** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

PDC Darts World Championship

theoldmaster

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Another horrible night last night, 2 tonight. Heading out shortly so no time for big writeups. 3pts S.Tichowitsch to beat A.Smith 7/2 Sportingbet Andy Smith has never won a match on this stage before and although the Aussie has never played here he has taken Whitlock to a couple of 6-5's on the Australian tour this season. He's won 6 events on the circuit this year so he can clearly play the game, even with limited opposition. Smith's in shocking form on the PDC tour. He's not been past the last 32 of a tournament since the Grand Prix. He's still carrying a bit of an injury and at 7/2 I'll have a go on the Aussie tonight. Smith's lost to Darin Young, Mensur Suljovic and Tony Ayres on this stage, all in the 1st round so it doesn't need to be a Tayloresque performance to beat him here. The Aussie is overpriced so I'll take him to send the Pieman home. 4pts D.Priestley (-1.5 sets) to beat B.Roith Evs Skybet Dennis Priestley enters the fray in what looks like being his last world championship. Roith made a name for himself in the Euro Championships but hasn't done much since. That was on home soil. This is different. This is a big stage, one which Priestley is used to. Priestley's in excellent form at the minute. 2 last 16's, 2 QF's and an SF in 5 events since the Grand Prix and in three of those it's taken Whitlock, Taylor and Webster - 3 in form players to beat him. Priestley's still got his game here and I'll take him to win no worse than 3-1.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship

He's also the Muffin man! Andy 'the pieman' Smith wouldn't be happy!
Yeah, i was in a rush so thats my excuse. Anyway, whatever his nickname the bet was lost. -9pts so far. Will wait for longer games and bet on highet checkout score from now on.

Monday 27 December 2010 Player 1 Player 2 BPP
maximize.gif Baxter, R v Webster, M (13:10 GMT) 2.92 1.51 100.46 %
maximize.gif Nicholson, P v Wright, P (14:55 GMT) 1.18 6.2 100.74 %
maximize.gif Hamilton, A v Thornton, R (15:45 GMT) 1.82 2.25 99.39 %
maximize.gif Lloyd, C v Hylton, M (19:10 GMT) 1.4 3.5 100.00 %
maximize.gif Lewis, A v Dudbridge, M (20:25 GMT) 1.3 4.2 100.73 %
maximize.gif Taylor, P v Laursen, P (21:45 GMT) 1.04 24 100.32 %
Tuesday 28 December 2010 Player 1 Player 2 BPP
maximize.gif Walsh, M v Tabern, A (13:10 GMT) 1.69 2.44 100.16 %
maximize.gif Jones, W v van der Voort, V (14:25 GMT) 1.68 2.47 100.01 %
maximize.gif Jenkins, T v Brown, Steve (15:45 GMT) 1.36 3.75 100.00 %
maximize.gif Newton, W v Dolan, B (19:10 GMT) 1.37 3.75 99.66 %
maximize.gif Whitlock, S v Ovens, D (20:25 GMT) 1.14 8.2 99.70 %
maximize.gif Wade, J v Suljovic, M (21:45 GMT) 1.12 9.6 99.31 %
Wednesday 29 December 2010 Player 1 Player 2 BPP
maximize.gif Osborne, C v Caven, J (13:10 GMT) 1.66 2.54 99.37 %
maximize.gif Anderson, G v Priestley, D (14:25 GMT) 1.17 5.92 101.97 %
maximize.gif King, M v Smith, A (15:45 GMT) 1.28 4.68 99.15 %
maximize.gif Van Barneveld, R v McDine, K (19:10 GMT) 1.14 8 100.00 %

