fintron

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re: Wolverhampton Declare FOURTEEN race card on Saturday

Who would really go for all 14 races? I'd be bored after about 8, probably freezing cold and just want to go home.
Same here. Last time I went to Wolves was with Wizzkid Walter and another mate of ours, and there can't have been more than a few dozen people in the stand that night. There must have only been three or four bookies too. It was a bit windy and rainy and one of the bookies went home midway through the night. It was a few years ago now, think it must have been a Friday, and it made me wonder how they make it financially viable even to open. Must be getting plenty of money from the bookies.

Same here. Last time I went to Wolves was with Wizzkid Walter and another mate of ours' date=' and there can't have been more than a few dozen people in the stand that night. There must have only been three or four bookies too. It was a bit windy and rainy and one of the bookies went home midway through the night. It was a few years ago now, think it must have been a Friday, and it made me wonder how they make it financially viable even to open. Must be getting plenty of money from the bookies.[/quote'] Garbage in Garbage out. I d rather peel potatoes for 8 hours than try in make a day out of that rubbish. Soccer live feeds, and Jeff n the boys with all the updates, with the heating on, Hot tea n crumpets on tap, Difficult decision.:loon

Re: Wolverhampton Declare FOURTEEN race card on Saturday Why these cynical comments guys? Where is the problem? It's a double fixture. If you don't like it, okay that's fair enough, but no one is forcing you to do so. You simply don't need to go, don't need to watch the races and don't need to bet... so why bother? Have been to Wolverhampton myself this year and found it a really nice track, very relaxed and enjoyable to watch racing with decent enough facilities. Sure, 14 races is a allot, but it's not like as if you'd be forced to stay there from 2.05 until the last race. You're a free person to come and go whenever you want. As a person who loves racing I'd love to make it to this race day myself if I could. Have a few pints, eat something, have a chat with the people, watch racing, have some bets, watch the other big races on the screens... and leave when I have enough.

Re: Wolverhampton Declare FOURTEEN race card on Saturday 14 races just seems very excessive. it begs the question, to whose benefit? I have enjoyed my two visits there, as you say, the facilities are good, but 14 races of low-grade all-weather dross is too much even for the purist? Even if York arranged a card of 14 group 1's I'd have had enough by half way.

Re: Wolverhampton Declare FOURTEEN race card on Saturday They only do it so the bookies will have racing all day, something to show, its not for the racing fan, its for the turnover. Im cynical, because this dross is flawed, and if you need to have a bet on the horses each day, then its right up your street. I know Cheltenham is on, as well as Fairyhouse, and Ling... with optimism from doncaster. That is more than enough for the racing enthusiast to get their teeth into, But as we all know the enemy like to catch the sprats, especially with Horses that are very limited at best. So an 8 race card starting at 6pm Would have been more than enough. Maybe its me,, just Joe Cynical.

Garbage in Garbage out. I d rather peel potatoes for 8 hours than try in make a day out of that rubbish. Soccer live feeds, and Jeff n the boys with all the updates, with the heating on, Hot tea n crumpets on tap, Difficult decision.:loon
Mmmmmm Crumpets. See Crumpets. crumpets.jpg

Re: Wolverhampton Declare FOURTEEN race card on Saturday Don't forget folks that the afternoon card is basically the Southwell card of one of the days that Southwell lost after the floods...............the evening card is just the normal Wolves evening meeting So this isn't going to be a regular thing - it's a one-off because of the flooding at Southwell

Re: Wolverhampton Declare FOURTEEN race card on Saturday This is always gonna split people this sort of thing! It has been put on to replace one of Southwells biggest cards of the year they dont get many saturday cards, also worth remembering there has been no AW action in north recently with both Southwell and Wolves out of action so plenty of the northern trainers will be glad of the opportunites! There is another card like this one Friday I believe at beginning of January

Re: Wolverhampton Declare FOURTEEN race card on Saturday I know they can't Jay, if there only gonna be putting up £2k for prize money and stuff the banding of the races is always gonna be low. All horses declared for the meeting knowing it was at Wolves though - they knew weeks ago this wasnt gonna be run on sand. The thing that pisses me off is that they split the cards down into more races which means more opportunities for mug punters to lose money in shops and poorer each way terms. Small fields are poor betting races, there are pace biases that make them trickier for punters and they're also prone to losing runners so the EW terms are reduced. I'd much prefer a seven race card with 14 runner fields than a 14 runner card with a load of 8 runner races. You're never gonna get big prices in 8/1 runner fields and get the chance to smash the bookies in.

