** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Best Bet Of The Day ~ Saturday 22nd June

3.05 Royal Ascot: Hardwicke Stakes (Group 2) (1m4f) Quite a competitive renewal of the Hardwicke Stakes, and not much between a few of these on bare form figures. Ektihaam, Thomas Chippendale and Noble Mission all have possibilities. The favourite Mount Athos is the highest rated but didn’t beat much last time and doesn’t appeal from a value point of view and one that is overpriced may be Aiken. His fourth in a stronger race last year reads well and now steps back to 12f after two decent attempts at longer trips. Sir Michael Stoute has a terrific record in this race and his runner Sir John Hawkwood might be worth a saver at the prices.

Selections:

1pt Aiken 12/1

Stan James

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Saturday 22nd June 5.15 Newmarket Gabbiano had won his 2 previous starts prior to looking far from straightforward last time out, 5lb higher for that last win and easy enough to swerve after that run last time out. My Son Max is becoming costly to follow and last 2 efforts have been some way below what is required to win here. Arctic Lynx will pop up at some point, simply shapes as if just going through the motions at the moment but is now down to his last winning mark and sure to come good at some point might just be better on the AW though. Nardin is clearly unexposed and open to more improvement won a maiden on the AW in Sept before making a very promising comeback over this CD last time out in 2 weeks ago, should come on for that if this isn’t too soon further 2lb higher aswell today only 3 year old in the lineup a tough ask against some battle hardened sprinters. Trojan Rocket might be the one to stick with he had a very impressive season last year winning 4 times including over this CD twice and also the Rowley mile once, better than ever when landing a handicap a tough handicap at Windsor 3lb higher for that but clearly still improving any rain wouldn’t be a problem and also handles fast conditions aswell very versatile sort. 1pt win Trojan Rocket 9/2 >Bet365

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Saturday 22nd June 14.50 Newmarket: Dance With Dragons @ 6/1 Betfred Dance With Dragons really caught my eye thanks to a nice turn of foot a couple of weeks ago at Leicester. He was actually quite unlucky that day, travelling well in the pack but having no chance to find a gap for a very long time of the race. He just came free at the 1f marker and quickened instantly to put soon a gap between himself and the rest of the field. The winner, who got a clear run on the outside, was long gone though. Still a very nice performance, from a generally lightly raced gelding and on this evidence he looks ahead of his mark. This form works out very well too, with the winner having been successful again as well as the third and fourth which won subsequently.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Saturday 22nd June 4.35 Down Royal Salhooda 2/1 Paddy Power BOG The Ulster Oaks (a handicap) has a filly who started favourite for the Chesire Oaks in Salhooda from the Weld stable. Runner up fto at Killarney to an O' Brien horse, she confirmed that promise with a good win in a Curragh maiden. After the Chester race she won an egg and spoon race in Ballinrobe when the stable was out of form. Now in better form she should beat these handicappers before stepping up in grade again. 1 point win for nap purposes Salhooda 2/1 Paddy Power

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Saturday 22nd June 3.45 Ascot - Gordon Lord Byron 8/1 Stan James BOG I really like this horses profile. Him and Soceity Rock are a few lb's clear on my ratings and the selection still looks progressive and a massive bonus ahead of tomorrow's changeable weather forecast is that he will go on any ground. I will have to cross my fingers and hope he is on the right side of the draw but if he is, then he must go very close with Buick on board. The fact he gets further in a race like this also looks as if it well help should it become more of a test than it already is.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Saturday 22nd June *Soul > Ascot 3:45 > Each-way @ 25/1 Bet365 BOG* If the ground stays good or firm, it could not be good for this horse, as he goes best on soft. But he did win on good ground in the past, so maybe not all is lost. He was a big eye-catcher when last seen when second to Mince last October in a Group 3 at Ascot, so the horse at least enjoys the track. This horse destroyed Maarek at Newbury last year in a Group 3, which is good form, so looks a very big price to my eyes for such a powerful yard.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Saturday 22nd June 3.45 Ascot: Lethal Force, 12/1 >Bet365, win Lethal Force ran a cracker lto when he finished second, just a head behind the re-opposing Society Rock. He should come on a bit for that run and, with a bit of luck in running, he could reverse that form. He has run well in all three starts at Ascot. The ground and trip will suit.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Saturday 22nd June 4.25 ASCOT MORACHE MUSIC @ 33/1 Stan James BOG Fourth in this race last year under similar conditions off a mark of 105, 2lbs lower today. Has a CD win to his name and it looks like he has been trained with this race in mind. Drawn 23 which should be ok. Any overnight rain would no inconvenience, looks to have a chance at a massive price.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Saturday 22nd June 15:35 Ayr Royal Prize - Looks a bit of a distance for trainer Ralph Beckett to send the 1 horse. Looks a good race and Royal Prize will hopefully go close. Was beaten by a neck LTO in a class 3 handicap and dropping to class 4 for today. Yard in decent form with 21% strike rate from over 150 runners this year and 3/10 on course. 0.5EW 15/2 bet365

