Best Bet Of The Day Tuesday 20th of March

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Tuesday 20th of March *Ghost Train - Southwell 3:20* Fanning and Johnston are in scintillating form, and this horse has a golden opportunity to continue the team's upward curve. It had 2 average runs finishing 5th in both before stepping up on that form and finishing 2nd at Lingfield last time out. The horse is on an upward curve, and now entering handicap company for the first time can be expected to go one better and win this race against some exposed hardy rivals. It has the most progressive unexposed profile in the race, and with the stable and jockey hot, i have to be on the side of this favourite, and even though is 15/8, is worth a bet to me. *1 Point WIN @ 15/8 Paddy Power BOG*

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Tuesday 20th of March Yes Sir - 10/1 Bet 365 - 1710 Kempton 2 wins from three runs on the AW and posted a good speed figure when winnng here last. Only up 2lbs for that. Have to take fitness on trust but is a weak race. Crap write up - price about to go I would imagine! Edit - Yes Chef BH - apologies

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Tuesday 20th of March 16.50 Southwell: Hidden Glory @ 7/1 William Hill Interesting to see him being back at Southwell where he's 1/1 over course & distance. He won here in December 2010 off a mark of 83 and was only seen once after that at this track. His All-Weather mark slipped down now to a career lowest and despite a poor effort lto I think he's obviously well handicapped off a mark of 74. Two miles were just too far the last time and back to a much more adequate trip I do expect him to run a big race. I also like in this race the look of Light The City who could be able to follow up the recent success despite the rise in the mark, though a career best is required.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Tuesday 20th of March 15.10 - Kempton - Zaheeb @ 4/1 - BetVictor Only ran 4 times on the AW and is already 2/2 at Kempton. One of those victories was over C&D a fortnight ago with 4 in the field re-opposing tomorrow there seems to be no real threat for any of them to reverse the running. Seemed to win with a little in hand that day and only raised 4lbs in the handicap so doesnt look to harshly treated. William Carson onboard once again, should be in with a big chance.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Tuesday 20th of March

15.10 - Kempton - Zaheeb @ 4/1 - BetVictor Only ran 4 times on the AW and is already 2/2 at Kempton. One of those victories was over C&D a fortnight ago with 4 in the field re-opposing tomorrow there seems to be no real threat for any of them to reverse the running. Seemed to win with a little in hand that day and only raised 4lbs in the handicap so doesnt look to harshly treated. William Carson onboard once again, should be in with a big chance.
Here's hoping! Good Luck Lodge.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Tuesday 20th of March 4.40 Kempton Kempton Park (Supported By Betfair) Fillies´ Handicap Cl5 6f CUT THE CACKLE @ 9/1 bog (Paddy Power) Twelve fillies and mares for this Class 5 (0-70) sprint over 6f and I like the chances of the eldest of the group who is priced as a big outsider but I hope can run for the money here. Cut The Cackle has collected 4 wins, 3 seconds and 3 thirds in 37 starts in her career so far and won already here at Kempton over 7f in July 2010 off a mark of 70. She won her first two races in 2008 on turf over 5f but won again 6 weeks ago over today's trip of 6f at Lingfield (off 55). Last twice she came here at Kempton she ran over today's distance and finished 3rd and 2nd. Both times very close to the winner (close third in a 7f at Lingfield in between) and not very lucky in her trip especially the last time here at Kempton when she finished 2nd behind Rightcar she was more than unlucky and it's not a case that she easily won 9 days later at Lingfield even off 1lb higher. Of course those two efforts, as well as her last win, came off a lower mark but she registered good speed figures (she is a very quick finisher when she is on her good day) and for example her RPR were 59-60-64-65 in her 3rd at Kempton, 3rd at Lingfield, 2nd again here at Kempton and her win at Lingfield. Her close and unlucky second over C&D came with William Carson on board and her easy win at Lingfield once again with the talented jockey and those were his only rides with the mare, Carson who is enjoying his best ever AW season with 35 winners since the start of the 2010-11 AW campaign and 5 in the last fortnight and moreover he's been riding very well indeed in most of his rides and is a very interesting up and coming jockey even if he's not the youngest around. As far as concerned the trainer Richard Guest also for him this has been by far his best season and with his bigger yard at the moment he is one of the AW leaders (35 winners in this 2010-11 AW campaign and 7 winners and 7 seconds in the last fortnight). Going back to Cut The Cackle one of the main reasons for her big price is surely her last two performances when she beat only one horse home (in two races) collecting more than 10L from the winners. Well I'd like to forgive her both bad efforts as the first time she was racing at Lingfield over 6f off 61 but actually she was 1lb wrong and therefore 6lb higher than when winning over C&D seven days earlier and it transpired that she had lost her left front shoe while her last time out she raced at Southwell and her record on Fibresand reads 13th-8th-7th and moreover (as in her last second race) she had a difficult trip and a bad ride (Newmann and Duilio Da Silva rode her in those races). Amazing Win is a tough opponent since she is in very good form, won last time out and she is the only other runner who has ever recorded a win over this course. Anyway she has to face a 6lb higher mark and her win ended a 14-run losing streak (she had never won before) so it's not sure if she is so progressing and straightforward. Solid chance for sure but not for me at that price (7/2 atm). Sunny Side Up won a nursery over 6f at Wolverhampton after a break and was a good second next time out at Southwell but her last effort was pretty poor. Anyway she represents a top yard and is back after another break and could be another dangerous opponent even if her draw in stall nr. 11 surely doesn't help her chances that much. Dressed In Lace is another one that could run a good race as she was a good second behind Oratorian over C&D in January and forgiving her the next bad effort she could go close again today off her current mark of 69 that becomes more interesting getting the 3yo allowance here. Catalinas Diamond finally won on her 18th start over 6f at Lingfield in November and ran pretty well twice after that win. She doesn't look a worldbeater but should run another solid race and could be in the frame. The last danger imho is Secret Queen Still who won only one as a 2yo win and has been pretty inconsistent since but is nicely handicapped and has just had a decent effort at Lingfield (first run after a 9-month break) and AW-jokcey-title-chaser Luke Morris is again on board and he's been partnering with the Martin Hill-trained mare for most of her best recent efforts. All in all if Cut The Cackle gets a good trip and is able to quicken in the straight I would be happier to be on her than on any other runnners especially at current odds.

