** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

PDC Darts World Championship

theoldmaster

Re: PDC Darts World Championship

A quick one before the Whitlock/Ovens game starts... Match Handicap - Whitlock - 2.5 Sets @ 1.67 skybet Got to fancy whitlock here, i cant really see The Heat taking two sets tonight. Whitlock is a powerful scorer whos takes out ton finishes for fun. Im really confident in this bet and i see Whitlock winning this one no worse than 4-1 5 Points @ 1.67 Good Luck:hope
Been dabbling around on betfair with this one and have a wee bit of green on this. Fingers crossed mate

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PDC Darts World Championship I'm -14.83pts for the tournament so far. Let's see if i can pull a few pts back in the last game of the evening. My bets are 10pts Mensur Suljovic (+3.5 sets) @ 4/7 SB/PP/Bet365 This guy Suljovic is no mug having played here the last few years and knocked out some good players. Don't get me wrong, i don't believe he has what it takes to beat wadey but an average similar to his 1st rd match of 91.51 will ensure him of atleast a set. 3pts Highest checkout in match 121 or more @ 5/6 Sportingbet Both players beat this line in their 1st rd games with wade finishing his trademark 121 and suljovic finishing 136. I think both players are capable of beating this line tonight. 1pt Suljovic highest checkout in match @ 5/2 Bet365 I think wade is rightly the big fav to take out the highest checkout of the match as he's a fantastic finisher but i feel 5/2 is a nice price for a guy who hits alot of 100+ scores and has proved in the 1st rd that he's capable of a big checkout. Best of luck. :hope

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Welcome to the forum guys. 5pts C.Osborne to beat J.Caven @ 8/13 Stan James Wouldn't be surprised to see shouts for Caven to win here but I personally think Osborne will come through this, both players came through the last round with 3-1 scorelines however I was more impressed with Osborne who's averages were slightly better and a similar performance could be good enough. Both players weren't hitting the doubles as they'd of like and this is why you could argue that whoever sharpens up on that takes the match. Osborne's the better player from what I've seen and I think he'll progress.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Great stuff Kev, good calls all around on Wade match.

4pts J.Wade vs M.Suljovic - Over 7.5 180's 5/6 Sportingbet 1pt M.Suljovic Most 180's 13/5 VC This 180 line looks very low. When the moon is aligned correctly, Wade can spank 180's like he's employed a magnet in the 60 while his opponent here - Suljovic, is no mug when it comes to the 180's either. Suljovic hit 3 maxs in the opening round and even if he goes down 4-0 tonight I think he can take some 180's with him. A few years ago he lost 4-0 to Mark Dudbridge in this round but he still hit 4 180's in that match. He even hit 4 in a 1st round defeat here last year. So the Austrian will chip in with his share of maximums and with his scoring often coming in bursts he could well put 3 legs together and force a 5th set out of this one if not a 6th. Wade only hit 1 180 against Alcinas in the 1st round but he played pretty well. It wouldn't surprise me if Suljovic forces a 6th set here but as I've highlighted given his contributions in the past even if this is 4-0 there could still be 8 180's. I'm happy to take that line and with his 180 record I think Suljovic is a big price on the most 180's market and is worthy of a small investment there.

I'm -14.83pts for the tournament so far. Let's see if i can pull a few pts back in the last game of the evening. My bets are 10pts Mensur Suljovic (+3.5 sets) @ 4/7 SB/PP/Bet365 This guy Suljovic is no mug having played here the last few years and knocked out some good players. Don't get me wrong, i don't believe he has what it takes to beat wadey but an average similar to his 1st rd match of 91.51 will ensure him of atleast a set. 3pts Highest checkout in match 121 or more @ 5/6 Sportingbet Both players beat this line in their 1st rd games with wade finishing his trademark 121 and suljovic finishing 136. I think both players are capable of beating this line tonight. 1pt Suljovic highest checkout in match @ 5/2 Bet365 I think wade is rightly the big fav to take out the highest checkout of the match as he's a fantastic finisher but i feel 5/2 is a nice price for a guy who hits alot of 100+ scores and has proved in the 1st rd that he's capable of a big checkout. Best of luck. :hope
+5.21pts for the night and now -9.62pts for the tournament. Great shout on the 180's kev. :clap

