coric then he just might be the first player to take Nadal past three sets at this tournament. The American will probably need to make a fast start, and it could be that his best chance of taking a set will be in a tie-break. If he serves well then I think there might be a tie-break in one of the first two sets, where it could go either way. Nadal hasn't been impervious to being broken in his first few matches here either, which might offer Sock another route to a set. From what I've seen of him, he looks as though he has right kind of attitude to take on Nadal and I think that bodes well for this bet. Sloane Stephens (+1.5 sets) to beat Serena Williams @ 2.710 Pinnacle (3 pts) Stephens has played well at this tournament, and of all the Grand Slams this is the one where she's got her best results. I'd be surprised if she beats Williams here, but with the top seed struggling through every round so far I think Stephens has a chance to take a set. The younger American will need to improve on her showing the last time she played Williams on clay in Madrid recently, but as conditions are different here that might help her. Williams usually gets better the further into a Grand Slam she gets, but based on what we've seen in her first few matches that's far from guaranteed in my opinion and if Stephens brings her best tennis to the court she can join Friedsam and Azarenka in taking Williams to three sets.

Re: French Open 2015 I will choose the set handicap +2.5 sets for Sock and set handicap +1.5 sets for Stephens. (Some folks have analyzed so I will not reiterate) Another choice for me today is the set handicap +2.5 sets for Richard Gasquet at 3.49 with Pinnacle Gasquet is a much tougher opponent for Djokovic than the previous rounds. I would say the performance so far from the world number one is good, but not his best according to Djoko's standards. So the odd here is just too attractive for me.

Re: French Open 2015 Hello folks! Today i have a special tip! Actually, and after surfing the net, i discovered that i am the only one with the following tip. Everybody on the net are AGAINST me! Cilic to beat Ferrer @3.25 offered by bet365 Confidence is 10/10 First of all, i have to inform everybody that i watched the latest match of both. It was the Cilic/Mayer and Ferrer/Bolelli. Cilic was extraordinaly. His game was, and will continue to be a cataclysmic one! He was hitting like crazy but accurately! Not only that! He was moving often to the net with great success!. HE was transforming clay to grass occasionally! This factor, to move to the net early in the games- after 2-3 shots- will be crucial in my opinion. These specific tactics of hitting powerfully and then moving to the net, KILLS the points, but at the same time KILLS all Ferrer's dreams and ambitions! I predict that Ferrer will become frustrated and unable to react efficiently! Ferrer was boring as never before against Bolelli. I think he is near to reduce the amount of victories. He is NOT a grand slam winner, and he will NEVER be Cilic is an established GS winner! The clay factor is not favouring Ferrer in this specific match-up. What factor would proved the deciding one, is the powerful and killing net game of Cilic ciao! com' on money printer! Please work today! :notworthy :notworthy

Re: French Open 2015 ATP: Novak Djokovic- Richard Gasquet The French players have upped their game this year and Richard Gasquet will be further buoyed by the performances of Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Gael Monfils yesterday and whilst his task is the toughest of all, will surely want to at least push the world number one a little further than he has been so far. Having said that, Novak's has won his last five sets 6-4 and has appeared at times to be happy to not overly force things once he has his nose in front, with Nadal and Ferrer/Murray on his side of the draw, that is perhaps understandable.My thinking is that if Gilles Muller and Thanasi Kokkinakis can take four games off Djoko then a pumped up Gasquet, in his best form for some time, can do likewise and perhaps better. The pair have met twice before on clay, the Frenchman took a set in the first and ten games in their meeting here in 2011, we need him to go at least one and hopefully two games better today. He is in much better form this season, won on clay in Estoril and took nine games ( two sets) from David Ferrer in Rome, he has a devastating backhand, quite possibly the best one handed topspin backhand of all time and no one with that shot in his armoury should be written off even against the best player on the planet and I am rather keen on ............. "over" 29 games 1.96 Pinnacle Sports/Sportmarket Pro.

