England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August English Soccer 2011-2012 1W-4L-2P -4.22 units (20.00%) Tottenham pick +125 to bet 1 unit @ 5dimes **** it. Tottenham has a good history against Man City in recent history I think they can pull it off for a shocker again. Tottenham really cant afford to lose this game outright. Need to get a draw at least

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August Tottenham vs Man City DRAW 23/10. Man City were very fortunate to come away from here with a draw last season with Joe Hart winning man of the match. Although City have improved there squad alot since, I still believe Spurs have enough to run them close. Modric is expected to play, Friedel is a solid keeper and Van der vaart looked sharp against Man utd the other night.:hope

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August Man United @ 1.53 (Paddy Power) Another on the Man United bandwagon. I can't see the team Arsenal put out getting a result here. I don't know what the midfield will be for sure, but the best case scenario would be maybe Ramsey, Rosicky, Lansbury? I would fail to see that midfield make any sort of impact. Up front, Van Persie and Walcott are dangerous, and maybe Arshavin, but these boys usually struggle to do anything at OT with Fabregas and Nasri behind them. Long afternoon for the Gooners.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August City odds have shortened dramatically and i feel the value is weighted towards tottenham. Their home performance is very good although manchester city are very dangerous anywhere and are very capable of scoring 2-3 goals away. Tottenham DNB @ 6/5 looks to be slight value. Newcastle vs Fulham after looking at the odds i feel there is great value in the draw @ 23/10

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August I've gone for £50 on Arsenal to beat Man Utd. The odds are too tasty and I don't think Arsenal's team they will put out will be that bad. There is no way Utd are gonna batter them and Arsenal are capable of scoring. And seeing as I won big yesterday (Thank you MK Dons, Wrexham, Colchester, Sheffield Utd, Huddersfield and Charlton!) I'm gonna go for it :gimme

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August After eventing here but didn't have time to write up my bets except the wigan win and wolves dnb on first page earlier in the week. Anyway, after a poor week had my best saturday since january 2011 and made 120% profit. Wolves dnb void wigan win won leicester win won burnley dnb won charlton won rochdale win lost p vale win lost oxford win lost wrexham win won Mixed in 6 trebles (each team in 2) luckily i hit 2 trebles in leicester/wigan/wrexham and wolves dnb/burnley dnb/charlton and 1 double. Lost 15% of it though last night on Suarez to score anytime/roda x2/auxerre then a single on granada. Overall swung from -8% to +14% for season so i'm more than happy with that. On to today (placed these after a few beers last night and winning big so this morning i'm hoping i don't regret getting abit too confident) Singles WBA win @ 2.10 Spurs dnb @ 2.10 Newcastle draw @ 3.40 Watford win @ 2.40 Mallorca win @ 2.10 Hannover win @ 2.20 Doubles/Trebles Mallorca wba hannover mallorca spurs dnb newcastle (draw) wba watford newcastle (draw) hannover spurs dnb watford accumulator/doubles/trebles/four folds (smaller stakes) spurs dnb wba dnb watford dnb hannover dnb mallorca dnb WBA v STOKE I initially put this down as a draw but the more i thought about it the more i fancy WBA to win. They showed last season that they can win these kinds of games in beating birmingham 3-1. Stoke are abit of a Bogey side but i think Hodgson in charge over rides that. Not much i can add to others posts on this game. I'd say the odds are fair but i expect it to come in. Newcastle v fulham After selling Barton to go with Carroll,enrique etc i think newcastle are in abit of a transition and i think Pardew is one of the worse managers in football nevermind the premier league. It's abit of a risk and could go any of the 3 ways but i'm hoping that results in a score draw. Spurs v Man city Took this on based on spurs often playing well in big games at home. Although man city have the quality i don't think they yet have the mental strength to grind out wins in games like these away from home. I imagine there will be goals and imo it's just as likely end a score draw as a spurs win. Probably more likely be a draw but i fancy spurs here. I know this is the wrong thread but i fancy hannover and mallorca more than any of the prem bets. Best prem bet for me is wba. in order of personal strength, mallorca hannover wba watford newcastle/spurs Some of you may want to look into them. Good luck everyone :hope