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Not a great first round for me but plenty of time to pull it back. -9.63pts at the minute. Don't like betting on every match in a session usually but this does look a good afternoon card. 3pts R.Baxter to beat M.Webster 15/8 Stan James Ronnie Baxter isn't someone who is one of my favourites to back but I've got to back him here at this price. In fact, I think this price is a little insulting to the Rocket if I'm honest. This is Ronnie Baxter who was in the Premier League less than 12 months ago and not only playing in it but very close to making the playoffs. He hasn't done anything to suggest he should be this price against some still yet to get in the top 20 in the world. On his day, which admittedly I can't always find, Baxter scores well with tons, ton40's and the odd 180 and he'll pin D20 and D10 for fun. Credit to Webster, he looks in real good nick. I really rate Webster as a player but in close, clutch matches, I'm still not absolutely certain he gets it done and this could easily be a close match. That collapse at the Grand Slam says a lot still for me. Both men played well in the opening round. Baxter almost 95 average against Scholten. Webster pushing 100 against a very disappointing Maish and I expect both to play well here. Baxter's got the experience and at this price, with Webster maybe struggling to close out the odd match or so, I'll take the Rocket in this one. 4pts P.Nicholson (-2.5 sets) to beat P.Wright Evs Sportingbet Paul Nicholson was another who was impressive on the opening night. Hitting 8 out of 11 doubles is impressive by anyone's standards and he stole the show on opening night. I don't really know how Peter Wright is still in this. It's only by virtue of Co Stompe missing an awful lot of doubles because an average of 80.76 doesn't get the job done at this level, it really doesn't. One major flaw in Nicholson's game for me is he doesn't score heavy enough to compete at the real top level but that shouldn't be too much of an issue here because he isn't playing a top level opponent. His form coming into the event is another worry but he's shown he is in decent enough nick in the opening round. Wright could well improve but I don't see him suddenly finding a 95 average. Nicholson will be around the low-mid 90's and I think that will be enough to get the job done here. I'll take Nicholson to win this no worse than 4-1. 3pts R.Thornton to beat A.Hamilton 5/4 Skybet I took Robert Thornton on in the opening round but to be fair he played pretty well. The key as always was hitting his doubles and he did that against an opponent who was capable and could have been dangerous had he not been dealt with properly. Andy Hamilton was a shambles in the opening round and while you'd think he's got to improve here, it's by no means a certainty that Thornton, who seems to have a bit more confidence in his game all of a sudden, doesn't improve too. Hamilton's 79.42 average would've seen him go out to most 1st round winners and I reckon he'll have to put 15pts on that to be competitive here. If he doesn't do that, the Scot could run away with this. If he does it'll be a close game. Both men have troubles on the doubles from time to time and if both play to their best both score heavily. They are evenly matched at their best but Thornton's better 1st round performance and the price in an even contest leads me to take him to take the final game of the afternoon.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship M.Webster to beat R.Baxter @ 1/2 Skybet Fancy Webster to continue his good form here and get at Baxter early, if he does that than I can see him running away with this one. He looked very good against Maish who's stats don't look that bad for the game, Baxter can hurt you if he gets on one of his rolls but doesn't always find it and over the best of 7 sets I'd fancy Webster to come through. A.Lewis to beat M.Dudbridge @ 2/7 Skybet Be very surprised if Lewis didn't see off Dudbridge this evening. Adrian will be looking to go far in this tournament, he avoids Barney, Wade & Taylor in his quarter. Dudbridge fought back well against Roy in the opening round but he'll need to step it up more to beat Lewis. With this being the first to 4 sets, it gives a lesser chance for upsets so happy to add this onto Webster's price. 4pt Double @ 10/11 Skybet

Re: PDC Darts World Championship -14.77 for me so far, although I quite like both of my outrights. 7pts R.Thornton to bt. A.Hamilton @ 2.14 at Pinnacle The odds should be reversed after the first round in my opinion. I see nothing that would make Hamilton the favorite here, so I am happy to back Thornton in this one. Both can be pretty erroneous at times - and Thornton a little bit more so, but after that first round, Hamilton may have his confidence shaken. Kevshat has already summed this one up and I agree with him completely. 7pts P. Laursen (+3.5) to bt. P. Taylor @ 2.37 at Paddy Power Per Laursen is a very experienced player and he will definitely not be scared of Taylor, especially after his great win and Taylor's struggles. Anything about evens is value in my opinion and I can see him getting a set here pretty often. Mawson should have won a set if he played in solid manner. Taylor will obviously up his game, but as he says - a win is a win. I cannot see him being too worried about whether this ends 4-0, 4-1 or 4-2. Laursen was great in his upset and he will be confident. He definitely has the skill to get something from this match.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship not much to add from me just fancy the highest checkout bet for the Nicholson game as Kev said he doeos'nt score as heavily as he should but his forte is his outshots and his opening game percentage was phenomenal, this lad will leave himself 140s etc and he knows he canm comfortable hit them, always seems to perform them though undre a bit of pressuer and i am not certain that Wrighty will apply that presure here, but the line is at 121.5 and i particularly recall that one on Nicholsons party pieces is a 146 taken out with two treble 19s and double 16 a fantastic shot out yeah we dont have shanghai on our side here and there is a worry that there won't be more than 4 or 5 sets but i am willing to take this bet at the 5/6 offered.

