Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Yeh I thought that too Perry. Not having much luck with the 'normal' bets so I'm on a speculative one today. 1pt - First ball of the match to go for four - 6/1 PaddyPower If ever there was a time to take such a bet it may well be today as regardless of who will be batting first we have 4 players in Gayle, McCullum, Warner and Sehwag who won't be afraid to put a loose ball away to the boundary. As I say it's speculative but by no means impossible.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010

Did our man Yusuf not bring the bet home just shy of the target? 5-4 in 6's to Rajasthan?
You are as always bang on the money mate. When I typed that last bet out we was 7 overs into the Rajasthan innings and it was looking dead. Along came Yusuf in the final over to land the dosh though :cash. More than happy with that and a good start to Aldric's glory hunt too so happy days all round :cheers.

Agree with Kev about the sixes in this afternoons game. I think i'll be having a bit of the over 12.5 sixes at evens with medium stakes. If you really fancy there to be some slogging this afternoon then Betfair are offering 11/4 on 14 sixes and over which may be worth a smaller stakes bet too. Good luck all.
Ive had a little go on both... If Delhi bat first.... Warner, Sehwag and Colly could clear this on their own!!
4's have killed me in this innings. 14 of them inside 7 overs. Kings XI only hit 14 in their entire innings. Needed Watson or Pathan in really with such a low target to chase :(.
Have more faith Kev !!! (Although it was getting tense!)
Well, tomorrow is when i start to try and keep my discipline when it comes to what im betting on and my staking plan. Hopefully posting my selections up on the forum more will help.....and its about time i started to do so since i view it for at least an hour a day. Rajasthan Royals vs Kings XI Punjab Bottom of the table, 6 points away from the semi final places and just 5 games remaining for them, it seems unlikely that Punjab will be going any further than the group stage. They chased down a good total of 200 in their last game at Kolkatta with Jayawardene scoring almost 2 runs a ball in his brilliant innings of 110 not out but prior to that their batting and/or bowling had been suspect. Their only other win came at Chennai and that was down to winning a one over eliminator. Punjab's last game will have gave them a much needed confidence boost but Rajasthan will have gained just as much from their win over Deccan last time out. They posted a modest total with only Watson and Fazal getting their eye in but Warne and co. managed to pull off the win with the ball when it seemed unlikely for large periods. Warne himself took 4-21 from his 4 overs. The Royals currently have the worst net r/r of the three sides level on points occupying the last 2 semi final places so need this win badly and will also want to win it convincingly, just as they did in the reverse fixture. The match could hinge on how Warne does against Jayawardene and Sangakarra but for the Royals, Watson looked in good touch in his last innings and could follow up with another good score in this one. The likes of Warne, Pathan, Morkel and Watson are all top quality bowlers and i think ultimately the strength of those 4 have confirmed my thoughts about the way the game will go. 5pts Rajasthan Royals to beat Kings XI Punjab @ 4/5 with Stan James
Top shout marron... and not tense at all.... ran away with it in the end! :cash:cash:cash

Good luck Marron. One for me in the 1st match tomorrow. May well add another one in the morning. 5pts Rajasthan Royals Most 6's vs Kings XI 10/11 Blue Square Quite surprised we're getting this price because the difference in 6 hitting ability between these two sides is pretty big, especially when you think Kings XI's innings is designed to be taken up mostly by Bopara, Sangakkara and Jayawardene, none of whom are reknowned big hitters. Compare that to Rajasthan's top 4 and you've got Lumb, Ojha, Pathan and Watson who can all belt a ball a long way. I admit Rajasthan give up a few 6's with Warne's attacking cricket in the field but I still don't see Kings XI being out of sight. So far in the competition the double R's average 6.1 6's per innings to the Kings XI's 4 per innings which is a pretty big difference and it's basically Yuvraj, Bisla and Irfan - of which will bat below number 5, taking on the Rajasthan top 4 I mentioned along with Jhunjhunwala and even Fazal. Everything points to Rajasthan here, even more so with home advantage so I'll take Warne's men to win the 6's contest.
Just got home with this one, nice one as usual!! :clap Unfortunately can't follow you with the 6's bet as betfair have 9 and under, 10-13 or over 14 sixes.

