Announcements
*** Punchestown Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. Craig Bluenose, 2nd. Lee Grays & 3rd. Carole Dawney ***
** May Poker League Result : 1st McG, 2nd muttley, 3rd GirlyWirly **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st CertiF, 2nd PercyP, 3rd adamross, 4th Joelavfc, 5th Chris P **
** May Naps Competition Result: 1st Internetmails, 2nd Rug, 3rd Rolandcooper, 4th Adamross. KO Cup Winner: Xtc12, Most Winners: Mickyftm32 **

PDC Darts World Championship

Re: PDC Darts World Championship

It's a tad unfair to say Barney hasn't put in solid form over the year. If you look at the last two PDC majors he's made a final and a semi final. He never qualified for the UK Open and started the Premier League poorly for reasons we now know why but still hit a 9 dart finish in it. That's not bad in my eyes :ok.
OK, but I am not convinced about the World Cup too much. Of course he is a class player and can win this thing. But I just cannot see him being consistent over a long match. I very much prefer Wade and Whitlock over him in most departments - Wade has been good all year in my opinion and while Whitlock was shaky, he showed some great darts lately and I think the Ally Pally suits him. The main reason why I cannot trust him is how frustrated he looks every single time something does not go his way. He hits two 60s in a row and he looks like he is just gonna leave or something at times. Not a good attitude if you ask me.
  • Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Wade can never be written off... but its his concentration over long spells that concerns me... possibly why he has such a 'poor' record by his standards at the ally pally? Whitlock will be there or there abouts again also... although far from infalable as some of his performances in the premier league and Grand slam show..... It's a bit of a pick'em really... you could make a case for 10 or 12 players in honesty (just ask theoldmaster :lol joking!) and there is every chance the wounded animal by the name of Taylor will come back to his best and be all guns blazing! Its what makes darts so good to watch in my opinion.... it used to be Taylor at his peak was the draw for me... now its the openess of these events, the quality of most players and indeed the 'not knowing' who is going to win! This debate wouldn't exist 2 years ago... it wouldve been Taylor... end of.... I've had my tickets through for quarter final day and can't wait!! On a side note...(Hope i'm not breaking any rules??) the iphone App just released for this tourney looks very good for anyone following on move... i've always struggled to get live darts scores when away from the computer. It's even better because I stumbled across a review from Sid Waddell (Not normally my favourite pundit.. but a good laugh!) saying Webster is one of the 4 who can challenge Taylor :ok

Re: PDC Darts World Championship STEVE BROWN TO WIN 3RD QTR. 50/1. ah, Tadley welcome to the site , and you beat me to this one my friend, i ahve been eyeing up this bet for a wee while now, i first saw Brown at the matchplay this year and i was impressed his first time there and showed no signs of being overawed. he has a first round gama against Klaasen and i wolod make the Bristolian (i think he is) the favourite Klaasen is a hot or cold player, he is more often cold than hot thses days, so i am backing Brown here. Then it would be Terry Jenkins again i would back Brown i think it was Jenkins he played at Blackpool and gave him a real fright. then if he gets past Jenks it's Walshie, Tabern, Painetr or Wade the seeds to beat in this qtr,apart from WadeSteve might well be worth backing against the rest, but i am not expect Wade to reach last 8 so it would be Painter who we also have anyway so we are covered this event as maetioned earlier has a habit of throwing up unfancied semi finalists, as mentioned earlier so i reckon Brown could be worth a flutter at this price.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship M MANSELL TO REACH FINAL 1000/1 SKYBET Ok I'm being hugely optimistic here but kirk shephard showed in 2008 that a non seed can reach the final. Mansell is a talented Irish player who recently won the Tom Kirby memorial Irish Matchplay. Although obviously not a major tournament it shows he's in good form. He also recently had a great run in the PDPA players championship eventually losing 6-4 to eventual winner Jamie Caven. Clearly he is in form and if some of the big names slip up who knows. The odds of 1000/1 are just too attractive to ignore.

