** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Nap of the Day - Thursday 15th January 2015

Re: Nap of the Day - Thursday 15th January 2015 14:05 Wincanton 1pt win Opening Batsman 6/1 (BetVictor) (BOG) Harry Fry's charge has been dropping down the weights and is now 11lbs lower than his last win. The Racing Post state that this far too short but the analytical tools I use have him at 100% (3/3) at the distance. A 50% (2/4) strike rate at the course and the money came for him last time. Obvious dangers from Trackaway and Ultragold but I'll plump for Harry Fry's horse.

Re: Nap of the Day - Thursday 15th January 2015 Ludlow 2.25 - Ballyhollow - win at 11/4 bog Ladbrokes 3 mile mares handicap hurdle I think this should be between Ardnahoe and Ballyhollow They're both front runners but as long as they go sensibly they should burn off the other runners who are either out of form or have stamina doubts Of the two I think my selection has been running in the better races against better horses yet gets in with a lower weight than his rival because she's not been winning. Placed 2nd or 3rd in last 5 runs behind the likes of Ron's Dream who won a good race at Newbury on Wednesday and Tara Mist who was a Listed bumper horse. Ardnahoe has won a maiden and a novice but the horses that she been beating have looked ordinary and have not done much for the form since It's a common dilemma.......a horse that has looked impressive beating inferior animals against a horse who's been beaten by better class opponents. Given that my selection has not been beaten far I'll go with her...........she's also run well here at Ludlow a couple of times

Re: Nap of the Day - Thursday 15th January 2015 5.00 Wolverhampton - Barbs Princess win @ 4/1 PaddyPower Barbs Princess finished 2nd in this race last year in what was a similarly competitive renewal. She is on the same mark as last year and only lost by a head so should be in with a shout if putting in a similar run today. She is usually very consistent and has only been outside the top 3 in 5 of her 13 races. She was poor last time out when finishing seventh in June at Nottingham but there was probably something amiss with her which would explain the absence. The absence is the main concern but she has gone well after a break in the past so could potentially go one better than last year for a trainer that is in decent form after having a winner yesterday.

Re: Nap of the Day - Thursday 15th January 2015 Ludlow 1.55 - Roll The Dice (1pts win, 4/1 BetVictor) Has been running consitantly without winning but hasn't been beaten far and lto effort in a good race at Ludlow behind Gorksy Island he only went down by 3/4 length ad kept on well that day only just missing out and was only beaten 1/4 length the run before by Russe Blanc who ran well yesterday. In good nick and if he matches his previous two runs should be winning soon and today could be the day.

Re: Nap of the Day - Thursday 15th January 2015 1.30 Wincanton: Great Choice 15/8 Paddy Power Good opportunity for Great Choice to get off the mark over hurdles since joining the Pipe's. Won a very useful point to point race in 2013 from Ballybolley and Theatrical Style so obviously has plenty of scope to go chasing down the line and i'm of the opinion he's much better than a 125 horse and won't be running in this grade for much longer. I was at Cheltenham when he was second to Chesterfield last time and looked the winner at one stage, that was better ground thane gets today and to be fair that may suit him better. Anyway he has ran ok on heavy and this track is less testing so i'm happy he will find conditions alright.

Re: Nap of the Day - Thursday 15th January 2015 1.20 Ludlow Fayre Enough 7/2 bet365 Favourite hasn't exactly set the world alight with its two hurdle runs albeit lto was a class 3. Selection brother just a bumper winner didn't win over hurdles but half brother was yards Fair along who was rated in 140s over hurdles so hobbs knows the family and should know it's capabilities. Hobbs can ready them Fto and jock takes a few lbs off.