Ive had a little go on both... If Delhi bat first.... Top shout marron... and not tense at all.... ran away with it in the end!
Yeah was closer than i thought it would be, and in the end it was Warne who was the least economical of the Royals bowlers. Watson kept it tight at his end to really crank up the pressure. Will have a look at tomorrows game now.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Wasn't to be in the 6's bet tonight but a slight profit on the day I guess. When you take the overs on that line and Warner walks for a goober then you've got next to no chance really. Onto tomorrow where I'm going to take 3 bets. 5pts Bangalore Royal Challengers Most 6's vs Deccan Chargers 11/10 Blue Square I suppose on paper Deccan have a powerful batting lineup but as I've mentioned in recent weeks it runs out very quickly. A help to this bet would be if they keep VVS at the top of the innings. He just looks so uncomfortable when he has to swipe at the ball which he'd need to do in order to hit 6's. Gilchrist, Gibbs, Symonds and Sharma can all smoke a ball but that's about it really whereas we have Taylor, KP, Uthappa and most likely Pandey who looks set to come back in who can all hit it big for RCB. One difference though is the quality of bowling attacks. Bangalore's is pretty good and often can be hard to get underneath while the DC's bowling attack is the worst in the competition even with the reinforcements. Bangalore are scoring 6's for fun generally and although there's 6's in the Chargers outfit they've only actually scored 8 of them in their last 3 matches, conceded 16 in that time. The pressure is seriously on them in this game and although Bangalore need to win it won't be doom and gloom if they don't. As always I like backing home sides with this bet and I'm confident Kumble's men will clear the ropes the most here. 3pts R.Harris' Performance Pts - 23&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. This line looks pretty low on what I'd call an all round cricketer. He isn't the best batsman in the world but he can hold it and he's definitely no rabbit. I've seen him win a few games for Queensland with the bat so that's very much a point scoring possibility, especially as he's got the potential to be a big hitter so he might be shoved up the order if a late wicket falls to maximise his scoring potential. He's a pretty decent bowler as well though and when the Bangalore batsmen are trying to attack him at the death he is clever enough to pick up a cheap wicket. He's taken wickets in both his matches in this competition so far and I see no reason why that can't continue here either. Catches aren't beyond him so there's 3 genuine scoring methods available to us here and I think they'll lead to the Aussie getting at least 23pts. 2pts A.Kumble Most Economical Bowler 7/2 Stan James Only 6 bowlers count in this market. Anil Kumble, Vinay Kumar, Jacques Kallis, Andrew Symonds, Harmeet Singh and Rohit Sharma are the 6 we are focusing on here. I really like Kumble in this market. In 9 matches in this tournament he's not yet going at a run a ball which is amazing given how little cricket he's played recently and testament to both his skills as a bowler and a captain. I don't really see an economical challenger here either. Vinay Kumar and Jacques Kallis are going at 8.19 per over and 8.63 per over respectively. Even the Deccan trio aren't watertight. Symonds is going at 7.19 while Singh is going at 7.66 and Sharma 7.87. Kumble is going at 5.94 runs per over so he's well inside the rest on economy rates. I think Bangalore have the more aggressive batting lineup so I'm going to take out the 3 Deccan bowlers because one over can kill all 3 against the likes of Taylor, KP and Uthappa. Kumble is 2.25 runs tighter than his 2 team mates so he looks like a good call here. Kumble opening the bowling would be a slight concern but he's done it in this tournament already and his stats are still so good. None of the Deccan trio open the bowling so they won't get to bowl at Kallis at the start. Kumble could be bowling to Deccan's weak middle order which would be ideal and at 7/2 I'll take the wily fox to be the tightest of the 6 here.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 5pts - Over 11.5 sixes - 5/6 PaddyPower The Chinnaswamy Stadium seems to be a ground for the sixes and 12+ sixes is definitely possible today. In an ideal world RCB will bat first and Kallis will get out early leaving the majority of the 20 overs to the big hitters I've mentioned previously (and Kev has mentioned today) which could see us get close to this total in one innings if not cover it. Deccan are not incable of the big ones themselves however especially with Gilly looking like coming back into form in the last game. Then there's Rohit and Symonds who can come to the party so overall quite happy to back this one. (Once again this has been posted on my phone which means I may not have the best odds so do shop around if you intend to follow me :) )