M MANSELL TO REACH FINAL 1000/1 SKYBET Ok I'm being hugely optimistic here but kirk shephard showed in 2008 that a non seed can reach the final. Mansell is a talented Irish player who recently won the Tom Kirby memorial Irish Matchplay. Although obviously not a major tournament it shows he's in good form. He also recently had a great run in the PDPA players championship eventually losing 6-4 to eventual winner Jamie Caven. Clearly he is in form and if some of the big names slip up who knows. The odds of 1000/1 are just too attractive to ignore.
I think that's the first four figure tip I've ever seen :clap

Re: PDC Darts World Championship One for me on the opening night. I'm down there for the opening night so in an ideal world I'd have taken another one with me but it's just not there so a slowish start to the tournament for me. 3pts S.Beaton to beat M.Hylton 3-0 6/4 Ladbrokes I'm taking the correct score here rather than the handicap as it's a slightly bigger price. Normally I don't touch correct scores, especially in first round matches but it's just hard to see any other result here in my eyes. Steve Beaton is enjoying a nice run of form at the minute and regularly averaged over 100 at the Grand Slam which of course as we know culiminated him beating Taylor in the quarter final. Contrast that to 'Mile High' Mark Hylton, he of the weird throwing style. He averaged 90.52 in a one sided 5-0 defeat to Gary Anderson, 87.98 to Webster and 86.21 against Wayne Jones. Those sort of averages just don't get the job done at top class level which Beaton is playing at. Hylton hasn't really pulled up any trees on the floor either. 4 last 16's and a final in a weak event in Australia submerged in a lot of 1st and 2nd round losses. Then we also have to factor in that this is his world championship debut so he could well be nervous. The Adonis is a regular here. He beat Carlos Rodriguez 3-0 in the opening stanza here last year, a result which doesn't look too shabby in the events of the last couple of weeks and barring some real ill fortune I think Stevie Beaton will take this one 3-0 too.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Don't like to put down anyone's selections but personally im iffy on the whole barneveld is value selection he could well have to go through Anderson/King - Quarters Wade - Semis Taylor - Final 2x of which minimum he'd be odds angaist imo, and vs in form anderson the odds would be close Value of Tourney lies with Webster to win 66/1 EW in the easy half of the draw alongside Phil Taylor, set to meet him in the quarters if everything goes to plan. webster has the game to least stay with Phil when its still Medium Distance Format. Ideally he doesn't get to even meet phil in the quaters (although doubtful this scenerio) In Form player who seems to be graduating in the PDC Game to the top level.

Don't like to put down anyone's selections but personally im iffy on the whole barneveld is value selection he could well have to go through Anderson/King - Quarters Wade - Semis Taylor - Final 2x of which minimum he'd be odds angaist imo, and vs in form anderson the odds would be close Value of Tourney lies with Webster to win 66/1 EW in the easy half of the draw alongside Phil Taylor, set to meet him in the quarters if everything goes to plan. webster has the game to least stay with Phil when its still Medium Distance Format. Ideally he doesn't get to even meet phil in the quaters (although doubtful this scenerio) In Form player who seems to be graduating in the PDC Game to the top level.
Just to counter that argument a) I'd fancy Barney over Anderson and King b) most routes to qtrs are tough especially nowadays the standard is so high c) depends whether you agree Wade/Taylor will make it that far d) profit will be made whether they win the final or lose... Agree with Webby though... Got him at 80's on first page :ok

Don't like to put down anyone's selections but personally im iffy on the whole barneveld is value selection he could well have to go through Anderson/King - Quarters Wade - Semis Taylor - Final 2x of which minimum he'd be odds angaist imo, and vs in form anderson the odds would be close
And then again he might not have to play any of them. If we were to factor value in by who they might have to play we'll never bet at all. For the record should he have to play Anderson/King I'd be completely happy he'd beat both over 9 sets. Wade would be a 50/50 as all matches between them are and come the final the cash is already in. His record in this event justifies the bets at the prices myself and Perry are on at, particularly in comparison to Wade who's record isn't so good and he's half the price. When Barney and Wade both play to their best there isn't much between them so Barney at double the price of Wade looks a fair call to me. We'll find out over the next 17 days ;).

Re: PDC Darts World Championship I'm going to have a little speculative punt on a player I know nothing about!! 1.5pts - Gionzon to beat Mawson - 12/5 - Skybet My reasoning is that this is a prelim so over a shorter distance than the 1st round proper matches. If he gets off to a good start and Mawson who I have never rated is a little sluggish, he could be going home early! I also remember last year a qualifier from the Phillipines being really handy and making the first round where he lost to Thornton, if this guy had to qualify ahead of him he must be able to throw! Finally I read an interview with Taylor saying the guy could throw and he wouldn't be backing Mawson with his money!

