maximize.gif Jenkins, T v Walsh, M (15:45 GMT) 1.55 2.88 99.24 %
maximize.gif Whitlock, S v van der Voort, V (19:10 GMT) 1.16 6.8 100.42 %
maximize.gif Van Barneveld, R v Osborne, C (20:25 GMT) 1.14 6.6 102.87 %
maximize.gif Suljovic, M v Newton, W (21:45 GMT) 2.62 1.55 102.61 %

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Back to +0.79 after the loss on Taylor, was cruising to a 4-0 victory at one stage. Anyway that's in the past.Taking this one at the moment 6pts R.Thornton +2.5 Sets to beat A.Lewis @ 4/7 Bet365 Definitely feel Thornton has the ability to give Lewis a match here, the reason I'm going with the handicap is because Lewis has shown plenty of times in the past that he switches off during matches, he goes through 10 minutes spells of lackluster darts which cause him problems during matches that probably shouldn't happen. Thornton is playing okay and was quick enough to pounce on the errors by Hamilton in the last round, taking the match 4-0. We only need Thornton to take 2 sets here and having held his thrown quite well so far the 4/7 looks generous.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship

Can anyone tell me what Phil Taylor's favourite double is?
32 (Double 16) Most Players are either 32 or 40... 2 exceptions that come to mind are Wade (20) and Barney (36)... although both are pretty handy on tops and every other double... Wade always goes for 42 to leave 20 from 62... 99% of players go 30 to leave 32.... He is also probably the only player to go 21 (treble 7) from 61 to leave tops... Anyway I digress... Was the question just out of interest or were you considering backing a winning double colour or something?? Some good bets again tonight and a few of us kicked in the cohonas by Wrights good performance.... a few are breaking through having got further than before... The pieman now he's through round 1 at the 24th attempt seems like he ain't stopping till he reaches the final !! I'm off to the Ally Pally tommorow and although the lineup isn't quite what I expected... No Wade for instance! It looks like being a 180 fest! I'm sure on closer inspection thats where my money will go... Lewis/Thornton and VDV/Whitlock both have Overs written all over them!! In fact Jenkins/Walsh and Barney/Osborne should have their fair share as well, might take a look at those lines. Suljovic for most 180's against Newton could also be worth a punt. Down to the last 16 and Both my Outrights are going well, Barney and Webster (80's will look gigantic if he can overcome Taylor?!?!?) also followed Kev's tip on Walsh(100's :loon) who is quietly advancing in the bottom half of the draw, that shootout with Tabern could propel him to bigger and better things, he consistently beats the big boys in the floor tournaments. Anyways... Good Luck all :hope

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Schedule for today Thursday December 30 1.10pm Adrian Lewis v Robert Thornton 2.25pm Andy Smith v Gary Anderson 3.45pm Terry Jenkins v Mark Walsh 7.10pm Simon Whitlock v Vincent van der Voort 8.25pm Raymond van Barneveld v Colin Osborne 9.45pm Mensur Suljovic v Wes Newton

