** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

June 10 - June 16

Re: June 10 - June 16 2.5pts R.Federer Vs M.Zverev - Under 18.5 games 2.00 Bet365 I can't see this going any more than straight sets and I don't see Zverev getting more than 6 games either. Quite a nice early price here so going to take it now. Federer has made little work so far of his opponents and will want to be fresh for his first big test in the next round against (touch wood Monfils) 2pts L.Hewitt to beat Del Potro 2.75 Bet365 1pt Hewitt to win 2-0 4.50 Once again going to go with Hewitt. Just looks so strong right now on his serve and I don't think Del Potro has really been tested yet. Evans looked like the moment got to him but Hewitt has been there before and he wont crumble under the pressure. If he gets in early and wins the first set it wouldn't suprise me if Del Potro gave in and started having his mind wander to Wimbledon. May be tempted on Becker also but that's all for now.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: June 10 - June 16 Kudla +4.5 games vs Tsonga 5 points win 10/11 Ladbrokes. Kudla the 20 year old from the US has impressed this week winning his matches easily. Tsonga on the other had has struggled and complained of being tired and sore today. Kudla could easily cause an upset but even so this handicap looks a very safe bet unless he totally freezes. Murray vs Becker Total number of games under 20.5 5 points win Ladbrokes 5/6. Although Becker is playing well I don't feel that he will be able to stay with Murray on what I have seen this week. A break in both sets early on would seal it for Murray and I expect him to come through untroubled again. Interested in the Berdych/Cilic, Hantuchova/Schiavone, Kohlschreiber/Youzhny and Halep/Safarova matches - awaiting all the odds to see if there is any value

Re: June 10 - June 16 Berdych -3 Games v Cilic - Pinnacle @ 2.02 This match features Berdych ranked 6th in the world and Previous winner here Cilic. Cilic is in some pretty poor form recently winning just 5 of his last 10 matches. Losing matches to the likes of Troicki, Anderson, Andujar Alba and Dodig. Where as Berdych has won 8 of his last 11 matches, only losing to the likes of Nadal, Monfils and Wawrinka. I think Berdych is a level above Cilic really, iv been unimpressed with Cilic in his opening two matches against weaker opponents than him. He has only won 52.4% of the available points this tournament, which is pretty poor considering his impressive grass court record. On the other hand Berdych has won his opening two games relatively easily, also he has not dropped a set. He would of also covered this handicap in these opening matches. Berdych has won an impressive 60.4% of the available points this tournament a big improvement on Cilic's record. Also Berdych has won 70.6% of the available games compared to Cilic who has won 55.6% of his games. Berdych is also leading the head to head 4-1, Berdych would of covered this handicap on both of his last two matches against Cilic! Berdych is living in the same house as last year with his Mum and Dad who are watching him play, therefore he will be comfortable here and in a good frame of mind. Berdych has probably had the most consistent season of his career so far winning 31 matches to just 12 losses. Both have a very similar grass court record however Berdych is by far the more consistent and better player in my opinion. Cilic had his serve broke 3 times in his last match where as Berdych has yet to been broken in his opening two matches.

Re: June 10 - June 16 Florian Mayer to beat Richard Gasquet - 3.25 Ladbrokes - 4 points Mayer is a hit or miss player but we all know how good he can be when he is hit. Looking at his game, you can see how it would suit grass, he has this unconventional style of being able to get down low to awkward balls and get some zip on them. He's a player that can play on all surfaces, but I'd say it is harder to deal with what he has to offer on a fast court and especially a fast grass court. He is more dangerous off low bouncing balls and posseses this slice that can prove rather devasting on the surface. It is already clear that Gasquet is not too much at ease with Gasquet's game on grass, after he lost to him at last year's all England Championships. He serves well, smashes well and vollies well. If Mayer can hold himself together mentally then he has a very good chance, especially considering Gasquet had played a lot on clay and the transition after playing a lot on the clay, is not easy. Being at home should keep Mayer mentally in order. Agreed with Hewitt also guys, but can't be bothered with the writeup. Good luck all.

