** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD

Cruzeiro...internacional....??? You are mixing things up here.
Explaining just that Cruzeiro won against International which was without best player, so not a big win for them, only an important one! don;t you people know to read between the lines? Everyone said, wow Cruzeiro won against Internacional, but Internacional were very bad in that game, mainly cause Leandro Damiao was suspended!

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Flamengo vs Figueirense I will stay awake to watch this game as it tends to be a very tactical one. The new promoted Figueirense is standing on the best position in their history and their performance, together with Coritiba's, are speaking loud and clear about the good level that Serie B in Brasil has. Figueira team has 7 wins, 5 draws and 5 defeats away. Have 13 positive results in a row. After just 1 win among 6 draws, the team started to win and now has 6 wins in a row. It is a dream for them and their coach Jorginho, to play in next edition of Copa Libertadores. Will be hard for them as they will meet Flu and Corinthians at home and Avai away. But it is not impossible. Having a great midfielder as Wellington Nem surely is, 9 goals so far, and a great striker as Julio Cesar, 11 goals so far, Figueira cannot be underdog here. Flamengo dissapointed again their fans. They are only on 6th spot, 1 point under Figueira, Rubro Nero will try to get the win to pass their today rivals in standings. Well, after 1 win in last 6 games home, I cannot put my money on them. They are scoring against every one, while Figueirense are having also good goal appetite, but I do not think either that will see a goal galore here. Tonight will be a derby and both teams will be very cautious about losing this one. Home side has great scoring material, but Figueirense amanegd only a 1-0 in Rio de Janeiro, same stadium as tonight, against Botafogo, another team with good scoring appetite. The defensive of Figueirense will be very hard to break down and I think they will be even more carreful tonight. I think Figueirense cannot come for the seventh win in a row. I also think that Flamengo is not having enough power to win this match. Will be a hard battle in the midfield and do not think will have more than 2 goals. I recomend 3 bets: draw, under 2 goals and under 2,5 goals. Flamengo: Paulo Victor, Léo Moura, Alex Silva, Welinton & Junior Cesar; Airton, Willians, Renato & Thiago Neves; Ronaldinho & Deivid. Figueirense: Wilson, Bruno, Roger Carvalho, Edson Silva & Juninho; Ygor, Túlio, Coutinho & Elias; Wellington Nem & Julio Cesar. We can note that Alex Silva gets back for home side but they are missing main goalkeeper, Felipe. Enjoy! under 2.5 goals @ 2.09 with 5Dimes

Wow Fluminense/Gremio insane game..
It was indeed an insane game! I was all over Fluminense yesterday in combo's with America and atletico PR so at the end it was a great night for me but damn my heart stopped a few times. :loon Thx bagzi for the tips, I really appreciate what you do here for Brasil thread.

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD I favour Atletico MG tonight for the win. Although coritiba is in an excellent run in the last 5 games but they still struggle away from home and only won 1 out of the last 8 away games. Now they have to face another in-form team Atletico MG who still needs points to avoid relegation. At home they are pretty strong winning 5 games out of the last 7 and drew 2 times. Coritiba also misses Marcos aurelio tonight who is a decent striker. Atletico MG misses midfielder Daniel carvalho and guilherme but they have a wide squad to replace them. All in all I think that the home advantage and the poor away form of coritiba will give a slight advantage to Atletico MG. Also H2H shows that Atletico won the last 5 times at home against coritiba. I fancy home win and over 2.5 goals in this one. :) Santos vs Atletico GO. We have on one side Santos who are doing great at the moment against a lost team called Atletico GO. Atletico is 5 points clear from relegation so they will still fight for points tonight but Santos at home is very strong nowadays and I heard that they are playing full-squad tonight instead of last week when they fielded many youngsters who also won btw against caera. Santos winning 4 out of last 5 games and drew 1. Scoring at least 2 goals at home in every game while Atletico is conceding every game and lost their last 4 games. Also away from home their form is terrible. I think tonight we'll see a fresh Santos squad who will cover the handicap and still have chance for a spot in the top 4. Fancy home win and I'll try the -1.5 line aswell. Goodluck all!