Re: PDC Darts World Championship enjoy yourself Perry! LEWIS V THORNTON THORNTON +1.5 SETS @11/8. this is a big call this means we need a Lewis win of no better than 4-3 or any win for Bob. but these are what makes the betting interesting.This should be a no contest Thornton currently 21st in the rankings and Lewis at 5. but this could be a close call i have Lewis as an outright yeah, but i am relying on him producing the kind of bursts that he uised to rip Taylor a new arsehole in Dublin for two sets he was unbeatable, ramming home the kind of bursts that only him Taylor and an on form Anderson can do. his two games so far Eccles and Dudbridge has seen avg 92 for the two games and indeed both men outscored him in defeat, this must mean Aidy is hitting his doubles and if so look out everyone else! Bob has overcome Heydon and Hamilton with an avg 0f 90.5, so that would suggest Lewis , however both can go on runs of legs and i would just say this will be close i am also of the opinion that Thornton prefers the set play to matchplay, some players do better thats a fact and i reckon Bob is a better game for sets Aidys bursts of scoring are very effective in matchplay where he can open up 3-4 leg leads in set play that could win you just one set so is far less efective i know some will question my logic but i believe it has a part to play. the 180s count has Bob on 6 and Aidy on 9 so not much difference. but i have a strange feeeling about Thornton he has been very quiet about his chances and he deserves success because he is a very commited practiser i am take a 4-3 scoreline either way here. WHITLOCK V v VAN DER VOORT. CHECKOUT OVER 127.5 @5/6 i can't believe the bookies still have a checkout market with Whitlock games! thay are just asking for a bloody nose! but seriuosly this is a great bet for me Simon has a 164 so far to his name and VDV a 148. so both have previous of smashing this line. the mistake with this line is it still gives us 128, 129 and 130 which require just one treble and with Whitlocks speciality 148 ( T19. T19 D16) this is abet just screaming out to be taken VDV is a good finisher when it is part of a three darts sequence making it more likely to be a big shot he is far more prone to miss when he has three darts at a double, We don't have to make a case for Simon he has made his game on his finishing so for me no more to add. JENKINS V WALSH OVER 11.5 180s @5/6 it would'nt be commonplace to back Walsh in this bet he is known for his consistent 100. 140s but he has 14 maximums so far in his two games indeed only serial 180er Anderson had hit more than Markl up to round three. so he is scoring well he has come through two differing games Pipe and Tabern one a gimmee and one a real slug fest but through thenm he is and he can see the last 8 as a real possibility now he will win legs and i expect at least 6 sets here with probably few break of throw, so ther should be plenty of time to hammer this home and Jenks is no mug on the lipstick either 10 so far for him this year. i while he is't as prolific as we have seen him i would like to think that we can cover this line. WALSH TO BEAT JENKINS 6/4 another that takes my fancy here Jenkins is like the Jimmy White of darts lost many finals and semis and should have won more. Jenkins jhas'nt got past round three here last year Whitlock disposed of him but to be fair Simon was near unbeatable last year, i like Walshie here he will score less BDO scores (i.e 26, 35 45 etc) than Jenks who has a tendancy to start pushing and pulling darst when under pressuer i also don't think Jenks is that great a chaser good when leading but seems to let the head go down when he's behind i would back Walshie as abetter bet in this scenario so for me the bookieas are wrong to make Jenksas odds on (8/15) as he is. Don't forget Jenks sgave Cullen chances in round one that the youngster did'nt take give those same chance to Walshi and Jenks is in bother.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship G.Anderson v A.Smith - Over 10.5 180's @ 4/5 Bluesq Gary Anderson was hitting the red bit like a man possessed yesterday, 13 180's and 27 140's. Andy Smith was also in good form hitting 16 140's and 7 180's. The worry here is that Anderson runs out a 4-0 winner but I think Smith is playing well enough to make this a contest. If both players produce anything like yesterday's display then we should get this line covered. T.Jenkins v M.Walsh - M.Walsh Most 180's @ 6/4 Bet365 Well I was tempted with 6/4 for Mark to win the match but this price looks tasty to me on the 180's bet, Walsh have been throwing well at the treble 20 and I can see him hitting a few more this afternoon, he is actually one of the leading 180 throwers here so far. Jenkins has hit the 180's well also but have to go with the value.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship 3.5pts Thornton to beat Lewis @ 11/4 with b365 Massive value in these odds on choccy to take out jackpot here. If on top form Lewis will win this easily, but we all know that he is prone to inconsistency. Thornton is a steady player who should have enough about him to keep Lewis under pressure throughout the match. How Lewis deals with that pressure is the question here, but at this price I'll take a chance that he folds. R2 saw both players average 90, whilst checking out at around 37-38%. Nothing between them on them showings, but a lot between them with the bookies.