Re: French Open 2015

Alizé Cornet for me today. She's doing well enough to win against Elina Svitolina and it does'nt hurt that she's beaten her twice before in 2013. Based on my observations of Jack Sock with his heavy groundstrokes, serve and forehand I also think Jack Sock can beat Rafael Nadal so... Alizé Cornet to beat Elina Svitolina 2.10 @ bet365 Jack Sock to beat Rafael Nadal 11.00 @ bet365 Edit: Sock 12.00 @ pinnacle and Cornet 2.19 @ pinnacle
I don't understand how I can be so stupid :wall

Re: French Open 2015 Back Stanislas Wawrinka to beat Roger Federer for a 7/10 stake at 3.00 with Bwin Back Kei Nishikori (-4.5) to beat Jo-Wilfried Tsonga for a 8/10 stake at 1.74 with 10Bet Can't see an upset in the Nishikori-Tsonga match, there is a decent gap between the two at the moment and the 5-1 record Nishikori has against the Frenchman says it all. Meanwhile, I'd say that Wawrinka has a good chance to upset Federer if he plays like he did against Simon. Wouldn't have him above 2.62 really. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/french-open-betting-a-swiss-man-guaranteed-to-be-in-the-semis

Back Stanislas Wawrinka to beat Roger Federer for a 7/10 stake at 3.00 with Bwin Back Kei Nishikori (-4.5) to beat Jo-Wilfried Tsonga for a 8/10 stake at 1.74 with 10Bet Can't see an upset in the Nishikori-Tsonga match, there is a decent gap between the two at the moment and the 5-1 record Nishikori has against the Frenchman says it all. Meanwhile, I'd say that Wawrinka has a good chance to upset Federer if he plays like he did against Simon. Wouldn't have him above 2.62 really. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/french-open-betting-a-swiss-man-guaranteed-to-be-in-the-semis
Really like both those bets,gonna follow them in a double actually. Federer playing 4 sets today also with Waw with a days rest.

Really like both those bets' date='gonna follow them in a double actually. Federer playing 4 sets today also with Waw with a days rest.[/quote'] Federer actually played just two today, but it could be a factor if things get tight.

Federer actually played just two today' date=' but it could be a factor if things get tight.[/quote'] Of course,your right,my bad. Forgot about that. But still,he doesn't like long rallies or matches so it won't favour him playing two days in a row.

Re: French Open 2015 Nothing for me in any of the matches tomorrow, but I am going to go back into one of the outright markets. Garbine Muguruza to win the French Open @ 9.4 Betfair (1 pt) Williams looks well off the pace right now even though she keeps winning her matches, and whilst she might be able to continue in that vein all the way to the title I can't back a player that looks so shaky at such a short price. A player that does interest me though is Muguruza, who made the last eight here last year. The young Spaniard has repeated that performance this time around, and her straight sets win over Pennetta was particularly impressive in my opinion. I think she has a good chance of beating Safarova in the next round, as there will be pressure on the Czech to back up her performance against Sharapova and that can be hard to deal with. After that it could be Ivanovic in the last four, and I'd be happy to back a quarter-finalist from last year over a winner from 7 years ago who has done very little at this tournament since. If Muguruza makes the final then most likely she would face Williams, who she beat at this tournament last year and if Williams continues to struggle and gets knocked out before the final then I favour Muguruza over the other players in the top half of the draw right now.