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Atletico MG> Coritiba = 1 (1.85) Totosì stake 5 / 10 Atletico MG position 15° points 39 Coritiba position 9° points 51 Preview: Atletico MG: suspended: Carlos Cezar (defender 9 / 1), Daniel Carvalho (midfielder 21 / 3). Coritiba: Suspended: Luca Mendes (defender 21 / 0). Atletico MG has a score in house w8-d3-l6 goals scored 25 goals against 20 Coritiba has a score out of the house w3-d5-l9 goals scored 16 goals against 25. Atletico MG is struggling to avoid relegation in their last three home games has recorded three wins. This is a very important match for the home team because the last game must play against Corinthians, Botafogo, Cruzeiro, which is struggling to avoid relegation. Stadium sold out for this event. Coritiba is in good shape, in the last five games has not even suffered a defeat. Their main goal is to win the Copa Libertadores. 1 Quote of the sign down on many books. When playing at home, Atletico Mineiro has never lost to Coritiba in the last four meetings. Coritiba has a winning streak of 3 games in Serie A. Brasilero :hope:hope:hope

Atletico MG> Coritiba = 1 (1.85) Totosì stake 5 / 10 Atletico MG position 15° points 39 Coritiba position 9° points 51 Preview: Atletico MG: suspended: Carlos Cezar (defender 9 / 1), Daniel Carvalho (midfielder 21 / 3). Coritiba: Suspended: Luca Mendes (defender 21 / 0). Atletico MG has a score in house w8-d3-l6 goals scored 25 goals against 20 Coritiba has a score out of the house w3-d5-l9 goals scored 16 goals against 25. Atletico MG is struggling to avoid relegation in their last three home games has recorded three wins. This is a very important match for the home team because the last game must play against Corinthians, Botafogo, Cruzeiro, which is struggling to avoid relegation. Stadium sold out for this event. Coritiba is in good shape, in the last five games has not even suffered a defeat. Their main goal is to win the Copa Libertadores. 1 Quote of the sign down on many books. When playing at home, Atletico Mineiro has never lost to Coritiba in the last four meetings. Coritiba has a winning streak of 3 games in Serie A. Brasilero :hope:hope:hope
Ca$HHHHHHHHHH :clap

Saturday 19 November 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Grêmio FBPA v Ceará SC (21:00 GMT) 1.76 3.8 4.7 104.41 %
maximize.gif São Paulo FC v América Futebol Clube-MG (21:00 GMT) 1.66 3.65 6.4 103.02 %
maximize.gif Vasco da Gama v Avaí FC (21:00 GMT) 1.42 5.5 10.5 98.13 %
Sunday 20 November 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Atlético Goianiense v Flamengo (19:00 GMT) 2.62 3.3 2.66 106.06 %
maximize.gif Botafogo FR v SC Internacional (19:00 GMT) 2.2 3.4 3.2 106.12 %
maximize.gif Cruzeiro EC v Atlético Paranaense (19:00 GMT) 1.78 3.45 4.7 106.44 %
maximize.gif SC Corinthians v Atlético Mineiro (19:00 GMT) 1.57 4.2 6 104.11 %
maximize.gif Coritiba FC v Santos FC (21:00 GMT) 1.9 3.6 4.6 101.90 %
maximize.gif Esporte Clube Bahia v Palmeiras (21:00 GMT) 2.38 3.1 3.2 105.52 %
maximize.gif Figueirense FC v Fluminense FC (21:00 GMT) 2.32 3.35 3 106.29 %

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Coritiba - Santos 22:00CET Santos coach Muricy Ramalho already make it clear he will use the best 11 for games against Atletico GO and Bahia at home, but in last two away matches he will use B team (already one game played vs Ceara where Santos beat them by 3-2). So, my point is that Santos will again be playing with youngsters, this time against very hard and good Coritiba side. I belive in easy home winner here. Fair line -1 Coritiba (-0.75) AH @1.79 sbobet 7/10

Any tip about Cruzeiro vs. Atletico PR Bagzi ?
I think that the draw is the most likely result. Cruzeiro have serious problems in the back, they'll miss their two main central backs Victorino ((Uruguay international) suspended) and Léo (injuried), the third option, Naldo, is also suspended, so coach Mancini will have to improvise a defensive midfielder (Leandro Guerreiro) in the central back. Vitor (right side back) is out, the fans are really angry with his performances and he'll be replaced by Marquinhos Paraná, another defensive midfielder. The good thing for Cruzeiro is the return of Montillo (star of the team). I don't know who Macini is gonna put in front, if he chooses Everton (attacking midfielder/winger) is better than Ortigoza, one of the worst players I've ever seen and it's important that he chooses Anselmo Ramon over Farías (despite the fact that Farías made the goal against Internacional). I watched last 5 Cruzeiro's games and they were never the better team on the pitch. Atlético PR are pretty bad, specially away, but they're in better form, in the last 10 games they won 48% of the points and Cruzeiro only 33%. The last point is the set pieces, Cruzeiro score a lot in corners and fouls near the area, without 3 tall defenders, I don't know how well they're gonna do, specially if it rains, when it's harder to score with the ball rolling. I don't see value in Cruzeiro under 2.00. Anyway, no bet for me.