Re: June 10 - June 16 Back Florian Mayer to beat Richard Gasquet @ 3.35 >Betfair I've always found Florian Mayer a difficult player to get a handle on, due to his unorthodox style and erratic results. That said, he has been able to maintain his ranking for a few years now, and that's because he tends to do well in 250's such as this one. He sometimes disappears for large periods of the season, only to emerge at a tournament like this where he goes on a good run and takes down some notable scalps. He has had a solid, if unspectacular start in Germany, beating Fischer and his namesake Leonardo Mayer as expected. Gasquet has had one match so far, against Melzer, and whilst on paper that might look like a good result, Melzer is a shadow of his former self at the moment. Florian Mayer should give Gasquet a much sterner test, particularly as he was able to beat Gasquet on this surface at Wimbledon last year and is playing in his own country here. Gasquet is prone to losing these sorts of matches, the most recent example being against Gimeno-Traver on clay in Madrid, and so I think Florian Mayer has a good chance in this match. Back Lleyton Hewitt to beat Juan Martin Del Potro @ 2.94 >Betfair Hewitt seems to be inspired right now, and that's no surprise when you consider his record in this tournament and on grass. He made a slow start against Russell in his first match here, but recovered and won comfortably in the end. He was good value for his win against Dimitrov, and beating former champion Querrey in his last match is a decent piece of form. I think he can continue his run in this tournament against Del Potro, who really should have been knocked out in his first match against Malisse. Hewitt beat Del Potro on grass at Wimbledon a few years ago, and even though Del Potro should be more used to the surface by now, he still looks uncomfortable on it to me. That's not a good position to be in against a player like Hewitt, who knows his way around a grass court better than most. In addition, Hewitt has the ability to nullify Del Potro's serve, which takes away one of Del Potro's biggest strengths. I think it's possible that will affect Del Potro's morale, and I can see him folding pretty easily if things aren't going his way. Back Gael Monfils to beat Tommy Haas @ 3.15 >Betfair I went against Haas in his match against Gulbis, and in all honesty he was totally dominant. He had numerous break points and Gulbis couldn't get anywhere near his serve, and so I can see why he is favourite to win this match against Monfils. For me though, he shouldn't be this big a favourite, as Monfils is in good form at the moment. He also beat Haas the last time they met in Auckland at the start of the year, and he seems really motivated to get his ranking back to where it belongs. His win against Raonic in his first match here was a good result, even though Raonic perhaps isn't as comfortable yet on grass as he needs to be. Monfils has also withdrawn from Wimbledon, and that means he can focus all his efforts on doing well this week. Haas is a formidable opponent for anyone at the moment, but the flamboyant style of Monfils could hold the key to unlocking his consistent game, and so I think he is worth backing in this match. Back Philipp Kohlschreiber to beat Mikhail Youzhny @ 1.53 >Betfair It's rare that I back any player at this price, but it's hard to ignore Kohlschreiber's record against Youzhny. Although they have never met on grass, Kohlschreiber has beaten Youzhny seven times in the past on other surfaces. The only win that Youzhny has over Kohlschreiber came via retirement, and so there is obviously something about Kohlschreiber's game that Youzhny finds difficult to deal with. I'm sure that Youzhny will eventually beat Kohlschreiber again, but I don't think it will be in this match. Kohlschreiber has a good record at this tournament, he is the home player, and I think he is in better form than Youzhny. He took a set against Djokovic at the French Open, and he made light work of both Berlocq and Kamke in his first two matches here. By comparison, Youzhny was beaten easily at the French Open by Haas, and although he beat Gimeno-Traver without fuss in his first match of this tournament, he should have beaten Nishikori in straight sets in his last match but was taken to three sets. I think Kohlschreiber has a much more consistent level of play than Youzhny, and that he is a worthy favourite to beat him.

Florian Mayer to beat Richard Gasquet - 3.25 Ladbrokes - 4 points Mayer is a hit or miss player but we all know how good he can be when he is hit. Looking at his game, you can see how it would suit grass, he has this unconventional style of being able to get down low to awkward balls and get some zip on them. He's a player that can play on all surfaces, but I'd say it is harder to deal with what he has to offer on a fast court and especially a fast grass court. He is more dangerous off low bouncing balls and posseses this slice that can prove rather devasting on the surface. It is already clear that Gasquet is not too much at ease with Gasquet's game on grass, after he lost to him at last year's all England Championships. He serves well, smashes well and vollies well. If Mayer can hold himself together mentally then he has a very good chance, especially considering Gasquet had played a lot on clay and the transition after playing a lot on the clay, is not easy. Being at home should keep Mayer mentally in order. Agreed with Hewitt also guys, but can't be bothered with the writeup. Good luck all.
I meant too much at esse with florians game mistake. Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using PL Forum

