Group D - Uruguay v England > Thursday June 19th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Uruguay v England (20:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.35[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.42[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.16 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Group D - Uruguay v England > Thursday June 19th Spud my Octopus says Uruguay 1 England 3 He's very rarely wrong. England will play with passion and for the shirt, its all about the 3 lions and if they give a good account ''as they very much did against Italy'' then they should stick in 3 goals. England to Win.

Re: Group D - Uruguay v England > Thursday June 19th 4pts England to beat Uruguay 5/4 Ladbrokes I think England are really good things here. I mentioned going into the tournament that all the talk was of Uruguay’s front line but their woeful back line had been ignored but Costa Rica didn’t ignore it. They exposed it perfectly for England to dominate. England aren’t brilliant defensively themselves but you have to wonder how fit Suarez is and if he was fit why wasn’t he thrown on against Costa Rica? That suggests there’s a bit of blagging going on with his fitness and even if he plays others will need to create for him. I don’t see it and I think England can revive their campaign with a win here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/uruguay-vs-england-betting-england-can-revive-their-hopes-with-a-win

Re: Group D - Uruguay v England > Thursday June 19th 5pts Uruguay vs England - Over 2.5 Goals @ 2.05 Betvictor 1pt Uruguay to win & Both teams to score @ 7.50 Coral Both Uruguay's and England's opening games saw both sides score and they lost 3-1 and 2-1 respectively. I really fancy another high scoring game (3 or more goals) here. Suarez should start this game and based on the way Costa Rica tore Uruguay's defense apart I really fancy England to score against them. England did not play all that badly against the Italians and I was happy with what I saw in that game in terms of attacking threat. This game should be an open one which should see both sides score where both sides will be looking for a win after their opening game loss. Another bet I like the look of is for Uruguay to win with both teams scoring. This game could honestly go either way and with huge odds like this, I fancy a little dabble on Uruguay to come out on top in this game especially with the likes of Suarez in their side.

Re: Group D - Uruguay v England > Thursday June 19th

I think it's best if people avoid offering tips on their own team as there's always likely to be a bias there' date=' whether intentional or otherwise.[/quote'] Disagree with this - I know with Arsenal I am much more likely to see something I wouldn't if I didn't support (and obsess over) them 24/7. I watch every minute, go to 10ish games per season and often win good money betting on matches they are involved with (including backing them to lose). There's a difference between betting on a team with your heart because you want them to win, and betting on them through analysis (as all of us here do) using your head. As for this match I think Slizhorn is spot on and Over 2.5 (at anything near 2.0) is a great price. If there's a goal in the first half then I can't see this not going over 2.5 as both sides absolutely need the win to keep things in their own hands. Draw in particular doesn't do Uruguay any good with Italy to come.

Re: Group D - Uruguay v England > Thursday June 19th England to score first - 4/5 @ Betway I think England will come out of the traps, pressing high and looking for the early goal in a very Liverpool type way over the past season. They tried it against Italy who were too good on the ball and too good defensively for it to work. Roy has said the same things ahead of this game as the last; England will be set up to attack. Even though both teams lost their first games, there is no doubt that physiologically it was more damaging to Uruguay who I think will be looking to play their way into the game and frustrate England.

Re: Group D - Uruguay v England > Thursday June 19th England are trading @2.1 on the exchanges, surely this is the lay of the world cup? England are changing system for this game with Rooney and Sterling supposedly changing roles, gives Rooney more chances to miss I say. Uruguay will be boosted with Suarez coming back and this we all know his record against EPL defenders. Lay England at 2.1

Re: Group D - Uruguay v England > Thursday June 19th What do you people think about corner betting in this game? The last corner count for the teams last 5 games: Uruguay - Costa Rica 5-6 Uruguay - Slovenia 9-4 Uruguay - Northern Ireland 5-2 Austria - Uruguay 4-3 Uruguay - Jordan 10-2 England - Italy 9-2 England - Honduras 4-3 Ecuador - England 4-8 England - Peru 8-1 England - Denmark 11-3 By looking at the earlier stats there are alot of corners happening when England or Uruguay play and as this game is important for both side i have a feeling it will be attacking alot. At the moment Betsson gives 1.92 on over 10.5 corners, maybe others give more havnt checked yet What do you guys think about this, am I all out of order here?

