** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August

Saturday 27 August 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers (12:05 BST) 2.04 3.55 4.33 100.27 %
maximize.gif Wigan Athletic v Queens Park Rangers (12:30 BST) 2.4 3.4 3.35 100.93 %
maximize.gif Blackburn Rovers v Everton (15:00 BST) 3.4 3.4 2.42 100.15 %
maximize.gif Chelsea v Norwich City (15:00 BST) 1.25 7 16 100.54 %
maximize.gif Swansea City v Sunderland (15:00 BST) 2.44 3.4 3.35 100.25 %
maximize.gif Liverpool v Bolton Wanderers (17:30 BST) 1.45 4.8 8.6 101.43 %
Sunday 28 August 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Newcastle United v Fulham (13:00 BST) 2.15 3.4 3.95 101.24 %
maximize.gif Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester City (13:30 BST) 2.98 3.4 2.6 101.43 %
maximize.gif West Bromwich Albion v Stoke City (15:00 BST) 2.14 3.4 4.1 100.53 %
maximize.gif Manchester United v Arsenal (16:00 BST) 1.53 4.4 7.6 101.10 %

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August

Blackburn 3.4 Sunderland 3.35 Spurs 3 Especially the first 2
I cant see how any of the 3 of them are overpriced.. Blackburn are just woeful, Everton start poor normally but Everton have a much better side than them... Sunderland lost at home to Newcastle and now go to Swansea who play attractive football and are good at home, i think sunderlands price is fair.. Spurs are up against City who are playing dynamite and are looking to be title contenders!! 2/1 again is fair for spurs.. Of the 3 though, Sunderland are prob best value

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August Initial thoughts and some info : On first look Wigan look the best bet for me and a very good price too, good enough for dnb cover perhaps. Villa V Wolves We (wolves) haven't lost at Villa park since we promoted 3 season ago now. First season back in the prem we drew 2-2 and last season we pulled off a deserved 0-1 win. That win came during 1 of our 2 excellent form spells which was onyl haulted by the international break. After an impressive start to the season beating blackburn away 1-2 and fulham at home 2-0, we're once again in decent form and the price is too big to ignore. I went to the game sunday and it was one of if not the most comfortable performance/result i've seen since our time in the prem. Yes Fulham we're poor but that was mainly down to us outplaying them all over the park. The back four looked more solid with the arrival of Roger Johnson and the attack is absolutely firing with Doyle and Fletcher up top (finally getting a run together after injuries last season stopped the partnership). Add in Matt jarvis (who seems to have bulked up alittle over the summer), Hunt, as ever a real grafter and must be a pain to play against plus O'hara in the midfield for further bite and creativity and we're starting to look like a decent team. Also, Henry was dropped as captain in favour of Johnson and it's seems to have done him the world of good too. I'm not a big fan of his, but when he's playing well he does add alot to the team and reinforces the defence. I wouldn't back Villa in this game and for me given all the pros/cons,h2h,form,players etc... i think wolves have the better team and with being in form i wouldn't be suprised to see us pull off another win. Wolves dnb for me.:ok

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August I expected Man United to be a tad shorter then 1.53. The price is almost guaranteed to drop over the coming days so I'm thinking of taking it early. For me it's hard to pass up after watching United tear Spurs apart. Defensively they don't look too bad. They fielded a young and relatively inexperienced back 4, yet they didn't seem to struggle at any point in the game. De Gea was the only concern for me. Offensively they were fantastic. Any thoughts?

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August 1.25 for chelsea for me looks very high. Against better established teams such as bolton, west brom, stoke city and newcastle etc, ive seen odds of 2/9 to 2/7. 1/4 for a weakish norwich side is definately worth putting a few limbs on. Other than that i feel the bookies prices are pretty good. Will need to wait until after the carling cup games midweek to see how that changes the atmosphere around the clubs.

I expected Man United to be a tad shorter then 1.53. The price is almost guaranteed to drop over the coming days so I'm thinking of taking it early. For me it's hard to pass up after watching United tear Spurs apart. Defensively they don't look too bad. They fielded a young and relatively inexperienced back 4, yet they didn't seem to struggle at any point in the game. De Gea was the only concern for me. Offensively they were fantastic. Any thoughts?
Yup, i was thinking of that too but i still did not expect utds odds to be so low. Last season i remember it was more like 11/10 23/10 3/1 and the odds have more than halves for united. Arsenal might make some extra signings in this time. Nasri is definately gone but the result on the game vs udinese is key. Also i feel that arsenal are better than tottenham, although its all very tight and as mentioned i dont see much value in this week's EPL.