2pts A.Kumble Most Economical Bowler 7/2 Stan James Only 6 bowlers count in this market. Anil Kumble, Vinay Kumar, Jacques Kallis, Andrew Symonds, Harmeet Singh and Rohit Sharma are the 6 we are focusing on here. I really like Kumble in this market. In 9 matches in this tournament he's not yet going at a run a ball which is amazing given how little cricket he's played recently and testament to both his skills as a bowler and a captain. I don't really see an economical challenger here either. Vinay Kumar and Jacques Kallis are going at 8.19 per over and 8.63 per over respectively. Even the Deccan trio aren't watertight. Symonds is going at 7.19 while Singh is going at 7.66 and Sharma 7.87. Kumble is going at 5.94 runs per over so he's well inside the rest on economy rates. I think Bangalore have the more aggressive batting lineup so I'm going to take out the 3 Deccan bowlers because one over can kill all 3 against the likes of Taylor, KP and Uthappa. Kumble is 2.25 runs tighter than his 2 team mates so he looks like a good call here. Kumble opening the bowling would be a slight concern but he's done it in this tournament already and his stats are still so good. None of the Deccan trio open the bowling so they won't get to bowl at Kallis at the start. Kumble could be bowling to Deccan's weak middle order which would be ideal and at 7/2 I'll take the wily fox to be the tightest of the 6 here.
Even before the Deccan innings... we have 2 non-runners by my reckoning... Harmeet Singh only bowled 1 over (2 required, minimum) and Rohit Sharma didn't bowl at all!! Kohli and White at the end gave RCB 8 6's... which (dare I tempt fate!?) hopefully will be too many for Deccan... :hope

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Im liking the 11/8 offered by most bookies for Kings Punjab to hit more sixes than the Mumbai Indians. Kings have Yuvraj Singh who is beginning to look dangerous, Bisla and Irfan Pathan who can all strike it huge. Furthermore now that they have no chance of qualifying they may go all out attack. They have hit one more six than the Mumbai Indians, who really look weak in the batting apart from Sachin, who is more of a classy player than a slogger. If not I may opt for the safer 11/10 available at Ladbrokes for draw no bet in the most sixes. I may have a look at lineups tomorrow before deciding. Goodluck :hope

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Just the one for me today. I think I'm on at the best price. Although it says 9.5 at 5/6 on the oddschecker site it's 8.5 when you go to the Paddy Power site. 5pts Kings XI Punjab vs Mumbai Indians - Under 9.5 6's 8/11 William Hill There have been 4 matches here in Mohali and we're yet to see more than 7 6's in any one of the matches so far. Today the Kings XI host the Mumbai Indians who despite having a few reknowned 6 hitters having really got going in that department yet. A lot to do with that is that Sachin has been batting long periods of the game and he's not a huge hitter of the ball. He's more touch, class and finesse. Even so we're still taking on the likes of Yuvraj, Irfan, Bisla and the two West Indians - Bravo and Pollard. The big hitting Bangalore and Rajasthan have played here and not produced 10 6's in the match so I'm confident these two won't either unless Pollard or Yuvraj go bonkers. There was only 5 6's in the reverse fixture between the two sides and with the Mohali track playing a bit slow I'm happy to be on the unders here.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 That 6's line was never threatened and Irfan's late 6 brought in the Kings XI most 6's bet for Shanace too. Top stuff all round. 2 matches today. I'll do my bets for both now as I'm off to Tamworth shortly. 4pts Deccan Chargers vs Chennai Super Kings - Over 9.5 6's 5/6 Skybet Two ferocious 6 hitting teams on show here and two fairly easy to hit bowling attacks too. Both attacks have got better since the arrivals of Dougie Bollinger and Ryan Harris but neither are competing with the best attacks in the competition. There's only been one match at Nagpur so far which was the Warne show. There were 9 6's in the match despite Deccan collapsing in their batting innings. Chennai, if they get going could cover this total on their own. The boundaries at Nagpur are fairly big but we've so much hitting power on display here. Vijay, Hayden, Dhoni, Raina and Morkel can all clear any rop for Chennai as can Gilchrist, Sharma and Symonds for Deccan. I expect a pretty high scoring game here and think we'll get 10 6's. 3pts R.Harris' Performance Pts - 25&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. I took Ryan Harris' performance points last time out against Bangalore and he scored 50pts without even batting. As I said before he can bat which could cover the odd 5 and his bowling often picks up wickets in this format as he opens the bowling and bowls at the death. Both Chennai openers like to get after the bowling so he could grab a cheap wicket which would then make his performance pretty much covered. Overs for me again here. And now the 2nd match. 3pts Kolkata Knight Riders to beat Bangalore Royal Challengers 13/10 Totesport What a game this promises to be in the race for the semi finals. Whoever wins this will go onto 12pts with Delhi and Rajasthan but whoever loses will really be staring down the barrel. Bangalore flew out of the traps but are requiring gas and air at the minute. Kolkata are hit and miss but I fancy a hit today. Will Bangalore bring back KP today? I'm not sure they can. They seriously need to do something about this bowling attack and I just wonder if another overseas player will go so that Roelof van der Merve can come back into the side. With the bat Bangalore are fine. They all bat around Kallis and when he gets out the wall goes into for them to bat around. This bowling attack can't stop conceding 180+ though and that's a real concern for Kumble. Kolkata's batting is coming into gear now. Gayle and McCullum may open the innings with Ganguly carrying a bit of an injury but either way they'll make up the top 3. Kolkata's bowling continues to impress and that was with Shane Bond being left out in the last game. He may come back here in place of Mendis although the Sri Lankan's trickery could be put to use again. Murali Kartik hopes to regain his place. On the opening night of IPL1 these two faced off at the Chinaswamy and Brendon McCullum went off his tits smashing 158. That won't happen again but I do think Kolkata are catching Kumble's men at the right time and I'll take the KKR's to edge into semi final contention with a win here. 4pts Over 10.5 6's 10/11 William Hill 16 6's here in the last match on this ground when Bangalore entertained Deccan. I expect a few more tonight too. Gayle, Ganguly, McCullum and Mathews can all go downtown for the KKR's while we've got Uthappa, White, Taylor and even Kohli for the Challengers. This isn't the biggest ground, the wicket is playing lovely at the minute and we've got some big hitters on display. This Bangalore attack is going all round India and half of Pakistan and Bangladesh at the minute so if Gayle gets stuck in this will be weighed in pretty quickly. Overs for me at the Chinnaswamy.