England are trading @2.1 on the exchanges, surely this is the lay of the world cup? England are changing system for this game with Rooney and Sterling supposedly changing roles, gives Rooney more chances to miss I say. Uruguay will be boosted with Suarez coming back and this we all know his record against EPL defenders. Lay England at 2.1
Suarez was hardly in the form of his life in the last few months of the Premiership, post Feb he didn't really hit the heights he did earlier in the season. Regardless of what he or Uruguay say they are rushing him back and he certainly won't be 100% fit - their coach said as much - I'm not expecting him to have a massive impact tonight. I'm expecting England to get at least a draw, Uruguay have quite a few average players and not the tactical masterminds the Italians are. They are far more European in terms of formation and approach than the other South American sides which will suit England, we saw how few problems they caused Costa Rica and they are suddenly expected to up their game and beat a far more capable side in England? Don't see it personally. If I was going to bet on this game I would take England but only on a DNB (0ah).

What do you people think about corner betting in this game? The last corner count for the teams last 5 games: Uruguay - Costa Rica 5-6 Uruguay - Slovenia 9-4 Uruguay - Northern Ireland 5-2 Austria - Uruguay 4-3 Uruguay - Jordan 10-2 England - Italy 9-2 England - Honduras 4-3 Ecuador - England 4-8 England - Peru 8-1 England - Denmark 11-3 By looking at the earlier stats there are alot of corners happening when England or Uruguay play and as this game is important for both side i have a feeling it will be attacking alot. At the moment Betsson gives 1.92 on over 10.5 corners, maybe others give more havnt checked yet What do you guys think about this, am I all out of order here?
Based off what you posted Uruguay average 6.4 corners per game in their last 5 played and England average 8 corners per game in their last 5 game. And should a side fall behind early on in the game, the opposition is bound to continue to attack to get back to level pegging. Honestly looks like it could be a very good bet.

Re: Group D - Uruguay v England > Thursday June 19th Alternatively you may also have to weigh up that England have conceded per game 2.6 corners in those games and Uruguay have conceded 3.6 corners. Perhaps backing England on the corner handicap is the way to go, if you feel that a corner-fest may not be on the cards.

Alternatively you may also have to weigh up that England have conceded per game 2.6 corners in those games and Uruguay have conceded 3.6 corners. Perhaps backing England on the corner handicap is the way to go, if you feel that a corner-fest may not be on the cards.
I think it's always sensible to look at 'corners conceded' as well as 'corners won' to try to work out the value of a corners bet. Some games yield few corners even though a team might be chasing the game. Australia v Holland last night had 5 corners.

Alternatively you may also have to weigh up that England have conceded per game 2.6 corners in those games and Uruguay have conceded 3.6 corners. Perhaps backing England on the corner handicap is the way to go, if you feel that a corner-fest may not be on the cards.
The line is on England (-1.5 Asian Corner Handicap) @ 1.85 Bet365 Pretty tempting considering Uruguay managed 1 less corner than Costa Rica in their 3-1 loss to them.

Re: Group D - Uruguay v England > Thursday June 19th I really like that England corner handicap bet. Especially with Uruguay having 2 defenders out and one of the guys coming in has played 1 game all season at club level (Fucile, the right back who will be targeted). That alone could result in a few corners through mix-ups, lack of playing together and sharpness.

Re: Group D - Uruguay v England > Thursday June 19th I dug up more stats for the corners for England, not including the last 5 matches which Abyss covered above. One thing I do have to say is that at home, England have a tremendous record of winning the corner handicap bet for the last 10 or 11 games in a row. But looking at the last 14 games (9 games below + 5 by Abyss) played by England, they have only lost the -1.5 corner handicap line 3 times (vs Honduras, Ukraine and Brazil) and have lost it by a maximum of 2 corner margin (i.e vs Ukraine 9-7). All things considered, I think it is a must bet, considering the number of times this bet would have landed (11 out of 14 times). Though the 3 times that they have lost the bet, it was away from home. Make what you will of it, but I'm going to back this bet with medium-ish stakes. 4pts England (-1.5 asian corner handicap) @ 1.85 Bet365 England vs Germany 11-6 England vs Chile 11-1 England vs Poland 17-4 England vs Montenegro 14-0 Ukraine vs England 9-7 England vs Moldova 9-1 England vs Scotland 8-3 Brazil vs England 4-3 England vs Ireland 9-4

4pts England (-1.5 asian corner handicap) @ 1.85 Bet365 England vs Germany 11-6 England vs Chile 11-1 England vs Poland 17-4 England vs Montenegro 14-0 Ukraine vs England 9-7 England vs Moldova 9-1 England vs Scotland 8-3 Brazil vs England 4-3 England vs Ireland 9-4
I can take -1 England at $1.83; might take that instead.

