** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010

Hmm Mumbai 8/11 to defend 180 odd? No Malinga but nevertheless 180 is never easy to chase especially on a sluggish pitch.
The way Delhi are playing, doesn't seem like the pitch is effecting them, they are off to a fantastic start. One six so far, bring on another 7 more sixes :hope

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Another run outs bet in - skybet are offering 6/5 for the next match for over 1.5 run outs - again both teams need to win to stay int he tournament, so I'm going to take this excellent price with a 3 point bet. Especially as Ganguly and Gayle are susceptible to poor running!

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Thankfully Mumbai limited the losses on that 1st match. Now for the 2nd one. Just the one bet for me. 4pts Chennai vs Kolkata - 13 or more 6's 6/5 Sportingbet I expect a pretty high scoring game tonight with some real big hitters on show. We've got the likes of Vijay, Hayden, Dhoni, Raina and the returning Albie Morkel on our side for the Super Kings and for Kolkata we've got one of the biggest of them all in Chris Gayle. Ganguly is no mug with the 6's and neither is Angelo Mathews or Brendon McCullum. Neither have bowling attacks you'd fear in any situation either. The MA Chidambaram Stadium isn't the biggest ground in the world. We know that from when Rajasthan were here. More importantly is the wicket appears to be playing well. In matches here so far 3 of the 5 have covered this total. 30 against Rajasthan, 18 vs Deccan and 13 against Bangalore while the two that haven't had 5 against Mumbai - not a big hitting side, and 8 against Kings XI who don't hit big either. That was the super over match where both teams made 136. The fact there was only 8 6's highlights the potential on this ground. We've plenty of hitters on show here and with sportingbet being well out of line with their price compared to those offering over 12.5 6's which is the same bet, I'll take the 6/5 for at least 13 6's.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 KKR to hit over 51.5 runs - 5 pts - 5/6 skybet As Kev has already alluded to, this pitch should have plenty of runs in it, with boundaries relatively easy to come by. This total should be well within the reaches of Gayle, McCullum and Ganguly who won the toss and chose to bat. The pitch is due to turn so they will want early runs on the board. Albie Morkel also returns for CSK who has been very expensive with the ball and hopefully Gayle will have the opportunity to take him apart. Skybet priced up Mumbai to hit 50.5 runs in the previous match and there is no comparison between the scoring potential of Mumbai and KKR in the first 6 overs. Likewise this ground is much higher scoring than the BS Mumbai stadium. The line looks low so i'm lumping on :hope

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Quite a few have opened with spin against Warner haven't they? Certainly Powar opened against him on Sunday and I recall Gayle has as well. It's fine doing it on a turning track like this one but if it doesn't turn he'll just come down the wicket and plonk it out of the ground.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Tricky match for betting purposes this one but it should be a cracking watch given the almost knockout nature of it. I'm just taking one today and hoping for a bit more fortune than yesterday. 3pts R.Uthappa's Performance Pts - 33&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per wicket & 25pts per stumping. Although Jacques Kallis is the chief runscorer for the Royal Challengers, for me their star has been Robin Uthappa. His big hitting has set up and indeed won many a game and he'll probably fancy his chances of filling his boots against this Rajasthan attack which has the potential to be more than a trifle leaky. He's also going well behind the stumps and has pulled off 3 stumpings in the tournament already as well as 5 catches in the 7 matches he's kept wicket for. He looks at home with the gloves which is a surprise to me but with a strong scoring method with the gloves and a very confident batting option too I'll take the Indian powerhouse to cover 33pts this afternoon.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 I'm glad you said that - have looked at the markets 3 times now and just can't pick a bet out. The lines all look fair and nothing is jumping out - even the top run scorers look in proportion. Think i will just kick back and watch this one and look for an in running opportunity. Good luck with Uthappa! Great player!

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Found one!!! :nana Kohli top RCB batsman @ 15/2 Bluesquare - 1 point He should bat at 3-5 in the order, if RCB bat first I really can't see Dravid batting higher than him even though he has been in great touch of late. Kohli is a potential prince of Indian cricket and has been in good form in this IPL. He, like Uthappa and others in the RCB batting order have had to almost give their wickets away in matches in pursuit of quick runs, due to the relatively short time spent at the crease due to the excellent form of Kallis. Kohli is 3rd in RCB batting records this season, scoring his 247 runs at an average of 30.87 with a healthy strike rate of 147. Kallis is streets ahead, but at 9/4 there is no value here. Uthappa who is 2nd has scored 318 runs but has batted an extra innings to Kohli averaging 35.33 helped by a not out sc ore of 68. I just think 15/2 is a big price for the 3rd highest run scorer for RCB, when his peers like kallis 9/4, Pieterson 4/1 and Uthappa are 5/1. :drums

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 This one could go either way but the toss and price has tilted my head toeards the Royals. 3pts - Rajasthan to beat Bangalore - 11/10 Bet365 Rajasthan have won the toss and elected to bat which I feel suits their game more than chasing. If they can get to 160ish then Warne's captaincy skills and motivational skills could come into play once again when defending a total. Bangalore are expected to reach the semis and I feel that pressure will continue to tell as we've seen in the last few games. At 11/10 Im happy to take the Royals with home advantage and the Shane Warne factor to win this one.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Gone for one other - .5pt Amit Paunikar top Royals batsman @ 11/2 skybet For no other reason than "Amit reminds me of Aravinda de Silva," Warne speaking at the toss. He's down to bat 3/4, and with Watson, Lumb, Ohja and Pathan all 4/1 and under, it's a decent price if he is indeed anywhere near the little legend Aravinda!!!