Re: Wolverhampton Declare FOURTEEN race card on Saturday Fintron, Thats just it, Manipulation of the sport is what's happening, and the large bookmakers hold all the keys.. I have witnessed so much market corruption in the last 2 years, They deserve jail time. Horses at the start that are clearly not going to run, forced down when there is not a penny for them, just so the deduction can be increased. Horses forced down in the morning betting, and just when they can get the maximum deduction against early prices they are withdrawn.. E/WAY terms are a joke. People should stay away in the main, unless they really think they have an advantage at a price etc, but that is rare. GL all

Fintron, Thats just it, Manipulation of the sport is what's happening, and the large bookmakers hold all the keys.. I have witnessed so much market corruption in the last 2 years, They deserve jail time. Horses at the start that are clearly not going to run, forced down when there is not a penny for them, just so the deduction can be increased. Horses forced down in the morning betting, and just when they can get the maximum deduction against early prices they are withdrawn.. E/WAY terms are a joke. People should stay away in the main, unless they really think they have an advantage at a price etc, but that is rare. GL all
I never thought to look at this until Whoneedsrio recently pointed it out on here, but I have now noticed a few of those you mention.....they are declared non runners the night before but the bookies leave them in the betting. Then when morning comes they shorten them up to max out the Rule 4, before then pulling them from their betting.

Re: Wolverhampton Declare FOURTEEN race card on Saturday I wonder if they BHA keep a record of the number of horses pulled out by each trainer. You see time and time again horses that have no realistic chance of winning are pulled out in, say 16 runner or 8 runner fields. Bent trainer is happy since they get a brown envelope with £500 in - more than they could have every hoped to make from the prize money in the race itself, and the bookies are happy since they dont have to pay out on that fourth place to millions up and down the country

Re: Wolverhampton Declare FOURTEEN race card on Saturday Rio2014, I'm amazed you still watch racing full stop, you obviously have nothing positive to say about the game at all, a very bitter punter. I know your going to reply with i know this and i know that, and ive been done over blah de blah de blah, but to be honest mate its coming over poorly in my humble opinion. Why not start a discussion on something interesting about the game?? Must be something you like about Racing or is it all about getting inside information and getting to know contacts so you can screw the bookies for you?

Fintron, Thats just it, Manipulation of the sport is what's happening, and the large bookmakers hold all the keys.. I have witnessed so much market corruption in the last 2 years, They deserve jail time. Horses at the start that are clearly not going to run, forced down when there is not a penny for them, just so the deduction can be increased. Horses forced down in the morning betting, and just when they can get the maximum deduction against early prices they are withdrawn.. E/WAY terms are a joke. People should stay away in the main, unless they really think they have an advantage at a price etc, but that is rare. GL all
To add, I don't overly disagree with much u say.... However, we still have a choice and if there comes a point where I can't turn a profit and I believe that to be down to corruption being too rife then I will stop.... Not a question. Here's a thought though - we do have the option to 'lay' as well and if the game is truly corrupt and easily manipulated (which it probably is!) maybe you/I/one would have more success following this avenue.... Keep posting - it's different at least but if Horse Racing is winding u up as much as it appears sometimes, I'd give it a swerve!! Ultimately, profitable punters (through corruption et al) need losing punters (who r being turned over by corruption!) in order to turn a profit!! You seem to kno your stuff but I absolutely do see where BH is coming from tbh.

Rio2014, I'm amazed you still watch racing full stop, you obviously have nothing positive to say about the game at all, a very bitter punter. I know your going to reply with i know this and i know that, and ive been done over blah de blah de blah, but to be honest mate its coming over poorly in my humble opinion. Why not start a discussion on something interesting about the game?? Must be something you like about Racing or is it all about getting inside information and getting to know contacts so you can screw the bookies for you?
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and i hear yours and the saint, and if you love the sport you love it. I used to be in the same pen as you, but there is far to much going on behind the scenes,,especially low grade to mug the punters. I have many positive things to say, but to quote Rubys interview on Irish tv(with John Mac), it was a real F***K the punters,,,He see's horses as a tool,....he basically said, the horse is born, you make money out of it, they die(start middle end)...Now thats a top jockey,,search for the interview youll find it,,John Mac is trying to get a punters view accross,,and he is totally dismissive. I am not a fan of John Mac BTW. Just another example ill give,, ATR one of the top racing Channels,, 90% of the time, a mike is put in front of someone representing a horse...before the race, The horse drifts, and runs average to poor,,you could lay them on there own and make a killing..last 1,,.1.40 ling, fav interviewed out of the frame, No follow this, and tell me im wrong, My theory, bookies run the station, ££££££££ input, they play the tune, and thats that. They want money for the one they want to lay. So any publicity is good in their eyes. BTW never miss aintree in April, best social occasion of the year.