June 10 - June 16

Re: June 10 - June 16 Hewitt to beat Cilic - 2.15 Pinnacle (4/5 points) Cilic should be preparing for Wimbledon, his boring game will be exposed tomorrow. Let's see if lack of variety game can stand up against one of the all time great and intelligent grasscourt point constructors. Hewitt will weave his way into a winning position against Cilic, we'll see a lot of errors at crucial times. This isn't enough for Hewitt, he's been struggling with injury for years but never refer to him as a journeyman, cause he's not. One of the greatest competitors of all time, up there with Nadal and the only aspect of Cilic's game I saw to be in anyway competitive today was his serve and Hewitt is still a pretty effective returner. Odds are the wrong way around and they will be fixed, give it a couple of hours.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: June 10 - June 16

Hewitt to beat Cilic - 2.15 Pinnacle (4/5 points) Cilic should be preparing for Wimbledon, his boring game will be exposed tomorrow. Let's see if lack of variety game can stand up against one of the all time great and intelligent grasscourt point constructors. Hewitt will weave his way into a winning position against Cilic, we'll see a lot of errors at crucial times. This isn't enough for Hewitt, he's been struggling with injury for years but never refer to him as a journeyman, cause he's not. One of the greatest competitors of all time, up there with Nadal and the only aspect of Cilic's game I saw to be in anyway competitive today was his serve and Hewitt is still a pretty effective returner. Odds are the wrong way around and they will be fixed, give it a couple of hours.
I thought Cilic was pretty good today, served great. Have to say I fancy Cilic after his performance, I cant see his serve being broken!

Re: June 10 - June 16 Back Tommy Haas to beat Roger Federer @ 4.50 >Betfair Haas meets Federer in the last four here in a repeat of the final last year, and I give the German a better chance of winning than this price suggests. Matches between these two on grass are always close, and Haas beat Federer last year at this tournament so there's no reason why he can't do it again. Since the start of last year, Haas has arguably been one of the most consistent and reliable players on tour, and it's credit to him that he is playing some of the best tennis of his career at his age and after major surgery a few years ago. He has been serving extremely well so far this week, and if he can keep it up against Federer it's hard to see him being broken. Neither Gulbis or Monfils could do anything on his serve, and I don't think Federer will either. I don't think it helps Federer that he has got through his first two matches so easily, as Haas is a significant step up in class from Stebe and Zverev. Although Federer seems to be happy with the way he is playing, I think his game is way off at the moment. By his standards he has had a poor season, and he doesn't seem that motivated to me, whereas Haas looks like a player determined to make the most of the time he has left in the game. This match should provide Federer with a real test, and I'm not sure that he will come through it. With Wimbledon just around the corner, and Federer certain to want to do well there, I don't think he will be too upset if he loses to Haas in this tournament again. Back Lleyton Hewitt to beat Marin Cilic @ 2.26 >Betfair The short reason for this bet is that if Hewitt can beat Del Potro, then he can beat Cilic. Of course there is more to it than that, but I think Hewitt can continue his fairy tale run here and make the final. He beat Cilic last year at the Olympics, and I think he is possibly playing better now than he was then. Cilic did well to get past Berdych in his last match, but he really should have been knocked out in the round before that against Lopez. For the most part, Hewitt returned well against Del Potro, and if he can get a read on Cilic's serve then I think he will get chances in this match. Hewitt will scrap for every point, and he will relish taking on another good player in Cilic. If this match comes down to who wants it the most, which it may well do, then I favour Hewitt to prevail.

Re: June 10 - June 16 Murray vs Tsonga a tiebreak in the match 5 points win 4/6 Ladbrokes They have played 3 times on grass with 2 tiebreaks and a 7-5 set. I think there will be another tomorrow. Hewitt to beat Cilic 5 points win 6/5 Bet365 Both had good wins today. Cilic will need to serve very well and Hewitt to return poorly for Cilic to win. Hewitt beat Cilic 6-4 7-5 on grass at the Olympics last year. Haas vs Federer Tie break in the match 5 points win 5/6 Skybet Federer leads the H2H 7-1, 3-1 on grass but Haas beat him here last year and he has gone up a level since then. Given their records against each other especially at Halle this looks the safest option given that all 3 of their matches here contained a tiebreak. 5 point win Accum Petkovic/Murray/Vekic/Gasquet 6.53 Paddy Power (8/13,2/5,Evs,4/9) Murray usually beats Tsonga and will do so again Petkovic has played well all week and beat Jankovic in straight sets today where Helep struggled against Safarova at times. At her best she is classier than Halep. Although both Youzhny and Gasquet are playing very well and the Head 2 Head is 4-4, recent matches point to a Gasquet victory with Gasquet winning 3 of the last 4. The loss was a retirement. Vekic even as a 16 year old has had a win on hardcourts against Rybarikova. Both hit the ball hard and have good serves but I have been more impressed by Vekic this week and think she will prevail this time. Good Luck!