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Few weeks ago I said I wont put a single euro on darts and (women handball) never ever... But I accidentaly open this thread and Kevshat seemed so sure in Beaton, almost as I did in handball today :spank You wont see me on this thread again.... GL :ok

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Right I've moved all the crap out of this thread into the livescore thread. Going forward in this thread it would be good if we can stick to darts and the forum rules of posting reasoning with bets and bet strengths rather than cash amounts. Ta :ok.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Andree Welge (+2.5) to beat Colin Lloyd @ 1.57 Lloyd not the player he was and i expect Welge to at least grab 1 set Andy Hamilton (-2.5) to beat Denis Smith @ 2.50 Always been a huge fan of Andy Hamilton, far better player than Denis Smith, hoping for 3-0 Darin Young (+1.5) to beat Wes Newton @ 1.67 Darin Young was very impressive at the World Cup, i expect a close game. Young should win 2 sets. Antonio Alcinas (+2.5) to beat James Wade @ 2.007 The Spaniard was very impressive at the world cup, and although i expect Wade to come through, i think Alcinas will win a set Kevin McDine (+1.5) to beat Barrie Bates @ 1.50 Barrie Bates looks out of sorts at the moment, another tight game expected, McDine should get 2 sets Justin Pipe (2.5) to beat Mark Walsh @ 1.44 I expect Walsh to win but can't see a whitewash in this one Accumulator @ 23.87 £10 x 6 singles £10 Accumulator Outright Raymond Van Barneveld @ 10 - £5 EW Paul Nicholson @ 51 - £5 EW Mark Webster @ 19 - £5 EW

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Can't really see much tonight so going to go for the following: Co Stompe to win 3-1 @3.75 Lloyd to win 3-1 @3.5 Lewis to win 3-1@3.75 1pt trixie with Bet365 so total outlay 4pts Bit more for fun than anything, can see the favourites tonight coming through but do give some credit to their opponents. In H2Hs, Wright and Welge both lead their opponents with Eccles winning a respectable 3/7 against Lewis. Due to recent form, the cameras, etc i can see Stompe/Lloyd/Lewis' class shining through eventually but there's nothing to suggest to me their opponents can't nick a set off them (and for almost 43pts profit in the event they all come in i'm more than happy to have a crack at it.)

Re: PDC Darts World Championship 2 for me tonight, hoping to recover from a shambles of a bet on the opening night. 4pts A.Welge (+2.5 sets) to beat C.Lloyd 8/11 Sportingbet Neither of these are players you can trust with your heart or your money and that's why I like the German to take a set tonight. Welge beat Lloyd in a players championship event earlier in the year in what is their only meeting to date but beating Jaws over 5 sets is another thing entirely. Lloyd should win this without too many problems but this is Colin Lloyd. He can make the easiest match look difficult if there's a video camera around. Welge has played in the world championships a few times now so he shouldn't have too many nerves or anything. He made the semi final of a players championship event in Germany not so long ago beating Adrian Lewis, Andy Hamilton and Gary Anderson along the way before going down in a last leg shootout to Mark Webster. If that Welge shows up here Lloyd will be in for a tough night but even if he isn't quite to that level I still expect him to take at least one set off Lloyd. 3pts T.Eccles (+2.5 sets) to beat A.Lewis 5/6 Skybet I think this could be a fairly close match too. I can't take on Jackpot after his good year but Tony Eccles isn't the easiest draw he could've had. The Viper is more than capable of keeping tabs with Lewis. He's actually won their last two meetings and the meeting between the two which has most relevance is in this tournament 4 years ago when Lewis won 4-3. I wouldn't be surprised if Lewis wins 3-2 tonight. In the last 3 months we've seen both sides of Lewis. The brilliance to beat Taylor and the shambles to lose to all three of his Grand Slam opponents. It's not very often in an Adrian Lewis match that his opponent doesn't enjoy a good spell and I think Eccles will enjoy one tonight and that can allow him to win at least a set tonight.

