** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 2 pts - Over 1.5 runouts DC v RCB @ 5/6 There have been 66 run outs so far in this tournament and Dc are the second worst culprits with double figure run outs! Add this poor recent record, with the desperation of a must win match and you (hopefully) get some edgy running and the need for every run possible. Both teams have some sharp fielders in their ranks and at this stage of the season, I like the look of these bets. 2 points - over 9.5 6's The Nagpur pitch hasnt been a massive run scorer, however we narrowly missed out on the 10 6's in the match here on saturday even though CSK only hit 130odd and the match resulted in 9 sixes. Today if you substitute the CSK for Kallis, Pandey, KP (possibly), Taylor, White, Kohli and Uthappa! You have some ferocious hitters! Combine that with Gilly, Mishra, Symonds, Suman, Rohit, Smith it looks good. That is without taking into consideration the leaky bowling attacks who bowl some filth at times.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010

Chennai didnt play their part otherwise that 6's bet would've been home and dry... a disappointing 3 compared to Deccans 6.... just the 1 more :wall Top work on Harris aswell, i'm sure he'll be nearer or over 30pts next game? I reckon he got 70pts without batting!
Harris 24pts for todays game @ 5/6 bet365 Will take some of that considering his last couple of performances.

2 pts - Over 1.5 runouts DC v RCB @ 5/6 There have been 66 run outs so far in this tournament and Dc are the second worst culprits with double figure run outs! Add this poor recent record, with the desperation of a must win match and you (hopefully) get some edgy running and the need for every run possible. Both teams have some sharp fielders in their ranks and at this stage of the season, I like the look of these bets.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Just the one for me today. Agree with Otter in the 6's and I'd be going overs if I was betting but I'd like to see the line covered before I commit at 8/11. Good luck all today. 3pts R.Harris' Performance Pts - 24&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. I have to say, like Perry, I expected we'd be edging towards the 30pt margin by now but instead, despite Harris covering his line of 25 easily last time out, the line has actually dropped! My reasoning for taking this is pretty much exactly the same. Bangalore could get him into bat while even though Kallis is around I still think he can pick up a cheap wicket be it at the start or end of the innings. This line is too low so I'm on the overs again.

2 points - over 9.5 6's The Nagpur pitch hasnt been a massive run scorer, however we narrowly missed out on the 10 6's in the match here on saturday even though CSK only hit 130odd and the match resulted in 9 sixes. Today if you substitute the CSK for Kallis, Pandey, KP (possibly), Taylor, White, Kohli and Uthappa! You have some ferocious hitters! Combine that with Gilly, Mishra, Symonds, Suman, Rohit, Smith it looks good. That is without taking into consideration the leaky bowling attacks who bowl some filth at times.
Those line ups look pretty balanced, plus the simple reason I couldn't decide to go with the overs or not i've taken Paddys 11/2 @ 2pts for a tie in the 6's battle. I can see this going 5-5 or 6-6.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Well halfway through - 1 run out and 5 6's - so half way there! Fingers crossed for 5 more sixes Perry ;) The Ryan Harris bet looks good as well, shame he didn;t get 1 more run so that you just needed a catch....his catching has been awesome!

Just the one for me today. Agree with Otter in the 6's and I'd be going overs if I was betting but I'd like to see the line covered before I commit at 8/11. Good luck all today. 3pts R.Harris' Performance Pts - 24&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. I have to say, like Perry, I expected we'd be edging towards the 30pt margin by now but instead, despite Harris covering his line of 25 easily last time out, the line has actually dropped! My reasoning for taking this is pretty much exactly the same. Bangalore could get him into bat while even though Kallis is around I still think he can pick up a cheap wicket be it at the start or end of the innings. This line is too low so I'm on the overs again.
Woot Woot! I think this is won right? Wicket for Harris on the 1st ball and 13 runs makes this a winner? Gratz to all who backed this :ok :beer