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Some excellent calls in here today :clap. -4.45 for me overall. 4pts D.Priestley (+2.5 sets) to beat G.Anderson Evs William Hill 1pts D.Priestley to beat G.Anderson 9/2 Stan James Dennis Priestley's a big price both for the match and the handicap here. Anderson played well in the 1st round against an opponent who was never really going to be dangerous but he's still shown even recently at the Grand Slam that he can't be trusted to hit doubles. I also don't think the pace of Priestley will suit him here either. Anderson will struggle to get any rhythm. In fact, Priestley leads their head to heads 4-1, 3-0 in the last 3 months and I think that could have an impact here. Anderson's a heavy scorer but Priestley can score too and his slow, deliberate style could well see him more reliable on the outer ring. This time last year Anderson was walloped by Baxter 4-0. I don't expect Priestley to win this 4-0 but I do expect him to win a couple of sets and having done that there's no reason why he can't win 2 more than bring the 9/2 shot in. 3pts M.King vs A.Smith - Over 8.5 180's 5/6 Sportingbet Two pretty heavy scorers here and two solid players. I think this could easily finish 4-2 or 4-3 which would give us lots of time to get these 9 180's in. In the 1st round against Shane Titchowitsch, Smith hit 6 180's which was a decent effort. King only hit one 180 against Magnus Caris but he was in cruise control really. He hit a stack of 140's which on another day become 180's so I'm happy King will contribute to this line. Assuming it is a close enough match, and I think it will be, then both have the scoring ammunition to cover this line nicely enough.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Wow, I started off with a winner - Maybe my luck is changing! Unfortunately have to work today but have two for the afternoon. 10pts 10 & Over 180's @4/5 B365 Osborne v Caven Can see this match being very close with bot playing well in round 1. Round 1 saw Osborne hit 5 max's (16 legs) with Caven hitting 4 (19 legs). Will be very suprised if we dont get 6 sets here which will see them easily past this figure. Also in our favour is obviously the good form of Caven prior to this competition so can assume a much improved effort from his 84 average in the 1st game.

christ on a bike that first qtr is seeing all sorts of big names go and we will have more to come i feel before the week is out. anyway back to todays games, i am away for the festive period and may only see the final so my tips are based on reports and previous form but here goes anyway. VINCENT V DER VOORT V WAYNE JONES MOST 180S, JONES @2/1. well for sure VDV is a 180s scorer i am sure we all recall that record breaking game against Klassen a couple yeras back when they were going toe to toe on the 180s, and while Vincent would usually be the sensible pick in this market i am taking Woody for this. The stats suggest i am wrong with VDV hitting 4 maximums in his first round and Woody only managing half that but that to me is a red herring regulars here know how highly i rate Woody he has come on leaps and bounds in 2010, and for me he has been player of the year, ( as i voted in the planetdarts vote, feel free to vote on the website) but while Kev is spot on regarding WQoodys resilience and his fighting capabilities i have to disagree Kev on your view of Jones scoring from the Matchplay onwards Waynes 180 scoring has improved dramatically and this added to the rest of his solid game has been a major factor in his rise up the rankings, he outscored Wade at Balckpool not an easy thing to do but he did. and for me he is far more conssitent than the Dutchman no arguements there i reckon 2/1 is far too big a price as we all expect Jones to win so in that case he should have bigger scores! so that is my first tip. STEVE BROWN 9/4 V TERRY JENKINS. this will be a revenge mission for the bull, Brown pretty much coraled the bull at the Matchplay as he beat Terry in round one, so Jenks will be rampaging here! Avg wise there is'nt much between them Jenkins 87, and Brown 91 in th first round though Terry tried to contrive to lose to Cullen on a few occassions, the 180s sees them tied at 5 apiece to but Jenkins did play 5 sets to Browns 3, and neither had a 100+ finish so it should be closer than Tommy Shridan and Billy Davies stats would suggest. but i have tipped Brown for his qtr and i am sticking by that as i mentioned early on this thread ther is often a shock performer in this tourney and Brown has what it takes to reach the last 8 at least. Another bet i'm attracted by is the correct scroeline wher and Brown victory is decent odds but in particular 4-2 Brown at 9/1 is a stand out for me. it would reqquire only one break of throw for Brown to see this come in and as we have seen there is'nt mush between either player so iam havin that too.
at last a winner in the first tip hope yoa all took that one too a big hello to the newbies here you are most welcome

