** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

PDC Darts World Championship

theoldmaster

Re: PDC Darts World Championship 10pts Anderson -1.5 sets to beat Barney @ evens with b365 For me this is a no brainer. Barney is being priced on previous reputation here, not on current form. Anderson is simply playing at a completely different level to the Dutchman. His scoring is amazing, and so far his doubling has held up well. Barney is slowly getting his game back together, but still keeps messing around with flights etc. I think that the heat of the stage will get to him tonight and that Anderson may beat him comfortably. The averages are in his favour, as is the checkout percentage, and arguably the form. Happy to go with this bet.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Cracking evening session in store, taking a couple on the Anderson-Barney match. Anderson vs Barneveld- Over 17.5 180s- 4/5 Ladbrokes- (5/10) Following Kev on this one and not much I can add to what he has said. Anderson has impressed me thus far but this will be a huge test. To me, this will give an indication whether he is consistent enough to go all the way. Winner plays Jenkins in the semis and either is likely to be licking their lips at this prospect. Like the Lewis match, as long as it lasts for a while and entertains, there should be some maximums. Slightly fancy Barney to win it but if Anderson can score like he has done, anything can happen. Let's hope for some fireworks. Anderson vs Barneveld- Highest checkout 133&over- 5/6 Bet365- (5/10) Know this didn't work out in the Lewis match but it really should have come in. 3 doubles missed, 2 from the Dutchman and 1 from Lewis. This match should be a closer one than we saw earlier on, and both players are going to have to finish some 3 dart finishes. We all know Barney loves the 156 checkout, finishing on his beloved D18, but he is more than capable, even if things aren't going his way, to take out a massive checkout. Anderson also, if on song can take out some decent scores. Hoping for a close match, possibly 8 or 9 sets would be nice, and hopfully both men can take out some decent scores.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship

Was with you on them mate. Minimal loss as you say. Looking at the 180's line on the Anderson match, I see bet365 go 19.5, whereas william hills and laddies go 17.5
Yeah I had a look around the markets but think the 17.5 is capable of being reached, like others in the forum. Just hope that both players turn up.

Cracking evening session in store, taking a couple on the Anderson-Barney match. Anderson vs Barneveld- Over 17.5 180s- 4/5 Ladbrokes- (5/10) Following Kev on this one and not much I can add to what he has said. Anderson has impressed me thus far but this will be a huge test. To me, this will give an indication whether he is consistent enough to go all the way. Winner plays Jenkins in the semis and either is likely to be licking their lips at this prospect. Like the Lewis match, as long as it lasts for a while and entertains, there should be some maximums. Slightly fancy Barney to win it but if Anderson can score like he has done, anything can happen. Let's hope for some fireworks. Anderson vs Barneveld- Highest checkout 133&over- 5/6 Bet365- (5/10) Know this didn't work out in the Lewis match but it really should have come in. 3 doubles missed, 2 from the Dutchman and 1 from Lewis. This match should be a closer one than we saw earlier on, and both players are going to have to finish some 3 dart finishes. We all know Barney loves the 156 checkout, finishing on his beloved D18, but he is more than capable, even if things aren't going his way, to take out a massive checkout. Anderson also, if on song can take out some decent scores. Hoping for a close match, possibly 8 or 9 sets would be nice, and hopfully both men can take out some decent scores.
LOSS LOSS Anderson was awesome. No need to say anymore.

10pts Anderson -1.5 sets to beat Barney @ evens with b365 For me this is a no brainer. Barney is being priced on previous reputation here, not on current form. Anderson is simply playing at a completely different level to the Dutchman. His scoring is amazing, and so far his doubling has held up well. Barney is slowly getting his game back together, but still keeps messing around with flights etc. I think that the heat of the stage will get to him tonight and that Anderson may beat him comfortably. The averages are in his favour, as is the checkout percentage, and arguably the form. Happy to go with this bet.
Easy winner. +14.13 units for the tournament.

Two for me for tomorrow, with the Newton bet bringing me a little bit higher (-21.49), although Whitlock is off now. I like these two with solid stakes, so I will post them as max bets. 10pts Mark Webster (+2.5) to bt. Phil Taylor @ 2.25 at Bet365 10pts Gary Anderson (-1.5 sets) to bt. Raymond v. Barneveld @ 2.10 at Paddy Power
Beautiful. Now in positive numbers for the tournament and thread with +2.01pts. Nice ending to an otherwise unfortunate tournament for me.