Have to be quick. 5pts baxter checkout over 106.50 @ 5/6 paddypower 5pts webster checkout over 112.50 @ 5/6 paddypower Tight game expected here and both players covered these lines in 1st rd. Effectively a 1 treble finish which is not beyond both players. good luck all :hope
Loss of 0.83pts which brings overall loss to -9.83pts :$ One bet for next game: Paul Nicholson highest checkout over 113.50 @ 5/6 paddypower Not the heaviest of scorers but a very good finisher. Finished 141 in 1st rd and a 114 or better checkout is not beyond him. Good luck all :hope

3pts R.Baxter to beat M.Webster 15/8 Stan James Ronnie Baxter isn't someone who is one of my favourites to back but I've got to back him here at this price. In fact, I think this price is a little insulting to the Rocket if I'm honest. This is Ronnie Baxter who was in the Premier League less than 12 months ago and not only playing in it but very close to making the playoffs. He hasn't done anything to suggest he should be this price against some still yet to get in the top 20 in the world. On his day, which admittedly I can't always find, Baxter scores well with tons, ton40's and the odd 180 and he'll pin D20 and D10 for fun. Credit to Webster, he looks in real good nick. I really rate Webster as a player but in close, clutch matches, I'm still not absolutely certain he gets it done and this could easily be a close match. That collapse at the Grand Slam says a lot still for me. Both men played well in the opening round. Baxter almost 95 average against Scholten. Webster pushing 100 against a very disappointing Maish and I expect both to play well here. Baxter's got the experience and at this price, with Webster maybe struggling to close out the odd match or so, I'll take the Rocket in this one.
Don't go against my outright is the lesson Kev!! :spank

Re: PDC Darts World Championship After that early success, I quite like one more 5pts Lloyd/Hylton - Highest Checkout - Under 122.5 @ 1.83 at Paddy Power Neither of these is accurate enough to bang in such a finish in my opinion. Neither has crossed the line in the first round and I like that to stay the same way in this one. Both are under a little bit more pressure (Lloyd after that mad stuff, Hylton because of the fact that this is perhaps the biggest match of his career) and 122.5 is a pretty high line for me, simple as that.

Don't go against my outright is the lesson Kev!! :spank
And lesson 2 is don't go near massively overrated, overhyped shitheaps. -3.25 this afternoon in another tail of missed doubles. -12.88 now. Almost had a max bet this evening but the price went as I was depositing into my account. C'est la vie. Going with 2 others. 3pts M.Hylton to beat C.Lloyd 5/2 Bet365 Mark Hylton was pretty impressive in the 1st round. Steve Beaton wasn't the Beaton we've seen recently but he still needed beating and on the biggest stage of them all I thought Hylton did the job nicely. The same can't be said about Colin Lloyd, as the dartboard can testify having received a low blow from Lloydie's fist during his opening match. As always though, Lloyd only needs to see something reminiscent of a video camera and he turns to jelly. For whatever reason he's lost the knack of winning matches in these major tournaments, particularly matches he's supposed to win. For Hylton, this is the biggest match of his life in many ways, it's certainly the longest in terms of sets but if he can settle down and play the darts he played in the 1st round then I think he's got the scoring consistency and doubling consistency to see Lloyd off here. Hylton's 1st round average was 6pts higher than Lloyd's which shows how both progressed to this stage. It's 'Mile High' for me in the evening's opener. 5pts A.Lewis vs M.Dudbridge - Over 10.5 180's Evs William Hill I think this line looks a little bit low given that we've two heavy 180 hitters on show here. Lewis is right up there with Anderson as the heaviest 180 scorers in the land but Dudbridge hit 6 180's in his 1st round in which he played very impressively which was good to see. Dudbridge's finishing ability should keep him close enough in this match for us to get 5 or 6 sets. If he plays really well we could even get the full 7 sets in this one. Between them they hit 9 180's in their opening matches and Lewis was suffering with the flu in that match. I think 5 sets will be enough to bring this bet in on a line which I'd have a couple higher. There's plenty of 11.5's about at 5/6 and so I'm more than happy to be on at this price and this line.