Re: PDC Darts World Championship KING 2/9 V SMITH 3/1. i am backing the pieman here, i really don't think Merv is as odds on as the bookies would suggest. i the first round both had what can be described as nmore or less gimmee's, neither being troubled on thier way to victory and with King 93, and Smith 94 avg this would suggest a close encounter, Smith can hit big scores fir fun but his stage form is'nt as good as it should be he should have a major qtr or semi to his name by now but he does'nt Merv we all know what we get with him too gritty determination and certainly the more consistently heavy scorer of the two. Although Smith had 6 maximums to Kings one in the first round. i can see this being close and break of throws will be rarer than than an Aberdeen FC win! but King has not been himself for a while now mainly due to the passing of his father which obviously hit Merv hard ofcourse this could lead to a purpose for Merv to play for but he has'nt shown that as any kind of spur before now, Really this could go either way and this could be a pick em game but i'm edging towards Smith. ANDERSON 1/7 V PRIESTLEY 9/2. Kev has a point Anderson will struggle with the pace of the menacewho will keep it down to a crawl, but Gary has been around long enough now surely to know how to handle the slower opponents and while i would love to see Den go and win the title in what many say will be his swansong the stats just don't back that up Anderson 103 avg in round one against a player i would have fancied beating!while Den avgd 92 against the German Roith who would have pushed him more than Anderson's opponent IF Gary is finsihing the he is the real deal and with Wade out (as i predicted earlier in this thread) then Gary along with Barney are the two protagonists in this half now Sorry Kev i know where you are coming from but i have to disagree. OSBORNE 8/13 V CAVEN 6/5 you could throw ablanket over these two they are so close but i have a strange reason to back the wizard in this one, i am spending the festive period at my in laws the last time i did that Osborne reached the qtr finals, (and Taylor lost in that round too. ) so that is the reason i am going for Colin! Caven is an excellent floor player who has rightly so earned plaudits for his performances while Osborne looked like he was going become a real contender.after that run in the WC a few years back but despite having the technique and coolness that is required he for me lacks that killer instinct maybe he is too much of a nice guy, i don't know but hehas to kick on now his top 16 place is at stake and that coveted status is the only way to guaruntee playing in all the televised big money events.Another factor is the avg Caven was avg nearly BDO standard in round one a lowly 84, while Osborne was a far more acceptable 93, and while Caven can match that can he raise his game to that for a long period i'm not so sure.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship 4 points Osborne to beat Caven @ 8/13 2 points Osborne -1.5 sets vs Caven @ 6/5 I know a lot of people rate Caven but personally don't see what the fuss is about. Osborne has a 6-3 head to head record against Caven and looked fairly impressive in the first round. He averaged 92, compared to Caven who averaged 84. What's more impressive about the wizards performance is that he managed that average whilst only finishing at 27%. His scoring seems to be well on song as always, and the worry is the doubles as usual. I feel he should be first at the double more often than not, and if he can hit them with any degree of regularity he wins this well.