Re: Group D - Uruguay v England > Thursday June 19th I really fancy overs in this game, both teams very much capable of scoring, especially now that Suarez is back although not 100% he knows how to break English defenses as he has done it time and time again in Premier League. On the other hand England played a great football vs Italy so kinda hard to point out a winner in this match. I really like the odds on Uruguay @3.8 as a small value bet. I think we will see a winner in each case, this wont end 0:0 or 1:1, i just don't see it, So these are my bets: 1 pt to Uruguay @3.8 6 pts to over [email protected] 2 pts to over 3.5 @2.75

This is a match that could decide everything at the World Cup. If Uruguay wins, they can advance to the next stage. If England win, they can advance to the next stage. One of these teams will be devastated tonight as both teams are strong contenders to play the World Cup final, and defeat means they wont. England played a stunning match with Italy in the first round of matches, and were unlucky to lose. Uruguay played a terrible match against Costa Rica and suffered a royal pummelling. This seems to suggest England will win today, but football is never this simple. Suarez is back and he will add necessary bite to Uruguay who looked toothless upfront against the Ricans. England played a nice fixture against Italy but were limp in front of goal. But neither team looked assured defensively so goals could come, however with the intensity of the clash do not be surprised if this is a one goal match. Neither team will want a draw so my one and only bet: Back Over 0.5 goals at 1/14 on Betfair
What is the point in even betting at those odds?

Re: Group D - Uruguay v England > Thursday June 19th Both teams with sort of a must-win situation. A failure to win means that Uruguay will be out of the tournament in 99%, while a draw for England will still keep them in the game, but will complicate their situation a lot as they will be in a must win situation against the tough Costa Rica. England with a lot of pace, dribbling and threat up-front with players like Sturridge, Sterling and Rooney, which should easily expose of poor Uruguay defense, which will miss their regular CB Lugano. Uruguay with Suarez back and in a situation where they are desperate for goals. I think they will have more space than against the tightly packed Costa Rica and the trickery of Suarez could be the important factor in carving up the England defense. BTTS @ Over 2.5 @ 2.05 (bet 365)

Re: Group D - Uruguay v England > Thursday June 19th I will continue with statistical analysis from last match: http://forum.punterslounge.com/threads/151152-Group-C-Colombia-v-Ivory-Coast-gt-Thursday-June-19th?p=2439422#post2439422 We already have seen another over and another BTS. And we have also seen late goal. I now there is Suarez and Sturridge on each side and I read about overs and draws but if I looked just on statistic: - sooner or later will come under - sooner or later will come draw It's not some record breaker series but I think it's possible to have 1-1 FT with 1-0 at half time (it's not important for who). Draw is acceptable for both teams, defeat for none. So for punters I see just stay away and wait for next match. For traders it could have clue to put some money on 1-1 and wait for goals to close trade at around 60'. If goes too quick to 2-0/0-2 we take our loss and again go to next match.

What do you people think about corner betting in this game? The last corner count for the teams last 5 games: Uruguay - Costa Rica 5-6 Uruguay - Slovenia 9-4 Uruguay - Northern Ireland 5-2 Austria - Uruguay 4-3 Uruguay - Jordan 10-2 England - Italy 9-2 England - Honduras 4-3 Ecuador - England 4-8 England - Peru 8-1 England - Denmark 11-3 By looking at the earlier stats there are alot of corners happening when England or Uruguay play and as this game is important for both side i have a feeling it will be attacking alot. At the moment Betsson gives 1.92 on over 10.5 corners, maybe others give more havnt checked yet What do you guys think about this, am I all out of order here?
Good write up with good reasoning. I was so attracted by your bet , but didn't have the guts. For me it was either a big bet or nothing at all. Good write up though mate.

Re: Group D - Uruguay v England > Thursday June 19th Why would you persist with Gerrard and Welbeck you have better options on the bench, Woy needs sacked, look clueless in both defending and attacking in every game, its like watching Newcastle.