3pts M.Hylton to beat C.Lloyd 5/2 Bet365 Mark Hylton was pretty impressive in the 1st round. Steve Beaton wasn't the Beaton we've seen recently but he still needed beating and on the biggest stage of them all I thought Hylton did the job nicely. The same can't be said about Colin Lloyd, as the dartboard can testify having received a low blow from Lloydie's fist during his opening match. As always though, Lloyd only needs to see something reminiscent of a video camera and he turns to jelly. For whatever reason he's lost the knack of winning matches in these major tournaments, particularly matches he's supposed to win. For Hylton, this is the biggest match of his life in many ways, it's certainly the longest in terms of sets but if he can settle down and play the darts he played in the 1st round then I think he's got the scoring consistency and doubling consistency to see Lloyd off here. Hylton's 1st round average was 6pts higher than Lloyd's which shows how both progressed to this stage. It's 'Mile High' for me in the evening's opener. quote] :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

Re: PDC Darts World Championship :cheers - Excellent Win for Hylton, and although Lloyd hit some big shots i think his time is up now and he will start to go down the route of Manley/Mardle etc. I Fancy Lewis, well rather i dont fancy Dudbridge so no bets now for the rest of the night for me - i hope you all win with your over 10.5 180s however i feel it could be over too soon to allow that to happen

And lesson 2 is don't go near massively overrated, overhyped shitheaps.
Too many bottles of Stella, mate:lol
-12.88 now.
Not any more:ok
3pts M.Hylton to beat C.Lloyd 5/2 Bet365 5pts A.Lewis vs M.Dudbridge - Over 10.5 180's Evs William Hill
Another brilliant effort mate, 2 from 2 reducing all but 0.38pts of the deficit:clap:clap

