** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - 19-25 July

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tennis: 12-25 July Already taken..... Serra to beat Korolev @ 5/6 (Will Hill: 5/10) Expect price to drop. Serra not really pulling up any trees lately, lost to Starace last week without much fight. But decent player, can be solid on his day and has some results to speak of this year...reaching semi's of Casablanca and Bordeaux on clay. Korolev on the other hand has one clay win this year beating Russell. Leads Serra h2h 3-0 which would usually put me off but wins are hard to come by these days for him. Got crushed by Minar in Stuttgart qualies recently, looks like confidence is low and when you play ball-bashing style like Korolev thats a bad thing. Seems like a good chance for Serra to get a win here.

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July

Holy crap, posted same thread at the exact same time.........:lol Any chance you'd stick my post in here mate!
That's it done. Agree with Serra on face value, going to do some research on it but may well follow you.

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July Usual antepost selections from me... Atlanta: Outright Bit of a weak tournament this in my eyes. Andy Roddick is the odds-on favourite - correctly so - but I can't touch him at those odds. I'm more inclined to go with John Isner, who is 5.00 to win this, as an each-way shout. The second seed avoids Roddick until the final but won't fear him, as he defeated the top seed in last year's US Open. His route to the final goes something like Przysienzy-Becker-Hewitt, which is entirely surmountable for him. Hewitt has a winning record over Isner but he won't appreciate the quick conditions here. Isner dominates on serve and has the groundstrokes to spar with the field here. His forehand is a real weapon now and he's mentally very strong - a good thing as he has plenty of clutch moments in the inevitable tie-breaks. Tough to see him not making the final and that would guarantee a small profit regardless on the each way. - John Isner each way at 5.00 with Stan James (3/10) Hamburg: Outright This is a far tougher tournament to call. Plenty of proven clay court players on board here. Nicolas Almagro is the bookies' favourite but I'm often wary of players who are coming off a winning week. He's also in the same section of the draw as Nikolay Davydenko, who I expect a far better effort from after collapsing in Stuttgart. That half of the draw looks a little wide open as no.4 seed Gael Monfils will more than likely pull out injured. With that in mind, I'm inclined to look at the other half of the draw, where David Ferrer lies as the second seed. He's been consistently good on clay this year and has a pallatable probable route to the semis in Fognini-Seppi-Kohlschreiber/Bellucci. I'd fancy Ferrer to work himself into some form by beating those players. The semi-finals would probably throw up someone like Albert Montanes, but Ferrer is a very similar player to him and is a bad match-up. I feel Ferrer has a very good chance of making the final at least and could even win this. Odds of 6.00 are a little high IMO. As an aside, I can see Alexandr Dolgopolov having a good week as he's got a decent draw if he gets past either Pablo Cuevas or Florian Mayer in R2. Really talented player and is decent on clay - will cause a lot of problems with his spin. He's 51.00 to win and I'll take a very small play on him. If Monfils pulls out he's got a straightforward enough route to the quarters. - David Ferrer each way at 6.00 with Stan James (3/10) - Alexandr Dolgopolov each way at 51.00 with Stan James (1/10) :hope

Already at 8/11 at Will Hill, and 4/6 at Powers....wouldn't touch the latter. Trying to get on these bets quickly as the value seems to go fairly sharpish these days. Edit: 8/11 at Powers now aswell.
My bookies don't have his odds up yet. May have to wait on the handicap. You've taken the value for sure.

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July Another week to come guys. Just had a brief look at the prices and a couple took the eye. Gabashvilli against Schuettler is 5/6 just now and all I can see is those odds going down. Rainer is 34 now and hasn't had much success for a while now whilst Terimuraz has had one of his best ever seasons. 4th round at Roland Garros, where he hammered Roddick and got through to the second round at Wimbledon. Worth a look I think at that price. Another one is Janko Tipsarević @ 4/6 against Anderson. The Serb has performed well in grand slams over the last few years but not much in the current season. Still a class act when he's on song though. Anderson has won a tournament this year in the shape of the Baton Rouge. He's a decent player at best really and his world ranking shows this as he's no.97 currently. Very tall player but with this comes a lack of speed and agility around the court. Might look into these 2 a bit more before betting.

