** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August

Regarding the United v Arsenal match I see a home win here. We've pretty much dominated Arsenal in recent seasons, Arsenal had a couple of results against us but with a team of quality that they had, it's common sense that they will win a couple. That team has been weakened with big departures over recent seasons, they haven't played well yet in 3 games this season and it's a big ask to turn up and play a United side who look very dangerous going forward. The 2nd half v Manchester City and the 2nd half more recently against Tottenham looked very impressive so early on in the season. Now it'll be interesting to see how Fergie lines us up here, does he go with experience or go with the young guns? In terms of defence he doesn't have alot of choice with Rio & Vidic missing, it'll likely be the same back four that lined up against Spurs and you have to say they did not look out of place. He may look for a little more experience in the centre although Arsenal also have a young midfield, with the departure of Fabregas & Nasri. It is early days in the season but we had a good pre season under our belt and have started with two wins. The team is set and playing for places whilst Arsenal don't seem to know who's coming and who's going at the moment. Let's not forget they have a game in-between against Udinese, they should protect their 1 goal advantage but the Italians did cause them problems in the first leg and you wouldn't rule them out. It's a shock to see United so short in such a fixture agreed - if we reflect though and look at how the teams stand currently then I think the price is fully justified. I'm not saying it's worth getting involved with but I am struggling with finding a reason as to why you would LAY United, you'd just be hoping they have an off day.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August

Chamakh is dangerous and even bendtner has goals in this league over the previous seasons. Gervinho returns for this game, or is the next? I aint saying Arsenal will win, but come on... it's not going to be 4, 5 nil to man united...
Bendtner!!! :rollinHahaha dont get me started on that waste of space... If there ever was a waster in front of goal it is him.... Chamakh is ok at best! Arsenal dont have the likes of Defoe, Pavlychenko, Van Der Vaart, Bale... Arshavin has been a huge flop... Apart from Van Persie, it looks rather gloomy for the Gunners!

Nope no suspicions of bias from me. And no I didn't watch the whole match. Those statistics don't really tell me anything I don't know, Swansea are an open attractive side that like to pass the ball and play football "properly". Sunderland are likely to be more robust in defence than Wigan, especially with the acquisitions of O'Shea and Brown this summer. My intentions were not to say that Wigan bossed the game, just that on the overall balance of chances created it looks like they were superior, something Martinez and Swansea manager alluded to. Swansea are still an unknown quanitity, that's why I was quite surprised a well established premiership team were at that price against a newly promoted team who sneaked into the preiership via the play-offs. It's only my initial thoughts, so plenty of things can change till then.
Its all about personal perception mate.. Just because i dont think Sunderland are value, it doesnt mean im correct!! Its all about opinions in this game!! :cheers

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August I think City to beat Spurs @ 6/4 on Bet365 is huge value considering their early season form and their squad in general. Not forgetting Spurs are a game behind in terms of fitness and have a European game mid week. Going 2 points on this, 1 point on City -1 @ around 4 and 1/2 point City -2 @ 6.5

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August I think it's important to note that, in 3 matches (CL and EPL), Arsenal have yet to concede a goal with 11 men. Yes, Liverpool beat them 2-0 but without that silly red card the final score would have deservingly been 0-0. I personally agree that Man U are too short to back and I actually expect to be on Arsenal AH in some form on the weekend.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August Seems a bit of a minefield this week. Only game I could say I'm confident of predicting is the Man U win, but I won't be backing at those odds (though I might look to consider the handicaps.) Could be some draws on the go so might plump for a no-thrills trixe, but most likely will leave alone? Good luck to everyone who is brave enough t get involved heavily this weekend.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August I don't think there is another result than a high victory for United.They have been superrb against Tottenham and could have won 5:1 but Friedel was brilliant and kept a clean sheet for an hour.But then United were even stronger and the result is totally deserved.United is wonderful especially at home.Their opponent's don't get many chances because United controls the match.We have an absolutely amazing offense and our defense is quite good regarding their young age ( currently without Vidic and Ferdinand).Rio will be back for sunday.Hernandez is back as well and Fletcher and Valencia will probably be available.So the only absentplayers are Vidic and Rafael.I think especially at home we can affort those absents. Arsenal has been pretty poor so far,luckily winning against Udinese.They will have the second leg today and it is amust win match for them.If they don't reach the group stage,they will have less money to spent.For the weekend they have many players unavailable:Nasri will leave,Wilshere is out,Frimpong,Song and Gervinho are suspended.Koscilelny is injured,as well as Gibbs.Djourou is certainly not at 100%.They will be short in midfield and defense.I don't think that players like Jenkinson,Rosicky and Lansbury can cause any damage to the United defense.I am sure that United will make at least 2 goals but I am convinced it will be 3-4 goals.I think it's not easy for the Gunners to score.Maybe de Gea makes a mistake or their goal comes out of nothing. All in all I see a clear home victory.3:0,4:0 or 4:1 is my result. I will use high stakes to back the over 2,5. GL:ok