I should perhaps wait for all the lines to come out first but as i'm preparing for my NYE and will have hangover plus football tomorrow, i have jumped in early. Hill's have followed Coral with the same line on the 180's in my bet above but have gone 5/6. Unfortunately I have already dived in with 4 points on the 8/11 with Coral. One more from me again in the same market. Taylor v Webster: Over 11.5 180's 4/5 @ Will Hill (5 points) These pair haven't been hitting the max too often so far in this tournament. But we are now getting to the business end and players like Taylor thrive in these situations. Webster has been looking good to be fair and unless Taylor is at his devastating very best, Webster is certainly capable of making this a tight match. If this game produces 7 sets or more I'm confident that this line will be covered considering the quality on show here. Other bookies have gone with lines of over 13.5 so I'm happy with this one.
Bloody hell, Webster puts Taylor out. There was only 7 sets but the bet flew in.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship I'm jumping on this one early as I don't think the price will last: Adrian Lewis to beat Mark Webster 9/10 @ Sportingbet (8 Points) I'm all over this one like a rash. Webster got a brilliant result knocking Taylor out. He was steady throughout the match, kept his nerve and finished well. But Taylor was by no means at his best. Jackpot is in brilliant form. He's a big hitter and Webster will struggle to keep up with his averages. Ade's finshes have been good also and he has been consistednt throughout this tournament. There's nothing there to suggest anything will change tomorrow and if Lewis turns up, I think he can blow Webster away.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship I pretty much share your view on that one, wisey10. And I am happy to take that price too. 10pts Adrian Lewis to bt. Mark Webster @ 1.90 at Sportingbet Mark Webster beat Phil Taylor and one has to give him a lot of credit for that. However, Lewis has been impressive so far as well and he has a lot of talent too. He has come through this tournament without a scratch so far and his finishing has been unusually good. If he can take that standard one match further, he should prevail. Webster may also suffer a setback after beating a huge favorite - it has certainly happened to many players before. It should be a cracker, but Lewis is the favorite in my opinion.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship I think I'll back the over 180's line (depending on what the line is!) both, especially Lewis love their maximums and I can see this lasting plenty of sets. I'm not seeing how everyone is so confident about Lewis? Lewis has history of blasting averages out the water for the first 3 rounds but struggles to do it for the duration of a tournament... Hence he has won diddly squat. This stage of the tournament, especially now it's a Taylor free zone, is more about holding your nerve than ever. Webster , having won a televised major, has proved he can do that. Anyway, I'm on Webby at 40/1 thanks to my each way outright so no need for a bet other than 180's, line dependent. I have hold my hands up about being wrong about Anderson, although he was never tested... As soon as he's pushed he'll crumble, but if he keeps playing like he is, no-one will get close enough to push him!!

TAYLOR 1/7 v WEBSTER 9/2. i will go for the Welshman here folks have to back up the outright bet! for sure i am surprised Taylor is still here as i thought he would'nt make it this far but after his dismal first round game he played Laursen, and Wright next two round when the level of opponent could've been so much sterner i think if you had offered any of the top 16 his three opponents to reach the qtr finals they would have bitten your hand off! Yeah he can only beat whats pot in front of him but he has'nt been pushed indeed only Wright took a set off the Power. this is the real deal for Taylor now though an opponent who revels at Ally Pally who has proven his worth here before. beating Barney Stompe, and Walshie last vyear before being thrashed 6-0 by Taylor in semi. this year has seen a favourable draw for Webby too and he has only lost 1 set so far. Ok we have that 6-0 drubbing last year to bear in mind certainly but that was a Taylor who was in his pomp had'nt suffered defeats in the lead up to the championship and was'nt avg 89 at one point, i knew Webster would have to face Taylor in the qtrs and still backed him outright and i am sticking by that. Taylors finsihing still aint at his best but Webby has been hitting the doubles well i am taking the Welshman at this odds as there is no money to make on Taylor anyway. LEWIS2/9 V VAN D VOORT 11/4 VDV will still be buzzing after seeing to Whitlock so will he have come down? this could be a big game for VDV if he wins i think it may get him back in top 16 for next years tour, he may already have secured that though, but will this be one game too far for the enigmatic Dutchman, this is his first 9 ste game at a world champs and no doubt he will have played that distance in practice having that pressure and concentration in game play is a differnt story. Yeah he has scoring burst but against Simon his 6 180s were all in one set, wheras Lewis scoring bursts can be haevier and last longe. This is Lewis's chance to make a world semi for the first time he pLayed Taylor last year and threatened to do all sorts to Taylor who put him back in his place Lewis will have learned from that he has matured as a player and his run in Dublin has proved alot to himself i think. His route has sen Eccles, Dudbridge and Thornton dispatched all very capable players whiule not belittling VDV run he had to beat Whitlock and Jones. Lewis avg is 94.6 VDV is 90.6 a big difference at this stage Lewis has been hitting big outs too 156 and a 167 among them, and 18 maximums makes the arguemant even more convincing for Lewis. He knows this is the best chance he has had to reach world last four any year and i can't see him wasting this opportunity ANDERSON 1/2 V BARNEVELD 6/4 a tell tale wquote form Barney after the Osborne game when he said he nearly gave up at one point, well, well rthats not like him is it ok so he did'nt but that could have been because he felt like he was a better player than Osborne and maybe was'nt on the end of a barrage of big scores, well i reckon we may see the whirte flag raised by Barney in this game Anderson is flying an avg of 109 against Smith is only Taylor esque, yeah he is renowned for his arse going but one day that has got to change and that could be tomorrow, thae stats show 47 180s between with Anderson slighty ahead and more big finnishes for Gary too so advantage gary there,. but Barney is a5 time world champ but those were won when he was up for a scrap and tahose were different days this should be the best game for the four with 180s aplenty, and any break of throw could prove vital i just think Garys heavier scoring raids will be enough to see him sneak this
another sucess for this thread i still have three outrights standing and guarunteed at least one finalist

