** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - 19-25 July

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July Not that bad for Monday which normally is for addicts. 4/7 with one canceled. Small profit today. Mathieu was rubbish. Korolev 1/12 on break points including 0/4 on set points are awful stats. Bolelli did the job at least.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July

Good work mate' date=' but I find it hard to find value in 1.30-1.60 selections. Sure, they are all winners, but they [i']should be winners. Hajek is a fine shout at the odds, but the rest hold no attraction as singles are the odds are just too short. Just my opinion, however.
I pretty mutch agree on your opinion.. Btw Michael Russel to beat Benjamin Becker in Atlanta I suspect Becker lost momentum after Wimby and Russel did very well almost reaching third round. 3 set upset for Russell :hope

I pretty mutch agree on your opinion.. Btw Michael Russel to beat Benjamin Becker in Atlanta I suspect Becker lost momentum after Wimby and Russel did very well almost reaching third round. 3 set upset for Russell :hope
I sincerely hope not ;)

WIN:ok WIN:ok WIN:ok WIN:ok Today i am 100% again. I hope that you are betting with me:dude And now:gimme...hahaha...perfect day..from 5 days i am 4 days 100%..money money meney:nana
excellent tipping mate:cheers i trust this is just the beginning? had a pretty good day 2.hoping sporting fingal can keep drogheda at bay in the footie to round it off.problem is i got a pretty hefty stake on em and they hav just recieved a red card b4 half time....

Any thoughts on? Rajeev Ram - Karol Beck
Ram beat him a few tournaments back but think it was on the grass. Both men seriously out of form. Ram's got a big serve and decent net skills but moves like a drunk bear. Beck always makes life tough for himself too and is error-strewn. I'd avoid it.

Good work mate' date=' but I find it hard to find value in 1.30-1.60 selections. Sure, they are all winners, but they [i']should be winners. Hajek is a fine shout at the odds, but the rest hold no attraction as singles are the odds are just too short. Just my opinion, however.
Thank you all :dude and Atko, for me are important winning odds. I betting because i want money and no for big odds. Ok, when i see winner with odds e.g. 2,5 i take it, but when i see e.g. Mayer to beat Cuevas with 1,4 a take 1,4 and not Cuevas to beat Mayer with higher odds (2+). It is simply, no?

Thank you all :dude and Atko, for me are important winning odds. I betting because i want money and no for big odds. Ok, when i see winner with odds e.g. 2,5 i take it, but when i see e.g. Mayer to beat Cuevas with 1,4 a take 1,4 and not Cuevas to beat Mayer with higher odds (2+). It is simply, no?
I understand what you mean. A winner is a winner and profit is profit. However, there's no real skill in taking a 1.4 shot. He/she is expected to win. What's the point in risking big cash on a short-priced favourite? There's just no value in that. I suppose it's just down to different betting styles. I fully respect yours but long term, I don't see the value in risking big stakes to win back paltry amounts. Yes, you are winning money, but if you back a 1.30 shot four times with the same stake and it loses once, you're goosed, as the winnings from the other three won't cover it. I'm not taking anything away from you picking winners, but they are at a price which is too small for me, and I suspect many other punters.

I understand what you mean. A winner is a winner and profit is profit. However, there's no real skill in taking a 1.4 shot. He/she is expected to win. What's the point in risking big cash on a short-priced favourite? There's just no value in that. I suppose it's just down to different betting styles. I fully respect yours but long term, I don't see the value in risking big stakes to win back paltry amounts. Yes, you are winning money, but if you back a 1.30 shot four times with the same stake and it loses once, you're goosed, as the winnings from the other three won't cover it. I'm not taking anything away from you picking winners, but they are at a price which is too small for me, and I suspect many other punters.
Ok Atko, you are very good punter :ok ..your style is your style, my style is my style..and trust me, my style is very profitable..i combine my picks(my policy is 2 matches on card), but i have solo sometimes too...and i hope that picks like Gimeno-T to beat Davydenko or Montanes to beat Melzer or Mayer to beat Cuevas.... have some value for you and for others...Best of luck, see you all tomorrow :beer