Re: French Open 2015 Quarter Final betting : Kei Nishikori vs Jo Wilfried Tsonga over 37.5 games 4/5 paddy power There are some great matches on tomorrow and this could be one of them Nishikori looks so confident on this surface he has defintely got a chance of at least reaching the final while his opponent had a great win against Berdych and looks like he is back to his best So i think it may go to four sets and maybe five Stanislas Wawrinka vs Roger Federer over 38.5 games 8/11 paddy power Iam so looking forward to this match as it could be a classic Federer is going to have his toughest match yet I expect Federer to lose at least set and the other sets to be tight with not many breaks of serve Djokovic vs Nadal over 38.5 games 10/11 paddy power This match could be the match of the tournament as the two heavyweights battle out as one these will probably win the French so there is so much riding on it I will b e very close but if Djokovic play his best he will just edge it Ana Ivanovic vs Elisa Svitolina over 21.5 games evens paddy power An interesting match as these two are capable of winning this title but maybe will come up short against Serena Ivanovic has won a grand slam before so has the experience against this young tough player who looks like to have a bright future so expect a tight first set and maybe Ivanovic to win the second and win and dont be surprised if goes to a third set Special bets : Name the finalists Roger Federer vs Rafael Nadal 11/1 sky bet Kei Nishikori vs Rafael Nadal 10/ 1 sky bet Stanislas Wawrinka vs Rafael Nadal 18/1 sky bet Great odds for this to happen but Nadal has to win his match on Wednesday also if Nishikori gets through against Tsonga he will probably face Federer or Wawrinka Garbine Muguruza vs Timea Bacsinszky 14/1 sky bet Elina Svitolina vs Timea Bacsinszky 28/1 sky bet I have got a feeling that Serena might not reach the final so any of others have got chance of winning this

Re: French Open 2015 To locate a winner in a tennis match, it is like to solve conspiracy theories of " who are behind money" Anyway, my Cilic theory proved muggy theory Today i have my LAST chance to survive in Roland Garros Theory number 1. WAW to beat Federer @2.90 offered by tipico I changed bookie, and now i am back to my favorite bookie Tipico, which i rate as the best in the net.:ok WAW is in equal form of 2014 Aussie open. I dont want to repeat arguments i posted earlier Federer continue to win average players like Monfils, and i never change my opinion about who is Monfils Federer actually plays with his tennis attitude which is enough to beat the majority of ATP, but is IMPOSSIBLE to do that against giants as WAW looks at the moment 10/10 bet. If i lose this one, i am off roland garros, and i may return during wimbledon. Good chance to get rid of me, but i wish to stay more:lol:ok Theory number 2 Muguruza to beat Safarova @1.95 offered by Tipico Please read my previous comments about Mugu, i rate her as the probable dark horse in womens tournament Safarova won over heavily overestimated by bookies and punters Sharapova. Mothing to impress me ciao C'MON money printer, please work today:notworthy Otherwise they will gonna get rid of me, and i dont want to give them such a pleasure! :cigar

Re: French Open 2015 Ana Ivanovic-Elina Svitolina Briefly, Elina SVitolina has plenty of potential and there is a lot to like about her game, but we speak often about grand slams being a learning curve and most players have to make a quarter before (later in their career) a semi and so on, this is the 20 yo Ukranian's first last eight appearance in a slam and she was plenty nervous enough at the business end of her match with Alize Cornet and I suspect her knees might be knocking just a little even before the start of this one. Ana Ivanovic could be a little anxious too, in her first QF @ Roland Garros since she won the title in 2008. However, I saw an interview with her after her last win and she seemed very relaxed , comfortable and at pace with herself and life, the Serbian will be delighted with how her half of the draw has opened up and if she had to hand pick an opponent at this stage, Svitolina who is a mini me version of Ivanovic in some respects, would be near the top of the list. The pair have met six times before, all in the last 30 months and Ivanovic has dropped just a single set, including winning 7-5, 6-2 here last year and also in Madrid very recently. In the previous meeting at RG, Svitolina hit very few winners and has really struggled with her second serve in all six meetings, with Ivanovic having a very good read and seeing it like a basketball ! Ana in two. Ana Ivanovic to win 2-0 in sets 2.10-2.15 general quote...........2.15 Pinnacle Sports/Sportmarket Pro.

Re: French Open 2015 Ana Ivanovic to win Roland Garros 2015 stake : 10/10 @9 with Titanbet of course Serena is the favorite in this tournament but she is not playing well for her level. She is making too much unforced errors.She has already lost 3 sets in this tournament.Also ; clay is not her favorite surface.In addition to this she didn't get the best results on clay tournaments this season.So , i believe Ivanovic can win the tournament.

