** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

French Open 2015

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: French Open 2015

Jo Wilfried Tsonga vs Stanislas Wawrinka over 39.5 games 10/11 paddy power :) Wawrinka to 3-1 11/4 paddy power :) Wawrinka to win and both players to win a set 5/4 paddy power :) Wawrinka to win the match and has more aces and less Double faults 9/2 sky bet Tie break in first set 5/2 sky bet I think most people are going to think that Wawrinka will win in straight sets but Tsonga will have to play in front of a French crowd i think he might just play his best tennis the crowd will be on Tsongas side and this might effect Wawrinka but if Wawrinka plays his best he should come through easily as playing in front his crowd might just affect him at the crucial points also they maybe a Tie break in the match
Another bet came through me again I seem to do well when there are not many matches left

Re: French Open 2015 Womens Singles Final : Serena Williams vs Luice Safarova Over 21.5 games 10/11 paddy power Serena to win 2-1 3/1 paddy power Serena not to have service broken in the match 9/2 sky bet Tie break in the match 11/4 sky bet Total aces in the match 12.5 8/11 sky bet In the semi final Serena seemed to be struggling in the first set as she was ill and this could affect her against a tough player who has had an impressive run to reach her first Grand Slam final i dont know how her nerves will be but she needs to get off to a good start as Serena is vulnerable at the start of matches Mens Doubles Final : Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan vs Ivan Dodig and Marcelo Melo Over 21.5 games evens paddy power Bryan and Bryan to win 2-1 11/4 paddy power I think this is the final we all want to see as these two meet again in a major final it has always been close beetween these two doubles teams and i feel this will go all the way again The Bryan brothers are favourites but they are not as good as they once were and their opponents can take full advantage

You can already get at least 5.5 on Wawrinka so presumably you're all over that? I disagree that anything over 4.0 is worth a bet. Stan has been immense this fortnight but he won't trouble Djokovic.
Last four Grand Slam meetings between these two have taken five sets to complete. Wawrinka is playing on one of his favourite surfaces(on clay) & you think he won't trouble Djokovic? Why?

Re: French Open 2015 Back N.Djokovic/S.Wawrinka - Over 3.5 sets for a 8/10 stake at 2.10 with Paddy Power Djokovic a massive favourite, but, at odds against, I'm more than happy to go for the overs here. All of their recent Grand Slams meetings have been epics and Wawrinka is certainly playing well enough right now, so I'd say that this won't be completely lopsided. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/french-open-betting-novak-djokovic-takes-on-stanislas-wawrinka-in-the-finals

Re: French Open 2015 A lot of strange things happened today Serena was suffering sickness in previous days. Patrick Mouratoglou- her coach- announced just few hours before the start, that Serena definitely is not @100% ready The lioness was wounded. We witnessed the half Serena. And Lucie looking so pathetic and playing so bad....Serena was hitting winners like an ATP star, but he was officially "wounded".....SERENA was just walking on the court! Lucie was miserable in taking decisions I dont know guys. I am confused. Serena is big enigma for me. I dont know what to think. Even wounded, even half capacity, even just walking, she trashed Lucie in third set.... I am suspicious. It is not the first time that i lost a 10/10 stakes. Today i feel really sad and frustrated. Lucie was below expectations. She was a shadow of player. PERHAPS she paid the penalty to go so deep in doubles. She probably wasted energy playing there so many matches. Doubles are nonsense. She should know this. Personally i never watched any double match in my life....Bad, bad tactics by Lucie to stay so deep in doubles tournament... Have a nice weekend everybody Perhaps i will return for the wimbledon but only if i have available budget Congratulations to Serena, because even wounded, she is unbeatable in WTA tour. She is invisible for all wta, and she may continue till the age of 40... Congratulations to Lucie too, because she offered some extraordinary feelings to me I lost money, but money is nothing. Other are the values in this life, not the money ciao! :clap.