Yes Sir - 10/1 Bet 365 - 1710 Kempton 2 wins from three runs on the AW and posted a good speed figure when winnng here last. Only up 2lbs for that. Have to take fitness on trust but is a weak race. Crap write up - price about to go I would imagine!
Yes Chef fella, Yes Sir was a chaser.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Tuesday 20th of March Jockey Timmy Murphy had a winner yesterday and makes the journey today for just one ride. When he does just have the sole ride i normally stick with him going by his past record. Both horse and jockey have a good chance in Race 1 on the card at Exeter due off 14:30 The 4yr old gelding has been running on the flat should like the ground he was last out 13 days ago and was not given a tough time, yet another tricky race and for me the 'Danger' could come from the Hobbs yard with jockey R.Johnson riding. Only the two 4 year olds in the race and the pick being one of them, a 4yr old took the race last year also under the very same weight of 10-7 Timmy wont be going along for a hot dog & a bovril going by the prize money for a place, he'l be out for the Win. Exeter 2:30 - Edgware Road. 1pt Win bet @ SP.

*Ghost Train - Southwell 3:20* Fanning and Johnston are in scintillating form, and this horse has a golden opportunity to continue the team's upward curve. It had 2 average runs finishing 5th in both before stepping up on that form and finishing 2nd at Lingfield last time out. The horse is on an upward curve, and now entering handicap company for the first time can be expected to go one better and win this race against some exposed hardy rivals. It has the most progressive unexposed profile in the race, and with the stable and jockey hot, i have to be on the side of this favourite, and even though is 15/8, is worth a bet to me. *1 Point WIN @ 15/8 Paddy Power BOG*
Can we make ''SCINTILLATING'' the Word of the week ? LMAO!!!

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Tuesday 20th of March 3:50 Southwell - Trans Sonc - Back Won well on his last appearance at this level. Has plenty in hand at the weights based on official ratings and he should win again here. Ran a respectable race lto in a handicap and although he might not be quite 79 as his rating suggests, he's clearly not far shy and should be good enough here 1pt win @ SP

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Tuesday 20th of March 5.00 Exeter - Kowloon[/] - An interesting horse here who could be coming into form looking at his form figures. 2nd last out where four others have ran again since, three of these four have won while the other placed 5th. Trainer has had 3 winners and 5 places from his last 20 runners for an L.S.P. of +8.5pts, while the trainer/jockey combo runs to 4 wins and 2 places from their last 20 runners for an L.S.P. of +18.5pts. 5.00 Exeter: Kowloon - 1pt win @ 6/4 Paddy Power (BOG)