I thought Cilic was pretty good today' date=' served great. Have to say I fancy Cilic after his performance, I cant see his serve being broken![/quote'] I thought he was wofeful aside from his serve, his serve was disguising a lot of things if you ask me. Berdych couldn't deal with the kick serve to his backhand side, so everytime Cilic put in a kicker outwide on the ad court, Berdych failed to get over over the ball and it was just about reaching the service box, leaving Cilic with an easy put away. He was relying on that one two play all match and Berdych isn't exactly the best defensively on grass. I wouldn't deem Cilic as a good mover either, he relies heavily upon his serve to get him in charge of points and his return of serve is woeful. All in all a particularly overrated player and I don't care if Hewitt is 32, he's a much better grasscourter and if Hewitt can play to anywhere near the same level of smartness as he did today, he'll weave his way into winning rallies with cat and mouse tennis. Cilic is too one pace, no variations of pace, can't deal with them and once his serve falls flat, that's it. Only concern for Hewitt is his own serve, but even so, his movement and savviness on grass is so good, that he should be able to recover. Cilic is also awful with low balls. The odds on Cilic are dropping simply because he beat "Berdych" a big name now a days and Berdych beat Djokoivc a month ago on clay, so it's all ringing in people's ears and they are acting on it. Can't see it myself. Good luck though if you decide to go with that melon. lol

Re: June 10 - June 16 Some really nice matchups tomorrow: 1) Back Tommy Haas to beat Roger Federer. 4,30 @ marathonbet (8/10). In no way Haas is such a big dog here. Both Federer and Haas are classy on the green courts and showed some nice stuff at Halle. But Haas had to beat Gulbis and a very strong Monfils to reach the semis, whereas Federer has two push-overs with Stebe and Zverev. Haa is playing nice stuff and serving well throughout the whole season, but especially these days. He seems to be very focused to defend his title here. H2H is standing 8-1 in favor of Federer, but Haas managed to beat him last year in Halle, too and I can really see Haas doing it again tomorrow. 2) Back Lleyton Hewitt to beat Marin Cilic. 2,32 @ marathonbet (8/10). I fancy Hewitt to reach the final here. He is by far the better tennis player in this match. When it comes to longer reallies, he should make araound 80% of these points due to his flexible and very solid baseline play on grass courts. Hewitt is a former All England champion, he really knows how to play on grass and above all, he showed some form in the recent days at Queens. He managed to beat Del Potro, and Cilic should not be a tougher task here. I don´t overrate his win against Berdych. He served well, but Berdych didn´t move well, but Hewitt will do, and with his return play that is still one of the world´s best, he will be able to cause damage to Cilic´s serve. This match is at least even, pure value in my eyes. 3) Back Donna Vekic to beat Magdalena Rybarikova. 2,16 @ marathonbet (8/10). I fancy the 16 years old Vekic here. Her play was quite impressive. Good serve, consistent baseline play, nice shots. She seems to love the grass courts that suit her style of play. Beating Cirstea that convincing as she did is really a statement. On the other side Rybarikova is a solid player on grass court with a nice record, but she is definitively beatable and tends to gift some points at some stages of the match. I hope Vekic will be able to profit from that.