I'm -14.83pts for the tournament so far. Let's see if i can pull a few pts back in the last game of the evening. My bets are 10pts Mensur Suljovic (+3.5 sets) @ 4/7 SB/PP/Bet365 This guy Suljovic is no mug having played here the last few years and knocked out some good players. Don't get me wrong, i don't believe he has what it takes to beat wadey but an average similar to his 1st rd match of 91.51 will ensure him of atleast a set. 3pts Highest checkout in match 121 or more @ 5/6 Sportingbet Both players beat this line in their 1st rd games with wade finishing his trademark 121 and suljovic finishing 136. I think both players are capable of beating this line tonight. 1pt Suljovic highest checkout in match @ 5/2 Bet365 I think wade is rightly the big fav to take out the highest checkout of the match as he's a fantastic finisher but i feel 5/2 is a nice price for a guy who hits alot of 100+ scores and has proved in the 1st rd that he's capable of a big checkout. Best of luck. :hope
Good work pakelly, 2 from 3 including max bet (presuming 10pts is a max bet?) and Suljovic obliging with his 111 finish :clap

Re: PDC Darts World Championship First of all congrats to BLU3FURY on some very good tips. :clap Always nice to see some new blood in the darts forum. -9.62pts for the tournament now. Going to have 2 bets on the last game this afternoon. 3pts Total match 180's over 8.5 @ 5/6 Sportingbet Following kev here on this one. This should be a close enough game as king isn't playing as well as last year and smith has now got the monkey off his back having reached the 2nd rd for the 1st time at the ally pally. 9 180's is well within reach. 2pts Andy Smith most 180's in match @ 11/8 Sportingbet (If it's a tie stake is lost) Smith hit 6 180's and played very well in his 1st rd match against a good opponent. The pressure is off him now having secured safe passage to rd 2 for the 1st time here. I'm expecting a big performance from him today and against king (who isn't the most prolific 180 hitter) i think he's definitely worth a shout at 11/8. Good luck all :hope

Re: PDC Darts World Championship MARK WEBSTER V MARK HYLTON OVER 8.5 180S @10/11. STAN JAMES in the 180s count for the tournament so far Mark Hylton is tied at the top with Walshie on 14 so far but of cousre at time of posting this Taylor, Barney and Anderson were not completed there second round ties. none the less still a superb achievemnet for Hylton in particular who is in a dream here he has beaten a former world champion and a former world number one to reach this stage and avgd 91.5 for the tournament so there is no doubt he can score, Webby has been superb so far 96 and 97 avg for his two games. and his 180 counts is at 6 not highly impressive but he has not plyed so many sets or legs he beat Maish in ten legs! so this is a wee bit distorted for me and is something the bookies may have missed. Webby is looking as good as i have seen him he likes it here as proven last year, and i expect him to finally ground mile high hylton but this is a scoring bet Webby is a particularly good grouper of the darts when the first goes the other two are within a pin head, Hylton may not win or out score webby but we need only 9 180s for this to come in and with two players who have 20 between them so far this has to be a no brainer.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship +6.79pts going into this bet. 6pts P.Taylor (-3.5 Sets) to beat P.Wright @ 8/15 Skybet Phil Taylor looked in fine form the other evening and I'll take him not to lose a set against Wright. Although defeating Nicholson I don't feel that performance will be enough to touch Taylor if he is in the mood, Taylor only hit 1 180 but strong average of 102. Wright has done well to get to this stage, he himself said that it was the biggest win of his career, this maybe one step to far and I'll take Taylor to handout the whitewash.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Finally in profit for the tournament albeit only +1.05pts. 2 for me tonight. 5pts R.Barneveld (-2.5 sets) to beat K.McDine & P.Taylor (-3.5 sets) to beat P.Wright double 2.47 Ladbrokes I like this double at a shade under 6/4. Barneveld may only have won 3-1 against Hine in the opening round but he was in cruise control all the way through really and but for a couple of missed doubles in the opening set he'd have won 3-0. His 94 average was a solid effort in a round everyone just wants to win. I expect him to step up tonight with the high billing sky have given the session. Kevin McDine was crap in the 1st round and you've got to believe if anyone else in the top 32 was playing him they've have knocked him out. Unless he sticks 20pts onto that 77 first round average I can't see him staying with Barney. Even with 20pts on the average he's still got to hit doubles which he didn't do well in the first round either. If Barney throws 1st we're only looking at needing one break of throw to win 4-1 but even if he doesn't I still think he'll win no worse than 4-1. Taylor was awful in the 1st round but much improved in the second. I guess that's to be expected. How Peter Wright is still in this only his first two opponents will know. Between them they must've missed 60 darts at double. Credit to Snakebite, he's taken his chances but Taylor won't be sloppy against him tonight. With big billing I think we'll see the best of The Power tonight and if we do, the only chance Wright has of winning a set is if he throws that spiky hairdo of his at the dartboard. 4pts M.Webster vs M.Hylton - Over 8.5 180's 10/11 Skybet This line looks perfectly achievable. Hylton from nowhere is hitting 180's for fun and it's his 180 power that could keep him in this match long enough for this total to be covered. To be fair to Webster he hits his fair share of maximums too and although he didn't do it against Baxter, he can miss the odd key double which will also keep Hylton competitive for long enough in this match. I reckon we'll get this in with 5 competitive sets of darts but I reckon Hylton's going well enough to keep this a bit closer than that. The two left handers hit 10 180's between them in their 2nd round match and I'll take them to hit at least one less than that when they clash in what looks like the closest match of the evening.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Have to say I thought the standard in this was awful pre Xmas but my god it's improved since :clap:clap. The last two matches today have been a joy to watch :notworthy.

