** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

June 10 - June 16

Re: June 10 - June 16 Back Lleyton Hewitt to beat Grigor Dimitrov for a 2/10 stake at 2.93 with Pinnacle Dimitrov is naturally the favourite here, but these odds look worth taking to me nonetheless. The Bulgarian was not particularly impressive against Sela, even coming close to losing that match. An experienced guy like Hewitt would have taken him out on that day and I wouldn't be surprised by seeing him actually doing that today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hewitt-vs-dimitrov-betting-lleyton-hewitt-looks-value-against-the-talented-bulgarian-20130612 Back Julia Goerges to beat Andrea Petkovic for a 2/10 stake at 2.99 with Pinnacle Petkovic won quite easily yesterday, but I saw the match and I have to say that I was not impressed at all. She was making plenty of errors in easy situations and a performance like that shouldn't be enough against Goerges, who did well to beat Cadantu in straight sets. Goerges obviously isn't playing on a high right now, but she still has enough quality to overcome this challenge in my opinion. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/goerges-vs-petkovic-betting-julia-goerges-has-what-it-takes-to-challenge-andrea-petkovic-20130612

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: June 10 - June 16 So disappointed that Hampton went out lastnight to Keys. A match she should of won and was a set up and break points, she really could of gone on a run here. Point loss on her as an outright. Still a few open such as Berdych, Monfils & Mladenovic and Hewitt single bet today. Current bank is +4.88 on to today's action. 2pts M.Youzhny to beat K.Nishikori 2.00 Bet365 [Halle] First round for Youzhny he looked very impressive, beating Traver in straight sets. He done well here last year, getting to the Semi-finals before getting to the quarters of Wimbledon (losing both to Federer) and he will want to go deep here. Nishikori, although liking the harder courts hasn't been on grass for a while and the extra game in round 1 would of perhaps been beneficial. 1.5pts I.Dodig to beat M.Cilic 3.25 Bet365 [Queens] Plenty of value here. Another player who got a bye (due to winning last year) is Cilic and I think he might be abit rusty here. Dodig fought hard in his first round match against Ward and I think if he can start well, he could take a scalp here. They have played 3 times and Dodig holds a 2-1 head to head, albeit on the clay. 2pts D.Hantuchkova vs L.Robson - Over 21.5 games 1.90 Bet365 [birmingham] I think this one will be a close one. Id rate Hantch as the better player, but Robson will certainly have the crowd so instead of picking a winner (both 1.83) I will go down the games line. These 2 have played twice, both with Hantch although one of the matches was in 2009 and the other, in December was on the hard court and Robson was hampered with injuries.

Re: June 10 - June 16 not watching janowic-basic too zverev goffin, counting on a nice price 1.5 and better rank and maybe higher expirience of zverev (still got Goffin) , and good day of basic against janowic bad, and my intuition :)

Re: June 10 - June 16 youzhny is a good pick and one for single but maybe can go on over hm..(counting on a 3 sets), he had a nice play yesterday and nishikori not have any game this year on grass, it will be interesting match

Re: June 10 - June 16 I've watched Zverev and he was all about serve and volley. Almost all points. Goffin made some easy mistakes but Zverev was powerful in rallies. He approached the net as well during the services of Goffin. I have not seen Basic however.