Seems a bit of a minefield this week. Only game I could say I'm confident of predicting is the Man U win, but I won't be backing at those odds (though I might look to consider the handicaps.) Could be some draws on the go so might plump for a no-thrills trixe, but most likely will leave alone? Good luck to everyone who is brave enough t get involved heavily this weekend.
Hardest premiership card I have ever seen.I agree even with the crisis United should be minimum 1.7, I mean spurs were quoted at 1.65 for crying out loud. Joke offerings and Im sure a lot of punters will be embarassed if Arsenal escape with the draw or even a win. I really want to give draws a go this season.I had a go last week and only managed to hit the Stoke game but I missed out on the Villa game and the arsenal game.the Arsenal game would have been a draw if it wasnt for the own goal but thats a moot point to be honest. Another joke offering is the odds for Liverpool, I wouldnt go against them especially if Suarez plays but if he is not on the lineup whats on offer is simply a joke.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August I think I will get an early price on the only game I see any value in. Liverpool Vs Bolton - Bolton @ 8.50 Far too good value here. Bolton have proven over the years they are a hard team to beat, and possess great strength and power. Davies has continued his form and Klasnic is also scoring. Liverpool have also started well, but beating a troubled Arsenal side and drawing against a team they should be beating doesn't fill me with confidence, I still believe they have trouble combining midfield to forward and scoring goals.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August jase82 I went myself -1AH on Man Utd....HIGH STAKES, I know u have been around this business for a loooong time so I would like to hear your short opinion on this bet...cause I feel very confident myself, is there a reason I shouldnt be? THANKS :ok

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August by the way, ive tried to adopt a new way to find value in premier league games. Before looking @ the odds, i like to try to estimate the odds myself (why should the bookies get it 100% right?) so heres a few of them, see if anyone agrees with me: Villa vs Wolves = 42 35 23 Both have had an excellent start to the season also winning in the league cup midweek. Wolves have shown that they can score away from home and they will get off to a confident start. villa i feel will not be terribly smooth in the first half and i still feel that the fans have some resentment towards mcleish (i personally feel hes got a great manager). Wolves will be capable of taking the lead and do some hearty defending to protect their 9/9 start to the season. Villa are also very solid and it will be hard for wolves to score easily. Overall i feel that if the first half finishes 0 - 0, theres a good chance the match will finish 0 - 0. if any team manages to take a 1-0 lead i feel it will get the other team going and both sides are capable of equlising and perhaps even winning the game. A draw is smack bang in the middle of my estimated range and i feel its an excellent price. Blackburn vs everton = 30 32 38 Ive no idea why these new indian owners have got rid of allardyce and appointed his first team coach. Its all gloomy around e-wood park and the fans are really frustrated in what looks to be a relegation battle this season. Everton however also has their own problems. No new signings this season and its the same old faces appearing this season again. I will need to see the results for the league cup today to see how that will affect the moods surrounding the players and clubs. Wigan vs QPR = 43 34 23 Wigan has had two draws and i feel that theyve really played well for spells in both of them. I really didnt like what neil warnock said about not caring at all for the league cup after their defeat and saying they need to revamp the league cup. Im sure if they had won at home he would be saying yeah it will be great to try and win this cup and get a nice run going etc... Martinez i feel is a great manager in the making and will play very well at home. Certainly i feel there will be alot of draws in wigan's season but i feel they will really go for it.

