Announcements
*** Ascot Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. RUG, 2nd. Soi Bongkot & 3rd. Jediknight ***
** May Poker League Result : 1st McG, 2nd muttley, 3rd GirlyWirly **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st CertiF, 2nd PercyP, 3rd adamross, 4th Joelavfc, 5th Chris P **
** May Naps Competition Result: 1st Internetmails, 2nd Rug, 3rd Rolandcooper, 4th Adamross. KO Cup Winner: Xtc12, Most Winners: Mickyftm32 **

PDC Darts World Championship

ok folks it's that time of year again when we cma look forward to the best dart players chasing THe title they all want and hope we have as many winnesr on thi site as last year when we had some astounding and sound advice being shared i will start with some early outirghts but have my eye on a few others bets just waiting for other markets to see various prices anyway lets get on with it. PAUL NICHOLSON 66/1 EW. Just for you Kev!, regular visitors here know how highly i rate this guy, qtr finalist here in his debut year, players championship winner, and for me the ability to be a top 8 player, the Asset is a big call here. Paul is undoubtedly in the toughest section of the draw which includes 4 world champions,TAYLOR, BEATON, WEBSTER, PART. and the likes of Lloyd, Stompe and Baxter, there can be no doubt whoever reaches the semi finals from this lot wiil feeel they deserve to win the whole thing. I don't think i have seen aqtr containing so many quality players before so i may take another one or two here, as this half contains Taylor the odds on th rest are very generous and if Taylor ain't back to his best one of this lot WILL take him out. Back to Nicholson though he played well at the GSOD a avg mid 90s and looking in good form throughout his finishing was back and he was scoring better than he had for a while. Yaeh he has a tricky first round tie in Steve Farmer who won a tour event this year earning him his debut here that for me is the telling fact Nicholson has played at this massive venue before whereas farmer has'nt and could be overawed i'll back paul to get past farmer and then he will have to get past Taylor, Part or Stompe just to reach the last 8! Paul has no self confidence issues he will relish the thought of playing any of them and on form the Aussie IS capable of knocking them out yes even Taylor , remember he beat an in form Taylor to win the PC along with consecutive 100+ finishing. this lad oozes class. and he is now a top 16 player on merit and with the real possibility of a PL place for 2011, he will want to impress i backed him at 80s to win the PC you trusted me then and hope i can give you another winner this time 7/10 ADRIAN LEWIS 25/1 EW. never thought i would see myself condoning the backing of Aidy to be world champ , but then again i never thought i would see him come back from behind and beat Taylor! the display from Lewis in that game in Ireland when he was 4 -2 down was without doubt the best display of darts i have seen for a long time he absouluely hammered the treble twenty, and rocked Taylor with a scoring burst he had no reply to. That win was a big monkey off Lewis's back he himself doubted he would vere beat Taylor and to do it by snatching victory from the jaws of defeat showed me a side of Lewis i have never seen before. He can now chase down opponents (some thing he was never good at before )along with Anderson, Thornton, Jenkins he was always a better playeer if leading. but never seemed to have that ability to stage a comeback if he went behind. He has now shown he has the bottle and in a qtr that includes only two players to have reached the final here before (whitlock, and Dudbridge) Jackpot will fancy his chances no one in this section can touch him when he is scoring at his best indeed only an on form Anderson is capable of matching Lewis's scoring and at 25s he is a very tasty bet for me i.m taking Aidy outight and needless to say i will be taking himto win this qtr too. 7/10