Re: June 10 - June 16 Poor day for me yesterday, emphasized by Malisse choking big time in the third set. Will update the P/L after today but in a rush so will put my picks for today up. Santiago Giraldo (+2.5 games) vs Alexandr Dolgopolov- 4/5 Bet365- (4/10) Can't be backing Dolgopolov in any capacity right now and feel Giraldo has a chance in this one. The Colombian has already come through a game on the grass, an impressive win against Jesse Levine who is decent on this surface so he should be confident. Dolgopolov hasn't played since being ousted by Tursunov in the first round in Paris which was a really poor result for him and in the past couple of years, he's been really poor on the grass. Even on the clay this year, he really didn't have the best of times and he's been beaten by some average players on the quicker courts this year. Giraldo has won the only previous meeting and should have his chances in this one. Dolgopolov is wildly inconsistent still so think the handicap on Giraldo looks decent. Kevin Anderson (-3.5 games) vs Kenny de Schepper- 10/11 Bet365- (4/10) Already on the South African outright and think he'll win his first match on the grass a shade cosily than the odds suggest. De Schepper beat Ram in 3 sets yesterday but he still offered up quite a few break points in that match which is a worry because he's unlikely to be doing much on Anderson's serve. It should be quite a serve fest but I think Anderson will offer more on return and that should see him through this one and the handicap is low enough to cover even with a handicap. Andy Murray vs Nicolas Mahut- Over 20.5 games- 4/5 Bet365- (4/10) There's really no guarantees over Murray's fitness here even though he has said he feels fine. Even at 100% Mahut can cause him problems on grass as we saw 12 months ago. I do think Murray will come through this one eventually, but with the serve that Mahut possesses, he should be able to stay close to the Scot, and one really tight set should see the line through. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga vs Edouard Roger-Vasselin- Over 21.5 games- 5/6 Bet365- (4/10) Price has just dropped on this one but the line still looks low. Tsonga is extremely dangerous on this surface but he may need a game or two to really adjust to conditions. Roger-Vasselin is solid enough on the grass, and performed well here 12 months ago, where he made the third round, beating Andy Roddick en route so he has points to defend here so he'll give it his all. This line was covered the last time the two met back in Marseille in 2012 and with Tsonga perhaps yet to find his feet on the grass, the overs look a good call to me. Denis Istomin to beat Igor Sijsling- 10/11 Coral- (3/10) Wrong favourite for me here. Istomin's form may be poor but he usually does okay on the grass and never enjoys the clay season much anyway. He had a good grass season last year, making the fourth round at SW19 and then pushed Federer at the Olympics which shows how his game is more suited to the grass. Sijsling had a better clay swing than Istomin, but whether he'll be able to return enough balls against Istomin's powerful ground strokes I have doubts over. Istomin already beat him earlier in the year at the Aussie Open and now on Istomin's arguably best surface, I think he deserves to be a bit shorter than he is here.

Re: June 10 - June 16 Kichenok +4.5 games vs Schiavone 5 points win 4/5 BetVictor Kichenok to beat Schiavone 1 point win 9/4 Ladbrokes Here we have the young Ukranian Kichenok vs Schiavone the flamboyant Italian. Schiavone was not impressive yesterday in beating Tatishvilli and could be surprised by her younger opponent today who qualified and then scored an impressive straight sets win over Babos. The reason I am going for the underdog is down to the form and motivation of Schiavone in this tournament. When serving for the match yesterday she played some very strange shots, like someone who wasn't really bothered whether she won or not. She wanted time on grass for Wimbledon. She has that now and I wonder whether she will try 100% against an opponent who certainly will. In any event I expect the Ukrainian to cover the handicap easily. Mahut +4.5 games vs Murray 5 points win 4/5 BetVictor Total Mahut games over 8.5 vs Murray 5 points win 10/11 Paddy Power Mahut to beat Murray 1 point win 11/2 Bet365 Mahut beat Murray last year here and his serve is such a potent weapon on grass that I don't see too many breaks for Murray. If Murray starts slowly that could mean the end of the first set. This is not Wimbledon and while Murray would love to win the tournament the main aim is Wimbledon. I expect either a close win for Murray 7-6 6-3 at worst or a Mahut win. Either way I think both the handicap and total Mahut games is a very solid bet. Rosol to beat Becker 5 points win 5/4 Stan James Becker beat the out of sorts Tomic yesterday while Rosol came back from a set down to beat Groth the aussie with the very powerful serve. He broke him 3 times in the match which was a good result. Rosol has made great strides this year, now just ranked outside the top 30 while Becker has slipped just outside the top 100. Defeating Nadal at Wimbledon aside it is Becker who has a far better grass court record so far. However Rosol should be confident given that he is playing well and winning fairly consistently and his head should be in a better place than Tomic who Becker beat yesterday.

