** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Tennis - 19-25 July

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July

Haha ok' date=' well done :ok Keep the beatings up :lol[/quote'] It's always good when you get two different selections yet they both come up in one match. To be fair, it cancels out the Cuevas-Mayer match but I prefer to look at the positives ;)

It's always good when you get two different selections yet they both come up in one match. To be fair' date=' it cancels out the Cuevas-Mayer match but I prefer to look at the positives ;)[/quote'] That´s the correct attitude :clap

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July Riba to beat Mathieu, Riba had to play 2 qualifying games so he will be in rhythm. Matheiu was merd last week when he lost to Cuevas. There is a reason Mathieu has odds of 8/11... Bookies know Riba has a great service game too I can see him frustrating the french man.

Mathieu is playing some awful tennis' date=' his 1st serve is only 43% . Won the 1st set 6-1 but Riba has warmed up and with it going to a 3rd set Mathieu at this rate is going out...[/quote'] At this rate they're following patterns of their only meeting which was in this tournament last year :lol See what happens in the decider. Riba is a fixer I have no doubts about that after his match against Luczak in Bastad last week.

Hi guys, 1 pick for the Hamburg tournament first round match later today: HAJEK TO D A. BECK @ 1.78 on betfair Hajek has been very good on clay this year. Beck is coming back from injury and is struggling with consistency, he surely will have problems playing against a clay courter like Hajek.
Really put through the wringer with this one. But, a wins a win! :gimme

At this rate they're following patterns of their only meeting which was in this tournament last year :lol See what happens in the decider. Riba is a fixer I have no doubts about that after his match against Luczak in Bastad last week.
Riba is a choker, not a fixer. He's not that good, or clever.

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July I tend to stay away from French sportsmen, in many sports they let you down especially in tennis you can't rely on them. My future tip to people. :ok Monfils, Mathieu, Gasquet, Chardy, French football team You just don't know which side of them will turn up, very Jekyl and Hyde.

I tend to stay away from French sportsmen, in many sports they let you down especially in tennis you can't rely on them. My future tip to people. :ok Monfils, Mathieu, Gasquet, Chardy, French football team You just don't know which side of them will turn up, very Jekyl and Hyde.
I'm not sure nationality has much to do with it. A lot of players are unstable. It's easy saying this now as he's lost, but Mathieu's been terrible for weeks. He's struggled to find fitness and his SW19 "run" looks more and more like a freak. There are certain tennis players who will put you through the mill whenever you back them. I knew Fognini would do my heart no favours today but he did the job in straight sets. Teimuraz Gabashvili and Andreas Seppi are others who love a rollercoaster. The lad playing now, Mischa Zverev, does a great space cadet impersonation too. These guys do win matches though, you just have to realise what you're letting yourself in for.

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July Just took Klepac to beat De Los Rios, @7/4, Klepac beat her 2 years ago on clay however since then De Los Rios has improved as a player and is probably better on this surface than Klepac. But I think this game will be close and whoever can hold their confidence will win, worth a risk at those odds. :hope *Edit to say I meant '2 years ago on hard court' ignore 'clay'

Atlanta's on an outdoor hard court mate. Changes the dynamic of this match a lot. Schuettler may be 34 but is as fit as a fiddle and likes quicker surfaces. Saying that' date=' Gabashvili's got good form behind him. Toughie...[/quote'] Looooool maybe I should have stayed asleep a little longer and then seen what I was writing :loon. Cheers for that mate, can't stop laughing to myself, will have a closer closer look now :ok

Looooool maybe I should have stayed asleep a little longer and then seen what I was writing :loon. Cheers for that mate' date=' can't stop laughing to myself, will have a closer closer look now :ok[/quote'] As far as your bet goes, it certainly makes Schuettler a more difficult opponent for Gabashvili. If it was on clay, I'd be with you all the way on this one, but the price would be skimpier. You never know though, Gabashvili still has a decent chance even on a quicker court.

As far as your bet goes' date=' it certainly makes Schuettler a more difficult opponent for Gabashvili. If it was on clay, I'd be with you all the way on this one, but the price would be skimpier. You never know though, Gabashvili still has a decent chance even on a quicker court.[/quote'] I'm kinda hoping they meet eachother on clay soon though, so I can just paste my post from above :rollin. Yeah but the main reason for the bet would be clay, it's just not worth it at that price with a player of his unpredictable nature.

I'm kinda hoping they meet eachother on clay soon though' date=' so I can just paste my post from above :rollin. Yeah but the main reason for the bet would be clay, it's just not worth it at that price with a player of his unpredictable nature.[/quote'] Can always remove the post for you if you wish, seeing that it's on a hard court?