I thought he was wofeful aside from his serve, his serve was disguising a lot of things if you ask me. Berdych couldn't deal with the kick serve to his backhand side, so everytime Cilic put in a kicker outwide on the ad court, Berdych failed to get over over the ball and it was just about reaching the service box, leaving Cilic with an easy put away. He was relying on that one two play all match and Berdych isn't exactly the best defensively on grass. I wouldn't deem Cilic as a good mover either, he relies heavily upon his serve to get him in charge of points and his return of serve is woeful. All in all a particularly overrated player and I don't care if Hewitt is 32, he's a much better grasscourter and if Hewitt can play to anywhere near the same level of smartness as he did today, he'll weave his way into winning rallies with cat and mouse tennis. Cilic is too one pace, no variations of pace, can't deal with them and once his serve falls flat, that's it. Only concern for Hewitt is his own serve, but even so, his movement and savviness on grass is so good, that he should be able to recover. Cilic is also awful with low balls. The odds on Cilic are dropping simply because he beat "Berdych" a big name now a days and Berdych beat Djokoivc a month ago on clay, so it's all ringing in people's ears and they are acting on it. Can't see it myself. Good luck though if you decide to go with that melon. lol
I dont think ill go with Cilic, im not a big fan of his and you never know how he will play and I backed Berdych today, was pretty annoying watching Berdych not return all the second serves. Hewitt has played well but I think his opponents have given him to much respect so far. Depends which Cilic turns up in my opinion!

I dont think ill go with Cilic' date=' im not a big fan of his and you never know how he will play and I backed Berdych today, was pretty annoying watching Berdych not return all the second serves. Hewitt has played well but I think his opponents have given him to much respect so far. Depends which Cilic turns up in my opinion![/quote'] Cool. Respect your view. My view is Cilic just simply doesn't have the game to beat Hewitt on grass, so I can't see it mattering much, but that's just my view. He just doesn't get down well enough to low balls on the grass as he's such a big man, ala Del Potro. http://tennisinsight.com/match_preview_activity.php?match_i...activity=3 Hewitt at Queens, he's never done as well at a tournament as he has done at Queens. Think about the good and positive feeling he must have everytime he steps out onto the court there, the same bloke with the same fire and that same skill on grass just returns.

Re: June 10 - June 16 Back Tommy Haas (+3.5) to beat Roger Federer for a 2/10 stake at 1.83 with Paddy Power Federer hasn't really been tested yet, so it is hard to know where he is at right now and I wouldn't be surprised by seeing him struggle against a man that managed to beat him here last time around. Haas is the in-form player of the two, while Federer seems to be a bit overrated right now, so going with this decent handicap we have been offered today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/haas-vs-federer-betting-tommy-haas-should-not-be-underestimated-in-the-battle-of-two-legends-20130615 Back Mikhail Youzhny (+3) to beat Richard Gasquet for a 2/10 stake at 1.91 with Pinnacle I am obviously not too happy about backing Youzhny after seeing what happened in his match against Haas in the French Open, but he was really good yesterday and could give Gasquet a really good run for his money. This match could go either way really, so this handicap line looks quite good given Youzhny's current form. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/youzhny-vs-gasquet-betting-mikhail-youzhny-could-trouble-richard-gasquet-in-halle-today-20130615

Re: June 10 - June 16 Meuffels v Mahut - Under 18.5 games - Bet 365 @1.83 This match features Meuffels ranked 750th in the world and Mahut ranked 224th in the world. I would be put off my Mahut's ranking as he is much better than this. Meuffels is clearly not to bothered about the grass season as he hasn't played any matches on grass as of yet and has only ever played 2 grass court matches in his career. On the other hand Mahut is great on grass winning 72 matches to just 44 loses on the surface. Mahut would probably be a top 30 player on grass, it is easily his favourite surface! He recently covered this game line in the first round at Queens against a better player than his opponent today. He also took Andy Murray to a tie break in the second set, this shows how good he can be. Mahut is a big level above Meuffels, Mahut is playing in mostly ATP events where as Meuffels is playing on the Futures tour mainly, this shows who the better player is in my opinion, and there is a big difference in level between which these two play at. Meuffels also retired recently and this is only his second game back, so he may still be struggling from a slight injury.

Re: June 10 - June 16 I'll update bank in a bit but once against schiavone set up and 3-0 up goes to tie break and 3-0 up loses 7-3 what the hell? anyway : 2pts L.Hewitt vs M.Cilic - Over 24 games 2.00 Bet365 2pts L.Hewitt win 2.30 Bet365 1pt L.Hewitt to win 2-1 5.00 Bet365 Id be suprised if this didn't go to 3 sets but I think Hewitt will come through. Cilic has done well to be fair he looked dead and buried against Lopez but I wouldn't look too much into the Berdych win. Berdych was pathetic and didn't give a toss. I see Berdych in first few rounds and I could see he looked like he couldn't be bothered. I'm going to go Hewitt.