4pts Deccan Chargers vs Chennai Super Kings - Over 9.5 6's 5/6 Skybet Two ferocious 6 hitting teams on show here and two fairly easy to hit bowling attacks too. Both attacks have got better since the arrivals of Dougie Bollinger and Ryan Harris but neither are competing with the best attacks in the competition. There's only been one match at Nagpur so far which was the Warne show. There were 9 6's in the match despite Deccan collapsing in their batting innings. Chennai, if they get going could cover this total on their own. The boundaries at Nagpur are fairly big but we've so much hitting power on display here. Vijay, Hayden, Dhoni, Raina and Morkel can all clear any rop for Chennai as can Gilchrist, Sharma and Symonds for Deccan. I expect a pretty high scoring game here and think we'll get 10 6's. 3pts R.Harris' Performance Pts - 25&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. I took Ryan Harris' performance points last time out against Bangalore and he scored 50pts without even batting. As I said before he can bat which could cover the odd 5 and his bowling often picks up wickets in this format as he opens the bowling and bowls at the death. Both Chennai openers like to get after the bowling so he could grab a cheap wicket which would then make his performance pretty much covered. Overs for me again here. .
Chennai didnt play their part otherwise that 6's bet would've been home and dry... a disappointing 3 compared to Deccans 6.... just the 1 more :wall Top work on Harris aswell, i'm sure he'll be nearer or over 30pts next game? I reckon he got 70pts without batting!

That 6's line was never threatened and Irfan's late 6 brought in the Kings XI most 6's bet for Shanace too. Top stuff all round. 2 matches today. I'll do my bets for both now as I'm off to Tamworth shortly. 4pts Over 10.5 6's 10/11 William Hill 16 6's here in the last match on this ground when Bangalore entertained Deccan. I expect a few more tonight too. Gayle, Ganguly, McCullum and Mathews can all go downtown for the KKR's while we've got Uthappa, White, Taylor and even Kohli for the Challengers. This isn't the biggest ground, the wicket is playing lovely at the minute and we've got some big hitters on display. This Bangalore attack is going all round India and half of Pakistan and Bangladesh at the minute so if Gayle gets stuck in this will be weighed in pretty quickly. Overs for me at the Chinnaswamy.
Nearly there mate. 8 from the KKR. I'm on 14 and over @3.0 with betfair. Not a huge targer for Bangalore to chase, just hope they want to get there double quick and hit 6 6's or more

