Tennis - 19-25 July

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July Stakhovsky @ $3 sportingbet 8/10 This price is just really plain dumb, yes chela has a nice record on clay but he is not a damaging player anymore, stakhvosky on the other hand has a really solid game thats always improving and as time passes he will become more adaptable on clay , this game will be much closer than the odds suggest

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July Robredo -2 @ $1.80 sportingbet 10/10 This is stupid odds starace is a player who is very inconsistent shocking loss to seppi the mug last week and doesnt really have any big scalps, robredo found loads of form and confidence last week and that rain delay against golubev may hav been something to trigger a rich vein of form to turn around his season, loves the clay has 5-0 H2h against starace, Robredo seems to be serving a very high 1st serve % of late this well help and should have way too much class for Potato

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July Robredo -2 @ $1.80 sportingbet 10/10 This is stupid odds starace is a player who is very inconsistent shocking loss to seppi the mug last week and doesnt really have any big scalps, robredo found loads of form and confidence last week and that rain delay against golubev may hav been something to trigger a rich vein of form to turn around his season, loves the clay has 5-0 H2h against starace, Robredo seems to be serving a very high 1st serve % of late this well help and should have way too much class for Potato

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July Took a Chela and Robredo double at just above evens. Chela widely expected to beat the Ukranian Stakhovsky, especially on clay which Chela loves and seems to excel on in recent years. On Robredo, I agree with the above. Hasn't been in the best of form, knocked out in first rounds of French Open and Wimbledon, but had a good last week or so and leads the H2H substantially so that's the reasoning for the double. Sorry I couldn't post it a little earlier, internet was playing up :$

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July Some interesting pick i found. Robredo to win 1.65, and Robredo +3 1.45 at triobet! it looks very ver good pick of course odd 1.45 isn't that big but i'm taking it with confidence. in case Robredo can lose it, but i can't see it ... gl all you :hope

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July Nieminen @ $1.83 sportingbet 6/10 Jarkko is a veteran of the circuit these days but he is definitely well compentent on clay, his game is solid without being amazing but there is no huge leaks. Simon imho loves faster surfaces i watched alot of matches of him last year guy doesnt hav a big serve but backhand is definitely his strength, however since injury and his inability to have that consistency of which he did hav i think Nieminem will be able to get enough free points to account for Simon

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July Hamburg: Juan Ignacio Chela vs Sergiy Stakhovsky Hamburg: Stephane Robert vs Andreas Seppi Going to give a wee double a try here. Chela is a player who does his best work on clay. He's got good movement and court nous and should be too strong for Stakhovsky. Although the Ukranian has improved on this surface, he threw in a dismal performance against Zverev last week and for that alone, I can't back him to win on the clay. He likes to serve and volley and that tactic won't work on a slow surface like this. The conditions favour the Argentine but at 1.40, he's too short for me here as a single. I'm going to risk doubling him up with Seppi (yes, I know, my heart won't enjoy it). Robert has been minging of late but the real reason is that I think the Italian will like the Frenchman's game. He doesn't play with much power and that's when Seppi does his best work. He prefers to move the ball from side to side and be in control of the rallies. Robert's morale will not be high after being skelped by Verdasco last week 6-1 6-1. Although Seppi has last week's Robin Soderling match to get out of system, he's got the perfect opponent to do so with. Double of Juan Ignacio Chela x Andreas Seppi at 1.88 with Stan James (5/10)Hamburg: Juan Ignacio Chela vs Sergiy Stakhovsky Hamburg: Stephane Robert vs Andreas Seppi Going to give a wee double a try here. Chela is a player who does his best work on clay. He's got good movement and court nous and should be too strong for Stakhovsky. Although the Ukranian has improved on this surface, he threw in a dismal performance against Zverev last week and for that alone, I can't back him to win on the clay. He likes to serve and volley and that tactic won't work on a slow surface like this. The conditions favour the Argentine but at 1.40, he's too short for me here as a single. I'm going to risk doubling him up with Seppi (yes, I know, my heart won't enjoy it). Robert has been minging of late but the real reason is that I think the Italian will like the Frenchman's game. He doesn't play with much power and that's when Seppi does his best work. He prefers to move the ball from side to side and be in control of the rallies. Robert's morale will not be high after being skelped by Verdasco last week 6-1 6-1. Although Seppi has last week's Robin Soderling match to get out of system, he's got the perfect opponent to do so with. Double of Juan Ignacio Chela x Andreas Seppi at 1.88 with Stan James (5/10) GREAT SHOUT ATKO dont rate Chela or Seppi at all but they both won comfortably so hats of to you mate:):clap