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July One pick and off today :rollin ATP Hamburg Mayer over Cuevas 8/10 @1,42 Bwin Mayer played really well this week in Stuttgart, but had problems in some critical moments against Monfils. And he lost it. In first round easy win over Kohli, second round easy against GGL....Florian serve is very good, he is good baseliner and big plus, he is at home. Cuevas played normal tennis last week with a lot of unforced errors, won some matches against Riba and PHM,last year was Pablo in semi-final, but Florian is better today and he played here last year in second round where he lost to Ferrer. H2H is for Mayer..Only 1 match.Last year won in 3 sets on clay, tomorrow i think it will be clear 2 sets match with Florian Mayer's win.

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July i got nicely screwed today with Monfils retiring and my Montanes bet getting void....always seem to be on the wrong end of these i tell you. Would someone in the knowhow be able to provide me with a list of bookies and then rules on retirement that i can use for future reference? Thanks

i got nicely screwed today with Monfils retiring and my Montanes bet getting void....always seem to be on the wrong end of these i tell you. Would someone in the knowhow be able to provide me with a list of bookies and then rules on retirement that i can use for future reference? Thanks
http://www.free-easy-money.com/articles/dutching-on-tennis-87.php

Sport Tennis
Event Cuevas - Mayer
Selection Cuevas
Strength 10/10
Date 19/07/2010
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 2.62 (Back)
Reasoning I play Cuevas in this match, perfect odds. Cuevas look good in last weekend in Stuttgart, back after injury and can play better and better. At this tournament defend SF from last year. Mayer love fast surfaces or fast clay like Stuttgart.. Mayer not feel in Hamburg - Hamburg clay is propably one of the slowest clay in ATP. Mayer serve not working good today in my opinion. I must take claycouter with this odds!

Sport Tennis
Event Greul - Bolelli
Selection Greul
Strength 10/10
Date 19/07/2010
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 2.10 (Back)
Reasoning Greul have more chances to win in this match. Greul is 37 position better than Bolelli in ATP rank. Greul in last weekend play nice tenis in Stuttgart, Bolelli in last time without any form and play good only in Challengers. Greul play at home and this is nice advantage for this player. In last year go to QF in this tournament. Odds over 2.00 are great value for me!

Sport Tennis
Event Korolev - Serra
Selection Korolev
Strength 10/10
Date 19/07/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.35 (Back)
Reasoning I don't understand why Korolev is favorite in this match.. Both players in last time are without form and didn't show nothing special. Korolev in last year at Hamburg courts won Q and lose in first round, Serra lose in first round. H2H is 3-0 for Korolev, three times beat Serra on clay surface! Korolev for me is small favorite, I go with better odds!

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July Sela to beat Young @ 4/5 (Skybet:7/10) Young doing some good things on hard court in US challengers recently, maybe why price is like this. He won one recently and reached a couple of semi's losing to the likes of Bobby Reynolds, Smyczek.....also Alcaide at Wimbledon qualifiers. He was also in the final of the Aptos Challenger yesterday and lost to Matosevic in the final after good week beating likes of Bozoljac and Devvarman. Gonna be tough to come to Atlanta and keep a high level I think. Still think Dudi is a class above here....beat him in New Haven in 2008 6-4 6-2, and is generally a good return of server for a fast surface like this. Decent last few months aswell, mainly losing to higher ranked players. Think he should take Young out here. Hasn't played since Wimbledon which is only worry but still, seen Young once or twice before...not the most stable from the baseline(maybe improved looking at his results) but Sela will keep the ball in play no problem. GL!