Re: June 10 - June 16 Meh! Okay day I suppose. Mladenovic moves on to play Hantuchova in the next round. Monfils is through to play Haas/Gulbis and Berdych is through to play Zemlja so some outrights still in the mix. In the singles Hewitt come through easily, in straight sets. Robson was very poor going out in straight sets so did not cover the total games and Dodig lost in straights so leave the thread P/L +6.88

Re: June 10 - June 16

Berdych -4.5 v De Bakker - Paddy Power @ 1.83 This match features Berdych ranked 6th in the world and De Bakker ranked 91st. Firstly im not sure whether this match will go ahead today due to the awful weather forecast. However if it does not go ahead I think this will favour Berdych as he is leaving in the same house as last year with his Mum and Dad who are watching him play, therefore he will be comfortable here. Berdych has probably had the most consistent season of his career so far winning 29 matches to just 12 loses. These two have only met once and this was in 2010 in Miami where Berdych won 2 sets to 0, and would of covered this handicap. This is Berdych's first grass court match of the year but he has a good grass court record winning 38 matches to just 17 loses. Also reaching the Wimbledon final in 2010 beating Federer and Djokovic along the way. De Bakker on the other hand has only played 14 grass court matches winning 7 and losing 7. Every player Berdych has played outside the top 90 in the world rankings this season he has won in straight sets (5 Times) Berdych is in good form recently beating Djokovic and Murray on clay. Where as De Bakker has only won 4 on his last 9 matches. I think these odds may be show real value as Berdych is the much better player. Pinnacle are offering odds on the same market at 1.67! Much worst than Paddy Power's!
Good start to the grass season! Thats now 2/2 Berdych looks like he could be in contention to win Queens as tipped! Poor 2nd set by Berdych, still managed to get through it!

Re: June 10 - June 16 An absolutely terrible day for me today with Becker beating Rosol and Schiavone winning by 5 games. -11 points so far. And if Mahut doesn't take Murray to a second set tiebreak (and it looks as though he won't) it will be the worst day of the entire year for me!:sad

Re: June 10 - June 16 Just the one for me at Halle : 2.5pts Haas to win 2-0 2.10 Bet365. The defending champion plays in his first game of the tournament tomorrow and I think he will win comfortably. Haas and Gulbis have played 4 times and both have 2 wins under their belt, but both of Gulbis wins were on his favoured hard court. On grass, I think Haas is a much better player then Gulbis. He has got himself up to 11th in the world now and has gone deep in the majority of tournaments he has played this year. On the grass last year he beat both Federer and Berdych to win this event whilst Gulbis has a 5/11 win/loss on the grass. At Queen's : 2pts L.Hewitt to beat S.Querrey 2.00 Bet365 I will side to the veteran again here. He just knows the grass too well here. Querrey didn't impress me in his previous round, beating Bedene despite having match points against Sam and Leyton for me has been the opposite. I've been very impressed with his attitude and play last few days. Querrey prefers the hard courts and although he more than capable of winning games on the grass I don't see him matching Hewitt, who I think can get to the Semi finals atleast at Queen's. 2pts D.Kudla to beat De Schepper 2.00 Bet365 Another player who has impressed me this tournament is Kudla. Beating Baker and Paire along the way he has done well to dispatch what is in front of him and I really feel that De Schepper is lucky to be here. He got had Ram in round 1 and then got bopanna in round 2 because Anderson was unfit to play. Just think Kudla will take his chance here. 1pt Evans to beat Del Potro 8.00 Bet365 : ) Team GBR!!! Evans has been a lion last few rounds and I think with a possible unfit Del Potro who should not even BE here if it wernt for Malisse giving it to him, he could have a chance. One thing I like about Evans is he is a fighter. Even when breaks down he comes back. I never would of give him a hope in hell but I think 7/1 is abit of value here so I'll throw a point at it. Now at Birmingham : 1.5pts Lucic-Baroni to beat Lisicki 3.75 Bet365 0.5pts Lucic-Baroni to win 2-0 6.00 Bet365 Lucic-Baroni has been brilliant so far in this tournament winning both her rounds in straight sets. She first beat Pliskova and then perhaps suprisingly beat Wickmayer in straight sets too. She is a handy player on grass and last year at Wimbledon after winning 3 qualifying games (all in straight sets) she went on to beat 9th seed Bartoli in straight sets too and only got edged out by Vinci (7-6 7-6) so she has some quality on the grass. Lisicki got a bye in round 1 and beat Pliskova in straight sets herself but I'm going to side with the value here and hope for an upset.