Re: June 10 - June 16 5 point Double Keothavong to beat Moore 4/5 and Tatishvilli to beat Koehler 8/15 Bet365 (works out at 7/4) Keothavong is playing her compatriot Moore in the fist qualifying round at Eastbourne. Moore did well last week in Birmingham losing in 3 sets to Mladenovic while Keothavong lost to Paszek. I expect experience to win out here because I feel Keothavong has the greater shots and determination to win this one. Tatishivilli still looking for her maiden win of the year lost 6-4 final set to Schiavone in Birmingham where she was striking the ball well. She has won a few matches on grass in the past and I expect her to win easily today. Koehler, coming from the clay has not played any match so far on grass and that should be the telling factor here

Re: June 10 - June 16 1pt Tsonga to beat Murray 2-1 5.00 1pt Youhzny to beat Gasquet 2-1 5.50 Both look like going the full distance and so Id rather look to abit of value instead of the games market. Murray hasn't been tested yet and I think he will have his mind on Wimbledon. Tsonga never wins 2-0 though so I think it will go 2-1 either way really. Sorry for crap review guys in a rush today

Re: June 10 - June 16 Hey guys, I'm new to this forum, great tipping btw!. Anyway my pick is 8pts Burdette to beat Bratchikova @1.62 with PaddyPower. Burdette is a really good young player and she is playing well having recently beaten teenage sensations Keys and Vekic- this form looks especially strong given how well those two are playing. She is a good ball-striker and should soon be top 50 easily although this is her first match on grass. I don't really know much about her opponent except that she is ranked 142 and has a losing record this year and she has lost to some fairly average players like Mayr and Strykova. Can't really believe this price!

Meuffels v Mahut - Under 18.5 games - Bet 365 @1.83 This match features Meuffels ranked 750th in the world and Mahut ranked 224th in the world. I would be put off my Mahut's ranking as he is much better than this. Meuffels is clearly not to bothered about the grass season as he hasn't played any matches on grass as of yet and has only ever played 2 grass court matches in his career. On the other hand Mahut is great on grass winning 72 matches to just 44 loses on the surface. Mahut would probably be a top 30 player on grass, it is easily his favourite surface! He recently covered this game line in the first round at Queens against a better player than his opponent today. He also took Andy Murray to a tie break in the second set, this shows how good he can be. Mahut is a big level above Meuffels, Mahut is playing in mostly ATP events where as Meuffels is playing on the Futures tour mainly, this shows who the better player is in my opinion, and there is a big difference in level between which these two play at. Meuffels also retired recently and this is only his second game back, so he may still be struggling from a slight injury.
Good win for Mahut. Now 3/4 winners for the grass season

Re: June 10 - June 16 Strange odds there indeed, DoMiNuS, although it needs to be noted that Krajicek has already won a small ITF event this year (although Soler-Espinosa should be a huge step up from the players she beat there, of course). Back Mikhail Youzhny to beat Roger Federer for a 1/10 stake at 7.87 with Pinnacle I just feel obliged to take this play with one unit here. Federer has already had a fair number of shocking losses this year and I don't think that he has played extraordinarily well so far in this event. Youzhny has a horrible record against him and you would expect him to lose this one as well, of course, but the times are changing and Youzhny is playing rather well these days, so I think that a small play might be worth it given that the odds are so massive. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/youzhny-vs-federer-betting-mikhail-youzhny-could-trouble-the-swiss-legend-in-the-finals-20130616 Back Daniela Hantuchova to beat Donna Vekic for a 2/10 stake at 1.77 with Pinnacle Vekic has had a good run here so far, but I feel that Hantuchova might still be out of her range in a big match like this, as she is the much more experienced player of the two and should therefore find a way to beat her. The tough matches against Schiavone, Mladenovic, and Riske should have prepared her well for this challenge and I simply think that she will be too strong for her young opponent. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hantuchova-vs-vekic-betting-daniela-hantuchova-should-be-able-to-capture-the-title-in-birmingham-20130616 Back Andy Murray (-3.5) to beat Marin Cilic for a 2/10 stake at 1.73 with Ladbrokes I cannot see Murray losing here, I really can't. Whether he will be able to cover this handicap line is another question, but I would say that he will do that in most of his victories and I am therefore willing to take it here. I would like to see a bit more from Cilic before backing him at all, but the number one reason for staying away from him is that he has always failed against Murray in matches that mattered the most. And yes, I would say that this match does indeed matter for Murray. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/murray-vs-cilic-betting-andy-murray-should-be-too-strong-for-marin-cilic-over-in-london-20130616