2 for me tonight, hoping to recover from a shambles of a bet on the opening night. 4pts A.Welge (+2.5 sets) to beat C.Lloyd 8/11 Sportingbet Neither of these are players you can trust with your heart or your money and that's why I like the German to take a set tonight. Welge beat Lloyd in a players championship event earlier in the year in what is their only meeting to date but beating Jaws over 5 sets is another thing entirely. Lloyd should win this without too many problems but this is Colin Lloyd. He can make the easiest match look difficult if there's a video camera around. Welge has played in the world championships a few times now so he shouldn't have too many nerves or anything. He made the semi final of a players championship event in Germany not so long ago beating Adrian Lewis, Andy Hamilton and Gary Anderson along the way before going down in a last leg shootout to Mark Webster. If that Welge shows up here Lloyd will be in for a tough night but even if he isn't quite to that level I still expect him to take at least one set off Lloyd.
Nice one mate:ok

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Bit annoying last night. Eccles played so well and lost each set 3-2 else I'd have been nicely in profit. As it is I'm -3.08 overall now. I'm going with 3 tonight. 2pts M.Hashimoto to beat M.Padgett 9/4 William Hill As I found out last year it can be a bit folly betting on these prelim matches, especially if you fancy the favourite but I'm going to bet here partly because I don't fancy the favour and also because I've learnt to lower the stakes a touch. We've got an interesting match up here. Matt Padgett, an Englishman takes on the Japanese qualifier Hashimoto. Given that he's English and can play the PDC circuit easily enough he hasn't really achieved much. He qualified for this and the UK Open but other than that he's only made it past the last 64 of a ranking event once this year. So given the pressure he'll be under with the expectation that he should win this, this won't be easy for a guy who isn't used to winning. I don't know a whole lot about the Japanese qualifier. As far as I can tell he's only played one PDC tournament which was a players championship event in Vegas. He lost 1st round to Ronnie Baxter but he did take Baxter to a deciding leg. He came through the Japanese qualifying event nicely though and averaged 85 in both the semi and the final of that. If we consider Scholten won his prelim match last night averaging 82 then if the Japanese guy can bring that game he had in the qualifying event with him then he'll be competitive if nothing else. 9/4 looks a decent enough price to me on the evidence that's available so I'll have a small punt. 3pts A.Roy to beat M.Dudbridge 5/4 Sportingbet This looks like it could be the closest match of the night. I think it's fair to say neither have enjoyed years that they would like. Alex Roy hasn't even made a quarter final other than in qualifying for this. In saying that, Mark Dudbridge made a tour final and semi final in March and hasn't been beyond the last 8 of a tournament since. So these two are out of form players coming into this event. What leads me to take Alex Roy though is two things, firstly he's got a bit of confidence under his belt having won a few matches under pressure in the qualifiers and also Roy's 3-0 lead between the two head to head. Admittedly two of those were in 2006 but one of them was this year. Neither can be totally trusted but I think there's enough of an evidence in the form to suggest Roy has every chance here so at 5/4 I'll take the Hertfordshire man to prevail in this one. 3pts S.Whitlock vs S.Evans Highest Checkout - Over 118.5 5/6 Blue Square I think the bookies are offering a dangerous carrot for here with the 120 on our side not to mention the 121. We all know Whitlock's liking for a big checkout and it would be absolutely no surprise if he caned a big checkout here. Steve Evans is unlikely to be too competitive in this match but he's got enough about him to be competitive in individual legs, especially on his throw and if he is to make any impression on this match he would need to take out a high checkout or two I fancy. Whitlock isn't one of those who doesn't go for checkouts when he's in control of a leg and needing 9 legs to win the match you'd think he'd have a go at a few checkouts above this target. He's more than good enough to take one so I'll accept the carrot that's being dangled by hitting the over here.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Nothing for me today, but three for tomorrow. 4pts Kirk Shepherd to bt. Wayne Jones @ 4.20 at Pinnacle Nah, far too big for me. This is priced according to the form only, but over a rather short format, I would not favor Jones so much. Kirk needs to produce the goods here only for three winning sets and you cannot say he does not have the talent to do that. He will see this as an opportunity to get back to the spotlight and he does not have an unbeatable opponent. The pressure is on Jones to perform here and he can be shaky too. 4.20 is way too high in my opinion. I know about the horrible H2H record, but still. He has a proven record in the World Championships too. 5pts Robert Thornton (-1.5 sets) to bt. Nigel Heydon @ 1.83 at Paddy Power I like Thornton on the experience ground, but I will stake less here as Thornton is not the most consistent player around. However, Heydon does not have as much experience and should be the one to crack here (yep, I have seen the Hylton - Beaton match, but it will not change my opinion). Admittedly, he has done well in some floor tournaments, but this is a little bit different and that should be the difference here. 7pts Per Laursen to bt. Boris Krcmar @ 1.72 at Paddy Power An experienced competitor against a newcomer from the soft tip darts area. No experience here for Krcmar and he has not done anything on the steel darts tour unless I missed something. Would have liked a longer format obviously, but at least he may be unsettled by the atmosphere. Expected something like 1.5 here given the odds from the previous days.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Per Laursen v Boris Krcmar: Per Laursen @ 1.80 Skybet Laursen I think will win this. he's a solid player and has been around for a while. Experience and being able to settle quickly clearly important in such a short format. Krcmer is a soft tip player and ranked 120 in PDC. For me Laursen is a clear favourite. Robert Thornton v Nigel Heydon: Robert Thornton @ 1.40 totesport (Lay Heydon @ 3.16 totesport for sports-punter.com purposes) I don't know about Heydon, but will go for Thornton anyway. He's a solid player and I think coming back into better form after a poor run. Should be a good favourite for the night, and is a solid price. Wes Newton v Darin Young: Wes Newton @ 1.40 totesport (Lay Young @ 3.16 totesport for sports-punter.com purposes) Saw Young for the first time in the World Cup Darts, and didn't seem to play too well. He seemed to be rattled with every poor dart he threw and mentally I didn't think he seemed strong. Wes Newton is having a good year and is a better player all around. Another solid favourite at a reasonable price I feel.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship -4.58 now. 3 for tonight. 3pts N.Heydon to beat R.Thornton 5/2 Boylesports I think Nigel Heydon has a real change tonight. I've heard all the talk about Thornton returning to good form but I've not really seen too much evidence of it. He won his group at the Grand Slam and I guess beating Whitlock looks good but Chisnall and Osborne both beat Whitlock too so it's not as big a win as it could have looked. The bare fact is that Thornton's only gone past the last 16 once since March so I'm not so sure his form is coming back. Having qualified from his group at the Slam, he lost to Wayne Jones in the next round and that 10-0 walloping he took from Anderson at the Matchplay can't leave my mind. To be fair to Thornton he could've had harder draws. Nigel Heydon is fairly new to the circuit but he made the last 16 of the UK Open which is no mean effort. He beat Dudbridge on the way. Heydon's tour record isn't great but he's made a QF and a couple of last 32's in recent weeks beating the likes of Andy Hamilton and Steve Beaton on his way to the QF in Killarney. In the last 32's he's played he's lost to Whitlock and Webster both 6-5 but in the 2nd of those tournaments he beat Mark Hylton, already a winner here this week, 6-1 and Alan Tabern 6-0 so he can play a bit. Thornton is fine when the doubles are going in but the white flag gets hoisted quicker than Usain Bolt leaves the blocks when things aren't going his way. Heydon is capable and I think he could cause an upset tonight. 4pts W.Newton vs D.Young - Over 6.5 180's 10/11 Blue Square 3pts D.Young Most 180's 9/4 William Hill I think this could be the closest match of the night and as such I would expect a few 180's. Young hit 5 in USA's 2nd round match in the recent world cup against the Swedes and that was only a race to 6. He can be a heavy scorer when the need arises and has plenty of experience on this stage. Wes Newton can score some maximums and although I wouldn't call him prolific he can chip in with enough to top up the total to cover the 6.5 that is required. I think Young's pretty consistent on the 60's and I wouldn't have him as big as 9/4 to hit the most 180's. At that price I'll have a dabble as I think he'll keep this match close. I don't see either winning the match 3-0 so we should have plenty of time to get the required 7 180's in the 4th match of the evening.