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Hi guys and thank you for the useful info, any suggestions for OVER plays tonight? As we should see some considering the importance of the games for some of the teams. I was thinking Corinthians vs Atl Mineiro and Palmeiras vs Bahia also looks goods. What do you think?

Hi guys and thank you for the useful info' date=' any suggestions for OVER plays tonight? As we should see some considering the importance of the games for some of the teams. I was thinking Corinthians vs Atl Mineiro and Palmeiras vs Bahia also looks goods. What do you think?[/quote'] :lol You are right man, better option : two way bets. There are many crazy referees wich give easily red cards and if you put on Corinthians for ex you will be surprised to see they get red cards too, at home! So,refs doenst protect any big , top teams like in Europe. I think betting on a certain team to win is risky.. hence your point is good: Goals!

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Bahia - Palmeiras 22:00CET I realy like Bahia against Palmeiras tonight, Bahians have decisive game to stay away from relegation, Palmeiras aren´t in good position too, but at the moment i belive that home side is closer to get all three points. Home team coach has some doubts for the game since Marcos and Fabinho are both suspended, but the very good news is that coach Joel Santana will welcome back three key players fort his match, striker and top scorer of the team Souza (10 goals), and defenders Paulo Miranda (1 goal) and Titi (2 goals). Palmeiras will be without first goalkepeer Marcos - injured, and defender Thiago Heleno (3 goals PAA) is doubtful. I belive in close game but i give advantage to hosts this time. Bahia (-0.25) AH @2.19 188 bet 5/10

:lol You are right man, better option : two way bets. There are many crazy referees wich give easily red cards and if you put on Corinthians for ex you will be surprised to see they get red cards too, at home! So,refs doenst protect any big , top teams like in Europe. I think betting on a certain team to win is risky.. hence your point is good: Goals!
yupp and live you get good odds, because mostly goals come after 1st quarter and in the second half.

Sunday 27 November 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif América Futebol Clube-MG v Atlético Paranaense (19:00 GMT) 2.9 3.4 2.55 103.11 %
maximize.gif Atlético Mineiro v Botafogo FR (19:00 GMT) 1.92 3.5 4.5 102.88 %
maximize.gif Ceará SC v Cruzeiro EC (19:00 GMT) 2.43 3.4 2.95 104.46 %
maximize.gif Coritiba FC v Avaí FC (19:00 GMT) 1.32 5.5 12 102.27 %
maximize.gif Figueirense FC v SC Corinthians (19:00 GMT) 2.62 3.3 2.7 105.44 %
maximize.gif Flamengo v SC Internacional (19:00 GMT) 2.32 3.4 3.15 104.26 %
maximize.gif Fluminense FC v Vasco da Gama (19:00 GMT) 2.66 3.4 2.8 102.72 %
maximize.gif Grêmio FBPA v Atlético Goianiense (19:00 GMT) 1.83 3.6 4.5 104.55 %
maximize.gif Palmeiras v São Paulo FC (19:00 GMT) 3 3.3 2.45 104.45 %
maximize.gif Santos FC v Esporte Clube Bahia (19:00 GMT) 1.7 3.6 5.5 104.78 %

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD I know that Corinthians and Palmeiras are big rivals in Brasil and that Palmeiras will try to win to damage the party of Corinthians. Is between Vasco and Flamengo a rivalry too? Plays Flamengo for something yet? Another match between two teams with big rivalry is Internacional, which plays for Libertadores, versus Gremio which plays for nothing, what do you think? And is the same for Cruziero and Atletico MG, or not? Big rivalry, one team playing for relegation and the other for nothing Anybody see any clear here?

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD all the teams facing their biggest rivals last matchday. They designed the schedule this way cause last 2 years Gremio and Palmeiras did probably lose on purpose to harm their local rivals. Exception could be Bahia-Ceara, cause Bahia arch enemy is Serie B team Vitoria not Ceara. But i read Bahia will still play with their regular starters despite they are safe already and maybe they would prefer Cruzeiro to avoid relegation instead of Ceara anyway, cause of some northeast rivalry. Not sure there.