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PDC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP another outright from me in the 3rd qtr which really is the most open qtr of the draw. WES NEWTON 200/1. EW absoulute lunacy to rank Wes at these odds, i know he has struggled to make an impact on tv events but this guy everyone agrees is just so close to a good run in a tournament a reliable guy on the tour and is ranked in the top 16 so why he is this long is a mystery to me and as i alluded to earlier he is in what for me is the easiest section of the draw. ok Wade is the top seed in it but he is lower than a snakes belly just now, that Waites defeat at the GS i feeel has really got top James and his form is suffering ( could'nt happen to a nicer guy). anyway Wade apart it is hard to see any real stand outs in this qtr Jenkins, again has not got a great record here.Klaasen, Walsh, Painter and Tabern i think they would all fancy thier chances against each other but Wes for me has to make the break through soonand why not this time at a stupid price. 4/10 GARY ANDERSON 20/1 EW. i know , backing Lewis and Anderson i must be crazy but i have to go with a fellow Scot too. Gary is now a top 10 PDC player on merit and surely a shoe in for the PL 2011. so he goes into this event with confidence, runner up at teh UK open in May and on the back of just being edged out by Jones at the GSOD Gary is the real deal now. i know we cant trust him on his doubles even if he walked up to the board and palced them in by hand could we really trust him to hit them, i don't know. the advantage Gary has is his sheer scoring power onley Lewis can match a fully flowing Anderson an thaey are in opposite halves of the draw, but we still have that achilles heel of his arse going in Dublin 3-2 up against Taylor it went and likewise against Woody at Wolverhampton the same lost agame he had won, but i think that is something we are going to have to contend with for a while along with Anderson in this qtr is Barney (sorry for me he is now a spent force i don't like his mind set anymore and i think other players will know now get in front of him and he's gone ) KIng, still grieving for his father.oand Osbborne Caven and Bates all good tour players but yet to prove themselves at the sharp end so i think you might agree Anderson is the sensible choice for this qtr, can't believe i just said that think i'd better go and lie down ! 8/10

Re: PDC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP another outright from me WAYNE JONES 100/1. EW. agruably for me the most improved player in 2010. Woody started the year in the mid 20s of the rankings he now goes in the tournament comfortably in the top 16, at 13 in the ranking list. his achievements this season last 4 at World matchplay, last 4 at GSOD and runner up at the European Championships. so he has finally taken that step up on the PDC tour. don't forget Jones got to the last 4 of the world championship in a surprise run in the mid 2000's granted he had a good draw that time but that was before he was at the level he is now. In the last 6 months he has improved his scoring power greatly and seems to have that gritty determination, it does'nt worry him if he is in front or behind in games and in his side of the draw on Whitlock would present him with a major obstacle before the last 8. You all know i like Woody always liked him and would love to see him continue the great year and reach the latter stages of the WC 5/10 Also just want to offer my opinon on Taylor 1/2 to win and as i stated before he is in one hell of a tough qtr. The Taylor that lost to Lewis in Dublin was a new Taylor for me to lose a game from being 4-2 up in sets 5-4 is a remarkable occurance. the last time that happened was the epic World final when he lost to Barney. the in th GSOD he got a good beating from Hankey now we know Taylor would have hated that and the whole spectacle of the spectacles ! was a major factor there i did'nt see his Beaton beating but was informed Beaton outplayed the Power and on the back of the shock World Cup defeat to Spain i'll stick my neck out now and predict that The Power won't reach the last 8 of this years championship and if he does exit early just watch everyone elses odds shorten drastically. would be interested to read all other posters opinions on Taylors chances and agree or disagree with me.

Re: PDC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP Well I definitely agree that Taylor's price is a joke. It is definitely something you can lay any day and be profitable long-term. He still has the skill, but he seems to be inconsistent nowadays - something that was beyond imagination some months ago. Not reaching top eight is a brave call, but not winning seems to be pretty probable. So yeah, I do not like his chances and while the top 8 call is brave, he has some tough opponents. Will definitely look to oppose him at some point, perhaps even before the tournament.

Re: PDC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

yeah agree with kevshat about Taylor 7/4 is value' date=' already said he my strong fancy. Should he win tomorrow night which is most likely i think his price may go evens or odds on, hence the reason he is value. Also John Part is the forgotton man in the field imo, he should get 2 last 16 easily, is very consistant & raises his game under pressure, friday morning u get bigger than 40s so bet him then.[/quote'] Just went back to 2008 thread. Quoted myself, actually was 40/1 on that friday morning ;) I reckon an outsider can do it again, Taylor is knowhere near the man that won the matchplay in July, more alarming is he chucked away leads in grand prix & grand slam. Give me a week or so haha so I can study the field deeply to dig out another!!! :loon:ok