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Saturday 22nd June Ascot 5.00 Rye House. I was impressed by Rye House at York's Dante meeting over the extended 10f where he saw off a decent bunch of handicappers in some style powering away inside the last furlong. If anything he ought to be even better over this 12f & he's won at the trip anyway, just a slight niggle with the fast ground because his best form is on going on the easy side so if it wants to chuck it down feel free. Stoute's going quite well just now & has had a couple of winners at the meeting & this is the type of older horse that he's so good with. Managed to nab 7/1 with Boylesports, can't see him going off at that. Bet. Rye House 1pt win @ 7/1 Boylesports BOG. Rio.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Saturday 22nd June Ascot 3.05 - Ektihaam (1pts win, 3/1 Bet365) It's a close call for me between Ektihaam and Mount Athos but today my preference is for the former. A very impressive winner when stepped up to 1m4 here at Ascot and I think there could be more to come over this trip. Beaten just over a length by Al Kazeem two runs back and he strengthened that form earlier this week. It's a tight race but I think Ektihaam could be the one they all have to beat.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Saturday 22nd June 2.30 Ascot - 1pt win Master Carpenter @ 10/1 (Bet365) If this horse was trained by someone more fashionable than Rod Millman he'd be shorter than 10/1 as the form he has in the book gives him a big chance today - especially going up to a more suitable trip of 7f. He ran out a comfortable winner on debut from a horse who ran in midfield in the Windsor Castle earlier this week and the run of the race here over 5f in a small field conditions race next time out caught him out. Shaped like he didn't have the pace for 5f at the top level and was 3rd to the Windsor Castle 3rd (beaten a neck) and another in the Windsor Castle who was beaten 3l. On that evidence he was ready for a step up in trip and was doing his best work at the finish when winning over the stiff 6f at Pontefract last time. The 7f will suit even better on track evidence and his pedigree - he's by Mastercraftsman and out of a middle-distance dam. Should go close.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Saturday 22nd June Ascot 3.05 - Dandino - win at 12/1 bog bet365 I can see one of the outsiders winning this The current fave, Ektihaam, looks to be improving and won well over CD last time out but very much had the run of the race with an uncontested lead in a small field and with Hanagan riding a brilliant tactical race. Today he has another front runner in Universal and I'm hoping they take each other on early in the race and set it up for a stalker Dandino finished just behind Universal at Newmarket but he had loomed up looking like the best horse in the race until just outbattled in the finish. With that run uner his belt I feel he could provide an upset here He's a CD and group 2 winner

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Saturday 22nd June Off Art 3.35pm Ayr - 1pt WIN - 9-2 BetVictor He has won his last 2 races by 2 ¼ lengths and a length but both races were over 7f. He has shown an ability to handle both good to firm and good to soft ground. He was given a good ride from the front at Thirsk in a class 4 maiden and turned over an odds on favourite that day. He then went to Doncaster in May and stayed on well over 7f so 1m could be well within his reach.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Saturday 22nd June A4.25 Louis The Pious 20/1 Bet365 I've been tearing my hair out all week trying to figure out the best place to be drawn but I'm just going to go for this one on a form basis and hope for the best since. I'm a big fan of this trainer and he's only had the horse for 3 runs with the possibility of having a tilt at a big handicap like todays in mind. The horse clearly has ability having finished 2nd and 3rd in 2 huge handicaps last Summer and if this trainer has improved the horse any, then it could be in the firing line today.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Saturday 22nd June 2105 lingfield 1 pt win salient 13/2 willy hills im leaving it late tonight,last race at lingfild,not the best race of the day but i think this 9 year old gelding usually runs a good race at lingfield, and was a tad unlucky last time out over todays course and distance when 3rd beaten by 2 noses,has course and distance at lingfield,and he usually wins a couple of races every year,and this grade 6 may be an ideal oppurtunity to get his head in front.seb sanders takes the ride and when he teams up with trainer attwatter they have a 17% strike rate

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Saturday 22nd June 7:35 Lingfield JARROW 8-1 WILLHILL A drop down in class and if can reproduce his penultimate run on gd/fm at Chepstow (beaten 2.5 lengths) off a 2lbs lower mark with Seb Sanders booked can get involved. Dorback is the only horse arriving in form and can be taken on with a 6lb penalty applied for a 1.5 length win. There are question marks about the ground and the handicap marks with all other runners and I'm quite confident about this horse now down in class.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Saturday 22nd June 20.20 Haydock - Brave Acclaim - Win @ 9\4 PP BOG Course and Distance winner in a maiden last time out. Has raced all 3 times at today's race distance of 1m and has been progressing with each race. Carry's top weight but should be better than most of the others. Trainer Tom Dascombe likes to get winners here and does well at this course.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Saturday 22nd June 21.20 Haydock Diamond Penny - 0.5PTS Each Way 12/1 Boylesports Not many of these are a standout bet and a chance is taken with Steve Drownes mount at a bigger price. Diamond Penny is a lightly raced 5 year old who has only had 7 runs since June 2010, however some decent form was shown back then when finishing 4th in a Class 2 race at Ayr over 1 mile. He kept on well in that race and the step up to 1m 2f should suit. He's only been seen on a racecourse once since that race on the all weather where he didn't show much, but on a return to turf he has an outside chance of finishing in the placings.