** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Well done Westy! Good shout as Perry mentioned!!! Didn't see the Royals winning that game at all before the match started! Was there a reason Gayle did not play? My bets for the mumbai match are gone already :spank

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Good work Westy yet again :notworthy. 2 for me in the opener tomorrow. 3pts D.Karthik's Performance Pts - 32&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 25pts per stumping. Dinesh Karthik has taken over the captaincy of the Daredevils in the absence of Gautam Gambhir and he's gone up in the batting order as well. That's a positive to us here as he'll have longer to bat and will be more responsible with the bat as well. He's got 3 stumpings and a catch to his name in the 2010 IPL already so he could well score with the gloves, particularly against this attacking Deccan lineup. I think he'll go well with the bat though against a bowling attack which isn't the strongest so I'll take the overs here. 1pt ew A.Symonds Top Deccan Batsman 5/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Andrew Symonds has top scored in Deccan's last two matches with half centuries in both games so he's a big price for a 3rd success here. He's been batting at 4 in this tournament but if VVS Laxman's injury keeps him out of this game I wonder if Deccan will stick Gibbs up to open and Symonds in at 3. Whenever he bats, only Gilchrist can match his strike rate so he'll always be in with a chance of top scoring. I think "Roy" will play himself in before going bonkers because this Deccan batting lineup doesn't have a huge amount of depth. Symonds is in good touch and I'll take him at 5/1.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Looks like this thread may have some sort of curse on it for the top player outrights?!?! Gambhir and Dhoni both tipped as top runscorers are both out injured! Shaun Tait, normally on the money with his T20 bowling especially at the death, doesn't seem to be able to hit a barn door with a handful of pebbles and so far has just 1 wicket to his name in 3 matches!! :wall Still plenty of time of course, just a negative mid tournament update!! Pathan is 4th or 5th in run scorers I think, which is a positive, although Kallis needs hitting with a mongoose to slow him down the way he's playing at the moment!