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Tuesday 20th of March The market currently revolves around Katchmore, an easy winner when well-backed on his debut for David Pipe. He carries a 7lb penalty which is nullified by the use of a 10lb claimer but it’s not likely that he’ll get such an easy time of it in front and he runs today on a much different track, at even money this has created value elsewhere. BE ALL MAN (15:00) has some cracking bumper form to his name and although he hasn’t really built upon that over hurdles so far, he’s had his excuses and today’s conditions should be ideal for him. Off a mark of 109, he should be capable of improving beyond that and with the drop in trip likely to suit, he rates as a fair bet. He was in the frame on all three starts in National Hunt Flat races on better ground in 2011, finishing 2nd twice (ran into the well-touted Population on the second of these efforts) and finally got off the mark with a game success at Warwick over the two mile trip, narrowly getting the better of a capable sort (who is currently rated 126 over hurdles). His three Novice Hurdle efforts all came in January of this year, all on softer ground. He shaped promisingly on debut over 2m4f, not quite looking to see it out but shaping with definite ability, before making a shocking jump on his second start at Ascot which cost him any chance at all, and then was hampered two out which only added to his troubles. He was upped in trip subsequently only ten days later, not seeing out the 2m7f distance on soft ground. He travelled really well on that occasion, going upsides with around 5f to run but his stamina ebbed away and was eased down in the closing stages. He takes a big drop in trip today to run over 2m1f on handicap hurdle debut, but all his best form came in Bumpers’ at this trip and the way he’s been travelling in his races at further suggests that he has the speed to cope with this trip. Alongside this, Exeter is a testing track and that should mean there’s less emphasis on speed anyway. The good ground at Exeter will definitely suit, as he’s shown his fondness for a better surface and he rates as definite value against Katchmore. Be All Man has shaped in the past that he could be a horse rated around the 120 mark, and although I’m always a little sceptical about handicap debutantes in these sorts of races, he should be capable of putting in a big effort today. The 49 day break is encouraging more than anything else, as he had previously had four races in six weeks, the short absence should have freshened him up and I just feel Be All Man should be around the 5/1 mark, so I’m willing to take the 8/1 on offer even though the favourite may be a tough nut to crack, and has other dangers including last time out winners Buckie Boy and Dream Performance, the latter of which might be worth a small saver. Bets 15:00 Exeter – Be All Man; 2pts @ 8/1 Bet365, William Hill (bog)

Interesting race the 3.10 at Kempton, there's a chance that Zaheeb might get an easy lead here again and make all, im hoping he's pestered some what and they go a good gallop cos if they do i think a couple at big prices will go close.

Hip Hip Hooray has had valid excuses in his last three starts since he won over course and distance. If they go quick he's still handicapped to win races and he likes it here at Kempton with the long straight. 14/1 Ladbrokes is a massive price. Also coming out of that race lto is West Leake who ran a decent race after a layoff, was keen early and wasnt ran at much of a gallop. Only 1lb higher than his last win, likes it here and is too bigger price at 22/1 >Bet365. 3.10 Kempton - Hip Hip Hooray - 14/1 Ladbrokes E/W

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Tuesday 20th of March 4.00 Exeter How's My Friend ran well lto here in the devon national earlier this month but I doubt he was ever going to get that trip. Drop down to 3M should be ideal as he went very close here over that distance around about this time last year over hurdles and just failed to get up over slightly further before Xmas. Has the very talented Nick Schofield on board and is well in on his hurdle form and he seems to like this track. Has great chance here. 1 Pt win 3/1 Betfred

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Tuesday 20th of March K5.10 Yes Chef 0.5pt E/W 7/1 Bet365 I'm with The Saint on this one (although I've somewhat missed the price!). It's clearly improved since it moved to its current stable (alll 3 career wins have been in the 12 runs since the stable switch) and one of those was coming after a seasonal break - as is the case here. The trainers runners are running better now after a relatively quiet spell and the horse has won at the course over a furlong less when hampered and staying on to lead at the post. It's only 2lb higher in the handicap today and should go very close.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Tuesday 20th of March 5.10 Kempton Mataaleb - went close in very competitive Goodwood handicap in 2010 off 88 on first run for this yard. Has lost his way since but competing in much lower grade here off 5lb lower, and his last time out third should have taken some of the fizz out of him. He had to wait for a run but picked up nicely to suggest old ability remains. Tappanappa looks the danger as he ran well in Listed grade last time and is entered up in better race later in week. Price on that one has now gone though. Mataaleb 5/1 Coral, 0.5 pt EW

4.30 Exeter - Presentandcorrect win at 5/2 bet365 Winner by a good margin lto by 20l giving weight to runner up and now racing under rules for first time since leaving NTD. Lto was good ground and has been generally quite consistent on that or faster ground and any trip around 3 miles seems to be its strength. Jock is 3/6 here, and with trainer is 2/4 with 2 further places. Biggest danger is For The Staff I feel who also won well lto but this shades it for me