jase82 I went myself -1AH on Man Utd....HIGH STAKES' date=' I know u have been around this business for a loooong time so I would like to hear your short opinion on this bet...cause I feel very confident myself, is there a reason I shouldnt be? THANKS :ok[/quote'] I have no opinion :) I don't do short priced favourites to beat a handicap :ok United look underpriced to me, yet I can't see Arsenal winning, and probably wouldn't take them at any price. As per....goals / corners etc should be the way to go. Yup, worth getting it back on track :ok All this is extremely subjective. At the end of the day all these players are playing for the best clubs in the land week in week out, and surely it matters most whether they do the business. Who's your favourite player shouldn't really come into gambling :\

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August Couple of thoughts regarding ManU - Arsenal match. First of all, Arsenal will have another clash with Udinese this Wednesday. Match against ManU will be their fourth hard fixture (Udinese x2, Liverpool and ManU) in eleven days. What is more, Gervinho, Song and Frimpong are all suspended for the match against ManU. Nasri is no longer Arsenal player and Wilshere is most likely to miss the clash due to injury. Good news for Arsenal is that Rosicky and Koscielny are most likely to be fit. I believe Arsenal will keep playing 4-2-3-1, and the starting line-up most probably will look like : Szczesny - Jenkinson, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Sagna - Lansbury, Ramsey - Walcott/Oxlade-Chamberlain, Rosický/Miyaichi, Arshavin - Van Persie. Still pretty competitive line-up, but, as far as I am concerned, there are too many inexperienced players in midfield area for Arsenal. And it will be hard to find any firepower from the bench for Arsenal. Also, from the last 7 games at Old Trafford United won 6 and drawn one, which is very impressive. I was lucky to take United with 1.5 at Bet365, because the odds are falling, but now I am also thinking about taking "ManU to keep a clean sheet". With all respect to Arsenal and RVP, I can hardly find who can feed RVP with great passes, especially watching the match against Liverpool, where both Arshavin and Walcott were simply awful. Good luck with your bets!

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August Right, i stayed clear from the prem for the first two gameweeks and rightly so as most of my potential bets would have lost(chelsea,wigan,everton,liverpool etc.) and i feel the third gameweek is the time to jump in.. I agree with everyone that says this is a very tough gameweek because it truly is and the only standout bet is man utd but at those odds i wouldnt even dream of touching it, After a bit of looking ive found a few bets of interest- Aston villa vs Wolves; Villa @ Evens on Paddpower Both these teams have started the season in fine form, Wolves with two wins out of two and Villa with a win and a draw, albeit against better opposition..Both of these teams also played in the league cup tonight and both won in convincing fashion so its a tough game to call but i feel Villa just have a good bit more about them, the front three of Bent, agbonlahor and heskey might just prove to be too much against Roger johnson and co., I think wolves are going to be relying on Johnson a lot this season and im not sure if he'll be able to do the job, especiall without Scott Dann beside him anyway..Mcleish also still has to hush the Villa fans and i think a win here might just do the job for now anyway, he's a good manager imo and with one or two more signings Villa are in for a good season..Evens looks like good value to me :ok

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August Wigan vs Qpr; Wigan @ 2.25 on Paddypower Two more teams that have started the season relatively well, Wigan unbeaten and Qpr with a surprise result against Everton..It seems to me that Roberto Martinez has found some consistency with this Wigan side, something they havent had in years..And the front pairing of moses and rodallega look very dangerous and theyll be looking to get off the mark here, Gomez and watson also look bright in midfield..Qpr dont have much tbh with Taarabt being the only threat and he can be a liability at times if things arent going his way..These are the games Wigan must win if they wish to achieve a safe position and i think they will do just that, also Qpr will be tired after their league cup game, which the lost at home to Rochdale