Ok Atko' date=' you are very good punter :ok ..your style is your style, my style is my style..and trust me, my style is very profitable..i combine my picks(my policy is 2 matches on card), but i have solo sometimes too...and i hope that picks like Gimeno-T to beat Davydenko or Montanes to beat Melzer or Mayer to beat Cuevas.... have some value for you and for others...Best of luck, see you all tomorrow :beer[/quote'] They are both profitable, and that's all that matters. Maybe I'll adopt your a bit of your style, and vice versa. Sometimes the best thing is to listen and learn form others. Gimeno Traver, Montanes and Mayer are all very good picks at very good prices, ones that I wish I'd followed. As long as we're both successful, that's what matters, but sometimes looking for a bit of value rather than hitting low odds can be the way forward too ;)

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July Didn't realise the Marchenko match was so late. Got that in a double with Hajek(cheers Best3r). Daniel Brands playing tomorrow against Reister. Waiting for Pyscho to pile on Reister and lay into 'Brainless' Brands again :lol Him and ole Rajeev Ram get no love round here.

Didn't realise the Marchenko match was so late. Got that in a double with Hajek(cheers Best3r). Daniel Brands playing tomorrow against Reister. Waiting for Pyscho to pile on Reister and lay into 'Brainless' Brands again :lol Him and ole Rajeev Ram get no love round here.
Lol. Brands is brainless, that's a fact! Though, two crappy Germans playing each other, better stay away from it I guess :rollin

Becker lost the 1st set 6-3 and is 3-1 down in the 2nd . His play is rubbish
Kind of suspected Becker to be out of form but he can still turn it. After Beckers elbow injury he plays bad having problems hitting first serves and doing lots of unforced. Edit: Ok it looks like Russell wins this. To bad if u took Becker but I was hoping for Russell.

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July Becker looked so poor ... he clearly were out of motivation for some unknown reason ... hitting very agressive forhands in last games (just like "come on finish it quickly and i'm going to set down) damn i'm angry when these things happens. Russel didn't looked good at all but yeah, why he can't finish out of motivation german. Du bist schwaine?? Congratz to gaba to fighting it till the end and despite i'm lost everything today i believe in better tomorow, today was a bad day:sad

Win.. Only need two bets on baseball correct now. Sorry for not posting Russell 2.23 @ bwin but it was not the best odds.

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July One early selection for tomorrow... Hamburg: Eduardo Schwank vs Tobias Kamke I feel this match has got upset written all over it. Schwank is on a really poor run of form at the moment. Bowed out of R1 in the French Open to Blaz Kavcic and then did nothing (as he usually does) on grass. He was swept aside pretty comfortably by Juan Ignacio Chela in Stuttgart last week and although he ended up winning the doubles title there, he's still struggling to find form on the singles circuit. He's coming up against an improving player in Kamke. The German defeated Stephane Robert extremely comfortably in the French and went on a decent run in the clay challenger in Furth, losing in the final to Robin Haase. He had a decent Wimbledon, making R3, and warmed up for this tournament by winning a few matches at a challenger in Scheveningen. He comes into this match with more form and more confidence behind him. Schwank is no stranger to a shock - in the past he's lost to home players (was thrashed by Guillaume Rufin in last year's French) and generally does his best work at the start of the year on the South American clay courts. I thought about waiting for the plus handicap on Kamke but in the end I'm going to risk playing the German outright at odds of 2.3. He's in better form than his Argentine counterpart and has a good chance here. - Tobias Kamke at 2.30 with Boylesports (4/10) :hope