Re: PDC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP Bob i am a big fan of john part and the year he last won he was'nt fancied and indeed won with an avg of around mid 90s Part has slipped of late but the man is still class,and at 125s i think i am going to have to have a serious consideration to him again the fact he is in the tough qtr of the draw has to be borne in mind too. but i'll tell you what i would bet on him to beat Taylor he has the mental toughness that few others have

Re: PDC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP R.Barneveld World Championship outright- 16/1 - Boylesports - 1.5pts EW (1-2,1/2) This is basically 8/1 on Barney to make the final, with a bonus if he wins. He is in the other half of the draw to Taylor and therefore his biggest threat in reaching the final is James Wade. I'd take Barney at 8/1 to beat Wader! I would normally leave it another week but should Holland win the world cup that's on or Barney do something silly and hit a 9-darter along the way... These odds will only go one way. Barney is previous world champ in both organisations and has beaten Taylor in a final before as well, pedigree enough if needed. He is well over the blackmail story and his health problems from earlier in the year and from what I've seen this weekend is carefree and that is showing in his darts. Taylor said losing in the world cup might be a blessing in disguise well I say if Holland win, the confidence should be just what Barney needs to kick him on, in what he says himself is the 'most important tournament in the world'. If Holland don't win then I can't see a Runner up spot (presuming they beat Spain!) denting his confidence and practice time on the stage, with the lights and on TV is better than practice time in your backroom!

Re: PDC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP Perry i have to disagree seeing Barnet just give up when behind at the GS is unforgivable, i recall the year Barney won the PDC title he played Colin LLoyd and was either 3-1, of 4-1 down in that game (think it was 1st or 2nd round ) and he came back to win, he did the same in the final coming from 3 sets down to beat Taylor the Barney nowadays would'nt do that. he has'nt the stomach for a fight anymore, shame to see a player with his talent and ability like that but i'm not touching Barney this year i'm afraid. i just don't think i trust him enough to back him Perry

Re: PDC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP M.Webster World championship outright -80/1- Sportingbet - 1pt EW (1-2,1/2) Following the world cup theme again really, Sportingbet are way out with their odds on Webby in my opinion. Others go as little as 40's. He's playing well as can be seen in the World Cup, has proved he can handle the PDC worlds and the Ally Pally with his 3rd place finish last year and has of course won the BDO World champs. He is in Taylors Quarter but if you sign up to 'Taylor is vulnerable' then why shouldn't it be Webster who knocks him out? He's got the mental toughness and can mix it with the best of them. If he were to overcome that little hurdle he could face Whitlock in the Semi and by that time he'd be 40/1 to beat the man he Won his BDO title against. Overpriced and worth a small EW punt IMO.

M.Webster World championship outright -80/1- Sportingbet - 1pt EW (1-2' date=1/2) Following the world cup theme again really, Sportingbet are way out with their odds on Webby in my opinion. Others go as little as 40's. He's playing well as can be seen in the World Cup, has proved he can handle the PDC worlds and the Ally Pally with his 3rd place finish last year and has of course won the BDO World champs. He is in Taylors Quarter but if you sign up to 'Taylor is vulnerable' then why shouldn't it be Webster who knocks him out? He's got the mental toughness and can mix it with the best of them. If he were to overcome that little hurdle he could face Whitlock in the Semi and by that time he'd be 40/1 to beat the man he Won his BDO title against. Overpriced and worth a small EW punt IMO.
you could be right Perry my worry is if the crowd get to him like the GSOD which was a disgrace BTW, Webby would have to get past Baxter, Beaton and /or Lloyd just treach last 8 as we said eralier a real minefield then in the last 8 it would be Taylor, Part, Nicholson or Stompe waiting so there is no doubt Webby is a good player but i think we could see all these guys suffer as i expect all the games involving them to be tight and fatigue to be a factor, i will consider the others in this qtr but to be fair you could make a valid case for them ALL. but i would'nt discourage Webby backesr at 80s seems a decent price IF Taylor goes out.