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Nice day yesterday. Hoping to build on it today. 4pts W.Jones (-1.5 sets) to beat V.van der Voort 6/5 Bet365 Intriguing battle of styles here. Van der Voort is probably the heavier scorer but he's so erratic on the finishing because he's so quick. Wayne Jones is a solid, consistent scorer without ever really banging a game away from someone with a barrage of 180's. He'll hit his tons and 140's though. On the finishing Jones is a lot better and temperamentally I think he's much better than the Dutchman who can let his head drop when he's behind. We saw at the Grand Slam that Jones doesn't give in. He'll fight til he's beat. Jones had the better stats in the 1st round despite losing a set. He's had a decent run in the worlds before and while he may be outscored, I think his consistency will come through and I expect the Wolverhampton man to win this no worse than 4-2. 3pts S.Brown (+1.5 sets) to beat T.Jenkins 5/4 Skybet Steve Brown played really well in the opening round against Jelle Klaasen. At one stage he was averaging 97 before dipping to an end average of around 92. He's another consistent player. Solid scorer and checks out well. Jenkins was hit and miss against Joe Cullen. He scored fairly well but as ever with Jenkins he let an opponent back in it. Revenge is probably the order of the day for The Bull here. Brown beat Jenkins at the Matchplay in the 1st round and for me he's more than capable of doing it again. I expect this one to be a real close tussle and while I can't quite call the winner of it, I do think Brown can take it to a deciding set at worst, if not win the match outright. Jenkins hangs in there though and has a fair record in close games. However he'll always miss a few doubles to keep Brown interested. At odds against to win 3 sets, I'll take the Bomber to do just that.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Small loss, Taylor just too good. -18.79 and it is not looking very good I admit :\. Just one for me in the afternoon and I cannot find anything worth it for the evening session yet, so it may well stay that way (especially since both Wade and Whitlock are playing). 7pts W.Jones (-1.5) to bt. V. van der Voort @ 2.20 at Paddy Power Wayne Jones is having a great year and this is one of the matches he should be able to win confidently now, especially in this format. Van der Voort is just too inconsistent in my opinion. He can be great when on fire, but that will probably not last for more than two sets here, while Jones can stay calm and finish solidly. I like Jones to continue his great year then.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Brown V Jenkins 6pts Brown most 180s @ 5/2 (VC) I think this is huge value - Bomber seemed to pepper the treble 60 against Klassen and can see him doing the same again tonight. The fact he comfortably out 180'd Jelle is an achievement in itself and i can certainly see him doing the same against Jenks who isn't renowned for hitting a lot of 180s. I think the bookies have got this one wrong and are seriously underating the Bristolian here. Brown V Jenkins 2pts Brown to win @ 9/4 (SJ) Pretty much following on from Kev, Brown has really impressed over the last year and didn't disappoint in the first round last week. Fair play to Jenks who managed to fight back against a future star in Cullen who had all of the momentum behind him but i think 9/4 is too big on Brown here. I can see big things for Brown and would like to see him do well in this tournament. Following on from my tip above, i expect him to be hammering the maximums and his finishing has been very solid too. The price on offer has definitely got me interested and i look forward to a good game of darts.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship christ on a bike that first qtr is seeing all sorts of big names go and we will have more to come i feel before the week is out. anyway back to todays games, i am away for the festive period and may only see the final so my tips are based on reports and previous form but here goes anyway. VINCENT V DER VOORT V WAYNE JONES MOST 180S, JONES @2/1. well for sure VDV is a 180s scorer i am sure we all recall that record breaking game against Klassen a couple yeras back when they were going toe to toe on the 180s, and while Vincent would usually be the sensible pick in this market i am taking Woody for this. The stats suggest i am wrong with VDV hitting 4 maximums in his first round and Woody only managing half that but that to me is a red herring regulars here know how highly i rate Woody he has come on leaps and bounds in 2010, and for me he has been player of the year, ( as i voted in the planetdarts vote, feel free to vote on the website) but while Kev is spot on regarding WQoodys resilience and his fighting capabilities i have to disagree Kev on your view of Jones scoring from the Matchplay onwards Waynes 180 scoring has improved dramatically and this added to the rest of his solid game has been a major factor in his rise up the rankings, he outscored Wade at Balckpool not an easy thing to do but he did. and for me he is far more conssitent than the Dutchman no arguements there i reckon 2/1 is far too big a price as we all expect Jones to win so in that case he should have bigger scores! so that is my first tip. STEVE BROWN 9/4 V TERRY JENKINS. this will be a revenge mission for the bull, Brown pretty much coraled the bull at the Matchplay as he beat Terry in round one, so Jenks will be rampaging here! Avg wise there is'nt much between them Jenkins 87, and Brown 91 in th first round though Terry tried to contrive to lose to Cullen on a few occassions, the 180s sees them tied at 5 apiece to but Jenkins did play 5 sets to Browns 3, and neither had a 100+ finish so it should be closer than Tommy Shridan and Billy Davies stats would suggest. but i have tipped Brown for his qtr and i am sticking by that as i mentioned early on this thread ther is often a shock performer in this tourney and Brown has what it takes to reach the last 8 at least. Another bet i'm attracted by is the correct scroeline wher and Brown victory is decent odds but in particular 4-2 Brown at 9/1 is a stand out for me. it would reqquire only one break of throw for Brown to see this come in and as we have seen there is'nt mush between either player so iam havin that too.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Absolutely :clap. Another pathetic session for me this afternoon. Hopefully tonight is as good as last night. 3pts B.Dolan to beat W.Newton 5/2 VC Brendan Dolan is one of those who doesn't play his floor game on TV but he certainly did just that in the opening round against Kevin Painter. Was Newton probably fits that category too and although he came past Darin Young in the opener, he never really played all that well and most other potential 1st round opponents would've knocked him out. Dolan played superbly against Painter and what was more impressive was he never got dragged down to Painter's level, which was plain awful. Dolan's 96.32 average was very impressive as was his 9/15 on the doubles. Newton was almost 10pts behind on the averages. The danger here is Dolan goes back into his shell on TV but with Wes' record on the box nothing to write home about I'll take Dolan here as a fair bit of value in what looks like a close match however it pans out. 4pts J.Wade vs M.Suljovic - Over 7.5 180's 5/6 Sportingbet 1pt M.Suljovic Most 180's 13/5 VC This 180 line looks very low. When the moon is aligned correctly, Wade can spank 180's like he's employed a magnet in the 60 while his opponent here - Suljovic, is no mug when it comes to the 180's either. Suljovic hit 3 maxs in the opening round and even if he goes down 4-0 tonight I think he can take some 180's with him. A few years ago he lost 4-0 to Mark Dudbridge in this round but he still hit 4 180's in that match. He even hit 4 in a 1st round defeat here last year. So the Austrian will chip in with his share of maximums and with his scoring often coming in bursts he could well put 3 legs together and force a 5th set out of this one if not a 6th. Wade only hit 1 180 against Alcinas in the 1st round but he played pretty well. It wouldn't surprise me if Suljovic forces a 6th set here but as I've highlighted given his contributions in the past even if this is 4-0 there could still be 8 180's. I'm happy to take that line and with his 180 record I think Suljovic is a big price on the most 180's market and is worthy of a small investment there.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Ok then guys - Im the second new member of the day - have been following the posts on here for a few years now - Still gutted I didnt join in with the Whitlock gamble at the ally pally last year. To date Ive had a shocking championship - easily losing. One bet for me tonight Whitlock to beat Ovens 4-0 Really cant see Dennis troubling whitlock at all here, Ovens averaging just 88 in a poor first round match. Whitlock, as with Taylor, never got out of 2nd gear in the first round averaging just 90 with no high shootouts. Taking Whitlock to improve for the outing and his consistent higher scoring and normally clinical finishing and see him taking this easily. 5pts @13/8 Skybet

