Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010

One more in the outright market for me. Was always looking to get stuck into the Royals at some point. This price is very acceptable. 1pt Rajasthan Royals to win IPL 20/1 Coral Rajasthan Royals' campaign has shown signs of being similar to two years ago when they won the competition. They started slowly that year then once they got going they never looked back and there's signs that they are doing the same this year having won their last two matches. Personnel wise they're not the best team in the IPL but one advantage they have is Warne as captain. That's never bothered him. Adam Voges has come in and looks at home straight away. Yusuf Pathan is destruction personified. Then there's Shane Watson to come and maybe even a place for Ravindra Jadeja if he wins his appeal. Shaun Tait may just have found his range with the ball and if he has I think the Royals can still be competitive in this competition. There's enough in the lesser players to win matches and having had the experience of winning this I'm happy to be on the Royals at 20/1. That's 2 in this market now. Kings XI at 22/1 and the Royals at 20/1. 3 more I want to back at some stage but if I can get a big price on another one of them as we go along then I can stake a bit more on the other 2 to get a nice position in the market.
How true! Great quote as well! As I said, I missed all todays bets, unfortunately the under 9.5 6's was demolished, almost by Pathan on his own (8!) but at least it puts him back in the chase for that orange cap at 100/1!! He also guarenteed the Rajasthan Win (Tipped by a few, well done those!) and reinforced the value in backing them at 20's for the IPL outright.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see Tait back among the wickets... is that 6 in his last 2 games? I see he's dropped down to 4th choice... no longer opens the bowling but comes back for 2 at the death... seems to be working...
Yep, he's in the logjam on 7 wickets now. 4 behind Murali. He struggles to control that new white ball in Indian conditions. Warne's worked it out and gives it to the control bowlers. Didn't think it would be long before he opened with a spinner. Did it all the time for Hampshire.
How true! Great quote as well! As I said' date=' I missed all todays bets, unfortunately the under 9.5 6's was demolished, almost by Pathan on his own (8!) but at least it puts him back in the chase for that orange cap at 100/1!! He also guarenteed the Rajasthan Win (Tipped by a few, well done those!) and reinforced the value in backing them at 20's for the IPL outright.[/quote'] Always the danger when backing the unders when Yusuf or Yuvraj are around. Was the right bet but if it was going to be shattered then the right man did it for me. Now that Rajasthan are right back in the mix, he has an excellent chance of top scoring. Warne's shoved him up to 3 in the side so he'll get plenty of overs to bat. Could've done with Rajasthan batting 1st in a way because Deccan's bowling attack is no more than cannon fodder. Hopefully Rajasthan bat 1st on Sunday against Chennai as I don't rate their bowling attack much better.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Is afridi set to captain the hawks this year? I'm hoping to get down to the rose bowl a few times this year. On the Hampshire note also where's Dimi gone? Have kolkatta dropped him? And while on the question front! When can we expect to see KP and colly in IPL action?

Is afridi set to captain the hawks this year? I'm to hoping to get down to the rose bowl a few times this year. On the Hampshire note also where's Dimi gone? Have kolkatta dropped him? And while on the question front! When can we expect to see KP and colly in IPL action?
You ask too much :lol. Dimi is the Royals (not Hawks anymore ;)) captain. He's injured at the minute. Out for 2 months. Pothas will captain us in his place. I'm regularly at the Rose Bowl in the summer so let me know when you go and I'll meet you for a :beer :ok. KP and Colly are in India now so if selected they can play from now onwards :ok.