Re: French Open 2015 Back David Ferrer (+3.5) to beat Andy Murray for a 5/10 stake at 1.91 with Unibet Back Novak Djokovic (-4.5) to beat Rafael Nadal for a 7/10 stake at 1.80 with Bet365 Not much to be added about Djokovic, those who've been following me recently know what I think about Nadal's chances in that one. Murray has a 0-4 record against Ferrer on clay and what I saw from him yesterday didn't convince me a bit - if the same Murray shows up tomorrow, he'll be in a lot of trouble. Should be intriguing to watch in any case, I'll just add a small handicap bet on Ferrer to the bet I've already had on him to win the quarter. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/french-open-betting-djokovic-faces-nadal-as-murray-battles-ferrer

Re: French Open 2015 WWA oeoooooeeoooooo I am survivor! My 10/10 bet on WAW won! Despite Fed's great resistance! Fed was really good! WAW was another planet! Guys, about Mugu, I am sure that you are everybody very talented punters. I noticed that Safarova was suberb and devil playing! I placed her to win the second set together with WAW again! My profit is HUGE today, therefore i am glad to announce that i continue to play at Roland Garros clay courts! I have the next super tip! This is gonna be my 11/10 tip! Meaning that i will place all my money plus a loan from bank! details to arrive soon stay tuned!:beer ciao!

Back David Ferrer (+3.5) to beat Andy Murray for a 5/10 stake at 1.91 with Unibet Back Novak Djokovic (-4.5) to beat Rafael Nadal for a 7/10 stake at 1.80 with Bet365 Not much to be added about Djokovic, those who've been following me recently know what I think about Nadal's chances in that one. Murray has a 0-4 record against Ferrer on clay and what I saw from him yesterday didn't convince me a bit - if the same Murray shows up tomorrow, he'll be in a lot of trouble. Should be intriguing to watch in any case, I'll just add a small handicap bet on Ferrer to the bet I've already had on him to win the quarter. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/french-open-betting-djokovic-faces-nadal-as-murray-battles-ferrer
I think I agree with you concerning your point on murray/ferrer. I watched the whole of murray/chardy and still can not understand how Chardy lost 3-1. The match was on his racquet with his execution and belief left behind in the hotel room. If you are leaning towards Ferrer, then i think 3.5 will not seem the most appropriate bet especially in a 5 set match. Better to take the win in this situation as opposed to anything under 4.5games. The significance is the same when comparing over 21.5 to over 22.5. You discover that there is a gulf between the 2 despite the 1 game difference. Just a thought!!!

Undeserved victory for Tsonga over Nishikori. Only consolation is it should give us some easy semi-final money when he takes on Wawrinka as Stan will destroy the Frenchman.
You just might be giving less credit than is due to the frenchman perhaps because he messed up your bet. If his victory over Nishikori does not open your eyes, I do not know what else will. The man is on a roll, he is home and has a slightly better h2h record than Stan the man in their clay head to head....and you talk of destroy?? Such a lop-sided comment can have the effect of throwing punters off guard just like that. Even against any of the top 2, Tsonga will be hard to dislodge!

Re: French Open 2015 Rafa 66-1 or 67-1 record in Paris... its so ridiculous I can't even remember how many it is! At the odds available at all major bookies and exchange (over 2/1) it is simply too much and I have to get involved. I don't care about form coming into this tournament... look at Tsonga and look at Ivanovic in the womens... it don't mean that much. I'm on Nadal BIG TIME!

Re: French Open 2015 Sara Errani (+1.5 sets) to beat Serena Williams @ 3.250 Pinnacle (2 pts) Sara Errani (+6.5 games) to beat Serena Williams @ 2.050 Pinnacle (3 pts) Based on what I've seen of Williams so far at this tournament, I have to oppose her at these prices against a player who made the final here only a few years ago. Admittedly there is risk in both of these bets as it's possible that Williams will overpower Errani and cover both of these lines, but given that they met earlier in the season on clay and it went to three sets I think it's a risk worth taking. One thing Errani won't be lacking is endeavour, and if Williams is as lacklustre as she was in the early stages of the last round against Stephens then the diminutive Italian might be able to build a platform to create a shock here.

