** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD sat 14th July

No joy yesterday. again! I like the look of 2 tomorrow in Bated Breath and Jamsie. They both ran well at Ascot LTO and I think Jamsie will love the ground tomorrow. I won't bore anyone with the trends but he is a clear trends choice as is Bated Breath in the July cup. I had it down to 2 for the bunbury cup but the other Stevie Thunder is drawn 9 and I feel may be disadvantaged. Jamsie has finished 2nd twice in his last 2 starts in big handicaps and I'm hoping for 1 better tomorrow. I'll have money down on both though! Jamsie 1pt win @ 7/1 stan James 2.40 newmarket

Re: BBOTD sat 14th July bonnie brae 240 newmarket 10/1 betvictor form should be thrown out teh window here in what is in effect an elongated sprint which with such a big field will present trouble in running, bumps and barriers to all concerned. luck will be needed, a good jockey will be required. bonnie brae has the latter and if he gets the former could be seriously overpriced. has seen buckets of early cash and should go off fave. good draw, will relish conditions and has the optimum distance.

Re: BBOTD sat 14th July 1520 newmarket 1pt win ortensia 9/1 boylesports ran a poor race last time out at ascot, got worked up before the start,and hopefully can get settled before the race,if so we could witness something special here, man of the moment william buick takes the ride,and says he is impressed with the horse, can i just add his blog on att,is a good read imo

Re: BBOTD sat 14th July *Bonnie Brae - Newmarket 2:40* Ryan Moore rides this horse again, and should come here with a fair place chance. Is only 3 pounds higher than when a very good 2nd in the Victoria Cup at Ascot three runs back. Will love the soft conditions, is a C+D winner, and on this track from 2 runs has finished 1st and 2nd, never out of the places. Elsworth stable in good nick, and he has a sublime record on this track, 38 winners from 247 runners with a profit of +£60.96 to level stakes. *0.5 Points e/w @ 9/1 Bet365 BOG*

Re: BBOTD sat 14th July 3.00 York - Mijhaar - 1pt Win 4/1 Bet Fred Mijhaar has been called a few names but he has been running extremely well in these big handicaps and looks to have conditions in his favour here. By Shirocco he'll relish the ground and I think this is his trip. There was no disgrace in his last run going down by less than a length to Gatewood when conceding weight. Has track form after finishing 3rd here on his seasonal debut. Interesting that he wears the now famous 'hood' for the first time and hopefully it will assist.

Re: BBOTD sat 14th July Newmarket 140 - Ardmay 10/1 Bet365 BOG In a race full of unexposed types I think this one has shown the most so far yet still has the promise of much more to come. He recorded a reliable looking TS of 90 (RPR 96) at Ayr LTO beating a subsequent winner. He has bolted up on soft ground previously so conditions shouldnt be a concern. This is the best race he would have contested but I think he is well worth a punt at the odds.

Re: BBOTD sat 14th July 1:40 Newmarket: Bronze Angel 1pt win 8/1 Betfred Bronze Angel brings some quality Royal Ascot handicap form to the table. The Britannia is always fiercely competitive and Bronze Angel did not have the best of draws so did well to get close from a high draw when six of the first seven home had single figure draws. There are more lightly raced rivals in opposition today however Bronze Angel sets a decent benchmark.

Re: BBOTD sat 14th July N2.40 King of Jazz 0.5pt E/W 25/1 BetVictor I was on Jamesie a few weeks ago and felt a little unlucky so good luck to the guys on that one. At the price however, I think King of Jazz could go well off a decent mark in a first time visor. The conditions look ideal and the handicapper has loosened its grip a little of late to it may be able to capitalise here. It's been placed in some big field handicaps in the past off higher marks so I don't see why it's as big as 25/1 given than this could be it's optimum conditions. Looks like it's being nibbled at already so I'm hopeful of a big run.

Re: BBOTD sat 14th July 300 York - Area Fifty One - 8/1 - 365 A dry night may have helped this one. Showed improvement last season and once fit, has resumed winning ways, hacking up at Newmarket with Media Hype behind in 5th. Showed a very willing attitude, has a good draw in 10 with a good jockey up. Stable has been successful in this race before too.