One more in the outright market for me. Was always looking to get stuck into the Royals at some point. This price is very acceptable. 1pt Rajasthan Royals to win IPL 20/1 Coral Rajasthan Royals' campaign has shown signs of being similar to two years ago when they won the competition. They started slowly that year then once they got going they never looked back and there's signs that they are doing the same this year having won their last two matches. Personnel wise they're not the best team in the IPL but one advantage they have is Warne as captain. That's never bothered him. Adam Voges has come in and looks at home straight away. Yusuf Pathan is destruction personified. Then there's Shane Watson to come and maybe even a place for Ravindra Jadeja if he wins his appeal. Shaun Tait may just have found his range with the ball and if he has I think the Royals can still be competitive in this competition. There's enough in the lesser players to win matches and having had the experience of winning this I'm happy to be on the Royals at 20/1. That's 2 in this market now. Kings XI at 22/1 and the Royals at 20/1. 3 more I want to back at some stage but if I can get a big price on another one of them as we go along then I can stake a bit more on the other 2 to get a nice position in the market.
Adding another 1pt to this bet at the 12/1 Boylesports still offer. As short as 13/2 in a place. 12/1 is a big price on a side just coming together nicely.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Going to hit the outright market with another of the sides I want to be on in this IPL. 2pts Kolkata Knight Riders to win IPL 14/1 Blue Square This is another price which is bordering on the big side. With a double figure quote you'd think they had no chance but that's not the case. They are only one win away from joining the large group of teams on 6pts. Slowly but surely they are getting a full squad together. Shane Bond and Chris Gayle are fully on board now and the latest arrival is David Hussey. He'll have a big impact with bat and ball especially on the tackier wickets at Eden Gardens. Brendon McCullum isn't too far away either and that will make up a strong Knight Riders outfit. Their batting is beginning to find some real depth. Gayle's as destructive as they come while the likes of Ganguly, Tiwary and Shah are more than capable as well as the big hitting Hussey. With the ball, Ishant Sharma goes for a few but takes wickets. Shane Bond is pacy which we've seen can cause problems and Murali Kartik is one of the most economical bowlers in IPL3. Gayle and Hussey provide solid spin options and I've not even mentioned Brad Hodge yet. Charl Langeveldt and Agit Agarkar back up the bowling attack and then there's Angelo Mathews' all round capabilities. Kolkata's record is poor for a side with their profile and budget but there's been a real push to rectofy that this year and at 14/1 I don't think they'll be far away when the final shake up arrives. My outright bets now stand at: 1pt Kings XI at 22/1 2pts Rajasthan at a combined 16/1 2pts Kolkata at 14/1 Guaranteed 18pts so far if one of those 3 win.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Backing Kolkata today as well. Was going to go under for 6's but yesterday has put me off that with me having to take on Gayle, Hussey and Yuvraj if I take that today. Will stick to the match itself. 3pts Kolkata Knight Riders to beat Kings XI Punjab Evs VC The bottom two in the IPL do battle this afternoon in Chandigarh and it's a big game for both sides. The case could be made for the Kings XI needing the win more than the Knight Riders and should Kings XI win it will tighten up this IPL even further. Both sides are in poor form. Kolkata have lost their last three while Kings XI have only 1 win from 5 matches. Surely now is the time for Brett Lee to come into this Kings XI side. Shaun Marsh too I suspect. I couldn't believe Romesh Powar was left out against Rajasthan the other day and I'd be surprised if he wasn't recalled. It's with the bat that Kings XI need work. Shaun Marsh was the top scorer in IPL 1 so he can give them a boost. Yuvraj is due to tee off bigtime as is Jayawardene who has been one of the disappointments of this IPL thus far. Kolkata welcome David Hussey into their side. Angelo Mathews could be the one to make way for him having flattered to deceive a bit after a big start to the tournament. Chris Gayle will look to score heavily having made a half century on his debut. Shane Bond and Ishant Sharma lead the KKR attack but Murali Kartik should go well on this Mohali wicket. Sourav Ganguly is leading his men well in the field but could do with a nice innings himself. Talent wise I think Kolkata edge this, as they have done in every meeting in the IPL but they are frustrating in that they haven't fulfilled that talent. Kings XI are really struggling this year. Injuries haven't helped but their star batsmen have let them down. Even their win this term was via a super over and a tad fortunate. Kolkata have done nothing wrong really and at Evs they are the call today.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Pretty easy win for Kolkata that. Probably ends the Kings XI outright bet but it's the smallest of the 3 so I don't mind that. Still 8 games to go though so nothing is decided yet. Kolkata mainly single figures now. One for the 1st game tomorrow. Note to Perry - This is an early game mate ;). Remember the clocks go forward tonight so it's an 11.30 start (and late games 3.30 starts from now on) :ok. 4pts Rajasthan Royals to beat Chennai Super Kings 6/5 VC Two sides going in opposite directions in this IPL do battle in Ahmedabad here. Rajasthan have won their last 3 matches and will go joint top for a few hours if they win here. Chennai are now 2nd from bottom but a win will have them tied on points with Rajasthan in the logjam on 6pts. Rajasthan lead the head to head between the two sides 3-2, including the final of IPL1. I can't foresee Rajasthan making any changes. Ojha's place could be under threat but I'm not sure of Rajasthan's wicket keeping options so I'd imagine he'll keep his place. Aaron Finch, the Victorian batsman has joined the squad but the 4 overseas players are pretty much booked into this side at the minute until Shane Watson arrives. Yusuf Pathan will be hoping to continue his fireworks from Friday on this ground. Chennai have problems with their bowling attack. Murali aside, Dhoni hasn't been able to find anyone to stem the flow of runs and like Deccan the other day, that's dangerous when Yusuf Pathan is around. With the bat there's no huge problems for the Super Kings although their defeat to Kings XI can't be too far from the mind. Mumbai chased down 180 easily enough against this lot and with Yusuf Pathan in the opposition 200 may not be enough. As I've said before in this thread, this format is about the bowling attacks. Batsmen will score runs, it's a given. It's who can stop the runs the best will win. I can't be having this Chennai bowling lineup. Along with Deccan's it's the weakest in the IPL. Rajasthan are coming together at the right time and there's no way they should be 6/5 against this Chennai attack. Maybe VC are taking the chance on Yusuf failing. That could happen but in Lumb, Voges and Fazal there's enough to win games with the bat if Yusuf does fail. Very much the Royals for me here.

