** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

NAP of the day - Sunday 19th April 2015

3.50 Curragh: Gladness Stakes (Group 3) Cracking renewal of the Gladness Stakes with some strong entries from the UK. This is really good to see and one can only applaud the Curragh to be able to attract such a classy field. That says you could easily make a case for plenty of runners n this field - like Sovereign Debt for example, who was unlucky on the All-Weather recently not win and should go well. Versatile Brendan Brackan is usually solid on this level and runs his race. Sruthan is a multiple Group 3 winner over course and distance and his record as a fresh horse gives him a big chance. Lightly raced That Is The Spirit is a 7f Listed winner and may improve as a four year old. The one individual that really catches my eye, though, is clearly Aiden O'Brien's Due Diligence. He's had only six races on the clock so far and developed into an up and coming sprint star last season. A close second behind Slade Power in the Diamond Jubilee Stakes is clearly the outstanding piece of form here. Question marks are obviously race fitness and the trip. The stable form is on the upward recently. After a slow start, Aiden O'Brien's horses start to run a lot better, which was most notably confirmed by a bit winner at the Craven meeting earlier the week. Surely there are be bigger targets ahead for Due Diligence this year, so one would assume that the Gladness Stakes are more like a stepping stone. But it would be a surprise to see him not race fit. It looks that race has been chosen as a starting point with clear intentions. Yes, it is a prep, but it also should prove Due Diligence's stamina. For that he has to be fit. I believe connections are eying the Lockinge Stakes as his big target, as he has an entry and quote for that race. That brings me to the other big question mark: the trip. He was beaten at this only try over 7f last season on seasonal reappearance as well as when still trained over in the US in a Graded race over 8.5f - but on pedigree he should actually be fine, in fact probably improve! He is also a year older now, hopefully more matured. That should help as well. The Gground won't be an issue. He has won in similar conditions last season. On balance I feel 7/2 is an outstanding price and I'm rather be on it than against it in this race, despite it's competitive nature. Anything close to last seasons form will see him winning this race. Due Diligence @ 7/2 Coral

Re: NAP of the day - Sunday 19th April 2015 Winc 3.10 - Miss Tenacious - win at 3/1 bog wm hill 2 mile handicap chase Only 3 runners left now as the firm ground takes it's toll My selection is currently the outsider of the 3 but she does act on good to firm ground and has won here 4 times so is evidently suited by this RH tight track The main doubt is that she normally runs in a grade lower than this but she's not badly handicapped - 4lbs higher than last win which was by just under 4 lengths Front runner- I can see her striding out and testing whether the other two want to let themselves down on the ground.

Re: NAP of the day - Sunday 19th April 2015 S3.30 Sir Lynx 1pt Win 8/1 Boylesports This horse seemed to appreciate the step up in trip when winning last time out and gets a further step up again here. That looked a much improved effort and the horse liked the better ground as well. The horse had been getting outpaced over shorter trips prior to that and obviously lacks a turn of foot to this extra test of stamina should be just about perfect.

Re: NAP of the day - Sunday 19th April 2015 300 Stratford: Freckle Face 10/1 Stan James Ran ok last time out before falling at bangor. Really should be competitive off this mark and is 10lbs lower than last October. Apart from Russbrough who bounced back last time we have plenty of out of form horses in this line up so at 10/1 is worth a nibble.

Re: NAP of the day - Sunday 19th April 2015 3.00 stratford one term is given another chance, as although showing nothing like best form, this is a slight drop in class and he can win this well if back on song. stable in decent form, and no trip and ground worries, so everything in favour today if he wants it. 1pt win 10/1 bet365 bog

Re: NAP of the day - Sunday 19th April 2015 3:50 Curragh - Gladness Stakes (Group 3) Due Diligence was a very good sprinter last year finishing 2nd in a Group 1 behind Slade Power and O'Brien said he'll be trained for all the big sprint races this season in ATR's stable tour. Ryan Moore seems to think he could get the 7f and on breeding he should, however he's disappointed when stepped up from sprint trips before so you're taking the chance on him staying. This race was opened up for 3 year olds last year and stablemate Smuggler's Cove who is on my list to follow has also been declared. He was very impressive in a Listed race at Dundalk giving weight before running in the Dewhurst quite well fancied at 7/2. He completed the last 3f at Dundalk in 33.5s (a slowish surface) which caught the eye of many showing he had some class about him. He found nothing in the Dewhurst despite traveling well so perhaps he was still feeling that Listed race just 7 days earlier. It was a bit of an afterthought so I don't think he was at his best and receiving a massive 13lbs from the field I think he will go well. Yielding ground should be ideal as he probably doesn't want it too quick as he tends to lift his knee a bit. He will improve when upped to a mile but he showed a lot of speed as a 2 year old so 7f looks fine as well. Smugglers Cove - 1pt Win @ 11/1 Skybet