Re: BBOTD sat 14th July 2.40 Newmarket Brunbury Cup BONNIE BRAE win @ 13/2 bog (Boylesports and many more) Lightly raced 5yo mare trained by David Elsworth who collected 4 wins and 4 seconds in 18 starts so far. One year ago (12 Jun) bolted up in a Salisbury handicap off 75 on very testing ground with Ryan Moore in the saddle and since that win kept on progressing winning over this course and distance a good class 2 handicap off 86 (23 Jul) and finished her 4yo campaign with another big win in a class 2 handicap over 7f on soft ground at Doncaster in November racing off a mark of 90 (TS 102 and RPR 104). After the winter break the mare came back better than ever to finish second at Ascot in the Victoria Cup on soft ground racing off 96, beaten 3/4L by Global Village who was receiving 8lb from the mare that day. Disappointed since racing on good to firm ground at Goodwood and on good ground at Royal Ascot in the Royal Hunt Cup racing both times off her new mark of 100 but back to her favourite surface (unbeaten on soft ground), which should be a problem for many of her today's rivals, and over a track she has won at (one of the two C&D winners among these), dropped to 99 so 1lb lower than last time out and just 3lb higher than when a close second in the Victoria Cup two months ago, from a good draw in stall nr. 12, with stable among the winners this month (1 winner from just 4 runners) and with Ryan Moore retained for the ride she has to go close with Jamesie and Atlantic Sport the main dangers but on a line through Global Village they could be a bit behind my selection if she would be able to get back to her best form here.

Re: BBOTD sat 14th July 3.25 Chester: Chesterbet City Plate (Listed) (7f) Interesting race full of hold up horses and difficult to know where the pace is going to come from. Maybe I Love Me from her inside draw will go on and will be tracked through by Majestic Myles and Our Jonathan who I think will fight out the finish. We can forgive the latter his poor run in abysmal conditions last time and is taken to get back to winning ways for popular owner Dr Marwan Koukash. Of the bigger priced horses Doncaster Rover will be rattling home late and could be the each way answer to the race. Selections: 1pt Our Jonathan 9/4 Betfred

Re: BBOTD sat 14th July 16.20 Newbury: Qaraaba @9/2 VC Improved mare this year as she started with a win in a class 4 Handicap at Kempton, and won then twice at Doncaster until she finished a good fourth in a Handicap Listed race at Ascot lto, where she had to overcome the widest draw and in result had to take a wide route in the closing stages to feature in the finish. She finished strongly in eye-catching style, gained loads of ground and gave me the impression she could have finished much closer in different circumstances than the 1½ lengths she has been beaten that day eventually. She won on soft ground impressively before that at Doncaster so today's ground won't be a problem. She has not many miles on the clock for a five year old and I think there is still more to come, so I expect a big run today.

Re: BBOTD sat 14th July 3:55 Newmarket - Bircham - Back Ran an absolute screamer on debut when 2nd to a subsequent winner at Royal Ascot. He confirmed that promise when winning lto and looks to have a decent future ahead of him. Plenty of withdrawals here which leaves only 3 runners and seemingly leaves the race at Bircham's mercy 1pt win @ 4/11 Paddy Power BOG

Re: BBOTD sat 14th July 5.30 Newbury SANSILI 3-1 paddy power BOG Won 3 times over this trip (twice over sticks, once on flat) albeit all on gd/fm ground. Last win on flat over distance was off a mark of 55, today carries 60 but claimer takes off 5. Beaten a head on soft ground last time out at Ffso Las so not concerned by the ground. A bit of a short price for me (I need a winner!!) but with other horses needing to improve to get their noses ahead and question marks about the ground with most, I'll stick with the favourite who is at least proven over this trip off today's (effected) mark.

Re: BBOTD sat 14th July QUALITY ART 2.50 Chester. 0.5 points each way. Not in the best of form, but ran on Thursday and showed that he may just be coming back to form now. Gets the plum draw here in stall 1 and can go from the front, so with the soft ground not being a concern & getting in off a mark of 86 again, Robert Winston may just be able to sneak a win with him. The price is big and well worth a pop. 16/1 Sporting Bet.