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Good work once again, I don't suspect Harris will be mid 20pts in the player performances for too much longer...;) Ojha going nicely for me as the purple cap holder so don't mind if Deccan manage to qualify for the semis despite not being their greatest fan.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Good call on the run outs otter :clap left it until the last over and the last wicket to come in, but come in it did! The tied 6's bet missed by 2, had Uthappa hung around or someone else contributed it could've been closer. I think there are legs in the bet for future match ups though... Especially in games predicted to be low on sixes... The odds mean you need a tie every 5th game to turn a profit based on the same stake and odds... Anyone know how many matches have had tied 6's totals so far??

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Not sure about stats Perry, but I reckon it's worth looking into - 11/2 looks like healthy odds! Got lucky with the run outs - ironically having wished Dravid and Kallis to get out to enable the 6's bet to have a chance I thought that stood the best chance... however they threw it away a bit! I agree Uthappa was looking good, I just think Kallis batted so slowly it put pressure on Kohli,Robbie, and White to go for big shots that ween't there to be played so early. Good work on Harris as well - never in doubt after his cameo with the bat. I'm looking forward to Delhi v Mumbai tomorrow!

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 On a separate note, following on from Aldric, I've been spotting how much an average T20 match swings and the odds are jumping about all over the place - there is definatley arb potential - i've done a few when a team is 2/1 and then greened out again at 2/1 when they have swung back. Westy spotted it as well when he had a team at 7/1 when that price was too big! Does anyone else trade in t20 games?

On a separate note, following on from Aldric, I've been spotting how much an average T20 match swings and the odds are jumping about all over the place - there is definatley arb potential - i've done a few when a team is 2/1 and then greened out again at 2/1 when they have swung back. Westy spotted it as well when he had a team at 7/1 when that price was too big! Does anyone else trade in t20 games?
Domestically I try to. Work stops me in this tournament. When the 40 over competition starts in England in a couple of weeks time there's a system I use which never goes wrong but I'll save that for that thread ;). I have said in a couple of twenty20 threads that there's money to be made laying the favourites at half time in matches because they nearly always go bigger during the 2nd innings.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Been a bit of an up and down week for me. Balance now stands at +38.90pts for the competition. Double header tomorrow. Interesting 1st match too. I'm taking one bet. Quite a few more I looked at but it's a real 50/50 match I think. 4pts Delhi Daredevils Most 6's vs Mumbai Indians 11/10 Boylesports I'm slightly going against the stats a bit here given that Delhi didn't hit a single 6 in their last match against the Kings XI in a really poor batting performance. However I'm going to back them to bounce back in style here. This is a huge game for Delhi in the race for semi final places. Win and they are as good as there. Lose and they are 2nd favourites to qualify. It's that big. Mumbai are as good as through. This would seal the deal. They may rest a couple of players now but they're not hitting many 6's. They only hit 3 last time out which took their average down to just 4 per innings. Delhi are hitting just under 5 per innings but when you've got Dave Warner playing you are always on the favourites. This Delhi side is powerful and they may not face Mumbai's strongest bowling attack here. Sachin has been batting long periods and he's not a huge 6 hitter. I've taken Mumbai on in this market before and given the lack of 6's they've hit I'll take them on again and go with Delhi to hit the most 6's in the day's opening match.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 I agree with you Kev on the Delhi bet and will feel even more confident if they rest Malinga who is extremely hard to hit for 6's with his slingy trajectory. 2 other bets Over 1.5 run outs - Mumbai v Delhi - 2points @ 5.6 For same reason as yesterday, at the business end of the season, pressure, desperation for runs and the vociferous crowds will hopefully lead to run outs. Add to that Delhi's woeful running between the wickets recently (although i'm sure they will be extra careful today!) . Over 8.5 sixes - skybet 8/11 - 4 points Out of the 5 games at the BS stadium, 3 have cleared this line. However there are 2 factors which make me feel confident today. 1. Delhi!!!!! Warner, Sehwag, Gambhir, Colly, Mishra and Jadev can clear the ropes for fun! If they rest an overseas player add Dilshan to the list. They need to fire today otherwise their place in the top 4 is in jeopardy. 2. There is no real pressure on Mumbai today so they can let the shackles off a bit andwith players like Dhawan, Jayasuria, Pollard, Bravo, Rayaddin, and the long haired fella (can't remember his name) they have big possibilites - even Sachin hit some 6's in the lsat match. add to that Mumbai resting a key bowler and you have potentially fireworks. Warner or Sehwag or Pollard could clear this line alone - hopefully it will be Delhi batsman for reasons mentioned above!

