** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Rotten day for me today, the 2nd in a row. Albeit slightly unfortunate with both teams I backed looking good at half way or at least through 15 overs for Kolkata and then both imploding :sad. Could've got out of it a bit better had Hodge not had a catch dropped off his bowling (was Dhoni on 0 as well :eyes) or not slapped a long hop straight down mid wicket's throat. So pretty frustrating and me going to Cheltenham for the next 3 days has come at a good time so that I can have a break and re-assess a bit before picking it up on Saturday. I will leave with one for tomorrow though. 6pts Delhi Daredevils vs Mumbai Indians - Over 7.5 6's 5/6 Skybet There's been plenty of hype around this wicket at the Feroz Shah Kotla after the ODI was abandoned there in December but the curator has had 3 months to sort that out and given the punishment which was handed to them for that, I can't believe they would let it continue for another huge event which is watched all over the world. The curator says this wicket will be rock hard and we have to believe that. If it is rock hard this line is stupid. Ok it's not the smallest ground in the world but we could well have Warner, Sehwag, Bravo, Jayasuriya and Pollard on show. Not to mention a few others who can clear the ropes with their eyes shut. Both bowling attacks are pretty decent but we're only looking for 4 6's a piece. Sehwag or Warner could do 8 on their own. Overs for me which would've been a 10pt over if we had some statistical evidence that the wicket has been sorted out. Even so if we do get this rock hard wicket this total will be obliterated.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010

saw Dhoni, im on him outright so wont complain with 66 runs added to the cause.:) might just sit out trying to predict the winners of these matches from now on.
You won't be too pleased to know that Dhoni's out for at least 10 days with that elbow injury. Big blow to Chennai's hopes I would think. I quite fancy Mumbai to beat Delhi today but I'm on them outright so contemplating whether to have a little bet on them anyway.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 In both matches yesterday backed under 1.5 run outs @ 1.60 in each match in a multi The second match there were so many outstanding chances for a run out, I'm surprised I still won especially when the two Chennai batemsen collided and Sharma needed to catch the ball and to take the bails off :rollin I may just back it tonight again

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 4pts - Dinesh Karthik 31pts & over - 8/11 (bet365) Delhi's openers will be key for them once again but should an early wicket fall, pressure will be on Dilshan and De Villers who haven't done much so far. So it could come down to Karthik to play a good knock at number 5 and 31 points look well within his reach with the bat alone. But he does have the back up option of a catch or stumping which look quite likely given the good form of Nannes up front and then the spin of Mishra later. All in all Im happy to take the Delhi keeper to cover this line.

6pts Delhi Daredevils vs Mumbai Indians - Over 7.5 6's 5/6 Skybet There's been plenty of hype around this wicket at the Feroz Shah Kotla after the ODI was abandoned there in December but the curator has had 3 months to sort that out and given the punishment which was handed to them for that, I can't believe they would let it continue for another huge event which is watched all over the world. The curator says this wicket will be rock hard and we have to believe that. If it is rock hard this line is stupid. Ok it's not the smallest ground in the world but we could well have Warner, Sehwag, Bravo, Jayasuriya and Pollard on show. Not to mention a few others who can clear the ropes with their eyes shut. Both bowling attacks are pretty decent but we're only looking for 4 6's a piece. Sehwag or Warner could do 8 on their own. Overs for me which would've been a 10pt over if we had some statistical evidence that the wicket has been sorted out. Even so if we do get this rock hard wicket this total will be obliterated.
Winner within the first 20 overs :ok And Karthik covered the 31 points for me and Mumbai are starting to look impressive so all in all a good day.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 great shout Kev! I couldn't believe that line was 7.5!!! Great stuff! Interestingly enough it wasn't the players I would perceive to be the six hitters who did the business! The non international Indian players really batted well! Nice work as well Westy - 3 fours in a row settled the issue pretty well! 2 bets for me tomorrow! 3 points - Under 10.5 sixes in RCB v RRoyals @ 5/6 Skybet I'm going against the good form and wicket for the challengers. I'm hoping for the Royals batting first, getting skittled and then easy run chase from Bangalore. Royals will be hit hard by injuries and I'm backing inexperience to tell for Lumb if he plays / lack of match practice for Martyn if he plays. Either way the replacement for Mascarenhas is not likely to be a six hitter either and Pathan can't wave his magic wand and hit big scores under pressure every time. RCB look good, but in a potentially one sided match, I'm prepared to back the unders; especially when you look at the potential 6 hitters on show in this game in comparison to the Dehi v Mumbai match!!! 1 point - Uthappa top bat for RCB @ 5/1 skybet I like Uthappa, Kallis is due a failure and I reckon he will get the opportunity to bat plenty of overs. 5/1 looks big to me so happy to take this price. Very nearly went for Ojha to be top bat for Royals but will keep a watching brief this time!

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 So onto tomorrow and spent a while looking at this and one bet that stands out for me may come back for another tomorrow after i have slept on it. 8pts Bangalore v Rajasthan -Total Match 6s over 9.5 10//11 William Hill I feel this is too low and should be covered with ease, on tuesday over 400 runs were scored here and there was twenty sixes hit.The Royals have there problems yes after losing there first two games Smith and Mascarenas have both been ruled out for the rest of the season.But the track at Bangalore is a belter and with both these teams looking very ineffective with the ball i cant see any of these teams being bowled out cheaply here.Confident there will be plenty of runs,fours and more than enough sixes to take this.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Am in cheltenham but logged in on the phone for a quick check. I'd be on the overs today. Not betting because i'm not around but there's enough hitters and 2 weakish attacks. Hopefully Lumb will go well today, he hit a 50 against England for England Lions last month and is an outside chance of making England's world twenty20 squad. If Pathan plays and gets in we're laughing plus Bangalore have Uthappa and Morgan among others who can smoke it a long way. Wicket here is always a good one so i'd side with Bertie on that 9.5 line. 10 would be nice!