I think I'll back the over 180's line (depending on what the line is!) both' date=' especially Lewis love their maximums and I can see this lasting plenty of sets. [/quote'] I agree with this and I'm taking the early price of evens @Ladbrokes for over 21.5.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship LEWIS V WEBSTER. to of my outrights before the tournamnet started and so we are certain of a payout, this is a tough one ito call of the four semi finalists Webster is the only one with a world title to his name albeit on the ametuer ranks. i just wonder how mush this has taken out of Webby on last last night and Taylor is'nt the quickest player, and Lewis played in the afternoon so has had more time to recover, the stats back Lewis 100 avg hard on the heels of a 101 in his last 16 game, and he has gone balistic with 180s with 31 so far in total and every game he has had at least one 100+finish, as you know i think Lewis has now proved to everyone including himself that he is ready bto take the next step he must've been expecting face Taylor today and the fact it is Webster will give him another boost, i just wonder if this may be a case of "after the lord mayors show" it would'nt surprise me to see Lewis win with a bit to spare maybe 6-3 or 6-2 but i can't see past Lewis here musch as i respect how well Webby has done this week proving last year was no fluke, jhe must be on the cusp of a top16 place now and maybehe has played HIS final it's now time for Lewis to make that step up should he win he should get in the top 4 in the rankings and secure his PL spot although i expect his run here would see him get a wild card but top 4 makes it certain that has to be a big incentive ANDERSON V JENKINS the favourite aginst the outsider, if this was a boxing contest the towel may already be getting prepared to be thrown in from the Bulls corner! but Terry won't give in you have to earn wins against him and he has had more semis than the clientel at a lap dancers! Anderson has yet to avg UNDER three figures in the whole tournament i don't recall Taylor keeping that standard through a whole event, but stopping the flying Scotsman has proved a fruitless exercise only Barney and Priestley have taken something off him Dennis taking two sets and giving Gary his toughest game to date and so far his opponents have'nt stood a chance the 180s is astounding 36 so far and he has been finsishing well too his whole game has looked solid which begs the question , is it due to break down ? we know Garys previous form at big events double being missed and game lost he should win. we all know the routine but Gary has come of age a top 10 on the OOM, he is a top 5 player no question. and PL looks a certainty no matter what happens tonight. The Bull has had to scrap his way here he has had two close calls against Cullen and Newton, and with no disresect they are'nt a patch on Anderson Jenks can score well too but he does'nt have the relentless raids of Gary and Jenks also has trouble finishing on occassions i just think Gary is brimming here and it will take more than one bull to stop the Anderson juggernaught, i expect Gary through here no worse than 6-3