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August Newcastle - Fulham under 1.5 @ 2.95 centrebet Newcastle have yet to concede a goal as they drew 0-0 with Arsenal at home and then were not really troubled in the 1-0 away win over local rivals Sunderland. They face a Fulham side that drew 0-0 at home to Aston Villa and then lost 2-0 at Wolves. They usually tend to defend well and with Newcastle not really having much punch up front, then like their backline to hold out the Toon here. Newcastle have not scored in their last 3 games against Fulham while they drew 0-0 in the corresponding fixture last year. Looks like a low scoring game again Tottenham - Man City under 1.5 @ 3.75 pinnacle Spurs should be much better at home for the team that was doing reasonably well for jsut over a half a game against Man Utd before they dropped their bundle and lost 3-0. They will be more cautious here of opening up against a resurgent Man City side that has scored 7 goals in their first 2 games, but now meet one of the big guns in the EPL, and they will find it much tougher here. City's defence is quite strong and hard to beat while Spurs' intensity at home should also be much more than it was last week. The last 3 meetings has seen a goal or none at all, and neither side will give away much here West Brom - Stoke over 2.5 @ 2.24 pinnacle West Brom have had a tough start to the season with a 2-1 home loss to Man Utd and then a 2-1 away loss at Chelsea. Now they are up against a Stoke side that has drawn their first 2 games, with a 0-0 draw at home to Chelsea followed by a 1-1 away draw to Norwich. They are not as good on the road as they are at home but they have still managed to win 3-0 and 2-0 in their last 2 visits to West Brom and like them to score here, while West Brom will like their chances of scoring as they did manage to score against two of the better sides in the competition. Neither side will be happy with a point and like them to keep seeking the winner Man Utd - Arsenal over 3.5 @ 2.86 pinnacle Man Utd have started the season in good form with a 2-1 road win over West Brom and then an emphatic 3-0 win over Tottenham at home. Rooney is in very good form, scoring in both games, while Nani and Young down the flanks are constant threats. They will like their chances of exposingan Arsenal defence that has continued to look shaky, as Suarez did so last week when he came on, and they will be no mood to allow their rivals any sort of sympathy. On their own defence, Man Utd have a youthful centreback pairing, and Arsenal will look to exploit this, with the likes of van Persie who has the class to do so. They will be looking to restore some pride and they are not a team who will chnage the way they play the game, so like them to probe, and see if they can dominate in the middle of the park, and then be able to run at Evans, Jones and Smalling. Even their keeper De Gea has some question marks over him and like Arsenal to play their part in scoring goals in this game. August picks: 11-13 (+7.00)

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August

Any news about Modric' date=' is he going to start? Spurs @3.00 look quite appealing and with him in the staring line-up they might worth a small punt.[/quote'] I would think modric will start, i cant see harry leaving him on the bench now he is is fit and more than likely staying put for another year. As a Spurs fan i am confident about today, we had a good home record last year, infact its a year to the day since we lost our last home league game. We looked solid at the back for the majority of the United game the other night, My only slight worry about today is not taking our chances when we get them as our strikers look totally out of form. To me i cant see any value in backing city @ 2.4 to beat a side that only lost once at home last season but we will see. I am backing unders here @ 1.95 with Bet365 - This game last year was a 0-0 draw and i could see the same happening again today!

I would think modric will start, i cant see harry leaving him on the bench now he is is fit and more than likely staying put for another year. As a Spurs fan i am confident about today, we had a good home record last year, infact its a year to the day since we lost our last home league game. We looked solid at the back for the majority of the United game the other night, My only slight worry about today is not taking our chances when we get them as our strikers look totally out of form. To me i cant see any value in backing city @ 2.4 to beat a side that only lost once at home last season but we will see. I am backing unders here @ 1.95 with Bet365 - This game last year was a 0-0 draw and i could see the same happening again today!
The 0-0 last season wasn't a typical unders game. Just that Hart played his best ever game in a Man city shirt. Im on spurs dnb, so hoping Hart doesn't reproduce that form again this time around.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August Hi everyone, this is my first post and I wanted to make my compliments to one of the best international forums. I apologize in advance for my english, I'm studying but it will take some time to improve myself. =) My bets: Manchester Utd v Arsenal Manchester United -1 @1.85 10Bet Guests will be out Gervinho, Song, Frimpong, Wilkshire and Vermaelen will test today but will be in great shape. The United is as good as proved against the City while Arsenal after selling Nasri and Clichy at the City, and Fabregas to Barcelona is weakened. He risked against Udinese in the Champions League and could weigh fatigue, making turn-over will not be possible. United, as demonstrated with the Tottenham is able to keep pace hell. Trust the Red Devils.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August Today, we are right up against it with a badly depleted side. Man Utd have started the season well having strengthened over the summer. I'd put us on a par with Tottenham at the moment and if you look at how they were steamrollered in the second half last weekend, it doesnt bode too well. I'd expect a line up, assuming Sagna hasnt recovered from illness of: Chesney Jenkinson, Djourou, Koscielny, Vermaelen Coquelin, Ramsey, Rosicky Arshavin, Van Persie, Walcott which lookes very weak. Man Utd (-1) @ 7/5 Stan James - 20 points Man Utd to win 3-1 @ 12/1 paddypower - 1.5 points Despite the negativity, Robin Van Persie has scored something like 23 goals in 26 games (i'm willing to stand corrected on that but the figures are in that region). Therefore, despite the opposition today and the danger he might be starved of service, I think the price on him to score anytime is a touch big at 100/30 with coral. Van Persie to score anytime @ 100/30 coral - 7 points Van Persie to score first @ 10/1 coral - 1.5 points