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD tommy, and why Bahia would prefer Cruzeiro to avoid the relegation, instead Ceara? I believe that Ceara is a more modest club than Cruzeiro (could be more easy to Bahia next year to get points from Ceará that from Curzeiro) and I believe too, that for Bahia, the city of Ceara is really much closer than the city of Cruzeiro (best trip for them too)

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD i checked brasilian sports newsletters. seems that Bahia and Ceara really have a good relationship http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/brasileirao-serie-a/noticia/2011/11/publicacao-no-site-oficial-do-bahia-deixa-cruzeirenses-preocupados.html says that official Bahia site congratulated Sport and Nautico for their promotion and stated would be good for football in Northeast if Ceara would stay in Serie A as well. Furthermore Bahia will miss 3 players cause of yellow card suspension and Helder is doubtful for the match. Think we will have to see how this develops in the media during the week. Might be the only game in which there isnt huge rivalry.

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD There's something in Brazil called "withe briefcase" it's when a tem give money for the players of another team so they can win the game, to motivate them. Technically, there's nothing wrong, 'cause you're not offering money for a team to lose ("black briefcase"). Cruzeiro offered a prize of 2 million reais for America's players to beat Atlético PR, it worked. So, for the game against Ceará, I don't see anything different than this, or Bahia aren't going to apply much and relegate Cruzeiro, or they'll run a lot for the "white briefcase". Why Bahia's players would do anything different from America's? For 3 simple reasons. 1 - Cruzeiro will be a stronger opponent than Ceará next year, so it's interesting to keep them away from Serie A. Besides that, they prefer another team from northeast in Serie A. (Like Carovie said above) 2 - In 2003 Bahia were relegated in a game against Cruzeiro, when they were humiliated by 7-0 defeat at home. Some fans think that's pay back time. Maybe the board feels that way too. 3 - Joel Santana, Bahia's coach, trainned Cruzeiro this year and was dismissed, leaving the club with some hard feelings, specially against Cruzeiro's board. No bet for me anyway, specially backing Bahia. If they want to relegate Cruzeiro, the bet will be lost, if they try their best to have a good fat xmas with the "white briefcase" there's no guarantee they are gonna win the match.

Sunday 4 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Atlético Goianiense v América Futebol Clube-MG (19:00 GMT) 1.8 3.5 4.55 106.11 %
maximize.gif Atlético Paranaense v Coritiba FC (19:00 GMT) 2.9 3.3 2.44 105.77 %
maximize.gif Avaí FC v Figueirense FC (19:00 GMT) 4.33 3.5 1.91 104.00 %
maximize.gif Botafogo FR v Fluminense FC (19:00 GMT) 3 3.4 2.25 107.19 %
maximize.gif Cruzeiro EC v Atlético Mineiro (19:00 GMT) 2.22 3.3 3.2 106.60 %
maximize.gif Esporte Clube Bahia v Ceará SC (19:00 GMT) 2.75 3.3 2.55 105.88 %
maximize.gif São Paulo FC v Santos FC (19:00 GMT) 1.61 3.75 5.5 106.76 %
maximize.gif SC Corinthians v Palmeiras (19:00 GMT) 1.81 3.5 5 103.82 %
maximize.gif SC Internacional v Grêmio FBPA (19:00 GMT) 1.91 3.6 4.5 102.36 %
maximize.gif Vasco da Gama v Flamengo (19:00 GMT) 2.23 3.39 3.4 103.75 %

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD I just don't see Cruzeiro winning this one. Cruzeiro were terrible in the last 7 matches, they showed some improvement against Ceará, but it just wasn't enough. You can search in Youtube the highlights of those games, Fabio (Cruzeiro's goalkeeper) made 3 or 4 very important interventions in every one of those matches. First problem for Cruzeiro, Fabio's not gonna play today. Cruzeiro have serious problems to create goal chances, what lead us to the second problem, Montillo, the playmaker and star of the team, is not gonna play either. Well, Atlético are doing great at the moment. They almost defeated Coritnhians and Figueirense away and did it against Fluminense, away too; those three, along with Vasco, were the best teams in the second half of the champíonship. Cruzeiro is nowhere near those teams. Atlético have the best defense of the second half of the championship and they're creating quite a few chances to score. Atlético's president, Alexandre Kalil, sat down with the players and talked about the importance to relegate their rivals today. Friday, the fans watched the last trainning to show to the team how much they care about this game. And probably Atlético PR will give a "white briefcase" (see post above) to give that extra boost. Finally, Cuca trainned Cruzeiro earlier this season, so he knows every fault and every point that Atletico should explore and be aware of. Probable line ups: Cruzeiro: Rafael; Diego Renan, Léo, Victorino, Éverton; Leandro Gurreiro, Charles, Fabrício, Roger; Wellington Paulista and Anselmo Ramon. Miss: Fábio, Montillo and Marquinhos Paraná. Atlético: Renan Ribeiro; Serginho, Réver, Leonardo Silva, Richarlyson; Pierre, Fillipe Soutto, Carlos César, Daniel Carvalho; Bernard and André. Miss: Neto Berola. Pick: Atlético DNB @2.60 (medium stake) I really think that Atlético can take this one, but as it is the last round, many things can happen, Bahia and Coritiba might be winning their games in half time, in that scenario Cruzeiro would be safe from relegation and Atlético players might relax a little bit.