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Time for me to hit the outright market. May well try and get a few in this over the next couple of weeks. 1pt Kings XI Punjab to win IPL 22/1 Boylesports Stakes are staying small here because I'm backing a side who are yet to win in the IPL this season but I don't think the Kings XI are too far away from being a good side. For me they just lack one bowler. It seems as though Brett Lee won't be that bowler but James Hopes isn't far away and he could be that bowler. Ravi Bopara has been under used with the ball as well which can be improved. Yuvraj Singh is bursting to come out with the bat and it's only a matter of time before he goes bonkers. There's nothing wrong with the batting of this lot really. If they can use a regular bowling attack of Pathan, Chawla, Yuvraj and two others who isn't Sreesanth then they could come home with a wet sail. Half the field qualify here and 4th place is only 4pts away from the Kings XI. Should they beat Chennai then suddenly they are right in the mix at a huge price in an 8 horse race.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Yep one victory could easily turn Punjab's campaign around. One for me in the early game. 3pts - Delhi to beat Deccan - 5/6 (paddypower) Delhi have had two disappointing matches and as favourites they will want to turn things around quickly. They come up against a Deccan side who are very top heavy in their batting line up so if Delhi can take some early wickets they could get into a weakish lower middle order who haven't really done a great deal. Barring Vaas, Deccan's bowling is nothing to be worried about and the Sehwag's and Warner's may get stuck in. It also must be time for one of Dilshan and De Villiers to make a decent contribution as they are quality players and if they do DD will go well. So Im backing Delhi to put their 2 defeats behind them and win this game.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 One bet for me in the early match today, first bet on the IPL for a couple of days which is proberly a good thing after a bad day for me personally on Thursday. 3pts Rohit Sharma - Performance Points 32 & over 5/6 Bet 365 On a pitch that is likely to be good for scoring Sharma could cover this with the bat alone.Normally comes in at five and against a bowling attack that all apart from Nannes has stuggled a little i would expect him to score a few here with the bat.Gilchrist will also turn to Sharma with the ball often and on a pitch that will suite the slow bowlers if any, i would expect him to bowl out his allocation today.In Deccans last two games Sharma has bagged a wicket apeice in each game and coupled with the fact hes a very handy fielder so a catch or two may well come his way.Could cover this with bat or ball so i feel this is a little low and will happily take the overs here.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 3 for me in this 2nd game. Think Kings XI are a big price here but having just backed them outright I'll leave that and attack the side markets. 5pts Chennai vs Kings XI - Over 11.5 6's 10/11 William Hill The only game at Chennai so far in this IPL saw 18 6's and I think we'll see 12 here. Chennai are slapping 6's for fun at the minute and if Haydos has the goose working then he could come close to covering this on his tod. Factor in the other hitters like Kemp, Raina, Morkel and then for Kings XI Bisla, Bopara, Yuvraj, Irfan as well as Jayawardene and we've more than enough talent on diplay to get 12 6's. Neither bowling attack is strong at the minute so I expect a high scoring game with the ball to fly about a bit. Overs for me here. 4pts Chennai Most 6's 11/10 Blue Square Only Blue Square go odds against on Chennai in this market and it's not hard to see why. The bare stats says Chennai have hit 25 6's in their 3 matches in this event while Kings XI have hit only 14. Obviously we shouldn't just take stats on face value like that but a difference of 11 is fairly big. Kings XI aren't the hugest hitters of a ball but they do have Yuvraj in their ranks. Even so there's a lot more powerful and cleaner hitters in the Chennai side and on their own patch I think they'll win the 6's match. 4pts Y.Singh's Performance Pts - 36&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Yuvraj hasn't had a good IPL with the bat so far but he's too good for that not to turn around. It could be that it turns around today. This is a good wicket for batting on and this Chennai bowling attack is powderpuff at best. If he doesn't cover this with the bat then he's got every chance of picking up points in the field. His left arm spin has been very economical and I've highlighted in previous games how Chennai's batsmen come down the wicket to the spinners so he could easily pick up a wicket or two. Add in his quality in the field so 36 isn't a huge line. I expect him to cover this with the bat so I'm on the overs here too.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Wouldve been frustrating if the 6's line was 1 short, with that 6 having been signalled a 4 and not overturned or even asked / referrered.... I suppose its like goals not given that have gone through the net and goals given that have gone through the side netting... fortunately in this case it doesn't matter! Top work all today, nice profit!

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 I'm a bit late to the party here, CSK lost me quite a bit of money, but what a game, really tense Cricket, I will never know how they failed to get 137, you got to love gambling :D, anyways well done on the people who backed the Punjab, next time I'll be the winner :D...

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Have ummed and aahed about playing todays game. Decided I'll have a bet on the match itself. 3pts Kolkata Knight Riders to beat Mumbai Indians 6/4 Skybet After a bright start to the IPL, Sourav Ganguly's side have lost their last 2 matches so the Knight Riders will be itching to stop the rot here. The Mumbai Indians won their opening 2 matches but had their momentum stopped when Bangalore beat them on this ground in their last game. A win here will push either side up to joint top. Mumbai have a decent side on paper but it isn't all clicking yet and they are relying on a few players. They have loads of match winners in their ranks and if it all clicks they will be tough to beat. Kolkata aren't short of matchwinners either though and it appears Chris Gayle will play in this match. Shane Bond, Ganguly, Hodge and Mathews are all capable of winning matches. I think this will be a decent game of cricket. Aside from Zaheer and Malinga, Mumbai's bowlers have gone for a few and if Gayle gets stuck into the opening bowlers then Kolkata will be in a very good position. They are used to defending totals so if Gayle does fire I can see Kolkata winning this one.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 One for tomorrow: 3pts - Chennai to beat Bangalore - 6/5 (totesport) Bangalore have won 3 on the spin and I just feel it will take a lot for a team to win 4 on the bounce in this format of the game. Kallis has been sensational for BRC so far but he is surely due a failure. If this happens it could expose a middle order who have had virtually no time in the middle at all. Chennai will be wanting to put things right after throwing their last game away, they looked a pretty good unit until they decided they didn't want to finish the job. In what should be a close contest I'm happy to back the 'underdogs' in this one.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010