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 0.5pts EW Harbhajan Singh Top Mumbai Batsman - 25/1 - Coral If Tendulkar fails, wich surely hemust be due! then generally Mumbai struggle to score runs, I can't hink of anyone else in the side that has consistently scored runs? Based on that theory, i'm having a speculative EW punt on the big hitting Harbhajan Singh! He has 3 times finished in Mumbai's top 3 batsman in 11 games (I'm reliably informed ;)) which woul ring hme the 5/1 place terms but should Mumbai get skittled 'Bhajji' could well be the one to attempt to lift their score to something respectable! Skybet and others do go 50/1 outright top bat, but after conferring with 'them what is cleverer than me' the each way option is more appealing despite th reduced odds! :hope

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Rayadu - top bat Mumbai @ 7/1 skybet Just don;t understand why he is so big- batted at 3 last time, down to open today. Just too tempting at this price! Delhi without express quick bowlers should suit himas well, so a value bet for me!

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Taking another one post toss. There's no way Mumbai should be this price when they've won the toss. 3pts Mumbai Indians to beat Delhi Dardevils 11/10 Skybet Mumbai have won the toss and will bat 1st on a wicket which Sachin thinks will dry up and get slower. If Sachin thinks that who am I to argue? He's been playing his cricket here for years and years. Mumbai have rested a few players but their side is still strong enough to win this game. Daniel Vettori is a surprise absentee if this wicket is going to play slow and I'm not really sure where AB de Villiers is going to strengthen the side. Admittedly their batting performance was poor last time out but that was mainly running between the wickets on a slow wicket. If this wicket is as slow as it's said it will be then we could easily get a repeat of Delhi's last game where they struggle to score and lose the match. At odds against, with the toss in their favour I'll take Sachin's men to win this one.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 I agree with you kev about AB - why play him? (thats a half century guarenteed for him now ;0) I can see they are shoring up the batting a little but Dilshan surely is the man - he is an amazing batsman who played lower down the order early in is career and can bowl handy spin if required! A puzzler for me when you aready have Collingwood who can play that role - imagaine a top 4 of Warner, Sehwag, Gambhir, Dilshan, backed up by Colly and Mishra -ooooooooooohhhhhh!

I agree with you kev about AB - why play him? (thats a half century guarenteed for him now ;0) I can see they are shoring up the batting a little but Dilshan surely is the man - he is an amazing batsman who played lower down the order early in is career and can bowl handy spin if required! A puzzler for me when you aready have Collingwood who can play that role - imagaine a top 4 of Warner' date=' Sehwag, Gambhir, Dilshan, backed up by Colly and Mishra -ooooooooooohhhhhh![/quote'] :ok

Need 3 wickets sharpish to give 'Bhaji' the best part of 5 overs.... only 15 to beat to get a place and 38 for top spot :hope
After that last over I wish you'd got those wickets mate :(. Pollard doubles his 6's total for the tournament and some in that innings. Delhi chasing 8 6's. I seriously need Warner to come to the party there.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 25 off the last and 50 off the last 3!! good for your Mumbai bet, bad for the Delhi 6's bet!! Like you say... Warner crucial... but Sehwag, Colly e.t.c are more than capable... its a decent target, so they'll need a few!