you could be right Perry my worry is if the crowd get to him like the GSOD which was a disgrace BTW' date=' Webby would have to get past Baxter, Beaton and /or Lloyd just treach last 8 as we said eralier a real minefield then in the last 8 it would be Taylor, Part, Nicholson or Stompe waiting so there is no doubt Webby is a good player but i think we could see all these guys suffer as i expect all the games involving them to be tight and fatigue to be a factor, i will consider the others in this qtr but to be fair you could make a valid case for them ALL. but i would'nt discourage Webby backesr at 80s seems a decent price IF Taylor goes out.[/quote'] If I remember rightly... Webby got a bit of jib going for his double because had he hit it, he would've eliminated Wolverhamptons very own 'Wanderer' not because he is unpopular, Nicholson-esque? And IMHO Webster has nothing to fear in Baxter, Beaton or Lloyd. The crunch comes in the quarters like you say, but i'll take my chances with an in form 80/1 Webster ;)

If I remember rightly... Webby got a bit of jib going for his double because had he hit it, he would've eliminated Wolverhamptons very own 'Wanderer' not because he is unpopular, Nicholson-esque? And IMHO Webster has nothing to fear in Baxter, Beaton or Lloyd. The crunch comes in the quarters like you say, but i'll take my chances with an in form 80/1 Webster ;)
:lol. Agreed. If Webster ever fears Lloyd or Baxter he needs to find a new job :ok. And regarding the crowd, he got done up by the crowd when he played Jones on his own patch in the group stage. 3rd at the Ally Pally last year. More than good enough to go 2 further but I'll be sticking to my avoiding Taylor tactic I think :$.

Re: PDC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP ok guys decided to limit myself to ten outrights so i am going to continue with my other 6 now hope you get a good selesction to pick from out of them. COLIN LLOYD 125/1 Just 4 years ago Jaws was No 1 in the rankings, and went into the WC as the top seed now he is seeded 9 , and in the "quarter of death" but Lloyd is in an elite bunch only him Wade, Part, Manley, and Barney have won a Sky TV event apart from Taylor in that time. He has been Matchplay champion winning with a 170 outshot , and also WGP champion, So Lloydy has done it before. Colin has played better this year he has shown signs of getting back to his best form all year i have been watching him and feel thatbhe is improving everytime i see him,he has a dangerous round one tie against Andree Welge but if Lloydy wants to be consideredas a challenger ha has to see opponent like that off easily. After that it's likely Steve Beaton will await now i'll be honset with you i was torn between who to back between Lloyd an Beaton outright and on his day the Adonis is a cracking player (just as Taylor) but i fancy Lloyd to be that bit more consistent of the two and so i picked him i may well take Beaton for the QTR betting though. If Loyd reaches last 16 it should be Webster and as i'm taking him too (more to come ) we ca'nt lose here then it's last 8 where i believe we could see Taylor already out by this stage and if so then perm ANYONE from this qtr. surely 125's is far too big a price for Colin, make no mistake on form he IS a contender. 6/10 SIMON WHITLOCK 16/1 last years runner up and an infamous 125/1EW pick by Kev last year too (cheers for that Kev). and this year he will go in ranked in top 4 and as THE main threat in the top half (if we are discounting Taylor). he has jsut come off the back of an amzing feat in the World Cup of darts 170. 164 161 all dispatched in less than jhalf an hour on that form he will be unstoppable only Taylor, and a top form Wade and Barney can compete with the Wizards finnishing he is so good i still expect to see him take out 169. 