Hi everyone, this is my first post and I wanted to make my compliments to one of the best international forums. I apologize in advance for my english, I'm studying but it will take some time to improve myself. =) My bets: Manchester Utd v Arsenal Manchester United -1 @1.85 10Bet Guests will be out Gervinho, Song, Frimpong, Wilkshire and Vermaelen will test today but will be in great shape. The United is as good as proved against the City while Arsenal after selling Nasri and Clichy at the City, and Fabregas to Barcelona is weakened. He risked against Udinese in the Champions League and could weigh fatigue, making turn-over will not be possible. United, as demonstrated with the Tottenham is able to keep pace hell. Trust the Red Devils.
Gl and welcome to the forums! Quick update: Stuck in a bet for a draw @ 23/10 newcastle vs fulham. Was unsure to do under 1.5 or a draw, but slightly better odds on the draw made me go for it.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August Teams for spurs city game: Tottenham: Friedel, Corluka, Dawson, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto, Lennon, Modric, Kranjcar, Bale, Van der Vaart, Crouch. Subs: Cudicini, Huddlestone, Pavlyuchenko, Defoe, Bassong, Walker, Livermore. Man City: Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy, Toure Yaya, Barry, Silva, Nasri, Aguero, Dzeko. Subs: Pantilimon, Richards, Milner, Johnson, Savic, Tevez, Balotelli.

Newcastle - Fulham under 1.5 @ 2.95 centrebet Newcastle have yet to concede a goal as they drew 0-0 with Arsenal at home and then were not really troubled in the 1-0 away win over local rivals Sunderland. They face a Fulham side that drew 0-0 at home to Aston Villa and then lost 2-0 at Wolves. They usually tend to defend well and with Newcastle not really having much punch up front, then like their backline to hold out the Toon here. Newcastle have not scored in their last 3 games against Fulham while they drew 0-0 in the corresponding fixture last year. Looks like a low scoring game again Tottenham - Man City under 1.5 @ 3.75 pinnacle Spurs should be much better at home for the team that was doing reasonably well for jsut over a half a game against Man Utd before they dropped their bundle and lost 3-0. They will be more cautious here of opening up against a resurgent Man City side that has scored 7 goals in their first 2 games, but now meet one of the big guns in the EPL, and they will find it much tougher here. City's defence is quite strong and hard to beat while Spurs' intensity at home should also be much more than it was last week. The last 3 meetings has seen a goal or none at all, and neither side will give away much here West Brom - Stoke over 2.5 @ 2.24 pinnacle West Brom have had a tough start to the season with a 2-1 home loss to Man Utd and then a 2-1 away loss at Chelsea. Now they are up against a Stoke side that has drawn their first 2 games, with a 0-0 draw at home to Chelsea followed by a 1-1 away draw to Norwich. They are not as good on the road as they are at home but they have still managed to win 3-0 and 2-0 in their last 2 visits to West Brom and like them to score here, while West Brom will like their chances of scoring as they did manage to score against two of the better sides in the competition. Neither side will be happy with a point and like them to keep seeking the winner Man Utd - Arsenal over 3.5 @ 2.86 pinnacle Man Utd have started the season in good form with a 2-1 road win over West Brom and then an emphatic 3-0 win over Tottenham at home. Rooney is in very good form, scoring in both games, while Nani and Young down the flanks are constant threats. They will like their chances of exposingan Arsenal defence that has continued to look shaky, as Suarez did so last week when he came on, and they will be no mood to allow their rivals any sort of sympathy. On their own defence, Man Utd have a youthful centreback pairing, and Arsenal will look to exploit this, with the likes of van Persie who has the class to do so. They will be looking to restore some pride and they are not a team who will chnage the way they play the game, so like them to probe, and see if they can dominate in the middle of the park, and then be able to run at Evans, Jones and Smalling. Even their keeper De Gea has some question marks over him and like Arsenal to play their part in scoring goals in this game. August picks: 11-13 (+7.00)
my thoughts exactly, will follow you with my bets ::hope

