** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD

I really want to get closer to the games this week before going for any picks. Some good options in the posts above....Fact is in-play I hit really hard here, while my main picks are not good in general, as the whole championship at this phase makes less sense. Atletico MG involved in 2 Unders in a row and winning? With clean sheets? I feel they will be fighting against relegation until the end, similar situation to last season when they looked in real trouble for ceratin period... If history repeats then I expect them to improve a lot in the last quarter, Maybe they already do improve - 2 wins vs lower-table teams, yet wins - players see hope and pick up confidence. What could be a better motivation than packed Murumbi and a festive local crowd? Over 2,75 Goals is what I am looking at, I think guests are becoming dangerous by every next game, and they can score. Stats-wise failed to score in only 2 games away. Sorry, but it looks safer to me than the H'cap line, despite being lower. But then again if the folks above are right about the - 1AH, it is only another goal I need, right ;) Watched Avai a couple of times, in long periods their forwards are loking like angry wasps, dangerous all over. Team is usually branded as a poor one, but they scalped Flamengo with great spirit, not to mention how much they cost me turning that game vs Corinthians earlier. Both teams are clearly Overish, another Over 2,75 Goals for me. I expect Santos to try to kill the game earlier and take over later as of the better quality, but I also expect an attacking approach by hosts, with not much to lose... I also think Ceara performed above their real level earlier and the slide down looks very possible to me. Away to a well-organized team, with good attacking options, I see Botafogo beating the - 1,5AH. Another one to follow close on the in-play, as I see more goals in the Second Half too, it might take a bit longer to hosts to break Ceara, who IMO will come out with one task only - defend that 0-0 at the start. Similar thoughts on the game in Porto Alegre, but guests scoring is another tempting bet, as of the odds. Cruzeiro & Gremio are my in-play favourites. During State Championships they were both very reliable, but things changed. Backing any of these two early though is a lottery for me. IN-PLAY. For no big reason I feel the game in Goiania will be a very high-scoring one, so will go for Over 1 Goals in FH for now. Will never touch Corinthians again :D, but draw at HT with Palmeiras in any away game is good to me... Never check the odds yet, but those bets above will be as usual with bet365, and will join you here during the games with in-play thoughts ( hopefully good ones ). Good luck all
Cruzeiro - one bet lost, one void Atletico GO - one bet lost, one void Botafogo - two bets won Inter Porto Alegre - two bets won, one bet lost Atletico Para - one bet won Avai - one bet - half won - half void Sao Paolo - one bet - half won - half void A great high-scoring week here, could have made very good return, yet making the size of the stake in Atletico GO much higher has ''eaten up'' a good 60% of the original-planned bets and profit...:wall...and the game started so well, with goals at both ends.

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunday 11 September 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Ceará SC v Atlético Goianiense (20:00 BST) 2 3.65 4.33 100.47 %
maximize.gif Coritiba FC v Botafogo FR (20:00 BST) 2.12 3.77 3.7 100.72 %
maximize.gif Figueirense FC v Vasco da Gama (20:00 BST) 2.46 3.55 3.15 100.57 %
maximize.gif Fluminense FC v SC Corinthians (20:00 BST) 2.46 3.52 3.25 99.83 %
maximize.gif Palmeiras v SC Internacional (20:00 BST) 2.1 3.65 4.11 99.35 %
maximize.gif Atlético Mineiro v Esporte Clube Bahia (22:00 BST) 1.75 4 5.5 100.32 %
maximize.gif Flamengo v Atlético Paranaense (22:00 BST) 1.53 4.56 7.8 100.11 %
maximize.gif Grêmio FBPA v São Paulo FC (22:00 BST) 2.3 3.5 3.5 100.62 %