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Tuesday 20th of March 4.00 Exeter: Bubbly Bruce EW (8/1 Bet365, Boyles) First time over fences and straight into a handicap for Fergal O'Briens 8yo, also steps up in trip so a lot of reasons to think he could improve on what he has shown recently. Was well thought of and ran 10th in Cue Cards Cheltenham bumper a couple of years ago. Was quite promising when 6th to Jump City here at Exeter but the stable went quiet after that and he ran poorly next time out. Thought he would get in the frame last time out but again after travelling well found nothing so he could well be a stayer and this track will suit his profile. Could be very well handicapped on 106 and worth a shot on a poor card over the jumps.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Tuesday 20th of March 3-50 southwell - polurrian e/way this horse as been dissapointing in the runs its had so far but it the first time its run on the flat and on this surface and its intresting that connections have decided to go down this route,polurrian is well bred and it ran second in a bumper to no other than cinders and ashes and that horse won a big race at the cheltenham festival recently anyway as ive said its intresting that connections are going down this route and im prepaired to give the horse the benifit of the doubt polurrian 8/1 @ w/hills e/way

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Tuesday 20th of March 2.40 KEMPTON ROYAL ETIQUETTE @ 10/3 Paddy Power BOG This horse ran well last time when fav over CD, was a little unlucky as was slightly stopped twice when making a run and forced to go wider than he would have liked, he has been dropped 1lb for that and this looks a slightly weaker race. Drawn ok in 7 Dane O'Neill should be able to ride him a little more handy today and has to go close.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Tuesday 20th of March Sou 5.20 - First In Command - win at 11/8 Stan James Comes here in good form with a 2nd and a CD win in his last two starts Has the plum draw in stall one as the middle of the track is usually the place to be The field look poor - full of regressive types, horses with poor fibresand records. The second favourite, Ladydolly, has a couple of good runs here, including a maiden win, but has struggled to win in handicaps off around todays mark My selection has a penalty today but is in form, acts on the track and is well drawn. Must have a favourites chance.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Tuesday 20th of March 1500 kempton 1pt win katchmore 10/11 bet365 a winner of 2 hurdle races at 2 mile and 2 mile 2 mile 1 furlong.and a move to david pipe stable accounted for latest win,a 10 lengh win pipe won this race last year, and has a chance of repeating today

Yes Sir - 10/1 Bet 365 - 1710 Kempton 2 wins from three runs on the AW and posted a good speed figure when winnng here last. Only up 2lbs for that. Have to take fitness on trust but is a weak race. Crap write up - price about to go I would imagine! Edit - Yes Chef BH - apologies
5/1 now which I consider ridiculous as there has to be a doubt concerning the horses fitness after a break although as pointed out by Boulder - he has gone well fresh in the past. The opposite of value for me now and am happy to lay my stake back at 5/1 and take a free bet on this occasion. Appreciate this won't save me my stake for BBOTD:lol and I may come to regret my decision later on but I do believe that on occasion this attitude can save you money long term if played correctly more often than not. Good Luck with your bets this avo:ok

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Tuesday 20th of March 2:30 Lundy Bay @ Exeter - Not been great last two runs but that was in higher class races.Didn't run too bad in bumpers before those races and the drop to this sort of grade will help.Andrew Thornton takes the ride for Tony Newcombe who is 2/13 in hurdle races this season from his small stable.Can go close at a good price 0.5 pt E/W @ 20/1 Ladbrokes

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Tuesday 20th of March 3.10 Kempton - 1pt win West Leake @ 25/1 (Ladbrokes) Will take a punt on this one who should run better than his price suggests. He's a horse who does his winning at this time of the year, with all of his eight career successes coming between January and May (0-18 in last six months of the calendar year). The form of his trainer has been disappointing for quite a while, but his small string have put in some good performances without winning of late, including this horse on his return last time. He was fully entitled to need the run, and the race wasn't run to suit as he took a keen hold off a slow pace. He made promising headway up the straight to be a fairly close 4th at one point, before feeling it late on and fading into 8th. He shaped with plenty of promise, though, and I expect him to go better today. It's possible he's best over 7f, but he's won over a mile at Lingfield before, and 4 of his victories have come at this venue. A few of these like to race prominently, so hopefully there will be a more even gallop, to suit this one.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Tuesday 20th of March 4:40 Kemp - Cut The Cackle Richard Guest's only runner of the day. He won a different handicap at the meeting in 2011. Kempton is the track where he has the most AW success on. Carson is 9 AW wins in 58 (16%) for the trainer, which rises to 28% for the place. Last race at the track, Cut The Cackle finished less than a length from the winner. Up in class here and carrying 1lb more, but has won since then (same jock) and Carson makes his return aboard the horse after a 2 race absence. 7/1 corals - win