Womens Singles Final : Serena Williams vs Luice Safarova Over 21.5 games 10/11 paddy power :) Serena to win 2-1 3/1 paddy power :) Serena not to have service broken in the match 9/2 sky bet Tie break in the match 11/4 sky bet :) Total aces in the match 12.5 8/11 sky bet :) In the semi final Serena seemed to be struggling in the first set as she was ill and this could affect her against a tough player who has had an impressive run to reach her first Grand Slam final i dont know how her nerves will be but she needs to get off to a good start as Serena is vulnerable at the start of matches Mens Doubles Final : Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan vs Ivan Dodig and Marcelo Melo Over 21.5 games evens paddy power :) Bryan and Bryan to win 2-1 11/4 paddy power I think this is the final we all want to see as these two meet again in a major final it has always been close beetween these two doubles teams and i feel this will go all the way again The Bryan brothers are favourites but they are not as good as they once were and their opponents can take full advantage
How do i do it Is it luck or skill

Re: French Open 2015 Stan Wawrinka (+2.5 sets) to beat Novak Djokovic @ 1.751 Pinnacle (4 pts) Stan Wawrinka (+7 games) to beat Novak Djokovic @ 1.917 Pinnacle (4 pts) Whilst Djokovic and Murray were slugging it out for a place in the final, Wawrinka had his feet up after disposing of Tsonga the day before. How much of an advantage that might give the Swiss is anyone's guess due to Djokovic's recuperative powers, but at the very least it should improve his chances of taking a set. In Grand Slams Djokovic has tended to find it difficult to dominate Wawrinka, and the Serb looked rather suspect at times in the longer rallies against Murray and there should be plenty of those here and on a surface that Wawrinka rates as his favourite and that he is arguably at his best on. There's a lot of pressure on Djokovic to add the French Open to his other Grand Slams, and if that pressure tells then Wawrinka is playing well enough to push him all the way in this one. These two have played out marathon matches in the past, and I see no reason why it will be any different this time.

Re: French Open 2015 Mens Singles Final : Djokovic vs Wawrinka over 34.5 games 4/5 paddy power Djokovic to win 3-2 5/1 paddy power Tie Break in the match 4/5 sky bet Double faults handicap Wawrinka 3.5 10/11 sky bet Wawrinka to win the match serve more aces and less double faults 25/1 sky bet Either player to a lose a set and win the match 3/1 paddy power Tie break in the first set 3/1 sky bet Match to go to five sets 4/1 sky bet This might be an absolute classic or it maybe a straight sets win for Djokovic as we dont know which Wawrinka will turn up But im hoping for a fresh Wawrinka who will on top of his game who is playing great this year and in this years tournament i do fancy this to go to five sets as Djokovic has played a long match in the semi finals and has not had much time to recover Womes Doubles Final : Mattek Sands and Safarova vs Dellacqua and Shvedova over 21.5 games 8/11 paddy power Mattek Sands and Safarova to win 2-1 3/1 paddy power I fancy the favourites to win this as Safarova will be desperate to win this after her loss in the final It will be close just as the Mens Doubles match was

You can already get at least 5.5 on Wawrinka so presumably you're all over that? I disagree that anything over 4.0 is worth a bet. Stan has been immense this fortnight but he won't trouble Djokovic.
I'm not saying Wawrinka won't trouble Djokovic - he might, he might not - I'm saying he won't beat him enough times to make the odds for the Wawrinka win profitable. Murray pushed Djokovic to five sets, so you could probably say he troubled Djokovic but the scoreline flattered Murray and he still wouldn't actually complete the victory enough times to make that bet profitable. So yeah, if you think the odds on Wawrinka are on the long side, you'd be better doing what another poster has suggested and back Wawrinka to win a set or back the game handicap, because he will win those bets far more often relatively speaking than he will win the match. Djokovic isn't that invincible sometimes in terms of winning matches 2-0 or 3-0 but he is very good at getting over the line, as shown by his remarkable winning run at Grand Slams, Tour Finals and Masters 1000s - possibly the best run of all time?
I dont think you know what your saying tbh ;) Im in for a small wager on wawrinka in this one I dont think he'll win but I think he can win. Andy showed he can be taken the full distance and stan, as long as he keeps his head can take him to 5.