Tricky match for betting purposes this one but it should be a cracking watch given the almost knockout nature of it. I'm just taking one today and hoping for a bit more fortune than yesterday. 3pts R.Uthappa's Performance Pts - 33&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per wicket & 25pts per stumping. Although Jacques Kallis is the chief runscorer for the Royal Challengers, for me their star has been Robin Uthappa. His big hitting has set up and indeed won many a game and he'll probably fancy his chances of filling his boots against this Rajasthan attack which has the potential to be more than a trifle leaky. He's also going well behind the stumps and has pulled off 3 stumpings in the tournament already as well as 5 catches in the 7 matches he's kept wicket for. He looks at home with the gloves which is a surprise to me but with a strong scoring method with the gloves and a very confident batting option too I'll take the Indian powerhouse to cover 33pts this afternoon.
Great call Kev :ok 26 runs + 1 catch by Uthappa ftw! :cheers Warne to Uthappa, OUT, appeal for stumping as he misses out on that switch hit. Replays shot that while he was stuck on the line for a second, a minute part of his foot slid back over it by the time bails came off. And he has given him out! Third Ump! "You make up your own minds at home. You saw it," says Jeremy Coney on air. :( He should still be on the pitch.. that wasnt out based on the replay I just saw..

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Hi guys, really enjoying this forum. Some excellent stuff! I fancy the following bet for tomorrow: R.K. Raina performance points 35pts & over @5/6 bet365 Points scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch and 20pts per wicket. He's in fine form with the bat averaging over 50 for his last 3 games and has picked up a wicket in each of those games. What u guys think?

Hi guys, really enjoying this forum. Some excellent stuff! I fancy the following bet for tomorrow: R.K. Raina performance points 35pts & over @5/6 bet365 Points scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch and 20pts per wicket. He's in fine form with the bat averaging over 50 for his last 3 games and has picked up a wicket in each of those games. What u guys think?
I think you've said it all mate. I have a method I use when I take performance bets and he fits it. Looks like a good bet to me :ok.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 I was trying to avoid total 6's markets now after the pitches have begun to slow up but I can't miss this one. It's my strongest bet of IPL3. 7pts Chennai vs Delhi - Over 10.5 6's 5/6 William Hill Hills have priced me in here. Skybet have their 10.5 line at 8/13 for the overs. Paddy Power are 5/6 for the overs on a 12.5 line so this price and indeed line is pretty ridiculous. On Tuesday, Chennai played Kolkata here. Kolkata were 19/4, failed to make 140 but yet there were 10 6's in the game and that's with Gayle, Ganguly, Hussey and McCullum offering one 6. Delhi have this powerpacked batting lineup who could fill their boots on a wicket which although is showing a bit of turn, is still playing perfectly well. 3 matches have seen this line covered comfortably and I think this will be too. Delhi may well be a bit cautious with their running but what better than to smoke a few out of the park? Dave Warner hasn't caught fire recently but he will do and it could be here. Sehwag, de Villiers, Collingwood, Karthik, Vijay, Hayden, Raina, Dhoni and Albie Morkel will all keep Warner company with the big hitting and although I'm wary of taking the 6's markets at this stage of the competition, this line just looks too low given the personnel on offer and the shortish boundaries they are hitting over. A strong bet on the overs for me.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 4pts - Chennai to beat Delhi - 10/11 Bet365 I'm happy to take on Delhi today, they really haven't impressed me in this tournament and despite their star names they look like a bunch of misfits who just cannot gel as a unit. On the other hand it would appear that Chennai are starting to come into form nicely and a bowling attack that previously looked weak is now starting to look good with the impressive Bollinger being backed up by the likes of Murali and Ashwin. I think the Chennai crowd really get behind their team and I'm backing that to play a major part in helping the Superkings overcome a low on confidence double D's team.

I was trying to avoid total 6's markets now after the pitches have begun to slow up but I can't miss this one. It's my strongest bet of IPL3. 7pts Chennai vs Delhi - Over 10.5 6's 5/6 William Hill Hills have priced me in here. Skybet have their 10.5 line at 8/13 for the overs. Paddy Power are 5/6 for the overs on a 12.5 line so this price and indeed line is pretty ridiculous. On Tuesday, Chennai played Kolkata here. Kolkata were 19/4, failed to make 140 but yet there were 10 6's in the game and that's with Gayle, Ganguly, Hussey and McCullum offering one 6. Delhi have this powerpacked batting lineup who could fill their boots on a wicket which although is showing a bit of turn, is still playing perfectly well. 3 matches have seen this line covered comfortably and I think this will be too. Delhi may well be a bit cautious with their running but what better than to smoke a few out of the park? Dave Warner hasn't caught fire recently but he will do and it could be here. Sehwag, de Villiers, Collingwood, Karthik, Vijay, Hayden, Raina, Dhoni and Albie Morkel will all keep Warner company with the big hitting and although I'm wary of taking the 6's markets at this stage of the competition, this line just looks too low given the personnel on offer and the shortish boundaries they are hitting over. A strong bet on the overs for me.
Price on overs has dropped dramatically to 4/7 :(

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 pakelly, it is known as the 'Kevshat effect' ;) Another one for today. 4pts - MS Dhoni 39pts & over - 5/6 Bet365 This is a big game and in big games I like to look at the big match players and Dhoni certainly falls in that category. He hasn't had much of a batting role in the last few games but you'd think he'd be required today batting at number 4. His glovework is also excellent and with Chennai occasionally fielding a spin quartet (Murali, Ashwin, Jakati and Raina) you'd favour a stumping or two to come his way. A stumping and 14 runs with the bat covers this total so I'm happy to go with CSKs captain on this one.