Re: PDC Darts World Championship -15.21 going into today. I can't find a bet on the Anderson game, was tempted with Anderson -2/5 with skybet (4/5) but will pass. 8pts A.Lewis v M.Webster - Over 8.5 Sets @ 4/7 Bluesq The price won't be everyone's cup of tea but its hard to see either players only taking 2 sets, both players are playing very well indeed and I don't see alot splitting these two, this is a massive match for both players and the huge pressure come's with that. Webster has overcome Taylor though and you can't get much more pressure then that, Lewis will do what he has been doing all week and I think that will equal to a 6-3 scoreline to either player at the very least.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Not a good day yesterday, think alot of us struggled. Taken an early one on the Anderson Jenkins as I can't see the price getting any better. Anderson vs Jenkins- Anderson -2.5 set handicap- 4/7 William Hill- 5/10 Most bookies are going for the 3.5 handicap but I've gone for the perhaps safer option. If Anderson plays at even half the standard he did yesterday, can't see the bull coping. Jenkins was perhaps lucky to get past Newton, who missed a ton of doubles allowing Jenkins through. Anderson absolutely creamed Barney in truth except the first set. Although Barney didn't get going, even if he was adding 5/6 points to his average, still think he would have struggled to cope with the Scot. Jenkins will ultimately have to play his best match perhaps ever to get through this one and judging by his missed doubles yesterday, can't really see him troubling Anderson. Would be nice to see Jenkins take maybe one or two sets as I do like him, but this should be easy for Anderson.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship +3.79pts for the tournament. I'm was going to sit out the rest of the tournament now that i'm in profit but i really fancy the below bet. I agree with spooner above. Lewis/Webster will be a really tight game with atleast 9 sets. For this reason i'm going to go with the stats for my bet. 3pts Lewis over 12.50 180's @ 8/11 Paddy Power QF - 13 180's in 7 sets = Average of 1.86 180's per set 3rd rd - 9 180's in 5 sets = Average of 1.80 180's per set Lewis is hitting 180's for fun atm and i can't see that changing here whether he wins or loses tonight. Minimum of 9 sets in this game imo and therefore Lewis beats this line. Good luck all :hope

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Lucky enough to be going to tonight's action and am absolutely buzzing for it tbh. Obviously will be a great night but even better if i can make a few quid along the way, so my interest for the evening: 3pts Webby tb Lewis @ 2.26 Betfair I've been reading a lot of previews for this match and at the moment am the only one who doesn't fancy Lewis. Granted he's playing well but at the same time Webster is throwing some amazing darts. I'm pretty gutted i didn't get on the Welshman pre tourney, can see someone was lucky enough to get him at 88/1 :loon Wanted to back him e/w during the 2nd round but he had shot down to like 16/1 which made me seething so didn't bother in the end. Webby in form of his life, riding the crest after beating Taylor, hitting big numbers, finishing very well, not phased by big stage, odds against - yes please. I do respect Lewis massively but feel he does struggle in the longer formats. He usually comes out all guns blazing and excels in the shorter format but not so sure in the longer - seems to find it difficult to withstain the high levels, tonight i will be cheering on the Webster :beer My next 2 punts are kind of linked really: 3pts Anderson -2.5 Hcap @ 1.65 Betfair Anderson has massively impressed us all this tournament and last night he was truely exceptional. The way you see the first treble twenty plop in and almost expect the next 2 to follow is remarkable, much like Taylor a year or 2 ago. Apart from the first set last night where he was 'warming up' - unbelievable darts. Jenkins showed great determination and heart to come back from 4-3 down to beat Newton yesterday and at squeeky bum time his finishing was top notch. After seeing what Anderson did to Barney though, can't see nothing other than Jenks being blown out of the park. Honestly can't see any way Jenkins can clinch 4 sets here. Finally; 3pts Anderson V Jenkins Under 21.5 180s @ 1.83 WillHill Saw the line and this just seems too high. Anderson should obviously continue to rack up the 180s tonight but Jenkins has never impressed me as a 180s man. Can't see Jenkins throwing more than 4/5 180s tonight which will leave Anderson needing to throw 16/17 which is a hell of a lot, think he only got 11 against Barney last night? So, taking into account the speed i think Anderson will have Jenkins off the stage tonight and Jenkins inability to throw 180s, think this is a sound bet. Good luck all