Do you mean like double chance?
No where i place money on a draw to happen but i get my money back if tottenham win instead. Like Draw no bet but instead of putting money on lets say tottenham and getting money back if its a draw, i put money on a draw and getting my money back if tottenham win instead

No where i place money on a draw to happen but i get my money back if tottenham win instead. Like Draw no bet but instead of putting money on lets say tottenham and getting money back if its a draw, i put money on a draw and getting my money back if tottenham win instead
what is stopping you putting £10 on the draw at 2-1, and cover spurs win with £3 @ 3-1 (all odd as examples) do the maths - plus you can take odds from different bookmakers ofering better odds for each.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August And here comes the day when two giant's of english football meet each other in EPL giving us opportunity to watch some good football. You will all agree when I say that this is one of the greates't derbie's in England alway's with much attention on both manager's which are known by thing that they can not much praise each other and we could say they are not in good relationship. I have opinion that the must important thing is not to lose in this match. For Wenger one point would be like a mountain big and for Sir Alex, well...it would be OK to him too. I have one statment in my mind that my older brother said to me : when it come's to derbies, draw is mother of all result's. So what do we have here: we have Man Utd strong as ever, OK, they are little depleted squad, making some youngster's to play such as De Gea (who isn't quite setlled in Mu yet), Phil Jones (19 yrs old, well this derby could have it's effect on him), Chris Smalling (21 yrs, also could be affected by dery), Cleverly (22 yrs) and Wellbeck (20 yrs) which is some of the youngest squad of Man Utd ever. There are also missing's which shouldn't be underestimated : Vidic (the best defender in EPL for me), Raffael (pretty good one on right side), also Valencia have a question mark and it is not 100 % he will play and he was useable player for SAF in the past. As for Arsenal there are no news that everybody dont know : AW can't count on Pingpong (silly player if you ask me), Gervinho (good one, Arsenal coul miss him, good on one on one's), Alex Song (minor blow also if you ask me) and Wilshere (damn good young talent). Taking all of this into consideration my opinion is that we can expect goal's in this one, cause we got hell of a good attack's on both side's and defence's that aren't that good. I also noticed that SAF has some kind of scheme for form lifting as they do lose or draw some games till Christmas, but then train start's to pull harder and harder and @ that time Man Utd is almost unbeatable. As for h2h in last 10 encounter's AW and Arsenal managed to win only twice, while MU had 7 derbies on their side and only one draw, so we can talk about domination over AW by SAF and on last 3 encounters only one team managed to score (host team) and last three meeting's were under 2,5 goal's and I think that can not repeat this time, so my bet will be : Manchester Utd-Arsenal over 2,[email protected] 4/10 gl to all of ya.....

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August Arsenal are a silly price at over 8/1 to be honest. Could understand if Man united where full strength but they are not, questions over their goalkeeper and I don't rate Evans at the back. Plus Anderson & Cleverley is a relatively new midfield pairings. Arsenal may prefer playing on the counter through the likes of Walcott and Arshavin as oppose to their usual style of dominating the game and possession at Old Trafford but ultimately losing the game.