Re: June 10 - June 16 Over 21.5 games Youzhny vs Federer for a 6/10 stake at 1.88 with Pinnacle Was it Gasquet that said the grass in Halle played quicker than other places? Well Youhzny has served remarkably well all week and it's almost been the catalist for his good run here, he's fought hard and come up with the one two punches using the serve, Roger is still looking very good on grass from what I can see, but I think he may have a task on his hands breaking Youzhny here.

Re: June 10 - June 16 Federer -4.5 games to beat Youzhny 1/1 Paddy Power. Maybe I should be throwing caution to the wind at how well Youzhny has played this week but he has made no impression on Federer in the 9 matches they have played. Federer sometimes struggles with the return against the big servers but Youzhny isnt a huge server. Off the ground the Federer forehand will overpower him if it is on. Youzhny has a great backhand which he can drive or slice to open up the angles. From Youzhny's point of view he must serve a high percentage of first serves and of course attack the Federer backhand and keep the points short to have a chance. I think it is on that last point where he will falter and it is for that reason that I think Federer will post another comfortable win. 10 points win Federer -4.5 games Evs Paddy Power Murray vs Cilic - Total Cilic games - over 9.5 games Evs Paddy Power. To be quite frank the Queens Tounament this year has been a disaster for me. You don't know how wayward Murray will be as it is only a warm up tournament but one Murray would like to win. At his best Murray would win this match comfortably and I am sure he will win the match. He leads the head to heads comfortably. Cilic is a good server and Murray is a good server and returner. He has far more variety in his game and moves better. On ability alone assuming the mind does not wander he should win comfortably today but history at this tournament has shown that it does and for that reason I am taking Cilic to cover this line. Cilic to win over 9.5 games 5 points win Evs Paddy Power Vekic to beat Hantuchova 5/4 Coral Both players have played brilliantly this week and Hantuchova I am sure will be feeling the effects of 3 very long matches. This might be one match too far for her? Vekic has a good sure and goes for a lot of winners as Mladenovic does. This I think will throw Hantuchkova out of her comfort zone. Huntuchkova likes to go for some winners but likes to work the point and open up the angles. She may not be able to run down the shots of Vekic today. For her part Vekic needs to cut down on the unforced errors. As I think she will. Vekic to beat Hantuchova 10 points win 5/4 Coral Vekic to win 2-0 5 points win 3/1 William Hill

Vekic to beat Hantuchova 5/4 Coral Both players have played brilliantly this week and Hantuchova I am sure will be feeling the effects of 3 very long matches. This might be one match too far for her? Vekic has a good sure and goes for a lot of winners as Mladenovic does. This I think will throw Hantuchkova out of her comfort zone. Huntuchkova likes to go for some winners but likes to work the point and open up the angles. She may not be able to run down the shots of Vekic today. For her part Vekic needs to cut down on the unforced errors. As I think she will. Vekic to beat Hantuchova 10 points win 5/4 Coral Vekic to win 2-0 5 points win 3/1 William Hill
:ok Top dollar this one I reckon.

Re: June 10 - June 16 Rule Britaniaa, I propably wrote too much but if you read it again I said Youzhny isn't a huge server and that's why Federer is usually able to mop him up but the way things are going this week for me he probably wont lol! Good luck with your bets today

Re: June 10 - June 16 Rule Britaniaa, if you think I am wrong in anything I write, please say so. I value opinions and I am not always right (usually wrong this week). I realise I was harsh with you one day during the French. Clay I think is the easiest surface on which to pick winners but if I go against proven clay court players as I did three times or go for players out of form on any surface then I deserve to get burned and if anyone wants to try to talk sense I will listen.

Rule Britaniaa' date=' if you think I am wrong in anything I write, please say so. I value opinions and I am not always right (usually wrong this week). I realise I was harsh with you one day during the French. Clay I think is the easiest surface on which to pick winners but if I go against proven clay court players as I did three times or go for players out of form on any surface then I deserve to get burned and if anyone wants to try to talk sense I will listen.[/quote'] What are you talking about mate? I am just creating a discussion. Forget it mate.