Re: June 10 - June 16 Simple treble for me here, Haas/Hewitt/Becker - reasons as follows- Haas is having a cracking year, and always has been good on grass. He COULD potentially make the Wimbledon semi should the draw open up. Gulbis is such a strange player. Has all the shots, however his mentality is very frail. He's another Nalbandian to me, special, but will not fulfill his potential. The grass will very much suit Haas more than Gulbis, with a lower bounce and a quicker surface. Haas consistent backhand should see him through. However, I wouldn't be surprised if this went 3. Haas has at least warmed up by playing on Grass with Federer ( albeit a loss ) Gulbis is more than capable of taking the first set then not having any idea how to close it out. He needs to stop clubbing etc...! Hewitt didn't face one break point today v Dimitrov, which is exceptional. He must have served one hell of a lot better than the garbage I saw him serve first round. Fitness could be the issue. However, as we know Querrey has one massive serve which could frustrate Lleyton. I'm going to side with Hewitt as I thought they may have been priced up 5/6 each.... Becker looks a long price to me also. Quality on a grass court ( missing the other 48 weeks of the year ) I backed him to beat the highly overrated Tomic. What's all the fuss about this Ozzy? Yet to see it myself. Becker is an absolute nightmare to break on grass. Dolgopolov for me is another hugely overrated player, and I never have a clue which version will turn up. I fancy Becker.

Re: June 10 - June 16 Back Ernests Gulbis to beat Tommy Haas @ 2.90 >Betfair I think this match could be close, and for that reason I can't back Haas as such a strong favourite. They have met four times previously, with each player winning twice, and neither player has managed to win in straight sets. If Gulbis plays to his potential then he is certainly capable of beating Haas, and his win against Baghdatis in three sets in his first match here suggests to me that he is motivated this week. Although Gulbis is a bit of an enigma, and so consequently it can be difficult to know how he might perform, I'm much happier to back him when he is rated as the underdog. From what I've seen of him in the past, I think he relishes the challenge of playing the best players and showing that he can beat them. When he is the favourite and playing lesser players he almost seems to get bored, and I think that might in some way explain some of the poor performances that he has given in his career so far. This season though, he seems to be far more focussed and it has showed in his results, and whilst Haas has also had a good season and is the more consistent player, I wouldn't be surprised if Gulbis beat him in this match.

Re: June 10 - June 16 Back Lleyton Hewitt to beat Sam Querrey for a 2/10 stake at 1.83 with Unibet Backing Hewitt once again, as he looked quite good against Dimitrov yesterday. On the other hand, Querrey has been hardly impressive so far and might easily struggle against such an experienced opponent. The American prevailed in San Jose a few months ago, but I expect Hewitt to get his revenge today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hewitt-vs-querrey-betting-lleyton-hewitt-should-be-able-to-defeat-the-american-today-20130613 Back Francesca Schiavone to beat Marina Erakovic for a 2/10 stake at 2.66 with Pinnacle Not sure what this price is all about, as Schiavone is usually able to get through this sort of matches even when not playing particularly well due to her experience and attitude. For me, Erakovic is still a fairly average player and the victory over Makarova is not enough to convince me about that assessment not being true. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/schiavone-vs-erakovic-betting-francesca-schiavone-looks-overpriced-against-marina-erakovic-20130613

Re: June 10 - June 16 2pts Over 21.5 games D.Hantuchova vs K.Mladenovic 1.80 Bet365 1pt K.Mladenovic to win 2.75 Bet365 I think this one is going to be a close one. I am reluctant to bet on Mladenovic with a higher stake because I have her to win the tournament and I always feel like you're tempting fate. Main bet here is the overs and I think this because last couple of rounds for both have been abit misleading. Mlad in round 1 didn't look too great but I think this is because she had a British player she was against and the crowd really push these players along. Second round she really stepped it up and beat Konta easily. Hant is a different prospect but I don't think she has played all that well. She was practically given the game in her last round with Robson, who really doesn't look up to it and I think with Mlad who can serve very well and attack the strokes she is going to have problems.