Mens Singles Final : Djokovic vs Wawrinka Either player to a lose a set and win the match 3/1 paddy power
I believe that bet's either player to lose the first set and win the match! As little as I know about tennis, 3/1 seemed an astonishing price for the bet as stated and I rushed off to back it! The prices they offer for either player to win but drop a set are 11/8 Djokovic and 11/2 Wawrinka which dutches to 1.74. Best of luck with your bets. I am persuaded to the view that Wawrinka can put up a decent fight and have bought total games at 37 and backed the match to go to 5 sets at the 11/2 price boost skybet offered.

I believe that bet's either player to lose the first set and win the match! As little as I know about tennis, 3/1 seemed an astonishing price for the bet as stated and I rushed off to back it! The prices they offer for either player to win but drop a set are 11/8 Djokovic and 11/2 Wawrinka which dutches to 1.74. Best of luck with your bets. I am persuaded to the view that Wawrinka can put up a decent fight and have bought total games at 37 and backed the match to go to 5 sets at the 11/2 price boost skybet offered.
Looks like the bet came through for us Get in

Back N.Djokovic/S.Wawrinka - Over 3.5 sets for a 8/10 stake at 2.10 with Paddy Power Djokovic a massive favourite, but, at odds against, I'm more than happy to go for the overs here. All of their recent Grand Slams meetings have been epics and Wawrinka is certainly playing well enough right now, so I'd say that this won't be completely lopsided. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/french-open-betting-novak-djokovic-takes-on-stanislas-wawrinka-in-the-finals
Well done on that bet Wawrinka was immense

Re: French Open 2015 Here's a summary of what I took at this year's French Open. Rafael Nadal to win the French Open @ 5.8 Betfair (1 pt) -1.00 Lay Andy Murray to win the French Open @ 11.5 Betfair (5 pts) +0.45 Maria Sharapova to win the French Open @ 5.390 Pinnacle (1 pt) -1.00 Lay Petra Kvitova to win the French Open @ 12 Betfair (5 pts) +0.43 Roger Federer (-2.5 sets) to beat Alejandro Falla @ 1.307 Pinnacle (5 pts) +1.535 Kaia Kanepi (+1.5 sets) to beat Maria Sharapova @ 3.640 Pinnacle (2 pts) -2.00 Kaia Kanepi (+6.5 games) to beat Maria Sharapova @ 2.000 Pinnacle (3 pts) +3.000 David Ferrer (-11 games) to beat Lukas Lacko @ 1.806 Pinnacle (4 pts) +3.224 Rafael Nadal (-11.5 games) to beat Quentin Halys @ 1.833 Pinnacle (4 pts) -4.00 Thomaz Bellucci (+2.5 sets) to beat Kei Nishikori @ 1.952 Pinnacle (4 pts) -4.00 Samantha Stosur (-6.5 games) to beat Amandine Hesse @ 1.934 Pinnacle (4 pts) +3.736 Carla Suarez Navarro (-6.5 games) to beat Virginie Razzano @ 1.813 Pinnacle (4 pts) Rafael Nadal (-2.5 sets) to beat Nicolas Almagro @ 1.714 Pinnacle (4 pts) +2.856 Rafael Nadal (-7 games) to beat Nicolas Almagro @ 1.877 Pinnacle (4 pts) +3.508 Svetlana Kuznetsova (-6 games) to beat Francesca Schiavone @ 1.892 Pinnacle (4 pts) -4.00 Roger Federer (-2.5 sets) to beat Damir Dzumhur @ 1.242 Pinnacle (5 pts) +1.210 Nick Kyrgios (+2.5 sets) to beat Andy Murray @ 1.961 Pinnacle (4 pts) -4.00 Novak Djokovic (-2.5 sets) to beat Thanasi Kokkinakis @ 1.273 Pinnacle (5 pts) +1.365 Rafael Nadal (-2.5 sets) to beat Andrey Kuznetsov @ 1.270 Pinnacle (5 pts) +1.350 Jeremy Chardy (+2.5 sets) to beat Andy Murray @ 2.170 Pinnacle (3 pts) +3.510 Jack Sock (+2.5 sets) to beat Rafael Nadal @ 2.650 Pinnacle (3 pts) +4.950 Sloane Stephens (+1.5 sets) to beat Serena Williams @ 2.710 Pinnacle (3 pts) +5.130 Garbine Muguruza to win the French Open @ 9.4 Betfair (1 pt) -1.00 Sara Errani (+1.5 sets) to beat Serena Williams @ 3.250 Pinnacle (2 pts) -2.00 Sara Errani (+6.5 games) to beat Serena Williams @ 2.050 Pinnacle (3 pts) -3.00 Timea Bacsinszky (+1.5 sets) to beat Serena Williams @ 2.580 Pinnacle (3 pts) +4.740 Timea Bacsinszky (+5.5 games) to beat Serena Williams @ 1.847 Pinnacle (4 pts) -4.00 Stan Wawrinka (+2.5 sets) to beat Novak Djokovic @ 1.751 Pinnacle (4 pts) +3.004 Stan Wawrinka (+7 games) to beat Novak Djokovic @ 1.917 Pinnacle (4 pts) +3.668 If I've got my sums right, I make it +17.666 for the tournament which sees me at +8.856 for the season. Fingers crossed for something similar on the grass. :ok