First of all congrats to BLU3FURY on some very good tips. :clap Always nice to see some new blood in the darts forum. -9.62pts for the tournament now. Going to have 2 bets on the last game this afternoon. 3pts Total match 180's over 8.5 @ 5/6 Sportingbet Following kev here on this one. This should be a close enough game as king isn't playing as well as last year and smith has now got the monkey off his back having reached the 2nd rd for the 1st time at the ally pally. 9 180's is well within reach. 2pts Andy Smith most 180's in match @ 11/8 Sportingbet (If it's a tie stake is lost) Smith hit 6 180's and played very well in his 1st rd match against a good opponent. The pressure is off him now having secured safe passage to rd 2 for the 1st time here. I'm expecting a big performance from him today and against king (who isn't the most prolific 180 hitter) i think he's definitely worth a shout at 11/8. Good luck all :hope
Great shouts mate :clap:clap.

KING 2/9 V SMITH 3/1. i am backing the pieman here, i really don't think Merv is as odds on as the bookies would suggest. i the first round both had what can be described as nmore or less gimmee's, neither being troubled on thier way to victory and with King 93, and Smith 94 avg this would suggest a close encounter, Smith can hit big scores fir fun but his stage form is'nt as good as it should be he should have a major qtr or semi to his name by now but he does'nt Merv we all know what we get with him too gritty determination and certainly the more consistently heavy scorer of the two. Although Smith had 6 maximums to Kings one in the first round. i can see this being close and break of throws will be rarer than than an Aberdeen FC win! but King has not been himself for a while now mainly due to the passing of his father which obviously hit Merv hard ofcourse this could lead to a purpose for Merv to play for but he has'nt shown that as any kind of spur before now, Really this could go either way and this could be a pick em game but i'm edging towards Smith. ANDERSON 1/7 V PRIESTLEY 9/2. Kev has a point Anderson will struggle with the pace of the menacewho will keep it down to a crawl, but Gary has been around long enough now surely to know how to handle the slower opponents and while i would love to see Den go and win the title in what many say will be his swansong the stats just don't back that up Anderson 103 avg in round one against a player i would have fancied beating!while Den avgd 92 against the German Roith who would have pushed him more than Anderson's opponent IF Gary is finsihing the he is the real deal and with Wade out (as i predicted earlier in this thread) then Gary along with Barney are the two protagonists in this half now Sorry Kev i know where you are coming from but i have to disagree. OSBORNE 8/13 V CAVEN 6/5 you could throw ablanket over these two they are so close but i have a strange reason to back the wizard in this one, i am spending the festive period at my in laws the last time i did that Osborne reached the qtr finals, (and Taylor lost in that round too. ) so that is the reason i am going for Colin! Caven is an excellent floor player who has rightly so earned plaudits for his performances while Osborne looked like he was going become a real contender.after that run in the WC a few years back but despite having the technique and coolness that is required he for me lacks that killer instinct maybe he is too much of a nice guy, i don't know but hehas to kick on now his top 16 place is at stake and that coveted status is the only way to guaruntee playing in all the televised big money events.Another factor is the avg Caven was avg nearly BDO standard in round one a lowly 84, while Osborne was a far more acceptable 93, and while Caven can match that can he raise his game to that for a long period i'm not so sure.
now the old master is back !