Re: June 10 - June 16 1.5pts G.Monfils to beat T.Haas 3.00 Bet365 0.5pts G.Monfils to win 2-0 5.00 Bet365 Monfils has had a nice long rest in this tournament now, the way the games have panned out. Haas looked very good against Gulbis but I think the amount of break points handed back from Haas is a worry and the pure movement of Monfils can trouble Haas. To me, this (hopefully) will be why he can trouble Federer too so touch wood. The head to head is good for Monfils too. 2 played and 2 won. The third Monfils retired injured. On learning Monfils has decided to withdraw from Wimbledon is all the more reason for me to go for this bet. Thanks for that, Torque 2pts P.Kohlschreiber to beat M.Youzhny 2-0 2.00 Bet365 Id fancy Kohlschreiber to move forward here, on home turf. He hasn't dropped a set yet and I wouldn't be surprised if that continued also. He holds a 7-0 head to head with Youzhny and the only win Youzhny got was a retirement. None of those wins were on grass though, but I think even on the grass Id expect Kohl to win this fairly comfortable. Youzhny has had a fairly straight forward path against a clay-courter and a guy, in Nishikori who prefers the hard courts so this may be why we are getting a decent price. 2pts D.Vekic to beat S.Cirstea 2.20 Bet365 This young talented player has really impressed me this tournament. I must admit Id seen very little of her until now and on seeing her a set down in the previous round I expected her to wimp away yet she come back and won and with the serve she possesses I think she can do some further damage. 2.5pts F.Schiavone to beat D.Hantuchova 2.37 Bet365 Nice value here because I don't think Hant has played particularly well this tournament. She has been gifted chances throughout. Mladenovic should of beat her. She was a set and a break up and then did 2 double faults in a row. Schiavone is more experienced then that. She isn't going to be feeling the pressure like Mladenovic possibly did. The head-to-head shows 6 played and 3 wins each so I'll side with the more in-form player, in my opinion.

Re: June 10 - June 16 Back Denis Kudla to beat Jo-Wilfried Tsonga for a 1/10 stake at 9.55 with Pinnacle Back Denis Kudla (+1.5 sets) to beat Jo-Wilfried Tsonga for a 1/10 stake at 3.30 with Paddy Power Tsonga did not look too well in his two matches yesterday, so this looks worth a shot in my opinion. Kudla has managed to stroll through his three matches in London and seems to be playing really well, so fancy him to do something against the Frenchman today. The prices just look way off to me, even though Tsonga is obviously still a huge fav to win it. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kudla-vs-tsonga-betting-denis-kudla-might-be-worth-a-small-punt-against-the-frenchman-today-20130614 Back Gael Monfils to beat Tommy Haas for a 2/10 stake at 3.13 with Pinnacle I just have a feeling that all those impressive runs are starting to get to Haas, while Monfils seems to be getting better and better with every single match. He has certainly stopped clowning around and is playing well enough to beat Haas in my opinion, so this looks like a price worth taking to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/monfils-vs-haas-betting-gael-monfils-looks-value-against-the-german-legend-in-halle-20130614

Re: June 10 - June 16 Nes*, you seem to be treating this forum like a chat without bringing much value. While we appreciate every single view, your one-liners aren't really bringing that much to the discussion. Please consider changing your style and attitude. I understand that it might be tough if you don't feel too strong when writing in English, but come on, let's try a bit at least.

Re: June 10 - June 16 Besides agreeing with very much of Your picks (Hewitt, Kudla and Schiavone mostly), I'd like to suggest (and ask of opinions) of Cilic winniing or at least taking a set off Berdych. The defending champion who seems to be in good form basing on the stats. Berdych is leading H2H 4:1, but I have to mention that the maiden loss to Croat was on fast indor hard in Marseille '2011, where we had the most similar surface to grass.. and this match was pretty easy for Cilic.. what do You think, guys?

Re: June 10 - June 16 I have Berdych to win this tournament and I think he will get past Cilic but I also think Cilic may get a set. He looked sluggish at times against Zemlja and De Bakker and had break points against him. I think if he had played a better player he wouldn't of won them both in straight sets. It's an "avoid" match for me.