3.5pts Thornton to beat Lewis @ 11/4 with b365 Massive value in these odds on choccy to take out jackpot here. If on top form Lewis will win this easily, but we all know that he is prone to inconsistency. Thornton is a steady player who should have enough about him to keep Lewis under pressure throughout the match. How Lewis deals with that pressure is the question here, but at this price I'll take a chance that he folds. R2 saw both players average 90, whilst checking out at around 37-38%. Nothing between them on them showings, but a lot between them with the bookies.
just wonder if my handicap bet might be slighty better gives you the safety net

Re: PDC Darts World Championship I'm with Perry and concentrating on the 180's this afternoon. 4pts A.Lewis vs R.Thornton - Over 10.5 180's 5/6 William Hill This line is well within reach for two fairly heavy scorers. I don't actually think this will be a close game but while Lewis is winning this easily he should be hitting maximums. He hit 6 against Mark Dudbridge and a couple more isn't beyond him here. Thornton doesn't hit enough doubles to keep this close but he does hit big scores. He hit 4 180's in a poor quality 2nd round match with Andy Hamilton so if both repeat their 2nd round efforts we need to find just one more to cover this total. Although I don't think we'll see more than 5 sets, I do believe 5 sets is enough time to cover this total. Any more sets we do see will be a bonus and further ensure this bet is delivered. 3pts A.Smith (+3 sets - 3 way handicap) to beat G.Anderson 7/4 Stan James 4pts Over 10.5 180's 4/5 Blue Square 2 more heavy scorers in action in the 2nd game of the afternoon. Anderson couldn't miss the treble 20 at times yesterday and he could easily cover this 180's total on his own. He won't need to though because Andy Smith will chip in with his fair share. He's hit 13 180's in the tournament to date and is playing well. He's got a 5-0 head to head lead over Anderson in their careers and that could be a key stat. I think Smith is scoring and finishing well enough to keep this close. We know Anderson won't hit a pressure double so that will keep Smith alive in this match. With the knowledge that he's never lost to Anderson I think the Pie Man will fancy his chances today and I think at a big price that he can win 2 sets to bring in the handicap and ensure there's stacks of time for the 180's to land. 4pts M.Walsh vs T.Jenkins - Over 10.5 180's 20/23 Boylesports This is a big game for both players. With what awaits them in the quarter finals they should both be seeing this match as a path to the semi finals. Mark Walsh has come through a couple of scraps but it hasn't been all plain sailing for Jenkins either. Both these players score heavily. I think Walsh will win this match and that's good for the 180's too because Jenkins is rarely walloped. Whoever wins the match though I don't see this one being won inside 6 sets. It wouldn't surprise me if this turns into a 7 set thriller and that'll be more than enough time for two consistent scorers to nail the required 11 maximums here.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Andy Smith v Gary Anderson - Player With Highest Checkout Andy Smith @ 6/4 3 points hills smith hit 6 or 7 ton plus checkouts yesterday against King, and with Anderson's power, he may well rely on some big finishes again to win some legs. Everyone knows Anderson is class, but his doubles are at times suspect and based on yesterdays finishing form from the pieman, im happy to back at odds of much better than evens.

just wonder if my handicap bet might be slighty better gives you the safety net
I was initially going to take the handicap, but just can't ignore the odds on the outright win. Lewis usually plays off the crowd, but am hoping that it will be a bit quieter due to being the early game. One more: 3pts double Thornton high checkout x Under 11 180s in Jenkins vs Walsh @7/2 with b365. Thornton has been doubling at near 50% so far in the tournament which is what leads me to believe that he is value in the high checkout market against Lewis. With Lewis' power scoring, you would think that Thornton is going to have to take out a couple of 100+ finishes at some point to break throw. Lewis scores heavier than Thornton overall so I think that in a lot of legs he will leave lower out shots than Choccy will. As for Jenks vs Walsh, I think that the line has simply been set too high. Everyone seems to be on overs, but it relies a lot on the match going 7 sets ish. I'm not too sure - I think this game will flatter to deceive, and could well end up being a nervy contest with low averages. Walsh hit 11 in his last match - an anomaly for my money as he is not usually that good with the 180s.