I expected Man United to be a tad shorter then 1.53. The price is almost guaranteed to drop over the coming days so I'm thinking of taking it early. For me it's hard to pass up after watching United tear Spurs apart. Defensively they don't look too bad. They fielded a young and relatively inexperienced back 4, yet they didn't seem to struggle at any point in the game. De Gea was the only concern for me. Offensively they were fantastic. Any thoughts?
1.53 is about correct, anything below 1/2 is bonkers i think... Arsenal will have Wilshere back and may buy in the window... Van Persie, Arshavin, Vermaelan all classy players, Arsenal will feel like they have nothing to lose... Im a Man Utd fan, i think United should win comfortably, but i wouldnt necessarily call 1.53 a great price, if you got 1.68 upwards it would be a very good price.

Yup, i was thinking of that too but i still did not expect utds odds to be so low. Last season i remember it was more like 11/10 23/10 3/1 and the odds have more than halves for united. Arsenal might make some extra signings in this time. Nasri is definately gone but the result on the game vs udinese is key. Also i feel that arsenal are better than tottenham, although its all very tight and as mentioned i dont see much value in this week's EPL.
I don't think Arsenal will make some signings within those few days.THey have a hard match on wednesday and will return on thursday.Wenger has other things to worry about.First,he has to make sure that Arsenal reaches the Group stage.Then they will have more money to spent.Furthermore,all players that WEnger wanted to sign don't want to come or he didn't offer enough money ( Mata,M'Vila....)

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August Points taken, cheers. I think it would be unwise to write Arsenal off this early on in a season, but at this point in time I simply can't see them overcoming United's current crop, they looked immensely confident last night and I think the scoreline said it all. Like I said earlier, United's defence would be my only concern, considering their age and experience etc. but last night they rarely seemed to wobble. They handled everything Defoe, Bale, Lennon, and VDV could throw at them. No small feat if you ask me. De Gea is a different kettle of fish. Far too early to know what your gonna get from him! I was just about to United nice and early at 1.53, but the odds have since dropped to 1.45 with Sportsbet. Hmmmmmmm:unsure

If Arsenal do make signings between now and then I doubt they will be playing at the weekend anyway unless it is someone like Cahill but even then you can't expect someone to come in and make Arsenal a lot better than they are now days after they have signed. In my opinion Spurs are better than Arsenal at this current time. I will paste my first bet for this weekend from my GH thread. Treble Chelsea v Norwich Chelsea [-1] @ 1.67 Man. Utd v Arsenal Man. Utd [-1] @ 2.25 Blackburn v Everton Everton [+1] @ 1.33 I will be leaving for Portugal this Friday so will be doing weekend bets between now and Thursday. Thought United's price would drop after that hammering they gave Spurs last night but it hasn't so far so I will take it while it is there. I think they will have too much for Arsenal especially now Nasri is about to complete his move to City. Chelsea should be really beating sides like Norwich at home and expect them to win this at least 2-0 with Torres scoring. Everton need to start winning games as they are behind already and with their squad they should win or draw this fixture which is why I have went with the +1. £2 pays £10

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August There is no value whatsoever on Man United 1.53 to beat Arsenal. I wouldn't even take that if they were playing Blackburn. Arsenal are on a poor run, but they are a team who can score goals. I'm not getting at anyone, but I feel people are over-exagerrating the 3-0 win over spurs alittle.

There is no value whatsoever on Man United 1.53 to beat Arsenal. I wouldn't even take that if they were playing Blackburn. Arsenal are on a poor run' date=' but they are a team who can score goals. I'm not getting at anyone, but I feel people are over-exagerrating the 3-0 win over spurs alittle.[/quote'] I dont think anyone is over-exaggerating the 3-0 win, as United were sublime in the second half... But i do agree 1.53 is not worth a bet, i backed United @ 4/7 as i thought that was a reasonable price,.... However i still think Arsenal are a better team than Spurs which in turn means i would want more than 4/7 on United.... If i got 4/6 on United i would see that as value, as that is not available, NO BET and sit back and watch my team hopefully win. :)

There is no value whatsoever on Man United 1.53 to beat Arsenal. I wouldn't even take that if they were playing Blackburn. Arsenal are on a poor run' date=' but they are a team who can score goals. I'm not getting at anyone, but I feel people are over-exagerrating the 3-0 win over spurs alittle.[/quote'] Of course against arsenal its very thin, but against BLACKBURN?! Id put half my bankroll on utd if it was at 1.53 at home against blackburn. Last season was 7 - 1 i remember :)