Had MI at 8/13 at Betfred. Nice likely £3 profit Fancy BRC tomorrow at 4/5 at Betfred. Kallis seems to short odds at 15/8 to be top scorer so not going to bet that. Dhoni at 4/1 seems good odds for CSK
Posting up a bet after it's finished is pretty pointless (not to mention annoying) for the rest of us and is against the PL rules. As is putting bets up with no reasoning. Have a look at the fantastic efforts in this thread and try to post a few words why you think Dhoni will top score. As Westy says, he's doubtful with injury.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 One for me at the minute for tomorrow's match. I will hit the side markets but not everyone has priced up yet so that can wait until tomorrow. 4pts Bangalore Royal Challengers to beat Chennai Super Kings 4/5 Skybet I completely agree with what Westy has wrote above, in that it's hard to win 4 games on the trot in this format but I just can't be having this Chennai bowling attack. Bangalore sit top of the table and to be fair look solid with the bat and the ball. Chennai should be a match for anyone with the bat but if their batting does fail, they are highly unlikely to defend much with the ball. Bangalore have the orange cap wearer, Jacques Kallis in their ranks. As Westy said, he's due a failure but I'm not sure it'll come against this Chennai attack. Their new ball bowlers are cannon fodder and it's only really Murali who can keep the runs down. In Praveen and Kumble, the Challengers have two real solid bowling options and if Steyn can get it right they are as good a bowling attack as there is in this event. Chennai will be without their skipper and main player MS Dhoni. It's a massive loss because Suresh Raina is inexperienced as a captain as well as Dhoni's batting power. Justin Kemp looks like a doubt as well so Chennai's strength, their batting, has been hit in the middle. It remains to be seen what the Chennai think tank can come up with on the bowling front to stem the flow of runs. Bangalore are on fire at the minute. They've beaten a good Mumbai side and dangerous Kings XI and Rajasthan sides. Chennai are on a bit of a downer and it may not be easy to recover from losing the super over to Kings XI the other night. Bangalore generally play their conditions well and I expect them to pick up their 3rd win at the Chinnaswamy here.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010

One for me at the minute for tomorrow's match. I will hit the side markets but not everyone has priced up yet so that can wait until tomorrow. 4pts Bangalore Royal Challengers to beat Chennai Super Kings 4/5 Skybet I completely agree with what Westy has wrote above, in that it's hard to win 4 games on the trot in this format but I just can't be having this Chennai bowling attack. Bangalore sit top of the table and to be fair look solid with the bat and the ball. Chennai should be a match for anyone with the bat but if their batting does fail, they are highly unlikely to defend much with the ball. Bangalore have the orange cap wearer, Jacques Kallis in their ranks. As Westy said, he's due a failure but I'm not sure it'll come against this Chennai attack. Their new ball bowlers are cannon fodder and it's only really Murali who can keep the runs down. In Praveen and Kumble, the Challengers have two real solid bowling options and if Steyn can get it right they are as good a bowling attack as there is in this event. Chennai will be without their skipper and main player MS Dhoni. It's a massive loss because Suresh Raina is inexperienced as a captain as well as Dhoni's batting power. Justin Kemp looks like a doubt as well so Chennai's strength, their batting, has been hit in the middle. It remains to be seen what the Chennai think tank can come up with on the bowling front to stem the flow of runs. Bangalore are on fire at the minute. They've beaten a good Mumbai side and dangerous Kings XI and Rajasthan sides. Chennai are on a bit of a downer and it may not be easy to recover from losing the super over to Kings XI the other night. Bangalore generally play their conditions well and I expect them to pick up their 3rd win at the Chinnaswamy here.
Totally agree, all over this. Bangalore have hit form and look strong in all areas, As well as Kallis' runs, Dale Steyn has found his rhythm with the ball. Chennai must have been affected the manor of their defeat to KXIP, Murali looks the main threat, but the Bangalore batsmen can get after the Chennai seamers, Gony & Balaji, Morkel have looked a little predictable. Kemp and Dhoni look set to miss out, so Raina may have to bowl himself or bring in Ntini or the Sri Lankan all rounder, Perera. Think the side with the momentum will take this, hope the mini-moongoose fails too.:D