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July ATP Hamburg Hajek over A. Beck 8/10 @1,72 StanJames Hajek is better claycourter than Andreas Beck. I saw Hajek in Davic Cup in Chile and he played perfect.Really perfect. Great serve with powerfull and accurate forehand is deadly combination. Hajek is in form. He won in Prostejov with Stepanek in final. Beck is without form. He lost to Gojowczyk (362) before two weeks at home in Oberstaufen, and last week he lost to Zabellos. Beck is not good claycourter, he has powerfull serve, but he makes a lot of mistakes in his play. Today Hajek in stright sets.

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July WTA Bad Gastein 2 picks from Austria today Halep over Voracova 7/10 1,34 Doxxbet Olaru over Woerle 8/10 1, 53 Doxxbet Halep is better than Voracova. H2H is 1:1 but Halep won this year in Fes in two sets. Voracova is ITF player. This year on clay courts 7-5 and Halep 23-9. Halep to win. Olaru was in Final here last year. She playes some good matches this year and Woerle is poor player. Nice odds here and clear win.

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July Im looking for matches that could go to 3 sets.hard to judge for that on clay.i think riba madrid vs mathieu should go the full distance.what else? Like the odds on chuidinelli to beat chardy tho.both inconcictent players.any idea why chardy the favorite after chuidinelli did si well last week?chardy did nothing to write home about recently

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July Gone for four selections in today's lengthy tennis card... Hamburg: Simone Bolelli vs Simon Greul The value is starting to eke out of the Greul price so I had to do a bit of digging to find the 1.91 I got. I still think it represents good value, however. Bolelli's having a miserable time of it. He's fine on the Challenger tour, winning the Turin event on clay recently, but he really struggles to transform that form onto the main Tour. Bizarrely, his only win on the Tour to date this year came against Simon Greul in the Rome Masters but I think the tables may be changed here. Greul is playing much better. Did fine in Stuttgart, beating Michael Berrer and Gilles Simon, who are both playing better than Bolelli. He does his best work on the clay and a resolute player. He's spar with Bolelli and look to draw out the errors from the Italian. i just can't trust Bolelli to beat anyone on the main circuit right now - it seems he has many mental demons - and I don't think he'll get much joy against a German on home soil. - Simon Greul at 1.91 with Betdaq (5/10) Hamburg: Pablo Cuevas vs Florian Mayer Cuevas burst on to the Tour scene in this tournament last year, making the semi-finals. He's not entirely hit those heights this year but last week in Bastad he approached something of his best form. He's a difficult man to play on clay with a huge kick serve and shots laden with top spin. He's got a tough opening draw against Mayer, a German who made the quarter-finals in Stuttgart, and I can see it being very close. Cuevas' price is perhaps a bit too big considering this is his preferred surface but I can see both men keeping it close on serve. They've met once before, last year on clay, and Mayer won in three sets. I can see a repeat match in terms of sets. Their games match up well and with two big servers involved, I feel the overs line is a little shy at 22.5 games. Reckon this one will be close. - Over 22.5 games at 2.02 with Pinnacle (4/10) Atlanta - Illya Marchenko vs Kristof Vliegen Marchenko is a player who I've liked on the hard courts and I feel he can get the better of Vliegen fairly comfortably here. Vliegen is not the player he once was. Injuries and inconsistencies have curtailed his career somewhat and he now struggles to stay fit and to makes inroads on the main Tour. He's up against a player who is making strides on the Tour. Marchenko has done well in all of the quick-surface tournaments he's entered, making the quarter-finals on a few occasions. He's a young player with a big serve and a nice forehand and is comfortable hitting from the baseline. Vliegen is all about serve for me. It's his biggest weapon but he very rarely gets it flying all the time. He will give Marchenko opportunities on it and I'd expect him to be punished on it. Marchenko plays most of his tennis these days on the Tour and perhaps a level up from the Belgian at the moment. I feel he should be able to cover a -2.5 handicap. - Illya Marchenko -2.5 games at 1.885 with Pinnacle (4/10) Hamburg: Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo vs Fabio Fognini I can understand to a certain extent why this match has been priced fairly close but I still feel Fognini is the better player here and should prevail. Hidalgo has come through the qualifying and has been winning Challenger events, but Fognini is a step up in class to most of the guys he's faced. The Italian very rarely does things the easy way but he often manages to grind out a win. He can be a little frail on serve - Hidalgo's strong point - but he's very adept in rallies and should be able to win the majority of those against Hidalgo. He should've taken the second set against David Ferrer last week in Bastad and had a good French Open, where he took out Gael Monfils. There is a quality difference here and I feel the 1.80 on offer for Fognini is quite generous. - Fabio Fognini at 1.80 with Betdaq (4/10) :hope