Re: BBOTD sat 14th July Mijhaar 3.00 York. 1 point win. All about the headgear working and if it does, then he should win this. Has bundles of ability and although too much of a thinker and head strong, he can win this with ease if he settles better. The track should suit well and hopefully he will sit in just behind and strike when he needs to. Very good horse and should be capable of winning this race. Ladbrokes 7/2 (bog)

Re: BBOTD sat 14th July Newmarket 3.20 - Society Rock 1pts win 7/2 BetVictor I don't think this July Cup looks as hot as it might have been given various horses leaving this race and or deciding not to run on the ground. One horse who you know will have no fear regarding these conditions is Society Rock. He was very unlucky in the Jubilee blowing the start and losing 4/5 lengths in the process had he would have gone close to beating Black Caviar imo. The only question mark is he isn't at his beloved Ascot...although he does have a Newmarket win to his name. If he breaks on terms he has the ability to win this.

Re: BBOTD sat 14th July 14.10 Newmarket: Birdman, 12/1 Boylesports, 1pt win Birdman won impressively lto in similar ground to today. He was held up a couple of lengths of the lead before quickening impressively 2f out, he led 1f out and ran on well to win comfortably by 3¼l. This is a big step up in class but there should be a bit of improvement to come and at the price he is worth a punt. Jockey Martin Lane has ridden this horse twice before winning both times.

Re: BBOTD sat 14th July 3.55 - Newmarket - Hasopop @ 7/2 BetVictor I feel that Marco Botti's Runner is closer to the fav than the prices suggest in this one. Ran a really good race to win last week at Yarmouth, and although that was on firmish ground he didnt fair too badly with some cut in the ground at Doncaster the time before. Ryan Moore booked and despite the form of the fav looking good i feel the soft ground could play a part in causing a shock here.

Re: BBOTD sat 14th July A replacement please for Bronze Angel BH... 3:35 York: Ponty Acclaim 1pt win 8/1 Paddy Power Ponty Acclaim drops back to Listed class here after running a fair race in the Kings Stand. She looks a decent sprinter and at this level should be involved. Ponty Acclaim will handle the going and she has run well at this course already this season, when behind Pearl Secret and ahead of Caledonia Lady. Tim Easterby is in decent form at the moment which enhances Ponty Acclaim's chances.

Re: BBOTD sat 14th July 3:35 York 0.5pt e-w Monsieur Joe @ 16/1 Bet365 I don't understand the prices here and Monsieur Joe looks overpriced looking at his run at Ascot last time where he finished ahead of all that reapose today apart from Caledonia Lady who he is 6lb better off with for around 2 lengths which would put them level, 6/1 Caledonia Lady and 16/1 Monsieur Joe looks a no brainer, Ponty Acclaim however is 1lb better off with the selection from that runand 7lb better off with Caledonia Lady and could be a danger but is only 8/1.

Re: BBOTD sat 14th July ........I see mine was a non runner.....next best then... SNOW HILL 5.05 Newmarket. 1 point win. More unexposed than most and can improve for today's track, trip and conditions. Handicapper has been fair in context with a mark of 76 and should be able to run a big race. 10/1 Bodog BOG

Re: BBOTD sat 14th July Longchamp 6.50 - Top Trip - win at 12/1 bog bet365 group one action on a Saturday evening in the 'real' French Derby Most of tonights runners ran in the 'Jockey Club' which was a rough race with too many runners, many forced wide, many hampered and with a winner who avoided all the trouble. About 10 horses finished in a bunch behind him including the ones running tonight Any of them could probably win but I like the fact that Top trip has been supplemented which shows some confidence. Plus the fact that he was running on strongly at the finish at Chantilly and should be suited by the full 'Derby' trip Imperial Monarch finished behind him and is 6/4 so 12/1 looks decent odds

Re: BBOTD sat 14th July 8:50 Hamilton - Master of Dance - 1pt win 7/1 Hills. No real recent form but trainer has had a winner at the track tonight so hopefully this horse may go well. Won on soft and heavy going in the past and over the distance so conditions there tonight shouldn't hinder it's chances too much. I'd like to see Fanning try to make all tonight or at least sit off the leader and push on close to home if possible as I really rate Fanning a lot when using these tactics. Touch wood this is a 'going' day for the horse!