** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - 19-25 July

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July Fish deserved favourite for sure. I'd have Fish 1.8. Isner won't do much on return, neither will Fish. I'd rather be on the more consistent server but think a tie-break or two will make the difference. Don't do many underdogs but Isner usually always give you a run for your money. Good luck on Riba and Serra mate. Hope they do the business.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July Ain't got the balls for any singles (so many matches today and tomorrow seem coin tosses), so I'll go for a fluffy low stakes treble that could come through Julia Goerges(Bascinszky) x Golubev + 3.5(Melzer) x Isner-Fish over 23.5 games @ 6/1 Paddy Power Goerges obviously got out of the right side of the bed this morning, serving at 75% against Cornet and if she can just maintain - she should get the better of Timea. Probably go to three though as Timea can go on a tear at any point. Melzer has lost 4 out of his last 5 finals, so history shows he dips a little when it comes to applying the coup de grace to impressive tournaments. Golubev has the credentials to cover this. Isner - Fish has a good chance of being a long one. As IAG said, tie-breaks are likely, and when it gets to that stage, Isner can take set off Fish. :hope

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July You were right mate, Montanes still horrible this week. Set to Riba!! Funny how Montanes can play like an absolute wall at times and then like this. Break Riba, game set and match. Somethng fishy(pardon the pun) going on here though, Montanes looks like he's barely trying now. Nice call though!!!

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July Gimeno-Traver 11/10 vs Hanescu tomorrow in Gstaad. Looks pretty good to me. Hanescu seems to be struggling since that Wimbledon debacle against Brands....losing to Chuidinelli in 2 in Stuttgart and Reister in 2 in Hamburg. Gimeno played pretty well last week, might oppose Hanescu here.

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July Yeah Montanes just looked crap, think he was up a break twice but was making stupid errors in the 1st set. Riba just keeping it in play and waiting. Then Riba kinda gave up towards the end of the 2nd set after being a break up and something like 30-0 or 40-0 on his serve and got broke. Topsy turvy.

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July melzer really pathetic he hed 4 or 5 bp in 6th game of 2nd set and after that 2 cheap unforced errors in the last serving game. Golubev didn't deserve to win 2nd set it was all about melzers mental weakness. He was also 0:30 up in the last game and having pretty easy shot to execute but than lost 4 straight points which were lost by him not won by golubev.

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July

Golubev to beat Melzer 2.9 at pinnacle (5/10) i saw today golubev and he is playing really solid tennis. He is offensive and has very poweful strokes. I know melzer is playing good tennis too but the odds make it a value bet to me. :hope
WIN:ok also got fish to beat roddick! (finally got 1 in atlanta! LOL)

Couple of early ones that I'm taking in Switzerland today. Riba to beat Montanes- 9/4 William Hill- 3/10 Strange to see the odds this high for Riba as he beat Montanes in 3 sets only last week on clay in a deciding tie break. This year, Riba has played on clay far more than Montanes with a decent record. Along with Montanes, he defeated Mathieu last week so he will clearly have some confidence this week, perhaps more so than the Spaniard. The odds are this high based on Montanes performance in Stuggart, played just before Hamburg. He won this tournament, as Monfils retired in the final, but he did beat the likes of Ferrero and Melzer in consecutive rounds. The odds are simply too high for Riba to repeat what he did only a few days ago so willing to take him at this price. Serra to beat Andreev- 5/6 William Hill- 5/10 Serra like the above played in Hamburg last week, being knocked out by Davydenko which wasn't suprising. He did beat Korolev in the first round, which was a good result for the Frenchman, although he did have to hold alot of break points which is the only thing with Serra, when he's not on song, he is a let down. Andreev is just coming back from injury which kept him out of Stuggart, meaning he hasn't played on clay for a little while now. At Roland Garros today he didn't make it through the qualifiers and at Wimbledon he was beaten early on by Daniel Brands. Igor will need a few games to get back into the swing of tennis so can't see him making too much headway in the tournament. They have played eachother twice, both on clay with the scores 1-1, Andreev winning the more recent one. They are both pretty good on clay, but due to the injury to Andreev, Serra should take this one. May be worth doing it with a Bookies that pays or injuries, incase Andreev is stuggling again.
Two losses. Riba should have won from his position, wasting his shots towards end of 2nd set cost him. Realised that both him and Montanes are unprofessional. When do you see the top players lose interest in a match and then suddenly start to play again. 2nd match was also 3 sets and like Riba, Serra had his chances. Small stakes so not a big deal but disapointing considering the positions they were in. :eyes

Ain't got the balls for any singles (so many matches today and tomorrow seem coin tosses), so I'll go for a fluffy low stakes treble that could come through Julia Goerges(Bascinszky) x Golubev + 3.5(Melzer) x Isner-Fish over 23.5 games @ 6/1 Paddy Power Goerges obviously got out of the right side of the bed this morning, serving at 75% against Cornet and if she can just maintain - she should get the better of Timea. Probably go to three though as Timea can go on a tear at any point. Melzer has lost 4 out of his last 5 finals, so history shows he dips a little when it comes to applying the coup de grace to impressive tournaments. Golubev has the credentials to cover this. Isner - Fish has a good chance of being a long one. As IAG said, tie-breaks are likely, and when it gets to that stage, Isner can take set off Fish. :hope
:clap great shout mate

:clap great shout mate
Cheers mate. Although I've still got visions of Isner collapsing or retiring after his strenous week so won't count my chickens just yet :tongue2 Hopefully he pulls through for IAG as well but it's looking uphill.

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July Seriously, he looks beat. When I watched him drop-shot from the back of the court for what looked a perfect height to smack a forehand, it shows he's feeling the heat. 1st serve is gone out the window. Great treble Slider.....:notworthy

Tie-break in the Isner/Fish match: YES @ 4/6 (Bet365:8/10) Isner to beat Fish @ 11/8 (Bet365:4/10)
WIN LOSS. Ah well, would have been great if Isner had snatched it there but wasn't to be. Two second serves from Fish and no return in court from Long John. Really needed that tie-break though, had a nice amount on that.