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD International> Gremio = 1 (1.65) bet365 stake 7 / 10 International position 6° points 57 Gremio position 12° points 48 Preview: International: Suspended: Bolivar (defender 25 / 2); injured: Rodrigo (defender 3 / 0); fall: D'Alessandro (midfielder 29 / 8), Klebe (defender 30 / 2) r, Guinazu (midfielder 29 / 0). Gremio: Suspended: Adilson (midfielder 23 / 1); Injured: Rafael Marques (defender 28 / 4), Brandão (ataccante 14 / 4), Gilberto Silva (Midfielder 21 / 1); fall: Rochemback (midfielder 30 / 1). The Internacional has a score in house w9-d6-l3 goals scored 33 goals against 23 while Gremio has a score out of the house w4-d3-l11 goals scored 16 goals against 33. The Internacional in their last 10 games he lost only three times with teams such as Flamengo, Cruzeiro, Fluminense. The home team absolutely must win this match in order to participate in the Copa Libertadores. The team Gremio very weak outside the home with 11 defeats in 18 games, the team has already achieved a place in the Copa Sudamericana afronterà this game without any important reason with some level of absences. Declining share of many books. Earlier last season: 0-0 (Internacional at home) and 2-2 (Gremio at home). Gremio in the last five has never won. A year ago, Gremio was 4 in the standings with 60 points. Now it's 12 with 48 points. :hope:hope:hope

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD This round will be very very hard, many derby matches, arch rivals, relegation and title battles. Bahia - Ceara This one is tough but i belive it is good time to pick Ceara, at least DNB option. @2.13 with pinnacle looks tasty. Bahia is already in safe position and coach gave rest to many starting players, they have small chances for international competition but i realy don´t belive they will use their maximum on very low chances. Atletico GO - America Mineiro Atletico need only one point to qualify for Copa Sudamericana, on the other hand America MG is playing realy great lately, with 4 wins out of last 5 matches, this is very impressive for this relegated team. Atletico PR - Coritiba Great derby between arch rivals, Atletico PR needing to win to avoid relegation to serie B, and Coritiba playing for place in Copa Libertadores and to relegate his biggest rivals. Avai - Figueirense Another arch rivals derby game, Avai is already relegated but the players will fight hard to beat the rival and to prevent their big rival not to go to Copa Libertadores next season. Corinthians - Palmeiras One of the biggest derby tonight at Sao Paulo state. To become champions Corinthians need just a point, but will have three major missings, Ralf, Danilo and Emerson are all out of the match. Palmeiras will do anything to prevent rivals in title battle. Botafogo - Fluminense Another derby and my money will go on Fluminense tonight, Botafogo is in crisis lately and Flu needs just one point to secure place in Copa Libertadores, i belive in Flu victory.

This round will be very very hard, many derby matches, arch rivals, relegation and title battles. Bahia - Ceara This one is tough but i belive it is good time to pick Ceara, at least DNB option. @2.13 with pinnacle looks tasty. Bahia is already in safe position and coach gave rest to many starting players, they have small chances for international competition but i realy don´t belive they will use their maximum on very low chances. Atletico GO - America Mineiro Atletico need only one point to qualify for Copa Sudamericana, on the other hand America MG is playing realy great lately, with 4 wins out of last 5 matches, this is very impressive for this relegated team. Atletico PR - Coritiba Great derby between arch rivals, Atletico PR needing to win to avoid relegation to serie B, and Coritiba playing for place in Copa Libertadores and to relegate his biggest rivals. Avai - Figueirense Another arch rivals derby game, Avai is already relegated but the players will fight hard to beat the rival and to prevent their big rival not to go to Copa Libertadores next season. Corinthians - Palmeiras One of the biggest derby tonight at Sao Paulo state. To become champions Corinthians need just a point, but will have three major missings, Ralf, Danilo and Emerson are all out of the match. Palmeiras will do anything to prevent rivals in title battle. Botafogo - Fluminense Another derby and my money will go on Fluminense tonight, Botafogo is in crisis lately and Flu needs just one point to secure place in Copa Libertadores, i belive in Flu victory.
Hello Bagzi, could the death of Socrates have an impact on Corinthians performance? Wil they be more motivated?