Ok then guys - Im the second new member of the day - have been following the posts on here for a few years now - Still gutted I didnt join in with the Whitlock gamble at the ally pally last year. To date Ive had a shocking championship - easily losing. One bet for me tonight Whitlock to beat Ovens 4-0 @13/8 B365 Really cant see Dennis troubling whitlock at all here, Ovens averaging just 88 in a poor first round match. Whitlock, as with Taylor, never got out of 2nd gear in the first round averaging just 90 with no high shootouts. Taking Whitlock to improve for the outing and his consistent higher scoring and normally clinical finishing and see him taking this easily. 5pts @13/8 Skybet
:welcome aboard BP. Good luck with Whitlock mate :ok.

Ok then guys - Im the second new member of the day - have been following the posts on here for a few years now - Still gutted I didnt join in with the Whitlock gamble at the ally pally last year. To date Ive had a shocking championship - easily losing. One bet for me tonight Whitlock to beat Ovens 4-0 Really cant see Dennis troubling whitlock at all here, Ovens averaging just 88 in a poor first round match. Whitlock, as with Taylor, never got out of 2nd gear in the first round averaging just 90 with no high shootouts. Taking Whitlock to improve for the outing and his consistent higher scoring and normally clinical finishing and see him taking this easily. 5pts @13/8 Skybet
Probably a bit late for a word of warning... But... Ovens was ill in his first match, similar to Part, only different result! I'd fancy Whitlock all day long but a fit and well Ovens with as much experience as he has could nick a set if Whitlock eases off the gas at any point. I do however hope not!

I'm taking one for tonights first game... Wes Newton v Brendan Dolan Total Match 180's - UNDER 9.5 @ 1.80 with coral This could be a bit risky with the treble twenty being pinged for fun in the afteroon session. Wes didnt hit a maximum in his first round game, Brendan hit three. This will be alot closer than the odds on Wes suggest, so if it does go into 5/7 sets i know this bet will be blown out of the water. I just feel they both might struggle for consistency, and i dont see them hitting 10 maxes tonight. 3 Points @ 1.80 Good Luck:hope
Only the 5 between them! Great call :clap