Re: June 10 - June 16 WTA Birmingham: Rybarikova to beat Keys @ 2.00 (Bet365:2/10) Should be a good match here. Keys is the younger player, beginning to make some waves on the main tour. She has some big shots and seems to like the grass, despite limited experience on it. She came through narrow wins over Tsurenko and Hampton before beating Barthel easily yesterday.....good results even though I dont read too much into the Barthel win as she is truly horrible right now and would struggle to beat most in this form...error machine. Rybarikova is the more experienced player here and loves the grass....she won this event back in 2009. She had a tight one with Johansson and then a good win over Flipkens which was a tricky match. Keys has the bigger game but gonna go with the more experienced player, and Rybarikova has some variety to thrown in. Tight one but willing to play her at EVEN money. :hope

WTA Birmingham: Rybarikova to beat Keys @ 2.00 (Bet365:2/10) Should be a good match here. Keys is the younger player, beginning to make some waves on the main tour. She has some big shots and seems to like the grass, despite limited experience on it. She came through narrow wins over Tsurenko and Hampton before beating Barthel easily yesterday.....good results even though I dont read too much into the Barthel win as she is truly horrible right now and would struggle to beat most in this form...error machine. Rybarikova is the more experienced player here and loves the grass....she won this event back in 2009. She had a tight one with Johansson and then a good win over Flipkens which was a tricky match. Keys has the bigger game but gonna go with the more experienced player, and Rybarikova has some variety to thrown in. Tight one but willing to play her at EVEN money. :hope
I fully agree, she is also a better player when games are tight, the amount of tight matches she's won this season is unreal. You mention experimence and that will be key. I already backed, her but improved my stake just now since youre with me mate. Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using PL Forum

Re: June 10 - June 16 Kohlschreiber to beat Youzhny 2-0 5 points win 11/10 Coral. Although Youzhny seems to like playing in Germany and on grass so to does Kohlschreiber. Both are in form but the telling statistic is 7-1 to Kohlschreiber with Youzhny's only win coming after a first set retirement. There have been a few straight set results too and with the support of the crowd and the ability to get inside Youzhny's head I expect another one here for Kohlschreiber. I cannot decide on a value bet in the Hantuchova/Schiavone or Berdych/Cilic matches. I think the odds are about right. I was also tempted to back Halep to beat Safarova 2-0 at 6/4 but didn't. I just think she will be far too consistent for the Czech. Anyway, good luck everyone!

Re: June 10 - June 16 Jo Wilfried Tsonga vs Denis Kudla over 2.5 sets 17/5 skybet these games have really caught up with him especially playing two matches yesterday i think it will a close match Philipp Kohlscheriber vs Mikhail Youzhny over 2.5 sets 11/8 skybet i think this will be a lot closer than what people think both playing well and they love this surface

Re: June 10 - June 16 Some great picks again Fader though most of us got the Berdych result wrong. I thought he would win in 2 close sets tbh. As for Rybarikova today, she struck the ball extremely well off the ground yesterday and served and volleyed well. Flipkens self destructed in the first set tiebreak, but still.. I thought Keys might win today but not enough to back her. Her inexperience on grass (apart from this week) was enough to put me off. It was a major oversight on my part not to go with Hewitt, but there you go...

Re: June 10 - June 16 Tsonga/Kudla Tiebreak in match? YES at 2/1 with Ladbrokes Tsonga/Kudla Kudla(+4.5) games at 10/11 with Paddy Power Basically betting against Tsonga here. He looked tired in his second match yesterday nad Kudla has been winning a high percentage of points on his serve, so I don't see Tsonga breaking him much. But assuming Tsonga will also be tough to break I think the tiebreak bet is a strong one, especially if it goes 3 sets.

Re: June 10 - June 16 I'm all over Haas at 11-4 to beat Federer. Yes, Federer won 6-0 6-0, yes Federer is fantastic on grass etc, I just have a feeling Haas will be the player more up for this match. On his home patch, coming towards the end of his career ( perhaps his final year ) Haas is in really the form of his life. Just got to the French open for the first time, and two good wins so far v Gulbis, and a great comeback today vs Monfills who himself is in good form.

Re: June 10 - June 16 Yeah frankly crazy odds on Federer there. Haas is in the best shape he's been in for years and he's quality on grass. Federer is obviously the master on the green stuff but the match will surely be closer than those odds suggest. I'd say Haas on a + handicap, overs games(if line is 21 or 22), tie-break or Haas to win a set are all viable options in that one.

Re: June 10 - June 16 Roger Federer vs Tommy Haas over 22.5 games 4/5 paddy power two players who are great on grass and Haas is playing the best tennis of his life so this should be a classic Mikhail Youznhy vs Richard Gasquet over 22.5 games 10/11 paddy power this should be three sets and plenty of breaks of serve Youznhy had a great win in the previous round and his opponent is playing great