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Hoping for another strong finish to the tournament with another one. 10pts Gary Anderson (-2.5 sets) to bt. Terry Jenkins @ 1.61 at Skybet Unless something unfortunate happens, this should be an easy victory for Gary. He is definitely the favorite for the win now - I am not worried about his finishing, because he should be scoring well enough to get to a finish ahead of Jenkins with some darts to spare. If he produces like yesteday, it will be a short match.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship These evening sessions continue to kill me. Hopefully that can change over the next couple of nights and I can limit the damage from this tournament. -32.08 overall now. 3pts T.Jenkins (+3.5 sets) to beat G.Anderson 4/5 Coral Gary Anderson is playing some superb darts at the minute and that's really good to see. He's someone I've known has had the potential for a long time and finally it's coming out on the biggest stage of all but this is a world championship semi final. Not any world championship either, this is a world championship he's now expected to win and that brings it's own pressure. Jenkins is a solid player who plays the board. He's beaten Anderson on TV in the past too. In the Grand Slam a couple of years ago Jenkins won an epic and Anderson averaged 105 on that occasion. Terry's gone quietly about his work this week but he's scored solidly and in the main he's hit his doubles. Unlike Anderson, he's massively experienced in the latter stages of PDC majors and his record in semis is good. If I'm honest I think this is a bit too much for him in terms of winning this contest but I do think he can stay within 3 sets of Jenkins. Anderson will have a poor match at some point in this event, even when he was winning his 15 titles Taylor always had a poor match. Anderson's could be tonight, 24hrs after the match of his life against Barney and with this shoulder injury of his having to back up on a 2nd successive night. However Anderson plays I think Jenkins can do enough on his throw to take 3 sets tonight. 5pts A.Lewis to beat M.Webster 4/5 Sportingbet 4pts Over 38.5 legs 5/6 William Hill I've deliberately taken this with Sportingbet who offer money back should Lewis lose a deciding set. I don't think he will lose a deciding set though. I don't think he'll lose at all. The list of people to beat Taylor then lose the following day on TV is ever increasing. Lewis at the Grand Prix and Beaton at the Grand Slam. It must take a lot of overcoming. The adrenalin and ecstacy of beating the great one. The phonecalls from everyone, media interest, lack of sleep etc etc. Webster's a bit fortunate in that he's on second tonight unlike Beaton and Lewis who were on within 24hrs of their win over Taylor but those two aren't the only two to fall foul of the spell. John Part, Wayne Mardle and Terry Jenkins all others to have beaten Taylor in a major and lost the following day. I think Webby will go ok tonight but when the time is needed to find the extra gear he might be found wanting. Lewis will keep him in the game purely by going slack at some point and that's why I like the over 38.5 legs. It can be achieved in 8 sets although it's unlikely. I think Lewis will edge a close one - maybe 6-4. But even if he wins 6-3 then that's likely to be enough as I don't see many sets being won 3-0 in this one. 6-3 means if all the sets go 3-1 we'd need to win 3 which are won 3-2. I think over the course of this match that's more than achievable so I'll take the overs in legs in a Lewis win.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Should be an interesting night on stage and in the forum with Kev going against the Anderson handicap. Still deliberating over the player 180s. Bet365 are offering 13 and over on Lewis and Anderson at around evens, and if their form tonight is like it has been last week, they should cover it. Going to have a think about it for 10 mins or so over a beer :beer

Re: PDC Darts World Championship What would people be doing in my position? I'm on Webster outright 1pt EW (1/2,1-2) @ 80/1.... so looking at 40pts if he wins tonight... I was pretty confident Webby had a good chance of beating Lewis, i've mentioned reasons in a post a couple of pages back. Now with pages of posters all going for Lewis my confidence has been smashed. I never normally lay off or lock profit in or whatever... what should I be looking to do and for how much e.t.c? Cheers in advance.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Tough one Perry really. Of course, you could have 20pts on Lewis to guarantee yourself a decent profit either way. However, you were clearly confident enough to take Webster so why not let it ride. One thing you could have done is to cover your stake but with it being only 1pt EW, there's no point. The question is, how would you feel if Webster won? Always trust your first instinct, that's my way. But only you can decide. Good luck mate:ok

Tough one Perry really. Of course, you could have 20pts on Lewis to guarantee yourself a decent profit either way. However, you were clearly confident enough to take Webster so why not let it ride. One thing you could have done is to cover your stake but with it being only 1pt EW, there's no point. The question is, how would you feel if Webster won? Always trust your first instinct, that's my way. But only you can decide. Good luck mate:ok
Cheers RussP....i'll be honest with you... thats exactly what I wanted to hear! After a bit of reassurance really! Never been sensible before, so I ain't starting now! The right thing would probably be to back Lewis, but I can't bring myself to do it.

Cheers RussP....i'll be honest with you... thats exactly what I wanted to hear! After a bit of reassurance really! Never been sensible before' date=' so I ain't starting now! The right thing would probably be to back Lewis, but I can't bring myself to do it.[/quote'] I'll answer as one who never lays off outrights and thankfully in the last 18 months or so I've had a few which have put me in your position. The way I look at it is I back myself. This is only one tournament and while it will be fantastic (and fully deserved) to pick up the 40pts, at the end of the day you'll lose 2pts if he loses. Down the road there will be plenty more tournaments and plenty more 80/1 shots to back and get you into this position. You won't lose on them all, particularly with your knowledge so it's about the bigger picture IMO. As I say, that's my opinion. Others lay off and I totally understand that way of thinking too. At the end of the day, it's completely up to you but one thing you should remember is whatever we've all posted up here are just our opinions. Nothing more. You'll have your own opinion on this match so follow that mate :ok.