I'm following kev's 2 bets for this evening but am going to be a little greedy in the webster/hylton game and go for over 9.5 180's. 5pts Barney(-2.5 sets) @ 8/15 & Taylor(-3.5 sets) @ 4/9 double Paddy Power 2pts Webster/Hylton Total 180's over 9.5 @ 6/5 SportingBet (odds just slashed to evens) 2pts Webster Highest match checkout over 115.50 @ 5/6 Paddy Power Not much point in repeating what kev has already said about the first two bets. I really fancy webster to checkout 116 or better as he's in terrific form and has taken out 120 in his 1st rd match and 167 in his 2nd rd match. Hylton is scoring quite heavily atm which should mean we have atleast 5/6 sets for this checkout to be achieved. Also, well done TOM for taking smith to beat king. I thought long and hard about taking him to win but in the end didn't have the balls to pull the trigger so well done mate. :notworthy Good luck all :hope
I was switching channels between the darts and the football and when taylor was 2-0 up in sets and 2-0 in legs and with the throw in the 4th set i thought we were home and hosed so just watched the rest of the football. What a nasty suprise was waiting for me when i checked the score on skytext. :puke -9.70pts for the tournament now. :sad

Re: PDC Darts World Championship lewis v Thornton: Total 180's - 11 & over 1.72 @ Bet365 (4 Points) I know this isn't a great price but I think it's a fair one to be honest as I can see plenty of 180's going in this match. I must admit, I really like lewis and he in particular is hot on the 180's. This match might be a bit closer than the bookies have it down for though and a high scoring game will give plenty of opportunities for the overs to come in.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Going for 3 bets in anderson/smith game: 5pts Andy Smith highest match checout over 107.50 @ 4/5 Paddy Power The pieman was in terrific form yesterday taking out a rake of ton plus checkouts, the best being a 140. He also took out 121 in his 1st rd game. If he's to stay in touch with anderson today he's going to have to take out some more big checkouts and i think he will. 4pts over 10.50 180's in match @ 8/11 Sporting Bet Following kev here on this one as it seems a no brainer really. These two hit 20 180's between them yesterday. 3pts Double Highest checkout in match 121 or better & Smith +3.5sets @ 2.17 SportingBet Odds are shitty on both these bets so decided to lump them together in a double. I can't see smith not getting atleast a set here as he is playing really well and like yesterday there is no pressure on him as he is a big underdog. Both players have beaten the highest checkout line in both rounds with anderson taking out 122 in rd1 and 144 in rd2 and smith tokk out 121 in rd1 and 140. If i don't end up making a profit from these 3 bets i think i might call it a day for this tournament. Good luck all :hope

Going for 3 bets in anderson/smith game: 5pts Andy Smith highest match checout over 107.50 @ 4/5 Paddy Power The pieman was in terrific form yesterday taking out a rake of ton plus checkouts, the best being a 140. He also took out 121 in his 1st rd game. If he's to stay in touch with anderson today he's going to have to take out some more big checkouts and i think he will. 4pts over 10.50 180's in match @ 8/11 Sporting Bet Following kev here on this one as it seems a no brainer really. These two hit 20 180's between them yesterday. 3pts Double Highest checkout in match 121 or better & Smith +3.5sets @ 2.17 SportingBet Odds are shitty on both these bets so decided to lump them together in a double. I can't see smith not getting atleast a set here as he is playing really well and like yesterday there is no pressure on him as he is a big underdog. Both players have beaten the highest checkout line in both rounds with anderson taking out 122 in rd1 and 144 in rd2 and smith tokk out 121 in rd1 and 140. If i don't end up making a profit from these 3 bets i think i might call it a day for this tournament. Good luck all :hope
+3.91pts for that match and overall -5.79pts for the tournament.