Gone for four selections in today's lengthy tennis card... Hamburg: Simone Bolelli vs Simon Greul The value is starting to eke out of the Greul price so I had to do a bit of digging to find the 1.91 I got. I still think it represents good value, however. Bolelli's having a miserable time of it. He's fine on the Challenger tour, winning the Turin event on clay recently, but he really struggles to transform that form onto the main Tour. Bizarrely, his only win on the Tour to date this year came against Simon Greul in the Rome Masters but I think the tables may be changed here. Greul is playing much better. Did fine in Stuttgart, beating Michael Berrer and Gilles Simon, who are both playing better than Bolelli. He does his best work on the clay and a resolute player. He's spar with Bolelli and look to draw out the errors from the Italian. i just can't trust Bolelli to beat anyone on the main circuit right now - it seems he has many mental demons - and I don't think he'll get much joy against a German on home soil. - Simon Greul at 1.91 with Betdaq (5/10) Hamburg: Pablo Cuevas vs Florian Mayer Cuevas burst on to the Tour scene in this tournament last year, making the semi-finals. He's not entirely hit those heights this year but last week in Bastad he approached something of his best form. He's a difficult man to play on clay with a huge kick serve and shots laden with top spin. He's got a tough opening draw against Mayer, a German who made the quarter-finals in Stuttgart, and I can see it being very close. Cuevas' price is perhaps a bit too big considering this is his preferred surface but I can see both men keeping it close on serve. They've met once before, last year on clay, and Mayer won in three sets. I can see a repeat match in terms of sets. Their games match up well and with two big servers involved, I feel the overs line is a little shy at 22.5 games. Reckon this one will be close. - Over 22.5 games at 2.02 with Pinnacle (4/10) Atlanta - Illya Marchenko vs Kristof Vliegen Marchenko is a player who I've liked on the hard courts and I feel he can get the better of Vliegen fairly comfortably here. Vliegen is not the player he once was. Injuries and inconsistencies have curtailed his career somewhat and he now struggles to stay fit and to makes inroads on the main Tour. He's up against a player who is making strides on the Tour. Marchenko has done well in all of the quick-surface tournaments he's entered, making the quarter-finals on a few occasions. He's a young player with a big serve and a nice forehand and is comfortable hitting from the baseline. Vliegen is all about serve for me. It's his biggest weapon but he very rarely gets it flying all the time. He will give Marchenko opportunities on it and I'd expect him to be punished on it. Marchenko plays most of his tennis these days on the Tour and perhaps a level up from the Belgian at the moment. I feel he should be able to cover a -2.5 handicap. - Illya Marchenko -2.5 games at 1.885 with Pinnacle (4/10) Hamburg: Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo vs Fabio Fognini I can understand to a certain extent why this match has been priced fairly close but I still feel Fognini is the better player here and should prevail. Hidalgo has come through the qualifying and has been winning Challenger events, but Fognini is a step up in class to most of the guys he's faced. The Italian very rarely does things the easy way but he often manages to grind out a win. He can be a little frail on serve - Hidalgo's strong point - but he's very adept in rallies and should be able to win the majority of those against Hidalgo. He should've taken the second set against David Ferrer last week in Bastad and had a good French Open, where he took out Gael Monfils. There is a quality difference here and I feel the 1.80 on offer for Fognini is quite generous. - Fabio Fognini at 1.80 with Betdaq (4/10) :hope
LOSS - Bolelli served really well, fair play to him. Good call by Psycho on the Italian too. LOSS - Mayer munched Cuevas. Thought it'd be tight, one that surprised me today. WIN - Marchenko almost choked in the second, covered the handicap though. WIN - Fognini had too much on the deck for Ramirez Hidalgo. 2/4 but a slight loss as the top bet lost. Well done to all winners, picks of the day for me was IAG's tip on Serra and Psycho's shout on Cornet -3, she destroyed her opponent.