Eh? Nadal got easily beat by Djokovic last Round & Murray beat both Nishikori & Nadal with ease at the Madrid Masters. I agree with you about Wawrinka. 5.9 odds on Murray was way overpriced today on current form etc. If Djokovic wins tomorrow then anything over 4.0 odds on Wawrinka will be worth a bet in Sunday's Final
Nice one pensionr, hope you were on for a lot, Ive gotten a few beers outta that today! on to wimbledon! :D

Mens Singles Final : Djokovic vs Wawrinka over 34.5 games 4/5 paddy power :) Djokovic to win 3-2 5/1 paddy power Tie Break in the match 4/5 sky bet Double faults handicap Wawrinka 3.5 10/11 sky bet Wawrinka to win the match serve more aces and less double faults 25/1 sky bet Either player to a lose a set and win the match 3/1 paddy power :) Tie break in the first set 3/1 sky bet Match to go to five sets 4/1 sky bet This might be an absolute classic or it maybe a straight sets win for Djokovic as we dont know which Wawrinka will turn up But im hoping for a fresh Wawrinka who will on top of his game who is playing great this year and in this years tournament i do fancy this to go to five sets as Djokovic has played a long match in the semi finals and has not had much time to recover Womes Doubles Final : Mattek Sands and Safarova vs Dellacqua and Shvedova over 21.5 games 8/11 paddy power :) Mattek Sands and Safarova to win 2-1 3/1 paddy power :) I fancy the favourites to win this as Safarova will be desperate to win this after her loss in the final It will be close just as the Mens Doubles match was
The last weel i have been on fire