Pretty easy win for Kolkata that. Probably ends the Kings XI outright bet but it's the smallest of the 3 so I don't mind that. Still 8 games to go though so nothing is decided yet. Kolkata mainly single figures now. One for the 1st game tomorrow. Note to Perry - This is an early game mate ;). Remember the clocks go forward tonight so it's an 11.30 start (and late games 3.30 starts from now on) :ok.
Early post from Kevshat = Early bet from PerryPFC !!! I Don't know if I should be slightly offended by this reputation I seem to have gained!! Either way, I'm grateful for the early post (Despite being fortunate in the bets I missed!) and the sarcastic time / clock issue reminders! Cheers Kev!

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 One bet for me in the early match today. 7pts Chennai to hit the most 6s 11/10 William Hill Im all over this one, so far in the ipl this year Chennai have hit eight more sixes than the Royals.But when you consider 70% of the Royals maxiums have come off the bat of Yusuf then Chennai should have the edge in this market.The Chennai batting order is its self packed with big hitters that can clear the rope and in a market where we effectivly get four or five men against one at odds against im all over it.

Early post from Kevshat = Early bet from PerryPFC !!! I Don't know if I should be slightly offended by this reputation I seem to have gained!! Either way, I'm grateful for the early post (Despite being fortunate in the bets I missed!) and the sarcastic time / clock issue reminders! Cheers Kev!
Was only joking mate ;). Good start for Rajasthan but I wouldn't mind someone getting out and getting Yusuf in against this bowling "attack" :hope.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 2 for me in the 2nd match. Having to really restrain myself to not get involved on Mumbai at 8/11. If they go any bigger I'm on though :loon. 4pts Deccan Chargers vs Mumbai Indians - Over 12 6's (No tie) 11/8 Sportingbet Having played a couple of home matches in Cuttack, Deccan head back to Mumbai for a supposed home match against the Mumbai Indians :lol. The DY Patil Sports Academy Stadium is the ground which was used for the opening match of this year's IPL which saw 12 6's in a fairly low scoring 161 vs 150. As I said when I took the overs in that match, this is a ground which gives 6's out. In a match against Mumbai here in IPL 1, Adam Gilchrist hit 10 6's on his own in a blistering century. Similar today will be nice Gilly :lol. We've bags of hitters in this match. Bravo, Pollard, Tendulkar, Dhawan, Gilchrist, Gibbs, Symonds and Sharma can all hit cricket balls a long way. This Deccan bowling attack can dish up hits as well. There is an over 11.5 line out there at 10/11 but the difference in price for one 6 is big enough for me to risk the higher line here. 3pts S.Tendulkar's Performance Pts - 31&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. I'm slightly going against my methods on twenty20 performance bets but Sachin is in terrific form at the minute. He's hit 3 half centuries in this competition so far which is only 5 overs old for the Mumbai side. Against this bowling attack I think he could well fill his boots again. There's nothing in it to stop him scoring runs and if he gets himself in I fully expect 31 runs from his bat at least. Obviously we get a third of this target covered if he takes any catches which would be a bonus but there is no demons in this Deccan bowling attack which could still be reeling from Yusuf's heroics against them the other night so I expect to see Sachin cover this total.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Is there an official IPL stats site? I looked on the IPL site and found 2008 and 2009 stats but not current 2010 stats unless I'm looking in the wrong place? I'm trying to find things like team 6's, player 6's and bowlers conceding the most 6's e.t.c. Cheers in advance!

Is there an official IPL stats site? I looked on the IPL site and found 2008 and 2009 stats but not current 2010 stats unless I'm looking in the wrong place? I'm trying to find things like team 6's' date=' player 6's and bowlers conceding the most 6's e.t.c. Cheers in advance![/quote'] I use cricinfo for stats mate. You can't go far wrong there :ok.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Good day for the Shaun Tait outright bet. He picked up 2 "free" wickets in his last over to go into 2nd place, 2 behind Murali who the Rajasthan batsmen just played out rather than looked to attack. Then news came through that Vaas has been left out by Deccan to boost the day. Vaas is one behind Tait at present.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Sathish - mumbai to bat - 1pt 9/1 skybet 9/1 is huge for someone batting at number 4 in T20. Chargers won toss, so hopeful of a few cheap wickets and them some quality time at the crease. Not much ther reasoning than value!

