** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Nap of the day competition wednesday 15th october

corky

Re: Nap of the day competition wednesday 15th october Nottm 4.55 - Pea Shooter (1pts win, 14/1 Bet365) Had been in good form up to last run at Ayr when well beaten but had a poor draw that day so the run is excusable. Only has a handful of runs on soft ground though so not been tested on it too much and as long as he handles it okay could bounce back here.

Re: Nap of the day competition wednesday 15th october N4.20 Art Scholar e/w 14/1 Bet365 This horse has been falling rapidly down the handicap and the general consensus is that it's out of form and getting a bit long in the tooth, but in truth it hasn't been racing on really soft ground which it needs so it's of real interest now on heavy ground. Indeed the horses only placed effort in the last year was the only time it had raced on soft ground so there is a direct correlation. Throw in a lower handicap mark, a decent jockey booking and it being the only c&d winner in the field and it looks like it could be a major player here

Re: Nap of the day competition wednesday 15th october 2.30 LINGFIELD (Class 5 - 7f Maiden Stakes) CLASSIC COLLECTION @11/10 (BETVICTOR #BOG) I really like this selection for several reasons. First this 2yo colt had an entry in yesterday's maiden on heavy at Leicester but didn't show up despite he got a second at the track under the same weather back in May so it's pretty clear his trainer thinks he can do even better today on the AW. Second his form (RPR of 77 on debut with an hands and heels only ride) is just outstanding if compared to the others, especially because he's one of the less exposed of this field of 9. Third his solid pedigree allows confidence both on the surface/track and the little step up in trip from 6f to 7. Fourth he's a Saeed bin Suroor horse and that's huge. Why? Last 4 weeks trainer yield: +10%. Last two weeks strike rate 23%. Record at the track: 35.3% hit rate with a 29.0% positive yield after 173 runners. Also trainer debutantes on the AW are hitting at a 37% clip with an impressive +35% yield. Fifth, Ryan Moore. When Moore comes on the AW you can be sure it's for a good winning opportunity. In the last 3 years he rode 71 maiden stakes favourites on the AW, result: 70.7% strike rate. Just saying huh. :eek Sixth the price, since he should be an evens money favourite. Draw is more thank okay, plenty of confidence from me.

Re: Nap of the day competition wednesday 15th october 2.20 Wetherby: Final Countdown 7/4 Coral I have to say the juvenile and novice section has taken time to get going this season for some reason, small fields and changeable going largely responsible. Anyway i do think Final Countdown is worth a look at in the opener at Wetherby today. On paper he looks to have the McCain horse to beat and i love taking on horses at short prices from that yard, terribly over rated in my eyes. Had a run at Bangor and it was a messy old race and was out paced by a much better flat horse in the end. This bigger field will see a better pace and i expect him to improve a lot on that form. Alway have to careful of any unknown quantities but 7/4 looks about right and happy to play.

Re: Nap of the day competition wednesday 15th october Kempton 6:15 - Bubbly Bailey WIN @ 7/1 Sky Bet Richard Hughes is riding out of his skin at the moment so I am going to take a chance on this horse. Jenkins had a lovely 16/1 winner over the jumps yesterday so the stable is doing well. The horses' form at Kempton is very appealing with a win and 3 places from his 5 runs here. That win came off a mark of 50 so he is only 4 pounds higher now. He was 2nd here off a mark of 55 in March and is now 1 pound lower so he should be bang there.