I cant see how any of the 3 of them are overpriced.. Blackburn are just woeful, Everton start poor normally but Everton have a much better side than them... Sunderland lost at home to Newcastle and now go to Swansea who play attractive football and are good at home, i think sunderlands price is fair.. Spurs are up against City who are playing dynamite and are looking to be title contenders!! 2/1 again is fair for spurs.. Of the 3 though, Sunderland are prob best value
Wouldn't say Blackburn are woeful, poor at best maybe :p Everton might have a better side (not much better) but they have hardly been firing on all cylinders, as well as missing a crucial game to get them up to match sharpness. Granted an outright win on Blackburn might be pushing it, I think a draw on them or on AH could definitely be realistic. Don't really consider Sunderland losing to Toon, those games are totally unpredictable, and more about whos getting carded and kicking each-other than performance. From what I heard Toon defended resolutely but Sunderland should have drawn the game. What are you basing Swansea being good at home on :unsure the 0-0 draw against Wigan who hit the woodwork 3 times in the 2nd half and had a penalty saved? City are being overhyped IMO, they beat a limited Bolton side without four/five of their best performers from last season, and still only scraped the win. Still think their defence looks dodgy, especially on the left- Lescott + Clichy/Kolarov is uncertain. A lot depends on whether Modric is 'ready' in this one, if not I will probably call a no-bet as he is a key player for them. Maybe they are not overpriced, but it is possibly where I can see value, (especially top 2).

There is no value whatsoever on Man United 1.53 to beat Arsenal. I wouldn't even take that if they were playing Blackburn. Arsenal are on a poor run' date=' but they are a team who can score goals. I'm not getting at anyone, but I feel people are over-exagerrating the 3-0 win over spurs alittle.[/quote'] I agree. Arsenal did not score a goal in the last 3 games but it does not mean they won't against United. I personally think that Arsenal front line is much stronger than Tottenham. So will be looking into goals here.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August :eyes

Wouldn't say Blackburn are woeful, poor at best maybe :p Everton might have a better side (not much better) but they have hardly been firing on all cylinders, as well as missing a crucial game to get them up to match sharpness. Granted an outright win on Blackburn might be pushing it, I think a draw on them or on AH could definitely be realistic. Don't really consider Sunderland losing to Toon, those games are totally unpredictable, and more about whos getting carded and kicking each-other than performance. From what I heard Toon defended resolutely but Sunderland should have drawn the game. What are you basing Swansea being good at home on :unsure the 0-0 draw against Wigan who hit the woodwork 3 times in the 2nd half and had a penalty saved? City are being overhyped IMO, they beat a limited Bolton side without four/five of their best performers from last season, and still only scraped the win. Still think their defence looks dodgy, especially on the left- Lescott + Clichy/Kolarov is uncertain. A lot depends on whether Modric is 'ready' in this one, if not I will probably call a no-bet as he is a key player for them. Maybe they are not overpriced, but it is possibly where I can see value, (especially top 2).
You obviously didnt watch the Swansea match... Swansea outplayed Wigan for 75% of the game, and i had Wigan backed so you cant say i am being biased.... Match Statistics were: Swansea 64% possession, Wigan 36% possession.... :eyes Swansea 13 Goal attempts, Wigan 10 Goal attempts .... Swansea 9 fouls, Wigan 19 fouls!!! Swansea should have been 3-0 up at half-time, so if you think Sunderland are value @ that price back them but i dont think they are value at all.... You are talking like Wigan bossed the game, they had a 5 minute patch of madness and that was that! Swansea dominated the game

I agree. Arsenal did not score a goal in the last 3 games but it does not mean they won't against United. I personally think that Arsenal front line is much stronger than Tottenham. So will be looking into goals here.
Van Persie..................................................... Hmmm cant seem to think of another serious threat up front for Arsenal.. Enlighten me Mustafa..?

