** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Mumbai are slight favourites at 4/5 and rightly so in my eyes. Been the best team in the whole competition. Have a great balance of fast bowlers in ZAK and Malinga. Harbhajan Singh is a great spinner, and bowlers who can do a job in Pollard. The question is that will MI stick with Fernando or go with Bravo or Mclaren. I think they'll stick with him, don't really want to be changing a winning team Batting solid and on a good surface they'll more likely get over 160 which is enough for these bowlers to defend. Sachin seems too short odds at 2/1 to be top scorer so i'll keep away from that one but JP Duminy at 9/2 seems decent odds. He's been finding his form in the recent games and is decent against spin so should be able to attack Murali The biggest threat for the MI is Murali and Dhoni. two match winners who have the ability to win the game on there own. Hayden hasn't been in great form and in my opinion Morkel is an average player so alot will be on these two and Raina who has shown to be a match winner as well. Bollinger bowled an excellent spell to get Chennai into the final and maybe Chennai will need another performance to win this one My bet is on MI at 4/5

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 One for me. Should be a cracking final this. 3pts Chennai Super Kings to beat Mumbai Indians 11/10 Boylesports This has the makings of a cracking final and I'm going to go with Chennai who have previous experience in the final, to triumph here. Credit to Dhoni and his men. At the start of the IPL they looked like they couldn't defend 440 let alone 140 but suddenly they have stumbled across a very good bowling attack and with the wickets beginning to really take spin it's played right into the Super Kings' hands. Mumbai have strolled to the final really. Right from the beginning they were never not going to qualify and then in the semi final they destroyed Bangalore really. However their key man in this IPL, Sachin Tendulkar, highly likely to be announced player of the series after this final, has an injury cloud hanging over him and if he doesn't play that would be massive for a youthful Mumbai batting lineup which will look to it's star man to guide them through. With the ball Mumbai have been as good as anything in this tournament but these wickets are suiting Chennai and if their powerpacked batting lineup can get going I think they'll win this final a shade cosily. Even if they don't, their bowlers can now defend totals so it's the CSK's for me here.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Think I Might have found a bit of value.... Raina-man of the match-1pt-12/1-Willhill He is 10/3 to top score, 12/1 for man of the match. Obviously there are other factors, like being on the winning team, but if chennai win and Raina top scores and/or takes a few wickets... He has a good chance in my opinion. He is the all time top IPL scorer and I expect him to rise to the occasion... Not a 12/1 chance IMO.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Was going to sit on the Mumbai outright but couldn't resist a little play. 3pts - Total Match Sixes Over 9.5 - 10/11 Paddypower I would very surprised if the pitch wasn't upto scratch today and if it is half decent I expect a high scoring game. With the players on show a minimum of 5 sixes a piece shouldn't be too much of an ask for two teams who include Pollard, Raina, Dhoni just to name a few. Only small stakes as a collapse from the team batting first can end this bet in the first 20 overs. But hopefully it will be a fantastic final.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010

Think I Might have found a bit of value.... Raina-man of the match-1pt-12/1-Willhill He is 10/3 to top score, 12/1 for man of the match. Obviously there are other factors, like being on the winning team, but if chennai win and Raina top scores and/or takes a few wickets... He has a good chance in my opinion. He is the all time top IPL scorer and I expect him to rise to the occasion... Not a 12/1 chance IMO.
Every chance of coming off if Chennai win this one from here.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010

3pts Chennai Super Kings to beat Mumbai Indians 11/10 Boylesports
And another winner, good day for you mate:clap
Think I Might have found a bit of value.... Raina-man of the match-1pt-12/1-Willhill
Surely this is nailed on. If it is, then :notworthy:notworthy, awesome pick. If not, you've been robbed.
3pts - Total Match Sixes Over 9.5 - 10/11 Paddypower
Good call mate, easy really:clap

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Superb pick Perry, picking a winner of a match is hard enough but to single out one player out of 22 is even harder so well done! Good call on Chennai too Kev. And not to mention the others who have had some winners throughout the course of the tournament (bertie, otter, charlie :ok) The sixes came in for me so ended up +16.2pts for the tournament. Could have been more but then could have ended up quite a bit down too so can't complain. On to the T20 world cup we go and I see that Kev is as sharp as ever with his threads. Hope we can have a good tournament betting wise in the Caribbean :)

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Cracking call that Perry. Fully deserved reward mate. Top call on the 6's too Westy and unlucky with the Mumbai outright. They ballsed that up big time with their batting lineup today. Why put Harbhajan in at 4 when you could stick Pollard in instead :unsure. Excellent thread this, keeping in line with the excellent cricket threads we've had on PL over the last 6 months or so. Well done to all those in profit. I've come out of this losing I think but I'll work out the +/- tomorrow as I've been snowed under with a few things over the last week to ten days. I'll see you all in the world twenty20 thread :nana.