Re: PDC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

another outright from me in the 3rd qtr which really is the most open qtr of the draw. WES NEWTON 200/1. EW absoulute lunacy to rank Wes at these odds, i know he has struggled to make an impact on tv events but this guy everyone agrees is just so close to a good run in a tournament a reliable guy on the tour and is ranked in the top 16 so why he is this long is a mystery to me and as i alluded to earlier he is in what for me is the easiest section of the draw. ok Wade is the top seed in it but he is lower than a snakes belly just now, that Waites defeat at the GS i feeel has really got top James and his form is suffering ( could'nt happen to a nicer guy). anyway Wade apart it is hard to see any real stand outs in this qtr Jenkins, again has not got a great record here.Klaasen, Walsh, Painter and Tabern i think they would all fancy thier chances against each other but Wes for me has to make the break through soonand why not this time at a stupid price. 4/10 GARY ANDERSON 20/1 EW. i know , backing Lewis and Anderson i must be crazy but i have to go with a fellow Scot too. Gary is now a top 10 PDC player on merit and surely a shoe in for the PL 2011. so he goes into this event with confidence, runner up at teh UK open in May and on the back of just being edged out by Jones at the GSOD Gary is the real deal now. i know we cant trust him on his doubles even if he walked up to the board and palced them in by hand could we really trust him to hit them, i don't know. the advantage Gary has is his sheer scoring power onley Lewis can match a fully flowing Anderson an thaey are in opposite halves of the draw, but we still have that achilles heel of his arse going in Dublin 3-2 up against Taylor it went and likewise against Woody at Wolverhampton the same lost agame he had won, but i think that is something we are going to have to contend with for a while along with Anderson in this qtr is Barney (sorry for me he is now a spent force i don't like his mind set anymore and i think other players will know now get in front of him and he's gone ) KIng, still grieving for his father.oand Osbborne Caven and Bates all good tour players but yet to prove themselves at the sharp end so i think you might agree Anderson is the sensible choice for this qtr, can't believe i just said that think i'd better go and lie down ! 8/10
have'nt seen any action of second round onwards so relying on reports but a 108 avg for Anderson against Smith suggests he is in the form of his life he may have Barney next but even he won't live with that. Anderson has to be the one to make it to final from baottom half

Re: PDC Darts World Championship BARNEVELD 1/8 V OSBORNE 5/1. i am going to take the Wizard here folks, i know that sounds like lunacy but on the back of Barneys giving up at the GSOD i can't confidently back him now, his avg agaisnt McDine was 98, whilst Osborne only avgd 89 against Caven so it should be a no contest but i don't see it that way as i said i have seen this giving in form Barney too many times before it is a great shame as he is better than that doe's he still have the desire, hunger, fight, i think not no doubt he has ability but darts is 90% in the head and if your heads not straight then the rest of your game is off, IF Osborne can get ahead of Barney then the chances are the Dutchman will just give in, god it pains me to write that but he has more previous than Jack the Ripper, so i can't back him sta wise, Barneys tournament avg is 96 and Osbornes is 91 not too shabby, the 180s count is 12 and 10 respectively so the stats don't back my judgement but i backed Smith to beat King, and also tipped Wade to go out early, I don't expect too much followers but 5/1 in a two horse race when one horse despit being a thoroughbred is mentally a bit suspect is a tasty attractio for me. Whoever wins though will be up against a rampant Anderson in the qtr finals avging near on 105 for the tournament two or three years ago i'd have fancied Barney in a toe to toe but nowadays he does'nt have an earthly