168 and 165 with three darts! anyway he is in a really good qtr wher only a top form Lewis would give him any trouble round one and two should be gimmee's then the last 16 would see Jones who despit his great year would need a titanic effort to take out Simon, that would set up hopefully a game where the best finisher could play the best scorer (Lewis) and i 'll go for winner of that to reach the final in the top half. 8/10 COLIN OSBORNE 100/1. Colin has dipped a bit this year he was ranked 11 last year he goes into this one seeded 14 and tit has to be said Osborne has been very ppor this term he has failed to sparkle on the stage but maybe this is the event for him, qtr finalist the year Part won, and he only has a run in the UK open to boast of since but he should be a threat a sound technique, fit, young and cool and calm the perfect dart player really he suufer a first round defeat to Whitlock last year but watched that and he was desperately unlucky his avg in that one game was in the top ten for the entire tournament so that shows how ell he played despite losing. Osborne must be happy with his draw he will fancy getting through the first two rounds then it could be Barney ( if still in ) but if Barney is out then Osborne should have a real chance of making at least last 8 HE needs to have a big WC her has the likes of Jones, Nicholson, Newton and Painter around him in the rankings all real battlers so he will need a run to ensure his top 16 place. 5/10 JOHN PART 125/1. There is an old saying "form is temporary, class is permanent" well make no mistake John Part is class. still for me after Tyalor the betpughest player mentally in the tournament. not a heavy 180s scorer, and certainly not a Whitlocl esque finsiher but he hits them at the imprtant times which makes him agreat set play player rather than leg play.3 times world champ at 125/1 you're having a laugh surely, yeah he has sipped down the rankings but he is still a player NONE of them want to play he has previous of first round exits at the WC before (bill Davis and Steven Bunting BDO) spring to mind. lasy year he got hammered 4-1 in round two by Kirk Shepherd but as i recall there was something happened during the game or Part was'nt well which was a major factor in the result. Yeah he is in the qtr of death and we can look forward to Taylor v Part in round two and i jsut have a sneeky feeling Part could take Taylor if he does then he would expect to go to last 4 at least and Part gets stronger as events go on. Jenkins, Painter , Osborne and Jones are all shorter odds that Part but he is a far better bet to win than any of those four. 7/10 KEVIN MCDINE 125/1 Supermac is a shock call i agree but he has a decent record here reached round three last year beating Preistley and Bates before running in to a heavy scoring Lewis in the last 16. I know he does'nt score heavily enough or take out big finishes consistently enough but i still think he has something about him ther is always one player puts together a run ( Shepherd, Stompe, Nicholson, Bates, Webster) all wereof similar standing to McDine coming into the tournament. so yeah he is along shot but hey worth a pound of anyones money. 4/10 MARK WEBSTER 66/1. yeah another from the qtr of death he was semi finalist last year along the way Stompe, Walsh and Manley were dispatched against Manley he had to endure the usual manley gamesmanship and being 2 setx down but he showed character to win that and progress, he was unseede last year this year he goes in ranked 25 and knowing a good run could secure that coveted PL spot. looking at his route Maich round one tough but winnable, then LLoyd, Baxter Beaton Sholten would stand between the Welshman and last 8, he would fancy beating any of them but as i said we could throw a blanket over them all on form they are that close on abilty. if he does reach last 8 then it could be Taylor but as i've gone on record and said before i think he will have exited by this stage.so Nicholson, Part or STompe the probable foes, again yeah tough games but this lad has a steel about him and again another who i think is a set player, tell you what i agree with Perry he could be the real value in this tournament 6/10 well thats my ten outrights selected i'm takin them all EW too i know i will suffer set backs with 4 being in the qtr of death but hey i have enjoyed giving my opinion hope you found it of use and look forward to sharing in numerous successes that we have on the thread every darts tournament.,