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Palmeiras vs Internacional Porto Alegre Home side is a killer on their own venue while Inter is not a good team away. They haven;t get any point to the big teams venue in the entire season. Palemeiras also had a problem with big names and made draws at home. Palmeiras is on 7th spot, 7 points under the leaders. Inter is on 8th spot, 2 points less. home win @ 2.10 with Stan James Ceara vs Atletico Goianiense Home side is living dangerous these days as they arrived 5 points from the relegationb area. So the win hjere is a must! Goiania is staying much better, with 8 points above red line. Goiania had an explosive series of 5 wins, but since that moment they lost 2-3 to Fluminense and a 1-1 at home. Ceara has just 1 win in last 5 games and are absolutely hungry for goals and points. Ceara will play 3-5-2 with: Fernando Henrique; Thiago Matias, Heleno and Edmilson; João Marcos, Michel, Rudnei, Thiago Humberto and Egídio; Osvaldo and Washington. As you can see, Ceara misses Fabricio for the red card taken on last game against Botafogo, defender Deigo Sacoman and midfielder Careca. They will have on the field defender Thiago Matias bought from Santa Cruz. Atletico Goianiense will be: Márcio; Rafael Cruz, Leonardo, Gilson and Ernandes; Agenor, Pituca, Bida and Joílson; Juninho and Anselmo. Goiania will miss midfielder Victor Junior, defender Anderson, defender Thiago Feltri and midfielder Felipe Brisola. I expect home side to win finally and get three points. I watched the game against Botafogo and they dominated the home side, missed some chances, but got a red card in the end of first half, at 0-1. Botafogo won 4-0 in the end. Home side should win here. home win @ 1.99 with 5Dimes Fluminense vs Corinthians Flu got 3 wins in last 3 games and I think this is more than enough for them. Rhey almost lost the last game home, with Goiania, winning in the last 8 minutes a match that was 0-2 in the 82nd minute. Corinthinas lost to Coritiba in last game away, but twice have hit the post and also had some other big occasions to win the game. Deco, Diguinho, Valencia, Araújo and Matheus Carvalho are missing for home side. Emerson, Alessandro, Fábio Santos, Ramírez, Adriano are out for Flu. Away side will be: Julio Cesar, Weldinho, Chicão, Leandro Castán and Ramon; Ralf, Paulinho and Alex; Willian, Liedson and Jorge Henrique. Flu will enter with: Diego Cavalieri, Mariano, Gum, Leandro Euzébio and Carlinhos; Edinho, Rodrigo (Diogo), Marquinho and Lanzini; Ciro and Fred. I think that hoem side is a very good team, but will not win against a team that fights for title and has a good morale after winning in the DERBY, last round. away +0.25 AH @ 1.98 with Ladbrokers Gremio vs Sao Paolo Home side fights against relegation, while Sao Paolo is playing for wining the title. Away side will play fully effective, ok, without the long term injured players. They are having just 1 defeat in last 8 games, with 4 draws and 3 wins. Gremio is doing great, 3 wins in last 5 games, but the opponents were not the best teams in Brazil. I simply think that Sao Paolo will get something from this game, a difficult game as Olimpico is a very tough place to go for points. The motivation is very high for Sao Paolo, being 2 points under number 1 spot. The missing players of Gremio: Fábio Rochemback, suspensed; Gilberto Silva, Rodolfo, Vilson and Willian Magrão injured are all rocks for Gremio and Sao Paolo ain't Bahia to go for a win without them. Celso Roth did a great job here, but I think this will be a hard game for Gremistas and I do not see them getting with a win. I like the Gremio equipment and I liked them so much last season. Sao Paolo is my heart team in Brazil. Hope that Sao Paolo will win the match and the title while Gremio will get a Sudamericana position. Tonight Gremio will not win! away +0.25 AH @ 1.98 with Pinnacle Sports Flamengo vs ParanaenseHome side comes after 4 winless games and that moment becomes crucial. They dropped down up to 7 points from the leaders. Flamengo will end all their chances if they will not win here. Ronaldinho is in the team and everything is set for a home win. I insist to believe that will be a show, some goals in Paranense net, for coooling down the fans. That is why I go for -1 AH. home -1 AH @ 1.88 with 188bet

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Don´t have much time but will write some thought about tonight´s games. :ok Palmeiras - International Internacional (+0.5)AH @2.00 188bet 4/10 Palmeiras is in down trend at the moment and have some internal problems between coach and some players (Valdivia). Moreover Palmeiras will miss many important players for this duel - Kleber, Maikon Leite, João Vitor, Valdivia and Dinei all out. International will welcome back two key players Oscar and Damião both available.

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Figueirense -Vasco Vasco da Gama (+0.25) AH @2.05 pinnacle 4/10 Over 11.5 corners @1.80 bet365 3/10 Home side has realy up and downs lately expecially at home where they were one of the most consistent "home teams" in the league, at the moment they winning away from home and often losing in front of their own fans. The attacking style for the moment isn´t good choice, they are playing better when using defensive sheme, but again this time they will go ofensive. Vasco is side that can easily punish this as they have very fast wingers and forwards. I belive Vasco will not lose this one, and as both teams are going for victory i belive will be many corners in the game.