Wigan vs Qpr; It seems to me that Roberto Martinez has found some consistency with this Wigan side, something they havent had in years
Don't take this the wrong way mate, I'm not sure failing to beat Norwich and Swansea is particularly consistent - I would advise caution backing Wigan at the moment. Anyway, good luck with your bet.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August This is a little off topic, but not entirely. Does anyone else find it kind of incredible that this weekend, people consider the most likely result to be United battering Arsenal?! How times can change. This weekend I'm going for: Villa vs Wolves - Both teams to score @ 5/6 Wolves always seem to score at the moment, and with their current form and mentality I can not see Villa keeping a clean sheet. At the same, they are always likely to leak a goal against an attack as strong as Villa's. Liverpool vs Bolton - Bolton to win 1-0 @ 20/1 Bolton are e very difficult side to break down, and I think people are getting carried away with Liverpool's performances, after drawing with a poor Sunderland side, and failing to break down a weak Arsenal defense until they were down to 10 men (with the first goal being a sloppy one). I am not saying that I expect a Bolton win, but if they do, surely it would be a 1-0, given that they are at Anfield. I just feel at these odds, it might not be a bad shout? Bolton scored 2 against a strong City defense, and therefore have a goal in them, I guess this comes down to whether Liverpool show up? Would appreciate any feedback. Cheers folks!

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August For what its worth, we have a cracking record at home v Bolton. Even beat them when "woy" was in charge :eek. We do normally give them a beating also: 01/01/07 Liverpool 3 - 0 Bolton 02/12/07 Liverpool 4 - 0 Bolton 26/12/08 Liverpool 3 - 0 Bolton 30/01/10 Liverpool 2 - 0 Bolton 01/01/11 Liverpool 2 - 1 Bolton As you can see, bar the time Woy was managing us, we normally do put a few past Bolton. They just dont enjoy coming to Anfield. Bolton's away record is poor also, that win at QPR on the opening day was their first win on the road in a hell of a time. Liverpool -2 Handicap - 4.33 StanJames

For what its worth, we have a cracking record at home v Bolton. Even beat them when "woy" was in charge :eek. We do normally give them a beating also: 01/01/07 Liverpool 3 - 0 Bolton 02/12/07 Liverpool 4 - 0 Bolton 26/12/08 Liverpool 3 - 0 Bolton 30/01/10 Liverpool 2 - 0 Bolton 01/01/11 Liverpool 2 - 1 Bolton As you can see, bar the time Woy was managing us, we normally do put a few past Bolton. They just dont enjoy coming to Anfield. Bolton's away record is poor also, that win at QPR on the opening day was their first win on the road in a hell of a time. Liverpool -2 Handicap - 4.33 StanJames
Bolton worst away record in Premier League last season - 2,5,12 on the road

Don't take this the wrong way mate' date=' I'm not sure failing to beat Norwich and Swansea is particularly consistent - I would advise caution backing Wigan at the moment. Anyway, good luck with your bet.[/quote'] They were excellent preseason, beating Villareal and they ended last season very strongly, theyve actually only lost two games in their past 16 and both were away to chelsea (1-0) and sunderland(4-2) , So thats pretty consistent Imo mate

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August Blackburn v Everton Surprised at the odds here, think Everton are far too short for the victory. Both teams have not started the season well but gained much needed confidence boosting victorys during the week. Everton have not brought anyone in during the summer and look like a club that is stagnating. Losing 1-0 at home to newly promoted QPR was a sore one and you could see the fans starting to turn on the team and manager. The Toffees only won 4 out of 19 on the road last season and have only won once at Ewood in the past 5 seasons. I would have the priced up around 2.6-2.7 so it is a clear LAY for me. Selection: LAY Everton @ 2.38 with Betfair - 3 unit liability