Re: French Open 2015 These are my winning bets in the last week

Quarter Final matches : Enhanced Accumulator : Djokovic to win 3-1 and Murray to win 3-2 25/1 sky bet Andy Murray vs David Ferrer Over 38.5 games 4/5 paddy power :) Murray to win 3-1 11/4 paddy power :) We have seen a different Murray this season as he seems to playing better on this surface and is coming into this match in form while Ferrer loves this surface he has not been tested yet and i think Murray will give him his toughest match of this tournament Djokovic vs Nadal Djokovic to win 3-1 11/4 paddy power Well we can safely say that this is a match Djokovic his favourite to win i know we must not underestimate his opponent especially on clay but Djokovic is playing his best tennis in years and looks like he should win the French this year but he only needs to get through against the best clay court player of all time Timea Bacsinszky vs Alison Van Uytvanck Over 19.5 games 8/11 paddy power :) Bacsinszky to win 2-1 14/5 paddy power This match can go either way and it would not surprise me if it went to a third set Both will be desperate to win and maybe the more experienced player will go through Serena Williams vs Sara Errani Serena to win 7.5 games handicap 15/8 paddy power :) or 8.5 games 4/1 paddy power I think Serna loves playing Errani has her groundstrokes seem to hurt her and when she gets the ball back Serena just hits them for a winner nearly everytime so i would be very surprised if Serena does wins this match and wins it easily but Serena will still have to be on top of her game as Errani when playing well can be dangerous Special bets Name the Finalists : Djokovic vs Wawrinka 15/8 sky bet :) Ana Ivanovic vs Serena Williams 7/4 sky bet Ana Ivanovic vs Timea Bacsinszky 9/1 sky bet Straight Forecast : Djokovic to beat Wawrinka 15/8 sky bet I think one these bets might just happen as Djokovic and Wawrinka look like they are two best players playing at the moment I know Nadal might just win but you have to back these two The other two bets could happen but Ivanovic will have to beat an in form Safarova and Serena will have to lose to Bacsinszky who has to win her Quarter final first
Semi Final match : Ana Ivanovic vs Lucie Safarova Over 22.5 games 10/11 paddy power :) Tie Break in the match 11/4 sky bet Well i never predicted this semi final I know thhese two players are capable of playing great tennis but with Ivanovic she can be inconsitent and has never come close to winning another Grand Slam this time though she looks like she is back to her best which is great to see her opponent though has been playing great for the year reacing a couple of Grand Slam semi finals and looks like she could win the French this year so i think this will be an interesting match between these two and i think the first set will be close maybe it will go to a Tie Break
Jo Wilfried Tsonga vs Stanislas Wawrinka over 39.5 games 10/11 paddy power :) Wawrinka to 3-1 11/4 paddy power :) Wawrinka to win and both players to win a set 5/4 paddy power :) Wawrinka to win the match and has more aces and less Double faults 9/2 sky bet Tie break in first set 5/2 sky bet I think most people are going to think that Wawrinka will win in straight sets but Tsonga will have to play in front of a French crowd i think he might just play his best tennis the crowd will be on Tsongas side and this might effect Wawrinka but if Wawrinka plays his best he should come through easily as playing in front his crowd might just affect him at the crucial points also they maybe a Tie break in the match
Womens Singles Final : Serena Williams vs Luice Safarova Over 21.5 games 10/11 paddy power :) Serena to win 2-1 3/1 paddy power :) Serena not to have service broken in the match 9/2 sky bet Tie break in the match 11/4 sky bet :) Total aces in the match 12.5 8/11 sky bet :) In the semi final Serena seemed to be struggling in the first set as she was ill and this could affect her against a tough player who has had an impressive run to reach her first Grand Slam final i dont know how her nerves will be but she needs to get off to a good start as Serena is vulnerable at the start of matches Mens Doubles Final : Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan vs Ivan Dodig and Marcelo Melo Over 21.5 games evens paddy power :) Bryan and Bryan to win 2-1 11/4 paddy power I think this is the final we all want to see as these two meet again in a major final it has always been close beetween these two doubles teams and i feel this will go all the way again The Bryan brothers are favourites but they are not as good as they once were and their opponents can take full advantage
Mens Singles Final : Djokovic vs Wawrinka over 34.5 games 4/5 paddy power :) Djokovic to win 3-2 5/1 paddy power Tie Break in the match 4/5 sky bet Double faults handicap Wawrinka 3.5 10/11 sky bet Wawrinka to win the match serve more aces and less double faults 25/1 sky bet Either player to a lose a set and win the match 3/1 paddy power :) Tie break in the first set 3/1 sky bet Match to go to five sets 4/1 sky bet This might be an absolute classic or it maybe a straight sets win for Djokovic as we dont know which Wawrinka will turn up But im hoping for a fresh Wawrinka who will on top of his game who is playing great this year and in this years tournament i do fancy this to go to five sets as Djokovic has played a long match in the semi finals and has not had much time to recover Womes Doubles Final : Mattek Sands and Safarova vs Dellacqua and Shvedova over 21.5 games 8/11 paddy power :) Mattek Sands and Safarova to win 2-1 3/1 paddy power :) I fancy the favourites to win this as Safarova will be desperate to win this after her loss in the final It will be close just as the Mens Doubles match was
The first week i made a loss but the second week i made a profit Every year it seems to be the same thing