ok guys decided to limit myself to ten outrights so i am going to continue with my other 6 now hope you get a good selesction to pick from out of them.
Bloody hell mate, that's a lot. By the way, think you've posted 11, not 10:ok

Re: PDC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP Your perfectly entitled to tip as many as you like theoldmaster... My slight issue is.. If I were new here and couldn't afford to back all 11 of your selections eachway.. How would I know which to go for? Say I wanted to follow you and back 3... How would I know which 3 you are most confident about? Only you don't use a point scale, confidence rating or mark out of 10 as most other posters do? Cheers

Re: PDC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP I wasn't going to bet on this just yet but Barney's form this weekend has forced my hand. I'm with Perry albeit to a slight stronger stake. 2pts ew R.Barneveld to win World Championship 16/1 William Hill (1/2 1,2) I can't ignore Raymond Barneveld this week. We know from the world cup this weekend that he's playing some good arrers. I'm not going to read a huge amount into the Grand Slam. Yes he was crap but at the end of the day he lost to the winner so I'm fine with that. Even though he had Co Stompe by his side, Barney looks like the love for darts is still there. The emotion he showed at the end of the tournament shows how he enjoys winning and I'm sure it's a feeling which will spur him on through this tournament. Barney was runner up here in 09 and let's be honest but for some of the most insane darts you've ever seen from Whitlock in the semi last year, he'd have been runner up again last year at worst. I've said in the past that Barney doesn't think he can beat Taylor but that's not such an issue these days because Taylor has lost a bit of his aura since the Matchplay. I don't think Barney could have asked for a better draw for certain. Similar to Taylor, he'll be disappointed if he doesn't make the semi finals from this draw. His seed in the quarter is an out of form Merv King and those he's due to face before that QF showdown if it works to seedings are Steve Hine, Barrie Bates and Colin Osborne. He isn't going to need a psychologist to prepare for those 3. I really think Barney will go well here. He's tried and tested at the highest level and the longer the matches go the tougher he'll be to beat. He's got a wonderful draw and at 16/1 he's my pick to become a 6 time world champion.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Webster now best 50/1... Barney on left at 16's with tote, boyles and SJ. For anyone following theoldmaster... Nicholson is available at 100/1 with Sportingbet Lewis is available at 33/1 with tote and Sportingbet Jones is available at 125/1 with VC and tote Mcdine is available at 250/1!! With Sportingbet And Part is also available at a whooping 250/1 with Sportingbet!!

Your perfectly entitled to tip as many as you like theoldmaster... My slight issue is.. If I were new here and couldn't afford to back all 11 of your selections eachway.. How would I know which to go for? Say I wanted to follow you and back 3... How would I know which 3 you are most confident about? Only you don't use a point scale, confidence rating or mark out of 10 as most other posters do? Cheers
Perry i have gone back and marked them out of ten see your point! i have a strong feeling for Part for some reason i just think that he is FAR too long odds considering his pedigree.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship

Webster now best 50/1... Barney on left at 16's with tote, boyles and SJ. For anyone following theoldmaster... Nicholson is available at 100/1 with Sportingbet Lewis is available at 33/1 with tote and Sportingbet Jones is available at 125/1 with VC and tote Mcdine is available at 250/1!! With Sportingbet And Part is also available at a whooping 250/1 with Sportingbet!!
have to say Lewis and Nicholson look great value

Re: PDC Darts World Championship STEVE BROWN TO WIN 3rd QUARTER 80/1 SKYBET The 3rd quarter looks an interesting one. Although Wade is clearly the class act in this quarter he crumbled badly against Waites which must be a concern. Jenkins appears to be in decline so its possible an outsider could prevail. I like the look of Steve Brown who is very capable on his day. Ive seen him play a few times and he can certainly hit some big finishes. In what could be an open quarter the price of 80/1 looks tempting