Man United @ 1.53 (Paddy Power) Another on the Man United bandwagon. I can't see the team Arsenal put out getting a result here. I don't know what the midfield will be for sure, but the best case scenario would be maybe Ramsey, Rosicky, Lansbury? I would fail to see that midfield make any sort of impact. Up front, Van Persie and Walcott are dangerous, and maybe Arshavin, but these boys usually struggle to do anything at OT with Fabregas and Nasri behind them. Long afternoon for the Gooners.
Way this is going, this was a gift. 3-0 :loon

Newcastle vs fulham I can only really provide information from the perspective of a Fulham fan here, and it is not looking good. Zamora is out, as is JA Riise. Our defense has been woeful lately as Jol decided to change things around, putting hughes as a RB from CB, at the expense of baird. Hughes is not a natural RB and senderos has yet to gel with the squad. If I had to make a call on this I would say that fulham will conceed, we are very poor on the road, I just don't know how newcastle will be with no Barton/Caroll/Nolan etc. Sorry - this is a pretty pants pre match report, but basically dont bet on fulham to win, I don't even have faith in a draw given our current form. In our away game on thursday (Dnipro, europa league) there were many, many mistakes made, and we were lucky to get away with a 1-0 loss. Hangeland was shaky, and Baird made mistakes that led to their goal. We are still yet to score in the PL, I would imagine that Dempsey will be played a little higher up, and Dembele should start, although I am not that confident we will be able to get it in the back of the net. If I had to bed, I'd go for Dempsey anytime @ 3.75, as bobby probably wont play. Pretty good write up and being a tragic Fulham fan aswell you pretty much nailed the current situation. I was hoping that we might be able to go to Dnipro and mix the team around a bit and save some boddies for the Newcastle game. However that was our full strength team and we looked a bit all over the place. Senderos can come in a do a job and will be fresh but Hughes has always been a machine and can play everyday if he felt like it so not much of a change there. Dembele is talented for sure but hasnt really come into any kind of form. Zamora is a doubt and if he plays, again its not like hes coming off the back of anything to good. The obvious bet is under 2.5 goals @ 1.70. But its screaming at everyone to take it because we are yet to score and Newcastle have only bagged one. But its the kind of bet that because its so obvious there is value taking over 2.5. Could just be one of those examples where a game just blows out. Nothing to back it up just of recent but we are going to have to score sooner or later and we have enough in our team to do that. Under Coleman, Sanchez, Tigana, Hughes, Roy we have always been able to score from all over the park. Defence is looking a little shaky at present and this is the kind of game where a clean sheet at the cost of a 0-0 would be a building block to work on. It has happened so many times where we need to get something and we pluck out 0-0 and sparks us into form. 0-0 @ 9.0 looks ok for a small stake but I would be careful staking anything to high on the under and over. The odds on Fulham should be bigger but they are at this price because of our recent form at Newcastle. I have been their twice and seen us win both times. We have a great record at st james park and this is a small factor that favours us to get something. However we are going to have to play better than we did at Wolves and prove to everyone that playing away in europe isnt the reason for losing. From what it sounds like it was one of the worst perforamnces in a while. If we lose this game our next game is against Blackburn and with their current form it will be a crunch game for both sides to get the season up and running. So to take a bit of pressure of that game, I believe Fulham will turn up tomorrow and put in a good 90minutes but with our away history we could easily slump to a 1 goal defeat. To sum up its a tricky game and your best bet is NO BET. Newcastle by 1 @ 4.00 is amazing value. Before the 2-0 loss to Wolves we only had one other away in the prem where we lost by more than 1 and that was away to Man Utd. All our away losses were by a 1 goal margin. But my heart says we will get a point ;) Hope that helps COYW FTID
Between myself and Mglanfield I would like to think we pretty much nailed that preview. I hope some of you got on Dempsey and the healthy price of Newcastle by 1 goal @4.00. Newcastle to be honest didn't look that great and we had so many more positives to take from that than last week at Wolves. Was just another typical Fulham away day. I can see us getting so much stronger but Newcastle staying the same. We are close to a signing from Juventus and hopefully Al Fayed will pull out his wallet before the window closes.

Hi everyone, this is my first post and I wanted to make my compliments to one of the best international forums. I apologize in advance for my english, I'm studying but it will take some time to improve myself. =) My bets: Manchester Utd v Arsenal Manchester United -1 @1.85 10Bet Guests will be out Gervinho, Song, Frimpong, Wilkshire and Vermaelen will test today but will be in great shape. The United is as good as proved against the City while Arsenal after selling Nasri and Clichy at the City, and Fabregas to Barcelona is weakened. He risked against Udinese in the Champions League and could weigh fatigue, making turn-over will not be possible. United, as demonstrated with the Tottenham is able to keep pace hell. Trust the Red Devils.
8-2 Too many absences.