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July Alizee Cornet -3 (Asian Handicap) vs Arantxa Rus. 1.86 @ Pinnacle. (8/10) Obvious choice here to go with Cornet. Rus is a player who has got a huge talent and potential but relies too much on her serve which is not always working. Cornet has shown signs of coming back to her best form and a clay court match against player who prefers faster surfaces is just about the right thing for her to get another win under her belt. Rus has not had much of winning experience lately and it won't come today either. Cornet win here for me definitely and covering handicap. She was in semifinals here last year so will be up for this one as she needs to defend lots of points otherwise her ranking slump will continue. Pablo Cuevas +2.5 (Asian Handicap) vs Florian Mayer. 1.83 @ 5Dimes. (6/10) This is very important tournament for Cuevas and he will be very much so up for it. Cuevas made semifinals here last year so huge amount of points to be defended. Say him a bit in Bastad last week and apart from mental collapse against Ferrer he was ok. I think he will be in very good mood for this one as he did very well here last year. The courts in Hamburg are not that fast and will suit more Cuevas whereas Mayer prefers faster surfaces and might struggle in this match. Having said that Mayer also in good form and I think this match might be very close, probably going full distance in which case Cuevas should be able to avoid defeat by more than two games. In two sets it would be tougher though I'm backing him to do it anyway. Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo vs Fabio Fognini. Over 22 games. 1.85 @ Gamebookers. (6/10) Not so excited by Fognini as most of you are. I think he actually might struggle in this match. Anyway he barely has easy matches because he makes life difficult for himself and likes or is being forced to play a lot of 3-setters and Hidalgo is very crafty player and one you definitely don't want to mess around. Having Fognini involved in this one we just about are assured of another epic 3-setter or tight 2 set match with over 22 games in any scenario. Olivier Rochus vs Maximo Gonzalez. Over 22.5 games. 1.95 @ Expekt. (7/10) Rochus is another of those players who always seem to be involved in long matches. Clay is really not his thing as he prefers faster surfaces though can hit some balls on clay as well. Haven't seen much of Gonzalez lately because he has been playing at his level on Challenger tour. These two have played once before. It was on clay last year and surprise surprise the match was decided only in 3 sets. Gonzalez won that match and I wouldn't be surprised if he did the same thing today though I feel over 22.5 games is the most likeliest outcome. Jarkko Nieminen -4 (Asian Handicap) vs Christophe Rochus. 1.95 @ Expekt. (8/10) C. Rochus has not won ATP main draw match since last year in Moscow. He is a typical Challenger tour player who sucks big time on the higher level and Nieminen is the type of player who can give him beating and will do so. Jarkko definitely much more experience in this level and should be able to cruise in this match. I think 4 games handicap is very decent offer which I can not miss. They played in this event 4 years ago and Nieminen destroyed Rochus by 6-1, 6-0. If Jarkko plays his best tennis another demolishing could be on cards.

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July Hi guys, 1 pick for the Hamburg tournament first round match later today: HAJEK TO D A. BECK @ 1.78 on betfair Hajek has been very good on clay this year. Beck is coming back from injury and is struggling with consistency, he surely will have problems playing against a clay courter like Hajek.