Re: French Open 2015 Quarter Final matches : Enhanced Accumulator : Djokovic to win 3-1 and Murray to win 3-2 25/1 sky bet Andy Murray vs David Ferrer Over 38.5 games 4/5 paddy power Murray to win 3-1 11/4 paddy power We have seen a different Murray this season as he seems to playing better on this surface and is coming into this match in form while Ferrer loves this surface he has not been tested yet and i think Murray will give him his toughest match of this tournament Djokovic vs Nadal Djokovic to win 3-1 11/4 paddy power Well we can safely say that this is a match Djokovic his favourite to win i know we must not underestimate his opponent especially on clay but Djokovic is playing his best tennis in years and looks like he should win the French this year but he only needs to get through against the best clay court player of all time Timea Bacsinszky vs Alison Van Uytvanck Over 19.5 games 8/11 paddy power Bacsinszky to win 2-1 14/5 paddy power This match can go either way and it would not surprise me if it went to a third set Both will be desperate to win and maybe the more experienced player will go through Serena Williams vs Sara Errani Serena to win 7.5 games handicap 15/8 paddy power or 8.5 games 4/1 paddy power I think Serna loves playing Errani has her groundstrokes seem to hurt her and when she gets the ball back Serena just hits them for a winner nearly everytime so i would be very surprised if Serena does wins this match and wins it easily but Serena will still have to be on top of her game as Errani when playing well can be dangerous Special bets Name the Finalists : Djokovic vs Wawrinka 15/8 sky bet Ana Ivanovic vs Serena Williams 7/4 sky bet Ana Ivanovic vs Timea Bacsinszky 9/1 sky bet Straight Forecast : Djokovic to beat Wawrinka 15/8 sky bet I think one these bets might just happen as Djokovic and Wawrinka look like they are two best players playing at the moment I know Nadal might just win but you have to back these two The other two bets could happen but Ivanovic will have to beat an in form Safarova and Serena will have to lose to Bacsinszky who has to win her Quarter final first

Re: French Open 2015 1. Serena V.S. Errani : Errani +6.5 games at 2.07 with Pinnacle The H2H is 8:0 but their matches are getting closer. Errani took one set last time. And in Rome 2014 Errani was 3:3 at the first set but then injured, ended up with 3:6, 0:6.Given Serena is not at her best, Errani should cover the handicap line easily. 2. Bascinsky V.S. Van Uytvanck : Van Uytvanck +5 games at 2.02 with Pinnacle Bascinsky deserves to be the favorite but I think she will face more pressure than her opponent because everyone feels she should win. Actually she was very nervous at the first set against Kvitova but the crazy UEs from Kvitova saved her. I just don’t think she can crush her opponent. 3. Mirza/Hingis V.S. Sands/Safarova : Mirza/Hingis to win at 1.6 with Pinnacle Not sure Safarova will give her best today. Now she has the chance of a lifetime in singles, so maybe just for practice today.

Re: French Open 2015 No BET day for me But my two cents are that Nadal is massively underestimated by everybody The guy lives and breaths for this match. In my opinion he also gained form. Plus the fact that he might be look as a player from the past again! I wouldnt place a single cent on Djokovic at that low price! Jesus christ is Nadal there! And Nadal is NOT a veteran like Federer is! Anyway, personally i am out of any betting today, i prefer to make a day excursion to other town My original GRAND SLAM idea is Safarova to lift the trophy! We are lucky because SERENA is still there! I dont fancy what i see from Serena. She is the FEMALE Federer in my opinion. She wins and wins because of her tennis attitude, and because opponents were afraid of her so far! Safarova is an absolutely devil minded in this tournament! Astonishing form and brilliant mind game against everybody. She poisons the brain of the opponents! We might not see her again for long time! We know, most of women are comets! They arrive all of a sudden in one tournament, and then god only knows if they return! But here Safarova plays extraordinary game, both physically and brainly I expect her to cruise over Ivanovic, a lady from Serbia which i rate as the worse version of Sharapova. Chaotic game which includes double faults, silly unforced errors together with some great shots on target! Safarova to lift the trophy @6 ciao! :drums