:eyes You obviously didnt watch the Swansea match... Swansea outplayed Wigan for 75% of the game, and i had Wigan backed so you cant say i am being biased.... Match Statistics were: Swansea 64% possession, Wigan 36% possession.... :eyes Swansea 13 Goal attempts, Wigan 10 Goal attempts .... Swansea 9 fouls, Wigan 19 fouls!!! Swansea should have been 3-0 up at half-time, so if you think Sunderland are value @ that price back them but i dont think they are value at all.... You are talking like Wigan bossed the game, they had a 5 minute patch of madness and that was that! Swansea dominated the game
Normally I'm all over stats, but here I think Wigan deserved to win the game. Swansea had loads of possession, and not a lot of cutting edge about them, which if you know Swansea, is typical of them. Swansea did dominate but they didn't make the most of it, and yes, Wigan had a ten minute spell during the second half where on another day they would have been taking the points home. That's the thing really, in the EPL you can't afford to miss your opportunities, and on another day to another side, that ten minute spell could have resulted in a three nil loss for Swansea.

:eyes You obviously didnt watch the Swansea match... Swansea outplayed Wigan for 75% of the game, and i had Wigan backed so you cant say i am being biased.... Match Statistics were: Swansea 64% possession, Wigan 36% possession.... :eyes Swansea 13 Goal attempts, Wigan 10 Goal attempts .... Swansea 9 fouls, Wigan 19 fouls!!! Swansea should have been 3-0 up at half-time, so if you think Sunderland are value @ that price back them but i dont think they are value at all.... You are talking like Wigan bossed the game, they had a 5 minute patch of madness and that was that! Swansea dominated the game
Nope no suspicions of bias from me. And no I didn't watch the whole match. Those statistics don't really tell me anything I don't know, Swansea are an open attractive side that like to pass the ball and play football "properly". Sunderland are likely to be more robust in defence than Wigan, especially with the acquisitions of O'Shea and Brown this summer. My intentions were not to say that Wigan bossed the game, just that on the overall balance of chances created it looks like they were superior, something Martinez and Swansea manager alluded to. Swansea are still an unknown quanitity, that's why I was quite surprised a well established premiership team were at that price against a newly promoted team who sneaked into the preiership via the play-offs. It's only my initial thoughts, so plenty of things can change till then.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August Swansea price looks to be fair. They dominated almost the whole game against Wigan. Wigan was very lucky that referee gave that penalty.. obvious mistake from the ref. And those to posts what they had......more of a desperate shot from attacker rather than missing very good chance of a goal. Besides that Sunderland hasnt showed anything so far in the season to back them in away game. DNB on Swansea is short of course so probably no bet in this game. Wolves DNB looks tempting, considering the odds. Probably gonna ride them until they lose. As much as I love Tottenham, i wouldn't go against MCity right now.....their offense is clicking on all cylinders right now (defence is shaky though). Maybe Over 3 goals could be an option. Dont see how anybody could back Rovers right now... they are just awfull. Actually dont see anything wrong to back MU at this price at home, but will watch the Arsenal-Udinese game first to make some bets on this game.

Swansea price looks to be fair. They dominated almost the whole game against Wigan. Wigan was very lucky that referee gave that penalty.. obvious mistake from the ref. And those to posts what they had......more of a desperate shot from attacker rather than missing very good chance of a goal. Besides that Sunderland hasnt showed anything so far in the season to back them in away game. DNB on Swansea is short of course so probably no bet in this game.
Completely disagree. Did you watch the full game? The PEN was a stonewaller if ever I saw one.

I don't know if I am being blind because I am a United supporter but if Liverpool can beat Arsenal 2-0 away from home with Nasri in their squad' date=' I think United can beat them at home without Nasri.[/quote'] wow, in that case we (west ham) beat man united 5-0 in the cup so we must be better than everyone, right?

Van Persie..................................................... Hmmm cant seem to think of another serious threat up front for Arsenal.. Enlighten me Mustafa..?
Chamakh is dangerous and even bendtner has goals in this league over the previous seasons. Gervinho returns for this game, or is the next? I aint saying Arsenal will win, but come on... it's not going to be 4, 5 nil to man united...

wow' date=' in that case we (west ham) beat man united 5-0 in the cup so we must be better than everyone, right?[/quote'] Where exactly did I say United/Liverpool/Arsenal are better than everyone or by one team beating another they automatically become the best?!?! I am saying I think Man Utd are a better team than both Liverpool and Arsenal and I am sure many will agree. Also Man Utd are at home and Arsenal minus Nasri...still with me? I think my point was obvious but here it is again; I think if Liverpool can beat Arsenal AWAY from home WITH Nasri in their team then I think Man Utd can beat Arsenal at their HOME ground WITHOUT Nasri in their team.

Completely disagree. Did you watch the full game? The PEN was a stonewaller if ever I saw one.
My mistake mate.... agree with the penalty. At the moment of writting was thinking about another game where the guy was tripped well outside the penalty box :$