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July Yeah you could do, read it again and it is extremely misleading. I'm just about to stick with Gaba and take Becker @ 4/7 and I'll do a write up in about 10 mins. So yeh go ahead with deleting it and I'll hopefully write a more accurate one, or so one would hope :hope

Yeah you could do' date=' read it again and it is extremely misleading. I'm just about to stick with Gaba and take Becker @ 4/7 and I'll do a write up in about 10 mins. So yeh go ahead with deleting it and I'll hopefully write a more accurate one, or so one would hope :hope[/quote'] That's it done, taken out my post too with the quote. He'll only go and win now :tongue2

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July Marchenko -2.5 games @ $1.83 sportingbet Marchenko is an upcoming solid solid player in the making just finding his feet on the atp tour, while Vliegen is a battered customer who struggles to find any consistency and really doesnt impress me any time he plays. These 2 have played once Marchenko losing 6-3 6-7 6-7 however that was on clay, thiss will be played on fast hardcourt surface which will definitely advantage Marchenko. He is an upcoming guy with quite a few nice performances this year and that should give him confidence leading into this match, vliegen isnt even a shadow of what he was and i see an easy -2.5 for Marchenko

Re: Tennis: 12-25 July

Already taken..... Serra to beat Korolev @ 5/6 (Will Hill: 5/10) Expect price to drop. Serra not really pulling up any trees lately, lost to Starace last week without much fight. But decent player, can be solid on his day and has some results to speak of this year...reaching semi's of Casablanca and Bordeaux on clay. Korolev on the other hand has one clay win this year beating Russell. Leads Serra h2h 3-0 which would usually put me off but wins are hard to come by these days for him. Got crushed by Minar in Stuttgart qualies recently, looks like confidence is low and when you play ball-bashing style like Korolev thats a bad thing. Seems like a good chance for Serra to get a win here.
Top tipping IAG :ok

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July Ward +5.5 games @ $1.80 sportingbet Watched a fair bit of ward at eastbourne a few weeks back, played really well against lopez and schuettler andd ran into a star in the making dogopolov. i believe this guy should be ranked much higher and on harcourt i think he has the game to hang around with fish for a while. His form is very good and while fish is very competent player i think a handicap of 5.5 is plenty for a guy with loadds of confidence

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July Couple of picks for me later on in Atlanta. Benjamin Becker to beat Michael Russell- 4/7 William Hill- 6/10 This is the best price I've seen and have taken it now in case it depreciates further on nearer the game. Becker depends on his power and rocket serving in matches so this match could be decided on how many first serves he gets in. He has had a pretty decent season making the second round in London and first round in Paris. His best surface is grass but his hard court record is not bad either which has been backed up by some good performances this year. His opponnent Michael Russell also got to the second round at Wimbledon but hasn't done a great deal away from this. The American will have to do alot of running in this match which he is quite suited to as he is quick across the court and gives it everything. In my opinion the only way Russell will trouble Becker is if Becker doesn't find his range or his first serve percentage is minimal. Don't think this will be the case though due to Becker's good season so think he will come through this one. Teimuraz Gabashvilli to beat Rainer Schuettler- Evens William Hill- 2/10 Have taken this one purely on recent form and confidence which Gaba is bagged with at the moment. Has had superb performances most notably on clay, reaching the fouth round at Roland Garros and also reached the 2nd in London so confidence should be high in his camp for the match. Rainer is 34 now and hasn't had too much success in the last few years, not making it past the second round in the last 2 years. He can call upon his vast experience to get him out of tricky situations but simply as a result of recent form, favouring Gaba to take a close one.

One pick and off today :rollin ATP Hamburg Mayer over Cuevas 8/10 @1,42 Bwin Mayer played really well this week in Stuttgart, but had problems in some critical moments against Monfils. And he lost it. In first round easy win over Kohli, second round easy against GGL....Florian serve is very good, he is good baseliner and big plus, he is at home. Cuevas played normal tennis last week with a lot of unforced errors, won some matches against Riba and PHM,last year was Pablo in semi-final, but Florian is better today and he played here last year in second round where he lost to Ferrer. H2H is for Mayer..Only 1 match.Last year won in 3 sets on clay, tomorrow i think it will be clear 2 sets match with Florian Mayer's win.
ATP Hamburg Hajek over A. Beck 8/10 @1,72 StanJames Hajek is better claycourter than Andreas Beck. I saw Hajek in Davic Cup in Chile and he played perfect.Really perfect. Great serve with powerfull and accurate forehand is deadly combination. Hajek is in form. He won in Prostejov with Stepanek in final. Beck is without form. He lost to Gojowczyk (362) before two weeks at home in Oberstaufen, and last week he lost to Zabellos. Beck is not good claycourter, he has powerfull serve, but he makes a lot of mistakes in his play. Today Hajek in stright sets.
WTA Bad Gastein 2 picks from Austria today Halep over Voracova 7/10 1,34 Doxxbet Olaru over Woerle 8/10 1, 53 Doxxbet Halep is better than Voracova. H2H is 1:1 but Halep won this year in Fes in two sets. Voracova is ITF player. This year on clay courts 7-5 and Halep 23-9. Halep to win. Olaru was in Final here last year. She playes some good matches this year and Woerle is poor player. Nice odds here and clear win.
WIN:ok WIN:ok WIN:ok WIN:ok Today i am 100% again. I hope that you are betting with me:dude And now:gimme...hahaha...perfect day..from 5 days i am 4 days 100%..money money meney:nana

WIN:ok WIN:ok WIN:ok WIN:ok Today i am 100% again. I hope that you are betting with me:dude And now:gimme...hahaha...perfect day..from 5 days i am 4 days 100%..money money meney:nana
Good work mate, but I find it hard to find value in 1.30-1.60 selections. Sure, they are all winners, but they should be winners. Hajek is a fine shout at the odds, but the rest hold no attraction as singles are the odds are just too short. Just my opinion, however.