Couple of picks for me later on in Atlanta. Benjamin Becker to beat Michael Russell- 4/7 William Hill- 6/10 This is the best price I've seen and have taken it now in case it depreciates further on nearer the game. Becker depends on his power and rocket serving in matches so this match could be decided on how many first serves he gets in. He has had a pretty decent season making the second round in London and first round in Paris. His best surface is grass but his hard court record is not bad either which has been backed up by some good performances this year. His opponnent Michael Russell also got to the second round at Wimbledon but hasn't done a great deal away from this. The American will have to do alot of running in this match which he is quite suited to as he is quick across the court and gives it everything. In my opinion the only way Russell will trouble Becker is if Becker doesn't find his range or his first serve percentage is minimal. Don't think this will be the case though due to Becker's good season so think he will come through this one. Teimuraz Gabashvilli to beat Rainer Schuettler- Evens William Hill- 2/10 Have taken this one purely on recent form and confidence which Gaba is bagged with at the moment. Has had superb performances most notably on clay, reaching the fouth round at Roland Garros and also reached the 2nd in London so confidence should be high in his camp for the match. Rainer is 34 now and hasn't had too much success in the last few years, not making it past the second round in the last 2 years. He can call upon his vast experience to get him out of tricky situations but simply as a result of recent form, favouring Gaba to take a close one.
All you can do is laugh at this really. Becker was absolutely shocking. Russell beat him comfortably without playing well. Both players beaten comfortably so a fair loss :(

Ward +5.5 games @ $1.80 sportingbet Watched a fair bit of ward at eastbourne a few weeks back, played really well against lopez and schuettler andd ran into a star in the making dogopolov. i believe this guy should be ranked much higher and on harcourt i think he has the game to hang around with fish for a while. His form is very good and while fish is very competent player i think a handicap of 5.5 is plenty for a guy with loadds of confidence
LOL wow never ever seen someone play worse , mardy fish is just tapping balls back and ward is plastering everything out amazing

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July Hi guys, 1 more pick for the Hamburg tournament match: MAYER TO D DOLGOPOLOV @ 1.66 on bet365 Florian Mayer is a great clay court player, very talented but struggles with injures. When he is healthy he is one of the top 20 clay court players in the world. He has some good recent form even at Wimbledon (his least favorite surface) defeating Fish and Cilic. Dolgopolov plays more aggressive game and Mayer's good counter-attacking game will provide a good match-up for the German.

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July today i have not much time... M.Gonzalez over Ramos Vinolas 9/10 @1,6 Doxxbet Duque Marino over Tsurenko 7/10 @1,75 Doxxbet Golubev over Granollers 8/ @1,75 Doxxbet Ramos Vinolas is in poor form. He lost in Q but is LL. Gonzalez good performance yesterday against Rochus. Clear win. I saw Marino last week against Rezai. She played nice. I dont know who is Tsurenko, but yesterday she lost her double match and she lost very easy matches before this tournament.Marino is better player. Golubev played well yesterday with Zverev. Granollers is LL to. He is out of form. Golubev serve is doing well and his play from baseline is better than in the past.No doubt, stright sets here...GL

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July Hi guys,2 picks for the WTA Portoroz 1st round matches: PANOVA TO D ERAKOVIC @ 1.61 on betfair ERRANI TO D TATISHVILI @ 1.36 on betfair Erakovic is a player who hits the ball very hard and she is a good player for fast surfaces but for the last year she had poor results in all tournaments. Panova is a talented young Russian player who has three qualifying wins in Portoroz and who defeated Erakovic 6:1,6:1 just a couple of months ago. Tatishvili plays similar to Erakovic - hits the ball very hard and misses a lot of balls. Errani (a winner here in 2008 and a finalist in 2009 losing to Safina) is a good defender and will force Tatishvili to make a lot of unforced errors.