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July

Hamburg: Juan Ignacio Chela vs Sergiy Stakhovsky Hamburg: Stephane Robert vs Andreas Seppi Going to give a wee double a try here. Chela is a player who does his best work on clay. He's got good movement and court nous and should be too strong for Stakhovsky. Although the Ukranian has improved on this surface, he threw in a dismal performance against Zverev last week and for that alone, I can't back him to win on the clay. He likes to serve and volley and that tactic won't work on a slow surface like this. The conditions favour the Argentine but at 1.40, he's too short for me here as a single. I'm going to risk doubling him up with Seppi (yes, I know, my heart won't enjoy it). Robert has been minging of late but the real reason is that I think the Italian will like the Frenchman's game. He doesn't play with much power and that's when Seppi does his best work. He prefers to move the ball from side to side and be in control of the rallies. Robert's morale will not be high after being skelped by Verdasco last week 6-1 6-1. Although Seppi has last week's Robin Soderling match to get out of system, he's got the perfect opponent to do so with. Double of Juan Ignacio Chela x Andreas Seppi at 1.88 with Stan James (5/10)Hamburg: Juan Ignacio Chela vs Sergiy Stakhovsky Hamburg: Stephane Robert vs Andreas Seppi Going to give a wee double a try here. Chela is a player who does his best work on clay. He's got good movement and court nous and should be too strong for Stakhovsky. Although the Ukranian has improved on this surface, he threw in a dismal performance against Zverev last week and for that alone, I can't back him to win on the clay. He likes to serve and volley and that tactic won't work on a slow surface like this. The conditions favour the Argentine but at 1.40, he's too short for me here as a single. I'm going to risk doubling him up with Seppi (yes, I know, my heart won't enjoy it). Robert has been minging of late but the real reason is that I think the Italian will like the Frenchman's game. He doesn't play with much power and that's when Seppi does his best work. He prefers to move the ball from side to side and be in control of the rallies. Robert's morale will not be high after being skelped by Verdasco last week 6-1 6-1. Although Seppi has last week's Robin Soderling match to get out of system, he's got the perfect opponent to do so with. Double of Juan Ignacio Chela x Andreas Seppi at 1.88 with Stan James (5/10) GREAT SHOUT ATKO dont rate Chela or Seppi at all but they both won comfortably so hats of to you mate:):clap
Cheers mate. Seppi still made my heart flutter, he was 3-0 down in the first set! Seems like he played very well though. Don't rate either man that highly but they were up against clay cannon fodder. Dolgopolov just covered the handicap too - he's going to be some player.

Dolgopolov is definitely a future star' date=' the guy gets the most out of his game even with his small physique guy generates some great power and as time goes on he will defs be top 20 player[/quote'] Now the onus is on Robredo - silly loss of serve when a break up could haunt him. Fingers crossed he pulls through.

Lost the first set' date=' looks like he just can't win the points on his serve towards the end of the set :([/quote'] Knowing Robredo as I do, I'm not confident he'll recover from that. He had a set point on his serve. Hopefully he can pull it together.

Knowing Robredo as I do' date=' I'm not confident he'll recover from that. He had a set point on his serve. Hopefully he can pull it together.[/quote'] He will recover no problem just an early break of serve and he will be fine, guy hardly ever loses to guys worse in ability than him

He will recover no problem just an early break of serve and he will be fine' date=' guy hardly ever loses to guys worse in ability than him[/quote'] The Robredo of old, yes, but recently he's been far from at his best. Early break so hopefully he can consolidate it and kick on.

The Robredo of old' date=' yes, but recently he's been far from at his best. Early break so hopefully he can consolidate it and kick on.[/quote'] Lets hope but he got an early break in the first and we know what happened. Sorry to be pessimistic :lol.

pls be optimistic my friend..:\
I'm really trying to mate, but based on the match it is extremely hard to remain optimistic in a match like this with a player who hasn't been in the best of form. Needs to break back so let's hope :hope