Re: PDC Darts World Championship 2pts M.Suljovic to beat W.Newton @ 13/8 Skybet I have to take Suljovic after his win v Wade, it was an under par James Wade but I was impressed with how Suljovic took the game out. West Newton is favourite for this match but I think he could be under alot of pressure this evening, if Suljovic can get infront then I feel it will be hard for Newton to comeback, I'd imagine the crowd will be with the Austrian here and I'll take him to progress to the quarter finals, can't believe I'm saying that.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship There are two bets I like the look of tonight: Wes Newton -1.5 v Suljovic 2.00 @ bet365 (5 Points) Full credit to Suljovic for knocking wade out. He's not the most spectacular player but he's steady and has held his nerves well so far in this tournament. But I was impressed with Newton in his 4-0 win over Dolan and i think he is rightly favourite. He hasn't dropped a set yet so far in the tournament and I think he can win this by more than 1 set tonight. Whitlock v van der Voort: Total 180's- Over 10.5: 1.83 @ sportingbet (5 Points) Both of these players are capable of firing in the 180's and they are more than capable of beating this line. The main danger is if it is a Whitlock whitewash and the match is over within the 4 sets. Van der Voort does have a habit of rushing and not thinking properley when things are going against him. He's a very capable player though and hopefully will take at least 1 set in this match. There's been a glut of 180's in the tournament so far and with 2 quality players such as these, i think we will see 11 plus tonight.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship 4pts S.Whitlock (-2.5 sets) to beat V.van der Voort 10/11 William Hill 3pts Highest Checkout - Over 126.5 5/6 William Hill I like Simon Whitlock tonight. Credit to van der Voort he was on fire in the last round but whether he'll produce that again tonight is open to debate and even if he does he's playing a far better player tonight. These two met in a players championship event last month which Whitlock won 6-1. That doesn't surprise me because it's a battle between solid consistency and mercurial randomness. Both are heavy scorers but the difference is in the finishing. Whitlock's got that finishing power that can destroy you by checking out huge outshots when the opponent is sat on a double. Both these players checked out over 127 in their last game and I can see a big shot changing the course of this game. Whitlock's just too consistent for me. I expected Ovens to cause him a few problems in the last round but he wasn't allowed to get into it at all. I can't see it being much different tonight and I'll take the Aussie to beat the erratic Dutchman no worse than 4-1. 4pts R.Barneveld (-2.5 sets) to beat C.Osborne 8/11 Ladbrokes Barney continues to look in absolute cruise control in this tournament for me. I think he'll win this 4-0 tonight but I'll take the safer option at a price which is still more than respectable on what we've seen in the tournament so far. Credit to Kevin McDine last night. He was excellent but it shows how good and how in control Barney was that he didn't get a look in. I'm not totally sure Osborne's form stands up. I was massively disappointed with Caven yesterday. Not only did he not show up, his body language was that of a guy who didn't care much if he won or lost. It wasn't as though he didn't get chances either. Osborne missed a sackload of doubles in the match. That's his problem though. He'll keep with Barney in some legs scoring wise but the doubles just ain't there. You can't keep close to Barney without hitting doubles and although he's my outright pick - a pick I'm ultra confident on, I'll still take Barney too off the weaker Wizard for the loss of no more than 1 set. 3pts M.Suljovic to beat W.Newton 13/8 Skybet I don't like this one as much as I did yesterday but I still think it's worth taking at the odds. Although his averages aren't anything to write home about, Mensur Suljovic is playing very well and he's holding himself together under the most extreme pressure and it's great to see. He'll always have dodgy legs given his idiosyncratic style but when he needs to put his foot down he does. Wes is playing well too but I'd have loved to have seen how his match with Dolan had panned out had he not hit the 135 in the deciding leg of the opening set. We saw in the UK Open against Ovens and in the Grand Slam that he isn't the greatest chaser and if Suljovic can get in front of him tonight he might just have enough in him to stay in front and continue this wonderful fairy tale he's embarking on.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Barney takes me to -24.49 and I like one today. 7pts W. Newton (-1.5) to bt. M.Suljovic @ 2.00 at Bet365 Going against most of you here, but I just cannot trust the Austrian here whatsoever. He was playing well, but what worries me is that he may very well finish like Hylton here. His style is unusual and he is admittedly less consistent than Newton. The argument for him is reasonable, but Newton is also quite far in the tournament and will want to continue his run to improve his reputation - he certainly deserves more this year, he just has not clicked on stage yet - and that seems to be improving. Good luck if you follow.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship 10pts - highest checkout over 126.5- 8/13 bet365 I felt this was low considering Whitlock's ability to check out high figures and he already has a 164. I don't know much about his opponent but I'll take a high checkout from him too to bring the bet in. I am expecting a checkout between 130 and 140 in this match. 2.5 pts - 170 check out - 9-1 bet365 (whitlock v van der voort) small stakes for a 170 checkout in same game, 10-1 available but my cash is with bet 365. If anyone can it's Whitlock, if he gets in the swing this might be a possibility, some big checkouts from a number of players so far. Hits the treble 20's with accuracy when he's warmed up.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship 10 points Newton -1.5 sets vs Suljovic @evens with 365 Mensur has had a good run, but I feel tonight is where it ends for him. So far he has managed to being players down to his level - as can be seen by the averages. Newton however has been on superb form leading up to these championships and I fancy him to cement this by going on to the quarter-finals to set up a clash with Jenkins. 3pts Newton most 180s @11/8 with 365. Again I feel that despite the facts, Mensur may be being overrated slightly here. Newton is definitely the better player and I think he will handle the pressure better tonight. Don't think there will be too many maxes, but at the odds would rather have a play on Newton to outscore the Austrian.