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July Gone for an experimental approach today with a couple of doubles and some shorter singles. Quite a lot takes my eye today... Hamburg: Potito Starace vs Tommy Robredo There is always an element of risk in backing a player who has had a poor season but I'm looking at Robredo here and I can't find any reasons not to back him here. He's played Starace five times and won every single match, including four meetings on clay. That's a huge psychological boost to him. Robredo's form had been iffy up until Bastad, where he made the semi-finals. He was bulldozed by Nicolas Almagro - the eventual winner of the tournament - but before that had shown plenty of guts to come back from behind to beat Andrey Golubev before taking care of Fernando Verdasco. That form is better than anything Starace has to offer. He battered Bjorn Phau yesterday but that result was to be expected. He's had a decent clay court season without pulling up any trees but lost to Andreas Seppi last week in Bastad, a similar kind of player to Robredo. I'm looking at the Spaniard here and if he can find a modicum of his best tennis, he will beat Starace. I'm a believer in stats and a 5-0 H2H is pretty conclusive towards Robredo. The outright odds are generous enough at 1.75 for me to have a play. - Tommy Robredo at 1.75 with Betdaq (7/10) Hamburg: Andrey Golubev vs Marcel Granollers I feel 1.70 is too generous on the Kazakh here. Golubev's hit a bit of form on the clay. His serve out wide is paying dividends and he's hitting the ball very sweetly. His win over a tricky lefty in Mischa Zverev yesterday was impressive and I reckon he'll kick on today against an out-of-form opponent. Granollers is a lucky loser - crashed out to Christophe Rochus, which is not a good piece of form - and has really struggled on the red brick this year. He's more of a doubles player and seems to lack a bit of mental toughness, especially on serve, when playing singles. Golubev seems confident and has sparked up a bit of momentum. I can't find too many reasons why he won't prevail here. - Andrey Golubev at 1.70 with Boylesports (7/10) Atlanta: Janko Tipsarevic vs Kevin Anderson This should be a fairly tight encounter and I'm very surprised to see the overs line at 22.5 at a decent price. Anderson is an ace machine. He's a big guy and fires down bullets at all angles and on a quick court, he won't offer Tipsarevic many chances. The Serbian himself has a fairly quick serve and although stronger from the deck, he may not get a chance to display that if Anderson serves well. The way these two guys play, I can see at least one tie-break here. Neither man has played properly since Wimbledon and it's their first meeting, so it'll take them a bit of time to suss each other out. At a price of 1.943 I think the over 22.5 line is extremely generous considering we have a huge server playing here. A 7-6 6-4 is the minimum needed to cover the line and I think that's possible with the players on show. - Over 22.5 games at 1.943 with Pinnacle (6/10) Hamburg: Nikolay Davydenko vs Florent Serra This is a big week for Davydenko. He'll be hurting after his first round exit to Daniel Gimeno-Traver last week and he won this tournament last year, meaning he has a number of ranking points to defend. He is also in danger of missing out on the ATP Finals in London, where he'd be defending his crown. In short, he has to start making an impact on tournaments. I feel he's got quite a kind R2 draw here though. Serra is a good match-up for him, having won the last four matches in a 4-1 H2H record. He leads 2-1 on clay. However, Serra isn't playing particularly well. He coughed up ten break points against Evgeny Korolev yesterday and the Russian would have taken them if he had a bit more nous. Davydenko is far more savvy when it comes to capitalising on those sorts of opportunities and will punish Serra if he's in charitable mood. The Frenchman is a streaky player and isn't in the best of form. The same can be said of Davydenko, but I feel he might have quite a good week here. The handicap of -4.5 games does appear quite big but he's covered it before against Serra. Feel the Russian might have a bit too much for Serra here. - Nikolay Davydenko -4.5 games at 1.901 with Pinnacle (5/10) Atlanta: Lukas Lacko vs Igor Kunitsyn I quite fancy Lacko to get the job done here over Kunitsyn. The Slovak burst onto the scene at the start of the year with some good performances on the quicker hard courts and conditions in Atlanta should suit him here. He's up against a journeyman in Kunitsyn who has come through the qualies. Decent enough player on his day but throws