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Another side that is in great form for the past month or so is Botafogo and i don´t belive they will lose tonight, so i´ll try Botafogo (+0.5)AH @1.90 pinnacle 4/10. Alsdo like corner bet in this one so i go: Over 11.5 corners @1.80 bet365 3/10 I hope in profitable night. :ok

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Flamengo vs Paranaense Paranaense without two players Cleber Santana and Madson (suspended). Flamengo if want to rise up they must win at home with full team and without suspended player. Flamengo win but I dont know how many goals Flamengo score. Flamengo (-1) is my selection for tonight. Good Luck.

Don´t have much time but will write some thought about tonight´s games. :ok Palmeiras - International Internacional (+0.5)AH @2.00 188bet 4/10 Palmeiras is in down trend at the moment and have some internal problems between coach and some players (Valdivia). Moreover Palmeiras will miss many important players for this duel - Kleber, Maikon Leite, João Vitor, Valdivia and Dinei all out. International will welcome back two key players Oscar and Damião both available.
Very uninspired I was in selection of this bet! :puke:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Flamengo - Atletico PR 23:00CET After three games without a single win (all 3 defeats) Flamengo must start winning is they wanna fight tor brazilian title this year. Coach Luxemburgo wants that his side return to winning track fast. I belive they will gain all three points tonight vs Atletico PR, a side who are in bad run of 6 matches without a win. Moreover they will miss three key players - Cleber Santana, Madson both suspended and Kléberson (he will not play due to contract caluzule). Flamengo (-0.75) AH @1.99 IBC/12bet 6/10

OMG' date= -50 points this night!!! :puke:puke:puke:puke:puke :wall:wall:wall:wall:wall
No worries mate, that is soccer - sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. You was big winner lately, and now bad timing came. You will recover yourself fast, i know your ability. :ok

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD BOTOFAGO -0.25 1.85 Sbobet 10/10 FLUMINENSE dnb Sbobet 2.05 10/10 INTERNACIONAL Sbobet 1.83 -0.5 10/10 I go back to Flamengo against me seems to be in free fall, has remedied Sunday Botofago true that a heavy defeat to Coritiba 5-0 to Flamengo in the last few days but managed to do worse than losing at home to Bahia and Paranense that are scarce . Fluminense favorite I would be happy to play the unfavorable, Bahia that despite the victory of a few weeks ago in Flamengo for me is very weak, Flum which ultimately grew well on the road. Internacional is playing well this time the team seems on the rise, Coritiba that despite the clear victory on Sunday outside the home seems beatable, I also like the share.

Saturday 17 September 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Atlético Goianiense v Atlético Mineiro (22:00 BST) 2.2 3.45 3.8 100.76 %
maximize.gif São Paulo FC v Ceará SC (22:00 BST) 1.54 4.2 7.5 102.08 %
maximize.gif Vasco da Gama v Grêmio FBPA (22:00 BST) 1.86 3.65 4.5 103.38 %
Sunday 18 September 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Atlético Paranaense v Figueirense FC (20:00 BST) 2.3 3.3 3.4 103.19 %
maximize.gif Avaí FC v Palmeiras (20:00 BST) 2.8 3.3 2.6 104.48 %
maximize.gif Botafogo FR v Flamengo (20:00 BST) 2.22 3.35 3.3 105.20 %
maximize.gif Esporte Clube Bahia v Fluminense FC (20:00 BST) 2.75 3.3 2.62 104.83 %
maximize.gif SC Corinthians v Santos FC (21:00 BST) 1.93 3.45 4.1 105.19 %
maximize.gif Cruzeiro EC v América Futebol Clube-MG (22:00 BST) 1.66 3.9 5.85 102.74 %
maximize.gif SC Internacional v Coritiba FC (22:00 BST) 1.8 3.6 4.6 105.07 %