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July hm.. i see u are going on hajek win but odds droping on andreas beck 2.25->1.96. For both players favourite surface is clay, andreas is for germany so he is playing home:)) maybe beck is worth to try with nice odds. Also odds droping on schuettler 1.95->1.6 try this two bets in combo:PP gl

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July Paul-Henri Mathieu to beat Pere Riba. 1.88 @ Pinnacle (10/10) This is a repeat of the 2nd round match in the same event last year. Mathieu came through in 3 sets with a tie-break win in the decider. The Frenchman is coming back from injury and has shown signs of improvement lately. He reached a final in Hamburg last year therefore motivation will be sky high coz he can not afford to lose pts he won last year. Riba has been playing more at this level lately but he is not that good and has struggled at ATP level. I think Mathieu will be too strong for him. Price is too good to be missed on Mathieu. Evgeny Korolev to beat Florent Serra. 2.20 @ Eurobet. (5/10) I'm a believer in stats and we see one of the most one-sided matches H2H stats wise around today. Korolev has beaten Serra all 3 times they played and all matches were played on clay with one retirement. Clay should suit Serra more. The Frenchman has not done much lately and his form in general is not good enough for him to be a favorite in a match against player he has never beaten. Korolev has not had huge wins lately either but in 50/50 situation I have to back an underdog. Simone Bolelli to beat Simon Greul. 2.00 @ Betfair. (6/10) 50/50 match in my opinion. Greul has a bit of an edge because he is playing at home. Otherwise there is no great deal of difference. In fact I rate Bolelli a better player at the moment. He has been playing in Challengers lately to get back his ranking but his place is ATP level. Greul is very good match-up for Bolelli as the Italian can match him in powerful baseline exchanges and basically he has not got weaknesses Greul can exploit. Bolelli has beaten Greul pretty convincingly in Rome earlier this year and should be good to do the trick again.

Hamburg: Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo vs Fabio Fognini I can understand to a certain extent why this match has been priced fairly close but I still feel Fognini is the better player here and should prevail. Hidalgo has come through the qualifying and has been winning Challenger events, but Fognini is a step up in class to most of the guys he's faced. The Italian very rarely does things the easy way but he often manages to grind out a win. He can be a little frail on serve - Hidalgo's strong point - but he's very adept in rallies and should be able to win the majority of those against Hidalgo. He should've taken the second set against David Ferrer last week in Bastad and had a good French Open, where he took out Gael Monfils. There is a quality difference here and I feel the 1.80 on offer for Fognini is quite generous. - Fabio Fognini at 1.80 with Betdaq (4/10) :hope
Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo vs Fabio Fognini. Over 22 games. 1.85 @ Gamebookers. (6/10) Not so excited by Fognini as most of you are. I think he actually might struggle in this match. Anyway he barely has easy matches because he makes life difficult for himself and likes or is being forced to play a lot of 3-setters and Hidalgo is very crafty player and one you definitely don't want to mess around. Having Fognini involved in this one we just about are assured of another epic 3-setter or tight 2 set match with over 22 games in any scenario.
Psycho, I believe the bookies got a bit of MARKET DOMINATION opened up on them here between you and I. Fognini does the business and covers the overs too in two sets. Happy days, nice one :ok

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July Sport Tennis Event M.Zverev-A.Golubev Selection M.Zverev Strength 10/10 Date 19/07/2010 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.35 (Back) Reasoning M.Zverev will play this match in his country(Germany,Hamburg) and I guess this is a great advantage for him.Also,M.Zverev played and last week in the tournament from Stuttgart,winning in first round with Stakhovsky.Golubev is a decent player,last week winning with Maximo Gonzalez in first round,but lost in second with T.Robredo.However,A.Golubev played so far on clay with modest players,in difficult games he was relatively modest.Zverev is only on 150th place now,while Golubev on 82th place,but I try on Zverev here,like I said,the fans support will be an important factor for German player.Go Zverev!