in too many unforced errors and will offer a chance on serve. Lacko has a big enough serve to get cheap points on this surface and is also pretty confident off both wings. He beat Marcos Baghdatis on grass and made the QFs of a few 250 events earlier in the year and reproduction of that form would see him through here. Kunitsyn has not pulled up any trees recently and although he's had two wins in the qualies, neither Brendan Evans or Nathan Evans are in the same league as Lacko. I fancy the Slovak to take care of this. - Lukas Lacko at 1.714 with Pinnacle (5/10) Hamburg: Juan Ignacio Chela vs Sergiy Stakhovsky Hamburg: Stephane Robert vs Andreas Seppi Going to give a wee double a try here. Chela is a player who does his best work on clay. He's got good movement and court nous and should be too strong for Stakhovsky. Although the Ukranian has improved on this surface, he threw in a dismal performance against Zverev last week and for that alone, I can't back him to win on the clay. He likes to serve and volley and that tactic won't work on a slow surface like this. The conditions favour the Argentine but at 1.40, he's too short for me here as a single. I'm going to risk doubling him up with Seppi (yes, I know, my heart won't enjoy it). Robert has been minging of late but the real reason is that I think the Italian will like the Frenchman's game. He doesn't play with much power and that's when Seppi does his best work. He prefers to move the ball from side to side and be in control of the rallies. Robert's morale will not be high after being skelped by Verdasco last week 6-1 6-1. Although Seppi has last week's Robin Soderling match to get out of system, he's got the perfect opponent to do so with. - Double of Juan Ignacio Chela x Andreas Seppi at 1.88 with Stan James (5/10) Hamburg: Florian Mayer vs Alexandr Dolgopolov I mentioned Dolgopolov as a tasty each way bet for the title but this is probably his hardest match en route to the quarter-finals. Mayer is playing well at the moment and dismantled Pablo Cuevas yesterday. However, Dolgopolov will throw up a few more questions for the German here. The Ukranian has burst onto the scene by playing some very nice tennis. He's got a decent serve and hits the ball with plenty of spin off either flank. He'll be a difficult proposition for Mayer, who is at his most comfortable when sparring from the back of the court with deep groundstrokes. The German has never been a player who can (a) keep fit and (b) keep his form going for a whole tournament. I don't think he'll like the variety that Dolgopolov will throw in. I can see the Ukranian keeping this very tight if he can get a foothold into the match. He's taken a few decent scalps on the clay in Fernando Gonzalez, Andreas Seppi and Albert Montanes this year and I don't see him being fazed by playing a German on his patch. The only thing that is a concern and is keeping the stake down as a result is that this is Dolgopolov's first match since SW19, but I feel he'll be able to give Mayer a run for his money here and the +2.5 game line is handily priced at over 2.00. Small stakes though. - Alexander Dolgopolov +2.5 games at 2.07 with Pinnacle (3/10) Hamburg: Alberto Vinolas-Ramos vs Maximo Gonzalez Hamburg: Fabio Fognini vs Marc Gicquel Fancy an adrenalin-fuelled rollercoaster of a double? Well, I think I've got the one for you here. Gonzalez and Fognini are two players who I think will win but I don't have enough trust in them to cover the handicap. Gonzalez is better than his ranking of 190 suggests. He's on his way back from injury - before then he was well inside the top 100 - and his best surface is clay. I was impressed by the way he dealt with Olivier Rochus yesterday and comes up against a weaker opponent in lucky loser Vinolas-Ramos. The Spaniard is a challenger player who throws up gifts on his serve and Gonzalez will be able to take advantage. This is a big match for the Argentine, however, as a win here would take him to R3 of a 500 series and see his ranking boost significantly. At 1.60, he's just a bit too short as single fodder, so I'm going to double him up with Fognini, who is around 1.50 to beat Gicquel. The Italian is another who has seen his ranking drop and a win here would help him rise back. He got a good win over a similar kind of player in Ramirez Hidalgo yesterday. Gicquel is on the downswing. Has done very little of note this year and won't like the slow conditions in Hamburg. Fognini is very good at moving players around and Gicquel's frame and fitness won't like that. Big-priced double but reckon it's worth a play. - Double of Maximo Gonzalez x Fabio Fognini at 2.29 with Unibet (3/10) :hope