** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Nap of the Day - Tuesday 12th August

Re: Nap of the Day - Tuesday 12th August 5:30 Carlisle - Thackeray (4/1 William Hill) 1pt Win Lightly raced 7 year old who is running off the same mark as when a close second over this course and distance last time out. As with his previous start, when also second at Ayr, he was staying on very well late in the day there. Does have the look of a perennial eye catcher and it often can be dangerous to get too involved with such types, but he is now weighted lower than for either of his two career victories and looks potentially well handicapped. Slight concern that he has never won over this trip but the manner he was staying on the last twice suggests that stamina is not an issue, also disconcerting that the Fairhurst yard are yet to have a winner this season but they have very limited ammunition to work with and they did have a 33/1 shot, who was possibly a tad unlucky in running, finish second on Saturday.

Re: Nap of the Day - Tuesday 12th August Lingfield 6:35 Hopefully the Richard Hannon trained Dominate can do just that in this Class 4 contest tomorrow. The 4 year old colt is having his AW debut here tomorrow off a very low mark of 79 so if he takes to the surface he has to have a big shout. He was a very close 5th at Windsor two runs back on turf and Hannon has a staggering 29% strike rate at Lingfield already. Dominate WIN @ 8/1 Bet Victor

Re: Nap of the Day - Tuesday 12th August Lingfield 6.35 - Putin (1pts win, 14/1 BetVictor) Was in decent enough form before two below par efforts the last twice but is a three time course winner and is drawn in stall 1 a good draw for a horse who likes to go hard from the front around here. Those last two runs were on turf and he is an undoubtedly better horse on the AW surface so I feel the odds are a bit too big here so worth a go.

Re: Nap of the Day - Tuesday 12th August 2.15 Carlisle Cumbrianna @ 11/2 sky bet had a good debut run over trip and ground where the winner has since gone in to run well in listed company... Top northern jockey/trainer combo. Happy to take on the fav who hasn't faced this ground and 5/4 is to short for me.

Re: Nap of the Day - Tuesday 12th August 7.25 Nottingham Conditions race with a strange look about it, many horses woefully out of form and sprint maestro Robert Cowell chucking four horses at the race. Top weight Green Door carries a penalty which will make it tough but this is a drop in class but i cant ignore the on horse in cracking form and that is the 3yo Speed Hawk. Soft ground a worry but i reckon it will dry out a bit by tonight as its very windy at the moment, i'm only 45 mins from the track. Has excuses for all of his defeats and is progressing nicely up the ranks. Cowell also runs Free Zone, he's worth a saver as he does like cut in the ground and is running better than his form figures suggest, Dettori has been booked and is ready to bounce back to form. Selections Speed Hawk 4/1 bet365

Re: Nap of the Day - Tuesday 12th August 2.15 CARLISLE (Class 5 - 6f Maiden Stakes) MUHAARIB AL EMARAT @13/8 (PADDYPOWER #BOG) Going with the market here even if the horse isn't so strong looking at the form, but Fahey yard is having a tremendous summer and the current price could justify some money on this 2yo colt. He does have the ability to win a Class 5 maiden like this one if he'll improve as expected, especially because he seems to enjoy the 6f trip, but ofc the soft ground opens several questions even if I really trust trainer judgement in this kind of situations. Cumbrianna the main danger and probably the one with the best value attached.

Re: Nap of the Day - Tuesday 12th August 2.15 carl - X Raise - EW at 18/1 bog bet365 Speculative punt on one of the newcomers here. The ones that have run look OK but nothing special and their form has been mainly on good or firm ground My selection comes from a yard that have a decent record with 2yo debutants, the sire's progeny have a good record on soft ground and Graham Lee takes the ride