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Atletico PR - Figueirense 21:00CET At the moment i belive this is good bet and we must take the best odds as i belive it will be dropping. Home side is in relegation zone with only 22pts and they need very fast to pull up in the table, the good stage came when they beat strong Flamengo in away game by 2-1 and i hope they will continue in the best manner, expecially after great news for the coach - he will welcome back one of the best players in the squad midfielder Paulo Baier (10 goals in Paulista A1 state championship, and 10 goals in last serie A season) who was sidelined since June 9 and now totaly recovered from injury. Figueirense is in down trend at the moment , they didn´t won for three games in a row, moreover they are usualy good at home but in away games they are always nice team to bet against. I´ve watched last game when they drew vs Vasco at home, realy going through not good period lately and good saves by the goalkepeer and pure luck save them from defeat in that match. This -0.25 is good line to catch as i belive that fair is -0.5 line. Atletico PR (-0.25) AH @1.95 pinnacle 4/10

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Corinthians vs Santos Both teams are willing to win this game. Santos for escaping from relegation area, which is close, while Corinthians for staying top of the table. 6 wins, 3 draws and 6 defeats for Santos are the numbers in direct meetings on Pacaembu and I think tonight will also be a tight match as it is this statistic. Santos had some great games lately, great results and I think the bigger stress is on Corinthians side. Their form is not so good and I think 2 wins in a row for them at home si too much already. Hope in a positive result for muricy Ramalho side! away +0.75 AH @ 1.78 with >Victor Chandler

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Botafogo RJ - Flamengo RJ 21:00CET Great night, great players, great derby. This is all what makes big history between the two rival sides. Both sides wanting to win and i realy expect spectacle tonight. Botafogo didn´t win rival Flamengo (in serie A matches) for almost 11 years and will do anything for the first victory since 07/10/2000 when they beat Fla by 3-1. Flamengo is in realy bad run of 5 matches without a win (1 draw and 4 defeats), poor shape, crisis in the team, wow it will be hard for them tonight that is for sure. On the side of Botafogo, after awesome period and 5 win s in a row came humiliating defeat at Curitiba where they were beaten by Coxa for 5-0. Realy embarrasing defeat, but all players promised better defence with strong marking and fast attack. All in all, i belive they will get positive result as they are in better form at the moment. Botafogo have one important missing - Elkeson is suspended, and Flamengo have all players available. Probable line ups: BOTAFOGO: Jefferson; Lucas, Antônio Carlos, Fábio Ferreira e Cortês; Marcelo Mattos, Renato, Maicosuel e Felipe Menezes; Herrera e Loco Abreu. Técnico: Caio Junior. FLAMENGO: Felipe; Léo Moura, Alex Silva, Welinton e Junior Cesar; Aírton, Willians, Renato e Thiago Neves; Ronaldinho e Deivid. Técnico: Vanderlei Luxemburgo. Botafogo (-0.25) AH @2.11 pinnacle 4/10

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Coritnhians - Santos 21:00CET And what to say abouth this one, another big derby match where anything is possible, but tonight my money goes to home side as i see them better prepaired and well motivated. Santos is team who is already qualified for the next Copa Libertadores, they hardly can do something better in the league and on the other hand Corinthians is in ust win situation in title battle. They are at 3rd spot in the table with 43pts, 2 less then league leaders Vasco (they have one game in hand). The great news for home side is that defender Chicao is back and will be in the starting line up. Although Santos have many young stars in the team, this time i belive in more experiensed Corinthians side. Probable line ups: CORINTHIANS: Júlio César, Alessandro, Chicão, Leandro Castán e Ramón; Ralf, Paulinho e Alex; Jorge Henrique, Emerson e Liedson. Técnico: Tite. SANTOS: Rafael, Danilo, Edu Dracena, Durval e Léo; Adriano, Henrique e Ibson; Neymar, Alan Kardec e Borges. Técnico: Muricy Ramalho. Corinthians (-0.5) AH @1.88 sbobet 5/10

Corinthians vs Santos Both teams are willing to win this game. Santos for escaping from relegation area, which is close, while Corinthians for staying top of the table. 6 wins, 3 draws and 6 defeats for Santos are the numbers in direct meetings on Pacaembu and I think tonight will also be a tight match as it is this statistic. Santos had some great games lately, great results and I think the bigger stress is on Corinthians side. Their form is not so good and I think 2 wins in a row for them at home si too much already. Hope in a positive result for muricy Ramalho side! away +0.75 AH @ 1.78 with >Victor Chandler
I thought all week to get Santos at that huge price. In the end I came out to this, but it is ok although. I was terrorized by the last week when I had 5 dead out of 5! This Serie A is something incredible ...