Re: June 10 - June 16 WTA Birmingham: Lisicki vs Lucic OVER 20.5 games @ 5/6 (Bet365:3/10) Two girls who like the grass here. Lisicki had a fairly comfy 6-4 6-2 win over Pliskova but I feel this one might be a little tougher. You never know what you'll get with Lucic but she does like the grass and has the game for it. All depends on how she's serving today to see if she can keep it tight...she's got a coupe of easy wins so far this week over the other Pliskova and handily beat Wickmayer aswell with a bagel thrown in. Winning alot of pts behind her first serve. Think she can give Lisicki something to think about here, at least make one set tight or maybe nick one. :hope

Re: June 10 - June 16 Kudla to beat de Schepper 5 points win Bet365 5/4 I cannot understand these odds at all. De Schepper has beaten 2 relatively weak opponents while Kudla's win over the useful Paire reads much stronger. Add to that the fact that Kudla is only 20 and improving and you have a very strong case. I think he will win today. Petkovic to beat Beck 2-0 5 points win 5/6 Paddy Power Petkovic is playing well again and easily brushed aside her disappointing compatriot Georges in the last round. Beck is promising but I think her compatriot will have far too many guns for her today. Flipkens to beat Rybarikova 5 points win 3/4 BetVictor. The head to head reads 2-2 including a narrow 3 set victory by Rybarikova in Memphis on a hrad court earlier in the season. Flipkens was a little slow to find her form yeasterday against Tomljanovic (who whipped defending champion Oudin in the first round). But Flipkens will improve today and has a great game for grass, good serve, slices and volleys against the power hitting of Rybarikova. Runner up to Petrova last year at Den Bosch on grass she is at a career high ranking and I expect her to capitalise on that this week.

Re: June 10 - June 16 Finally a little bit of luck from yesterday's bets with Mahut winning over 8.5 games and winning in the handicap against Murray. That brings yesterday's losses to -3.5 points but still +1.6 points in front going into today. Murray wasn't as sharp as yesterday but still played extremely well against a dangerous opponent. Anyway I'm happy enough

Re: June 10 - June 16 Murray vs Matosevic Total games under 19.5 10/11 Paddy Power. I think there is a gulf between these two and it depends on Murray tbh. Matosevic is here having beaten lucky loser Nielsen and a walk over. The arguments against the total games is that Murray played earlier today (almost a set) and that it is a warm up tournament for Wimbledon. However Murray looked like a man who wanted to win it during his defeat of Mahut. I would consider Mahut a far better grasscourt player than Matosevic with a better service, volley and all round attacking game. If Matosevic plays from the baseline he has very little chance of hurting Murray consistantly. Unfortunately for him he is a baseliner. I would be surprised if Murray doesn't break him at least 3 times in the match and that should cover the total games under line easily. The other thing for Murray is that I think he will want the match over quickly so that he is as fresh as he can be for his quarter final match. Total games under 19.5 5 points win 10/11 Paddy Power

Re: June 10 - June 16 Covered Haas in play, he's wasted 16 break points so far. Is Haas going for the records again!? Anyway, put small ££££ on Gulbis at 10-1 in play at 0-40 start of set two. Surely what we have to do when betting and unsure ( Need Haas for my treble ) Hewitt at 2-1 to beat Del Potro = ridiculous. Del Potro isn't great on grass, was very poor before this round before dismantling Daniel Evans. Hewitt did extremely well to come from a set behind to Querrey ( wasted two set points at the end of the first ) and must be playing reasonably well to beat both Dimitrov and Querry. Seems a decent price to me anyway.

Re: June 10 - June 16 A mixed day for me with Kudla doing the business and the under games line comfortably coming through in the Murray/Matosevic match. Petkovic did have too many guns for Beck (just) but unfortunately she lost the first set while Flipkens self destructed when 4-0 up in the first set tiebreak having had 5 setpoints on the previous Rybarikove service game. Still it is a small profit of 0.75 taking me up to a mere + 2.35 points for the week so far. Some terrific picks from the Fader and CzechPunter Haas 2-0 and Hewitt were good picks along with Schiavone who I thought had a chance of losing either of her first 2 matches. Also the overs in the Hantuchova match was good also. Tomorrow is another day so let's make the bookies pay!

Re: June 10 - June 16 Arghh !! Baroni 1-1 and a break point up. Mladenovic 1-0 up and a break up and then 1-1 and a break up and she loses too : ( Nevertheless, decent day. I pretty much put the kosh on Mladenovic so she was always going to go out but Schiavone will get my revenge anyways. -1pt on the outright there and with Berdych and Monfils still in the mix for the outright the bank goes to + 10.23 pts