Re: PDC Darts World Championship 2 more outrights for me. Barring any late price shift these will be my last two outrights. 1pt ew M.Walsh to win World Championship 100/1 Coral (1/2 1,2) Mark Walsh isn't someone I normally look to back on TV but there's no question he is playing some of the best darts of his career at the minute. Walshie's record in this event isn't as good as perhaps it should be for someone who has been flirting with the top 10 in the world for the last 12-18 months or so. However when we look back at the 3 years of this tournament at the Ally Pally, we see Walsh has been beaten by Taylor in 2008, a match which Walsh took to a deciding 7th set, King in 2009 and Webster in a 1st round classic last year. All three made the semi finals and beyond in the year they beat Walsh so the arguement is there that Walshie hasn't done a lot wrong recently in this tournament. Unlike past years, he wouldn't face a top 10 player or a potential top 10 player until the quarter final and that's why I think Walshie is backable potential at a 3 figure price. Factor in his terrific form coming in - in the last 6 players championship events he's played he's only failed to make the quarter finals once. That includes back to back finals in which he beat Phil Taylor in one of them so he really is coming in here in excellent form. With a nice draw and good form behind him I'll have a dabble at Walshie to go far in this event. 1pt R.Burnett to win 3rd Quarter 100/1 Sportingbet I accept this is a long shot but I don't think it's a 100/1 shot. Richie Burnett has been playing some good darts over the last 2-3 months. Like Walsh, he too made back to back players championship finals. Over the course of those two tournaments he beat the likes of Colin Lloyd, Mark Webster, Gary Anderson and Simon Whitlock which is no mean effort. With the exception of James Wade there's nothing of that level in this quarter so if he can come into this tournament with that form then he could take a few with him. I mentioned the smooth part of the draw for Walsh and Burnett could be a last 32 opponent for him so the same thing applies to Burnett. Should Burnett turn up and beat Walsh in a cracker then we'll still have a runner from that section. It's not my normal style to take 2 bets in the same small section of the draw but for me the Welshman is a huge price at 100/1 to make the semi finals when we factor in that players championship form. He may bomb out to Tabern in the opening round but at this price I'm more than happy to pay to find out.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Kevin Painter TO WIN 3RD QTR 12/1. Shirley from Eastenders! Well we can expect his usual finger licking, stepping back from the oche, routine that he goes through yeah thats for sure. But we can also expect Painter to have to be scraped off the oche, he is and old fashioned slugger Painter enjoys a good old fashioned tear up, Last year he should have taken out Barney, who was showing severe signs of fatigue and if Painter had managed to squeeze that game into a 5th set then Barneveld woull probably have collapsed. Painter faces the young Irishman Dolan in round one a potential banana skin, for sure but this is one he should come through wher it should be Wes Newton in round 2. this could be a tough game but we already have Wes for an outright so i'm willing to back the Artist in this one. then in the qtrs he is seeded to face Wade now we know Wade will be suffering after the Waites capitulation Painter will relish taking on Wade just the kind of game he is right up for. he loves these type of opponents but i am not convinced Wade will be in the last 16 and if not Painter has a real chance of reaching the last 4. a former runner up when he should have beaten Taylor, like him or not Painter is one player they all want to avoid. STEVE BEATON TO WIN 1ST QTR @ 25/1. the conquerer of the Power at Wolverhampton the Adonis is another one of the "qtr of death " players we have gone through the possible match ups before on this thread needledd to say there are going to be some big name casualties here, Beaton is an enigma, one his day there is no better player to watch he fluency and speed is a joy to watch and he never sems to get flustered, he has pedigree a former WC over the divide. he on form is a decent shout to reach last 4. he can beat all his potential opponents and that includes the Power, IF he is on on his game he can do real damage and i can see real value in this price offered by the sponsors firm.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Okay, here is my take on this. We have somehow arrived at the conclusion that Taylor might not make it this year. But everyone seems to run to the high prices to value - Beaton, Walsh, etc. I will go with two I think have enough value to take. 4pts E/W James Wade to win the World Championship (9.00 with various) 4pts E/W Simon Whitlock to win the World Champioship (17.00 with Stan James) These two guys are arguably among the favorites to win this and the prices seem to be solid. They are able to keep quality over long matches, something I can see some other player struggling with. Both are proven contenders here and also showed solid form throughout the year (unlike Barney, for example). I think that we can get a winner here and I think the value is there. Just my two cents, if anyone cares :ok

Re: PDC Darts World Championship It's a tad unfair to say Barney hasn't put in solid form over the year. If you look at the last two PDC majors he's made a final and a semi final. He never qualified for the UK Open and started the Premier League poorly for reasons we now know why but still hit a 9 dart finish in it. That's not bad in my eyes :ok. I do agree with you about Wade though. I'm just put off by his record in the event and the price to some extent. I'm going to take one more outright. A very speculative but not without a chance quarter bet. Rest assured at this price if this one comes through a couple of rounds I'll be looking for ways to lock in a profit. 1pt D.Smith to win 2nd Quarter 125/1 Blue Square Dennis Smith has a very good record in this event. He's been a semi finalist in it in the past and ok he's not as high up in the game as he was then but he's still shown that even though he's not the player he was, that he can still perform on the best stage. In the last 9 times he's played this tournament he's only gone out before the last 16 once so he can get himself prepared for it. Two years ago he made the last 16 beating Terry Jenkins and Kevin McDine on his way before losing to Mervyn King. It's perfectly possible that he could go out in the opening round to Andy Hamilton but Hamilton isn't a player I trust too much. Nobody will like Smiffy's slow, knife slinger style and although there's some big names in this quarter, there's enough so called lesser names to take them out and open this quarter right up. We've seen in the past the likes of Kirk Shepherd, Wayne Jones, Andy Jenkins and in many ways even Simon Whitlock be surprise semi finalists in this tournament so it's not set in stone that the top players will make it. If Smith can win a couple of matches we'll be in a good position to lock in some nice profit so at this price I'll take Smith in this 2nd quarter.