Nothing for me today, but three for tomorrow. 4pts Kirk Shepherd to bt. Wayne Jones @ 4.20 at Pinnacle 5pts Robert Thornton (-1.5 sets) to bt. Nigel Heydon @ 1.83 at Paddy Power 7pts Per Laursen to bt. Boris Krcmar @ 1.72 at Paddy Power
That brings me to +5.19pts for the thread with Shepherd not making it - but being well in the match.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship 4pts Richie Burnett to bt. Alan Tabern @ 2.65 at Pinnacle Cannot favor Tabern here, since both are in a rather poor run of form. This is not a 2.65 shot in my opinion, more like 2.20 or something. Burnett is a former winner of some majors, Tabern is not. He has been better lately, but not by that far. I simply cannot see Burnett as such an underdog, so I have to back him on the basis of value that I see there. And I also fancy him more as a player, so let's hope he can do that. 7pts Kevin Painter (-1.5 sets) to bt. Brendan Dolan @ 1.83 at Paddy Power Not much to say about Painter really, he is a great player without a doubt, so let's focus and Dolan. And the fact is, the best result he had this year was a quarter-final in a Player's Championship - no such success in a televised event though. Painter is the better player and this is very much similar to the match between Thornton and Heydon. So I will bet on the same result here, seems like a good bet.