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Wade's exit makes me -29.79, although I quite fancy Whitlock to make the finals now. Well, one max bet for me today. 10pts R. Barneveld (-2.5) to bt. K. McDine @ 1.53 at various McDine should have been out already (and I had money on that to happen :wall) if Bates played at least to his standard. But he has not and McDine has taken his chances. Barneveld is a class act obviously and he will fancy his chances here. He surrendered one in the first round and he may well do that here as well, but I cannot see him surrendering two, especially against McDine, who has not proven anything all year long.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Why has the temperature suddenly gone up? Both Priestley and Smith have mentioned it now and both King and Smith were pouring with sweat in that last match. Will this affect the fat lads and could it have any impact on Barney's performance tonight? I backed Anderson outright earlier but don't have a betfred account, they were 12-1, I ended up taking 10-1 with bet365 but he missed so many doubles I can't see him winning this tournament, in fact I'll back against him next match against the pie man. Anderson was checking out on double 1 whereas you've got players like Whitlock checking out on 164 and even the pie man with ton plus finishes. Also backed Whitlock outright at 6-1 today with bet365, very impressed with him and after last year I think it's only a matter of time before he's world champion, even if it's not this year. It's hard to see past Taylor but I hate backing odds on so it's Anderson and Whitlock for me outright. Good old thread this, well done to all the winners so far, some quality reasoning, especially for the 180 bets etc. :ok

Why has the temperature suddenly gone up? Both Priestley and Smith have mentioned it now and both King and Smith were pouring with sweat in that last match. Will this affect the fat lads and could it have any impact on Barney's performance tonight?
Three reasons I'd guess, in the 1st round they all played at night in the middle of that proper cold snap and now it's a bit warmer outside. I went on the opening night and my phone said it was -7 whereas today it's apparently 4/5 degrees outside in London. Then there's more people in the venue to factor in too so that'll make it hotter and finally the extra pressure in this round. Priestley and Anderson played qualifiers who were tripe but they both knew they had to average a ton today. It won't affect the fat lads who are used to the TV stage and lights like Barney and Taylor but the likes of Smith, who ain't used to it will struggle.

First of all congrats to BLU3FURY on some very good tips. :clap Always nice to see some new blood in the darts forum. -9.62pts for the tournament now. Going to have 2 bets on the last game this afternoon. 3pts Total match 180's over 8.5 @ 5/6 Sportingbet Following kev here on this one. This should be a close enough game as king isn't playing as well as last year and smith has now got the monkey off his back having reached the 2nd rd for the 1st time at the ally pally. 9 180's is well within reach. 2pts Andy Smith most 180's in match @ 11/8 Sportingbet (If it's a tie stake is lost) Smith hit 6 180's and played very well in his 1st rd match against a good opponent. The pressure is off him now having secured safe passage to rd 2 for the 1st time here. I'm expecting a big performance from him today and against king (who isn't the most prolific 180 hitter) i think he's definitely worth a shout at 11/8. Good luck all :hope
+5.25pts for that match which brings the overall loss down to -4.37pts. Kev i really like both your bets for this evenings session and may well follow both. Have to say the anderson/priestley and king/smith games were absolutely fantastic. Credit to all 4 guys for providing us with such entertainment. :clap