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Been away in Finland for last week, but some impressive stuf guys in this thread! Can't beliee the run that the RRoyals have put together - didn't see that coming! How long has Rosenthal been presenting the matches - a much better choice, he's a natural, Solanki speaks a lot of sense as well!

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Better day for me. Rajasthan won to get it off to a good start and although the 6's didn't come in for the 2nd game, Tendulkar limited the damage. That 6's bet was annoying. 24 4's and only 3 6's in Mumbai's innings :eyes. +3.3 for today to add to the 3pts picked up yesterday. Up to +12.9pts for the tournament with a couple of outrights going nicely and a couple more with potential. If there is a downside today from a personal point of view it's Mumbai winning bringing their price down further. They are one of the two sides I want left on my side in this event and was hoping I could catch them at some kind of price. Not to be. May leave it and cover them in the playoffs unless they lose a couple between now and then. Westy's nailed the best price on them though :clap:clap.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Just the one for me today. Kind of fancy Kolkata to win but I've got the outright on them and the records of these two don't really justify a bet. 4pts Delhi Most 6's vs Kolkata 11/10 Blue Square Delhi are on their own patch here and I reckon they are a good bet to hit the most 6's. Even with Chris Gayle around Kolkata aren't the biggest hitting team going round the IPL. Delhi have a powerpacked batting line up with the likes of Warner, Sehwag, de Villiers and Karthik around. Paul Collingwood could even play for the Daredevils this afternoon as well. Kolkata have Gayle and Hussey but hitters aren't frequent in their side. With Dirk Nannes opening the attack there's a chance he'll nail Gayle with a short, tight ball and that would hamper Kolkata's 6 hitting. Although there's pace in Kolkata's attack there's nothing stopping Delhi's line up from teeing off. Delhi have 24 6's in the tournament to date to Kolkata's 18. Admittedly Delhi don't play at Eden Gardens but it's still a big enough difference to merit taking Delhi at the 11/10 offered.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Struggling to get to time to do any proper research for these games so just may do the wise thing and follow the excellent tipping on this thread :) Having said that i'll take a risky little bet now that Delhi are batting first. 3pts - First over runs over 7.5 - 4/5 PaddyPower There is no Bond for Kolkata so that should help us here. Warner tends to take first hit for Delhi and he is known to get stuck in right away. Dinda usually takes the first over for KKR and he likes to pitch it up which is exactly where Warner and Sehwag like it. All we require is two balls to go the fence so these two guys are more than capable of doing that.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Good work with the most sixes Kev! One for today. 3pts - Over 9.5 sixes - 10/11 William Hill Kumar Sangakarra is out through a slow over rate ban which means the Aussie Shaun Marsh will come in and if he's in good touch he will surely help us with this one. On paper both teams have four or five players who like to clear the fences and I feel if we get a 160 v 160 kind of game, this total should be covered. My only concern would be if Punjab bat first and get rolled cheaply which is why it's only a 3pt bet but gut instinct favours 10 or more sixes for this one.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 And one more. 1pt - Dwayne Bravo to topscore for Mumbai - 8/1 PaddyPower This looks a really big price for an international player of Bravo's calibre. It looks even bigger when you consider that he batted at 3 in the previous game and should feauture in the top 4 again. He looked in good touch against Deccan so there is clear value here. If Tendulkar fails and he is due then one of the other guys needs to stand up and there's no reason why it cannot be the West Indian against a low on confidence Kings XI team.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Just the one for me today. Going against Westy :$. 4pts Mumbai Indians vs Kings XI - Under 9.5 6's 10/11 William Hill The Brabourne Stadium isn't a huge 6 hitting ground. There were 17 6's here in the 1st game here but 8 of them came from Yusuf Pathan's bat which won't happen too often and unless Yuvraj went totally bonkers it won't happen today. In the other two matches here so far there has been 7 6's when Mumbai hosted Bangalore and just 3 when Mumbai hosted Kolkata. Chennai, possibly the biggest 6's hitting side Mumbai have faced here this season and certainly much bigger hitting than the Kings XI hit 180/2 which got chased down with an over to spare and that match only yielded 9 6's. I don't think under the lights we'll see a bigger scoring match than that. Kings XI average 4 6's per match in the IPL so far and Mumbai 4.5 6's a match so if we get a match similar to performances so far then we're due for a maximum of 8.5 6's. I think the wicket here is a bit tacky and although we're taking on the likes of Bravo, Pollard and Yuvraj I think the unders is a good thing here.