Thursday 22 September 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif América Futebol Clube-MG v Santos FC (00:30 BST) 3.3 3.65 2.37 99.81 %
maximize.gif Coritiba FC v Cruzeiro EC (00:30 BST) 1.95 3.85 4.75 98.25 %
maximize.gif Esporte Clube Bahia v Atlético Paranaense (00:30 BST) 2.14 3.4 3.75 102.81 %
maximize.gif Fluminense FC v Avaí FC (00:30 BST) 1.53 4.4 7.5 101.28 %
maximize.gif Atlético Mineiro v Flamengo (01:50 BST) 2.37 3.65 3.2 100.75 %
maximize.gif Figueirense FC v SC Internacional (01:50 BST) 2.5 3.35 2.94 103.86 %
maximize.gif São Paulo FC v SC Corinthians (01:50 BST) 2.25 3.4 3.55 102.03 %
Friday 23 September 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Grêmio FBPA v Botafogo FR (00:30 BST) 2.04 3.45 4 103.01 %
maximize.gif Palmeiras v Ceará SC (00:30 BST) 1.6 4.1 6.4 102.52 %
maximize.gif Vasco da Gama v Atlético Goianiense (00:30 BST) 1.62 4 6.07 103.20 %

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD America Mineiro vs Santos Away side looks determined to reach the Copa Libertadores places. They have just 9 points from Botafogo and, in the remaining games to play, is still possible to be there. The teams from the first places are struggling and it is the perfect moment for the Fish to attack. With Muricy being a great strategy coach, I see them winning tonight here. away -0.25 AH @ 1.90 with Canbet

Event America MG - Santos
Selection Santos
Strength 10/10
Date 22/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Titanbet @ 2.19
Reasoning Without any defeat in the last seven games, i believe in a win of Santos against América-MG, a win that can place in a definitive way the team in the top group of Brasileiro, after being in relegation zone. At the moment,Santos is 13 points far the leader Vasco, but with two games less. Being the bottom placed on Campeonato Brasileiro, América-MG is desperate for a win against Santos tonight. If the bad results wasn't enough, the coach Givanildo Oliveira will also have many problems in choose the starting eleven thanks to six absences.

America Mineiro vs Santos Away side looks determined to reach the Copa Libertadores places. They have just 9 points from Botafogo and, in the remaining games to play, is still possible to be there. The teams from the first places are struggling and it is the perfect moment for the Fish to attack. With Muricy being a great strategy coach, I see them winning tonight here. away -0.25 AH @ 1.90 with Canbet
They don't need a Copa place, they got it, right?

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Over 2,75 Goals with America and Santos. Guests on a rise, with good attacking options. Hosts still fighting hard and with nothing to lose - point is no good to them. At 1,825 with bet365 Over 2,75 Goals with Atletico Mineiro. Fla might be in a bad period, yet they failed to score in only 2 out of 20. Mineiro pulled recently 3 clean sheets, which IMO was more down to the opposition than a massive improvement at the back. Neither team will hide tonight. At 1,925 with bet365. Over 2,75 Goals in Coritiba. I believe enough in the home win, still Cruzeiro can score anywhere. Hosts sometimes keep pushing to the end despite having a comfortable lead. Won't be surprise if this one turns into the highest-scoring one tonight. At 1,975. Over 2,5 Goals with Figueirense. A risky one, but at 1,875 I would take any game with Porto Alegre involved. GL all P.S. Added Over 3 in Fluminense. Good luck again!

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Vasco da Gama vs Atletico Goianiense Home side is in front of a great moment, they can go top and lead 3 points difference if they will win tonight. Would be something extraordinary for their fans and also for their coach which is still recovering from the stroke he had last month. They can get another title after the one taken in 2000. This club has been relegated in 2008, but managed to come back in Brasileirao in 2009. Would be a fantastic achievement from the players to bring this joy to their fans. Personally I support them this season and hope they will do it. With Elton, Alecsandro, Bernardo, Eder Luis and Juninho Pernambucano in top form they can outplay any team. Atletico are in a good form also. They have a good coach that fits very well on this team. Since his arrival on 12 August 2011, Helio dos Anjos, lead his team to 6 wins, 2 draws and just 1 defeat, 2-3 to Fluminense after they were leading 2-0 in the 82nd minute of the game! Tonight I expect the first clear defeat for Goiania. Vasco is having the pressure above them, but I believe they have enough experience to do well. Sao Januario will be full, their fans are one of the hottest in Brazil and I expect them to lead their players to victory. home -1 AH @ 2.01 with 188bet