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Ok big disaster this afternoon with the 180's on the Osborne match - couldnt believe that was over in 4 sets - Why couldnt Caven hit those essential doubles!!! +1.38 on my two bets placed on here so far One Double tonight 5pts Barney -2.5 to beat McDine @ 8/15 and Webster -2.5 to beat Hylton @ 5/6 B365 approx double 7/4 Have no idea how McDine is still here, averaging mid 80's against Bates, Barney to sweep up easily here - possibly 4-0 if he starts the game properly. Think Webster will have far too much class for Hylton who has played brilliantly to this stage, I think the bubble will burst tonite and will be suprised if he can stay with the consistent scoring of Webster. Most of all think we should have 3 good class games tonite, and I think the over's checkout will probably go in each game.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship +4.86 points from the first 2 bets - both winners. Tonight's matches a little tougher but will have a few plays. 3pts Hylton +2.5 sets vs Webster @ evens 1pt Hylton to beat Webster @ 9/2 I reckon mr mile high may trouble Webby tonight. Has averaged 90, and 94 in both rounds so far while finishing at 40% and and 52%. Webster on the other hand has been very impressive having averaged 99 and 97 whilst checking out at 48% in both matches. Hylton is a very steady player who is fairly consistent around the trebles and the doubles. His pace/style is also awkward and may perhaps trouble Webster a little. What has surprised me most about Webster so far is that he has checked out at nearly 50% in the first 2 rounds. Generally though Webby is not a man who hits 1 in 2 doubles. Baxter missed a fair few chances against him hence was unable to put him under pressure. If Hylton can keep his game together and put Webster under pressure, I think we will see the Welshman start missing on his doubles. 1pt McDine most 180s vs Barney @ 5/2 Just a value punt here at the odds. Barney's 180 scoring is all about his first dart - which has been very inconsistent in recent times. McDine will have to hit the maxes to stay in touch with Barney and can have patches of top scoring. At the odds it's worth a small play.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship I'm following kev's 2 bets for this evening but am going to be a little greedy in the webster/hylton game and go for over 9.5 180's. 5pts Barney(-2.5 sets) @ 8/15 & Taylor(-3.5 sets) @ 4/9 double Paddy Power 2pts Webster/Hylton Total 180's over 9.5 @ 6/5 SportingBet (odds just slashed to evens) 2pts Webster Highest match checkout over 115.50 @ 5/6 Paddy Power Not much point in repeating what kev has already said about the first two bets. I really fancy webster to checkout 116 or better as he's in terrific form and has taken out 120 in his 1st rd match and 167 in his 2nd rd match. Hylton is scoring quite heavily atm which should mean we have atleast 5/6 sets for this checkout to be achieved. Also, well done TOM for taking smith to beat king. I thought long and hard about taking him to win but in the end didn't have the balls to pull the trigger so well done mate. :notworthy Good luck all :hope

Re: PDC Darts World Championship One more for me as the 365 handicap has changed. 4pts McDine +3.5 sets x Phil Taylor most 180s @1.91 I think McDine is decent enough to take a set off Barney, who often has lapses in scoring/concentration nowdays. Phil only hit one 180 last time out but I reckon he'll want to put that right tonight as it was the only negative with his last performance. Short odds but fancy the double here.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Quick one for me... 5 points Phil Taylor over 4.5 180s @ 2 bet365 Even though I think the power will win this 4-0 I still think he'll get the opportunity to hit 5 maximums. After his rant at the commentators he will defintly up his performance tonight and im backing him to get 5 180s.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Hylton completely bottled set 3 against Webster otherwise would have been a very profitable night. -1.36 on the night thanks to my last bet winning - phil finally finding the maximums. Some messy results for 4-0 taylor backers - probably unlucky, but Wright played very well. Will be good for Phil going into the next round - will be looking out for a -2.5 set handicap against Webster. Still +3.5 units overall.