My 1st bet of the tournament is: 3pts Darin Young over 2.5 180's @ 5/6 888sport.com I think kev said it all in the above post. I like young's throw and can see him hitting atleast 3 180's tonight. :hope
-3pts, If young had hit double 10 with 3 darts in his hands to win the 2nd set then i have no doubt this bet would have come. Pretty sick tbh. :puke

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Said I was -4.58 last night but it was -5.58 as I forgot to deduct the Smith quarter bet. -5.83 after last night. Missed doubles are beginning to be a feature and starting to cost me. I'm going with 3 tonight which odds depending could well be 4 once the prelim match is sorted out. 3pts R.Burnett to beat A.Tabern 7/4 Boylesports I wasn't going to back Burnett but he's drifted to what I would call a value price now. I mentioned in my outright post that the Prince of Wales had come back into a rich vein of form in recent weeks, beating the likes of Webster, Lloyd and Whitlock, all of whom have made the 2nd round of this already this week. Alan Tabern's recent form isn't all that good. He's barely made the last 16 of a tournament in the last 3 months or so and all of his good form this year came early in it. Even then it isn't exactly a bumper year for The Saint who has only won 1 match on TV in 2010. Last year in this he edged past Canadian, Ken MacNeil in the opening round before losing to Mark Dudbridge. One thing against Burnett tonight is a recent lack of TV experience but he's no stranger to the big stage and if he settles quickly I think the Welshman can prevail here. 5pts K.Painter (-1.5 sets) to beat B.Dolan 10/11 William Hill Kevin Painter loves this stage and this tournament. He's been a semi finalist here in the 1st year at the Pally and was involved in that epic final at the Tavern losing in a deciding leg to Taylor. So this tournament has served The Artist well. Brendan Dolan's a funny one really. He's talented, can score heavy but we never really see what he does on the floor tournaments, on TV. That's good for this bet. In saying that, Dolan hasn't done much on the floor recently either. There's no eyecatching results or performances in recent times from him and he's losing to players far worse than Kevin Painter. Painter himself hasn't been pulling up trees by his standards in 2010 but he has reached a last 16 and a QF in recent weeks so he's coming into this with some recent form behind him. Painter will perform on this stage, we know that. Dolan usually doesn't so I'll take Painter to win this no worse than 3-1. 3pts A.Alcinas (+2.5 sets) to beat J.Wade 21/20 Boylesports This looks a daft bet on paper but Antonio Alcinas will be well up for this. I dare say James Wade will too after what Alcinas and partner Carlos Rodriguez did to Wade and Taylor at the world cup. The bare facts are that Alcinas played well in that competition. Ok there were some iffy scores but they were supported by more than enough big scores as Alcinas decided reputations weren't for respecting. Although he's not a regular on the PDC tour yet, he has reached a last 16 and a quarter final in the few events he has played this year which is no mean feat. He beat Mark Webster and Steve Beaton among others in those events, which shows the talent he has. James Wade will be the one under all the pressure tonight. He'll be expected to atone for that defeat and while I expect him to do that I think there could be a few bumps along the way. Wade traditionally doesn't start tournaments well and rarely brings his best game to the party from the get go. I think there's enough there to suggest Alcinas can hold onto his throw enough to win a set and at slightly bigger than evens, I'll take the Spaniard to take at least one set from this one this evening.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Kevin Painter v Brendan Dolan: Kevin Painter @ 1.33 Victor Chandler (lay Brendan Dolan @ 3.45 Victor Chandler for sports-punter.com purposes) I like Kevin Painter, and he should be a good favourite here. He has a lot of experience on the TV stage, always tries hard, can do it on the big events, and is a good player. Dolan on the other hand tends to struggle in the TV, and I can't see him having a good chance in this match.