Sport Cricket
Event Mumbai Indians v Rajasthan Royals
Selection Rajastan Royals
Strength 10/10
Date 11/04/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.22 (Back)
Reasoning Been follwoing this tournament as closely as I can, and this is the first bet I've put up for it. Rajasthan are in good nick at the moment, and fighting hard for a place in the semis. The batting is looking good, with Lumb, Ojha, Watson and Pathan at the top all performing well. They also have decent bowling options and with Warne an excellent captain who seems to have good team spirit at the moment. They are good at defending totals and I think they have a lot of positives here. Mumbai started this tournament excellently and were looking dominant. But they rely a lot on Tendulkar, and lately he hasn't looked 100%. When he fails they struggle to put on a total and although they have good bowling options, especially Malinga and Harbhajan, I prefer Rajasthan in the field. Think this is a pick-em game, and happy to take this price.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 I'm going to get on the over 11.5 sixes at Hills in this first game, Delhi will want to post a big score 180+ after winning the toss and with the hitting power they have in Warner, Sehwag, Gambir, Colly etc I can see them beating the boundary line a few times. If Kings IX do have a big target they will need their big guns like Yuvraj and Pathan to hammer a few sixes themselves. For me, on this pitch, theres a good chance of at least 12 6's today. Good luck all.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Didn't see yesterday's matches as I was at the Luton game but that 1st match was annoying. Only 3 Chennai 6's against that attack. Criminal :sad. Only a small loss on the day though with the other 6's bet never looking a danger. Didn't fancy anything in the 1st match but I'll take a strong bet in the 2nd. Was looking at backing Rajasthan but there's no value at 11/10 IMO. Despite their 8/8 in Jaipur. 5pts Rajasthan Royals Most 6's vs Mumbai Indians 6/5 Skybet This price is very big. Not just because Rajasthan are the home side which I always prefer but because they are a much bigger hitting side than the Mumbai Indians. Mumbai have only hit 41 6's in their 10 matches - an average of 4.1 while Rajasthan have hit 66 DLF maxis in 11 matches - 6 per innings. So bare stats alone favour the Royals in this market. Mumbai's batting has lost the plot a little bit in recent games and Bravo being dropped helps us take on Sachin's men in the 6 hitting show. Duminy can hit it to be fair but not like Bravo can. So that leaves Kieron Pollard carrying the 6 hitting for Mumbai unless they are doing that badly Harbhajan comes in with time to bat. We've got Lumb, Ojha, Watson and of course Pathan who can all clear ropes with ease. Mumbai have only hit 5 6's in their last 2 matches while Rajasthan are hitting just fine. Mumbai have a tricky bowling attack to face but there's every chance Rajasthan won't be needing many 6's to win this so I'll take the home side to hit the most 6's in this 2nd match.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Going to take an in play bet at the interval in this match between Punjab and Delhi. 2pts - Delhi to beat Punjab - 7/1 Bet365 With Delhi only making 111 Punjab are obviously favourites however I envisage a close game given the nature of the pitch. It is taking a huge amount of turn and Delhi are able to turn to Mishra and Sehwag in the spin department who will be a handful on this pitch. I also think Maharoof with his leg cutters could be a very good option for Delhi. A lot will depend on the start the Kings XI get but at this price I'm happy to back Delhi to use home conditions to get them home.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Not to be. Needed a few early wickets to have a chance but as they say if you don't buy a ticket, you won't win the raffle. I'm quite liking that most sixes bet of yours for the next game. Mumbai for all their hitters don't tend to hit a lot of sixes. Lets hope that continues for today:hope.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Jayasuriya returns for Mumbai. The sixes line looks quite low. 4pts - Over 9.5 sixes - 10/11 PaddyPower Having said Mumbai don't hit a lot of sixes that could all change if Jayasuriya gets going. Batting first they will have a bit of a license to go after the bowling and with the likes of Jayasuriya, Duminy, Tiwary and Pollard around they may just get hold of this RR bowling attack. But then we also have the added bonus of Yusuf, Watson, Lumb and Ojha for the Royals to help us out. On paper this line should be covered (if only cricket was played on paper huh? :) )

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 couldn't believe these odds - Rayadu top bat for mumbai - 9/1 skybet He's been in great form recently, has been batting at 4 - he's on the list to bat lower today, but I can't see Satish and Pollard coming in ahead of him so he will probably bat 4/5. Jayasuria could fire but is short of match time, Tendulkar has looked out of sorts last 2 games, I just think this is exceptional exceptional value - so a 2point bet for me :hope Good luck fellas for your 6's bets as well!