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August Lay Aston Villa @ 2.12 Betfair Pretty obvious bet i guess. Wolves are unbeaten for the last 6 games (including club friendlies, all wins) and are showing pretty decent football here. Maybe they don't have any superstar players but they are playing as a team, clicking on all cylinders and getting 3 points in every game. Villa is definitely a good team, but i wouldn't rate their chances of winning against Wolves as almost 50%. That's unbelievably optimistic from bookies. So Laying them is a no brainer for me.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August Rooney to score! Suarez to score double Both on fire both playing average teams with average defences. Pretty easy to choose them I admit but I have most success with 'easy' choices. Can't see arsenal keeping a clean sheet at all and wazza is the man to open them up. Also Suarez can pull something out of nothing so he should create few openings. And seen as I'm fuming I chose the dofus Carroll for my dream team a suarez goal will compensate a bit! Also how is man u not value at 1/2!? Their home record against everyone is immense and v arsenal is immense. They have started strong, very strong, their players are gagging to impress, Rooney with his new Samson hair, young looks dangerous all the time, cleverly wants the midfield position, Anderson actually influences games now, nani is explosive ESP v jenkinson! The defenders want to prove they are capable, goalie wants to shut all the clowns up..versus arsenal who have..rvp only! I like Ramsey but he needs help. Song is average no creativity. Arse-shaving has lost his zip, Walcott is Walcott! And the rest are injured or suspended. If barca are worthy of a bet v Porto at 1.4 man u are value at 1.5 easy peesy. Infact that's my double :) 2.1 on them two teams yes please Also feeling few draws between: Blackburn v everton Newcastle v fulham Villa v wolves and maybe Wigan v QPR But have to look bit more and see team news before I do them Good luck peeps

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August Was really hoping to dip my toes into the Premiership this weekend but think the card is very trappy. Think it's best swerved but hope there are a few winners for those who play their cash :ok

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August I'm not interested in betting on the United vs Arsenal game (though I think United will win); if United were @ 1.57 to beat Spurs than I don't really understand how Arsenal can be any shorter than 1.57, seeing as they have a better team, even with their injury problems. Seems like a lot of identikit problems have been manifest in both North London clubs- manager comes out and says their star midfielder cannot play due to "injury" (Modric/Fabregas) to cover for their wantaway moves, followed by the usual injury crisis in defence of both clubs and an apprehension among supporters regarding a lack of signings. Though as per usual the media like to overhype a big club in "crisis" (Liverpool 12 months ago, now Arsenal), thus a lot of people jump on the anti-Arsenal bandwagon. Saying that though I do expect them to lose this sunday! This weekend I have taken Sunderland and Blackburn to win @ 9.4 & Sunderland and Blackburn to draw @ 9.8 Betfair Kosher sums it up well above my thoughts on Everton and I have already discussed my thoughts on Swansea in earlier posts (though I think the posts might have been moved) Not entirely convinced both these teams have enough to win but am very strong against both Everton and Swansea this weekend hence some cover on draw/win that still would result in profit. :hope all

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August Two more for me tomorrow; Swansea v Sunderland Going to back the Mackems here with draw cover. I expect them to have a good season as they have made some shrewd signings including Brown and O'Shea, both of whom are expected to play tomorrow. They kicked off with an impressive point at Anfield in the first round of fixtures before losing to Newcastle last week in what became a bit of a kicking match which the Geordies came out on top of. Swansea lost heavily in the first week at City before being somewhat fortunate to come away with a point at home to Wigan last week. Don't think the price on the home win should be as low as 2.37 so i will be taking the away side on the DNB. Selection: Sunderland DNB @ evens with Bet365 - 3 units Chelsea v Norwich I fear for Paul Lamberts side at the Bridge tomorrow, a lot of people have wrote Chelsea off for the title this year but I expect them to be up there with City and United till the end. A thumping win tomorrow may kick them into gear after a tricky first two games for the London club. Norwich have done ok so far, two draws from two games but I see no real improvement in the quality of player at the club since last year and Chelsea are at leat two or three levels above them. The last two games between the sides have ended 4-0 to the Blues. Selection: Chelsea -2.5 AH @ 2.6 with Bet365 - 2.5 units

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August Tbh i feel that norwich will put in some hearty defending and Norwich +2 seems good value for money. The goals that Chelsea had last week were somewhat lucky and i also feel that although they've got a great manager, the mood around the club isnt good. They've signed mata which is good, but im looking at Drogba, Anelka Malouda Torres Kalou Terry Lampard Cole... They are such boring players and remind me of how england play football.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August I might put money on chelsea to win by 1 goal instead of Norwich +2. I was going to put money on Chelsea a week ago when the odds were at 3/10 but at 1/5 its shortning its just too low this early in the season. However if i put on chelsea to win by 1 and Norwich manages to get a draw ill kick myself.