Tennis - 19-25 July

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July

Sport Tennis
Event Juan Ignacio Chela v Philipp Kohlschreiber
Selection Kohlschreiber (-2) GH (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 21/07/2010
Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 1.95 (Back)
Reasoning Well, Juan Ignacio Chela is just under Philipp Kohlschreiber's level as the german player can have the game in his hands as long as he is playing just his tennis. Kohlschreiber didn't impressed at Stuttgart as he has lost from another german man Florian Mayer, in that game Philipp has played with quite many errors and it was surely not his day, not his tennis. There are no doubts that Kohlschreiber didn't played well at Stuttgart, but lets not forget that in one game or one day eveything is possible and everything it is still possible, but that can't change with anything the pure class difference which remain always the main factor. Kohlschreiber is just a much more complete player than Chela who can compete more with his defence and not attack. Kohlschreiber's attack is the most meaningful difference between these two players and there will always be only one player to dominate the play, that only as long as Kohlschreiber will play his tennis, without a increased number of errors. All in all, Kohlschreiberis underrated now because he has lost from Mayer, but as I have mentionated another is another chance to make it better, but this line handicap is just too low. Good Luck!

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sport Tennis
Event Katarina Srebotnik vs. Polona Hercog
Selection Srebotnik
Strength 10/10
Date 21/07/2010
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 2.25 (Back)
Reasoning Katarina Srebotnik didn't impressed at all in 2010 but certain here at Portoroz she has made a nice start winning in straight sets against Petra Martic. Srebotnik had enough time for preparation for Portoroz as her last tournament was Eastbourne (on grass).Preparation has been always a so important aspect in tennis and I always draw a lot of attention to that, in our situation Srebotnik as I have mentionated had enough time before this home tournament and he has already impressed with her first game here. On the other hand Polona Hercog comes after a good period, she did looked in a quite good form recently, but lets not forget about the suraface as she has played on clay, here is hard. Hercog is not playing her best tennis on hard as clay is her most favourite surface, so from the surface point of view Srebotnik has an clear advanatage. Both players are playing at home, and there is not a favourite from this point of view but it is still Srebotnik the better player as she can play her best tennis on hard while Hercog not. All in all, after a long period of bad results Srebotnik did impressed for the first time with a victory in straight sets against Martic, so this could be a sign for a better form. Good Luck!

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July Agree on Zeballos. Will have some investment on him, too. Dent was terrible yesterday, produced 13 double faults and overall failed to impress against Blake who made tons of unforced errors. Can see Zeballos dominate rallies and getting a win. P.S. Short on time today again so not much to watch or write about. Btw, Halep screwed many, thankfully not me. Lol that was typical betting retirement.

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July i think zeballos will really worry dent i expect him to finish him off in straigh sets you can get 5/2 i expect scheuttler to do the same to russell(who i think is decent) at 2/1 will be taking both of these. Also saw hercog play recently she really is talented and ill go for a straight sets victory over srebotnik i like her but i think the talented youngster will have to much for her you can get hercog 2-0 at about 13/8 good luck all!

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July Top notch pick Psycho, nice work :clap Edit: That could be a little premature, he's just blown a 6-1 lead in the breaker! Edit: Wins it 9-7. Bloody hell, that would've been a choke of epic proportions. Great shout again though.

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July Bolelli's going to choke here, was 5-0 up in the set. Can see him being broken again. He's got the mental strength of an ameoba. Edit: Fair play, he held after going to 30-30. Still, need a wee miracle for him to cover the handicap.

bellucci has no form it is impossible to predict he will win here bolelli has at least done something on clay
Bellucci's got far more scope than Bolelli has. It's Bolelli's mentality that'll kill him here.

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July I'm on Zeballos for later.....Zeballos to beat Dent @ Evens (Will Hill:5/10) Only worry is whether Zeballos came to play, if he did he should win. Dent is bad right now, lucky he faced someone even worse in Blake last night. Zeballos can play on hard, has the game for it. Hopefully he serves well as he should outplay Dent in rallies. If Zeballos loses I won't touch Atlanta again this week.

- Albert Montanes -4 games AH at 1.877 with Pinnacle (6/10) - Philipp Kohlschreiber at 1.79 with >Betdaq (6/10) - Simone Bolelli +3.5 games at 1.833 with Pinnacle (5/10) - Michael Berrer +1.5 sets at 1.86 with >unibet (4/10) - Julian Reister at 2.30 with >Boylesports (3/10)
LOSS - Montanes lost this then won it then lost. Really poor pick. WIN - Toughed it out, good win infront of home crowd. LOSS - This was achievable but Bolelli didn't take his chances. No regrets. LOSS - Silly bet really. Berrer got into a breaker but didn't fashion a single break point. WIN - Wish I'd put more on him. Losing day in Hamburg. Mis-placed faith in Montanes cost me. Needed that Kohlschreiber win so glad he pulled through. Hoping for better in Atlanta.

Already taken 2, that of Schuettler and Reister, now going to take the supposed underdog in one of the women's matches. Virginie Razzano to beat Vera Dushevina- 6/4 William Hill- 3/10 She has been percieved by the bookies as the slight underdog here and probably rightly so. Her form in 2010 hasn't been great to say the least, with her being upset in a lot of competitions. Her year was very much 2009 where she shot up the rankings, and made the fourth round at Wimbledon at Rolland Garros. Her last two tournament wins occured on hard court, back in 2007 where she beat Venus Williams in the most recent one. She won in straight sets a couple of days ago against a fairly average opponent in Kucova, today will be a different test. Vera again hasn't had her best season, she pushed Serenva Williams to a 3 setter, having a match point saved. More recently she beat Schiavone at Wimbledon but that's about it. About 50/50 this match and simply taking Razzano as she has played more on hard court recently and has won the majority of her matches on it. Could be a long one, but I fancy her to get it done. Gl all :ok
Disappointing to say the least. Choked just like Rodionova but not as much. Should have wrapped it up in straight sets but pressure of winning got to her. In the end broke easily enough just couldn't hold serve. Really good game though, some really got rallies and shots. Minimal profit so far today thanks to Atko's tip for Reister. Just waiting for Schuettler now :hope