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 One more for me on todays match 4pts Naman Ojha players performance 26 and over -5/6 bet365 Ojha is a talented wicket keeper batman and has batted at no 3 in the first two games and could even open here with the Royals missing Smith.On a good pitch i would expect Ojha to cover this with the bat alone and may well bag a catch or two off the pacey Tait or quite possibly a stumping of Warne.Ojha covered this is the last game and on a good batting deck i would expect the same here.

3 points - Under 10.5 sixes in RCB v RRoyals @ 5/6 Skybet I'm going against the good form and wicket for the challengers. I'm hoping for the Royals batting first, getting skittled and then easy run chase from Bangalore. Royals will be hit hard by injuries and I'm backing inexperience to tell for Lumb if he plays / lack of match practice for Martyn if he plays. Either way the replacement for Mascarenhas is not likely to be a six hitter either and Pathan can't wave his magic wand and hit big scores under pressure every time. RCB look good, but in a potentially one sided match, I'm prepared to back the unders; especially when you look at the potential 6 hitters on show in this game in comparison to the Dehi v Mumbai match!!!
Pretty damn perfect summary!! And the night BEFORE the match! Thats some crystal ball! Shame I went for overs!! :wall

3 points - Under 10.5 sixes in RCB v RRoyals @ 5/6 Skybet I'm going against the good form and wicket for the challengers. I'm hoping for the Royals batting first, getting skittled and then easy run chase from Bangalore. Royals will be hit hard by injuries and I'm backing inexperience to tell for Lumb if he plays / lack of match practice for Martyn if he plays. Either way the replacement for Mascarenhas is not likely to be a six hitter either and Pathan can't wave his magic wand and hit big scores under pressure every time. RCB look good, but in a potentially one sided match, I'm prepared to back the unders; especially when you look at the potential 6 hitters on show in this game in comparison to the Dehi v Mumbai match!!!
Top shout that man :clap

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Thanks guys - Royals look desperately poor without Smith, Jadeja, Mascarenhas and Watson! Plus they are at a disdavantage because they do not have any of the marquee indian players - all the same havent had the best of runs with bets recently so will happily take that!

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Been a little busy so havent been able to get involved in as much matches as I would have liked to but got some time for tomorrow's games. One to start with. 5pts - Delhi v Chennai over 10.5 sixes - 10/11 (William Hill) There is no Dhoni for CSK and Gambhir for Delhi, both ruled out with injuries and are fairly big blows for their teams. However that won't stop me from taking this line on as both line ups are still loaded with big hitters. Parthiv Patel will replace Dhoni and most likely Warner will replace Gambhir. The latter will help us out a great deal for this particular bet if he gets his eye in. There is also the small matter of Sehwag and Hayden not to mention the Raina's and Albie Morkel's of this world so sixes look somewhat of a certainty without tempting fate. The pitch at the Feroz Shah Kotla played pretty nicely last time around with Mumbai smashing sixes galore in their first innings and with the batting talent on show I'm happy to go over 10 sixes here.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 just been looking at the cricinfo preview and completely agree with you Westy! Dilshan, Hayden and Raina are all due a knock and it only needs two batsmen to fire to rack up the sixes in what should be a close match. Hopefully Delhi will see sense and give Warner a whack, Sehwag could clear the line himself and hopefully Morkel will get some batting time! Its a shame about the skippers being out especially MS but there should be enough power in the players on show on a hard wicket to bring home the money. Same bet but 4 points for me.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 One more for the day game. 3pts - Matthew Hayden 28 points & over - 5/6 (Bet365) Hayden is yet to fire in this tournament and will want to put that right today. He looked in good touch in CSKs opening match against Deccan before he played a very unusual shot for his standards and then got out to a pretty good delivery against Kolkata so you cannot say he's out of form. With the absence of Dhoni, there will be additional responsibilty for Hayden to give Chennai a good start before he tees off. Weighing up everything, the 28 points looks a low line for a player of Hayden's calibre so I'm happy to back it with a 3 point bet.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 he needs to use his mongoose bat.:lol Justin Kemp 10/1 top Chennai bat with Ladbrokes, good enough for me. With MS missing:puke, ideal opportunity for the big South African to open his shoulders. Just hope Hayden & Raina dont use up all the overs getting big scores.:ok

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 The mongoose certainly did the job today. +7.05pts for the day, will have to dig through the thread to see what I am overall for the tournament at some point too. You cannot expect too much from the ITV production, it is their first go at it after all. I'm just glad there's some cricket to watch ;).

Rotten day for me today, the 2nd in a row. Albeit slightly unfortunate with both teams I backed looking good at half way or at least through 15 overs for Kolkata and then both imploding :sad. Could've got out of it a bit better had Hodge not had a catch dropped off his bowling (was Dhoni on 0 as well :eyes) or not slapped a long hop straight down mid wicket's throat. So pretty frustrating and me going to Cheltenham for the next 3 days has come at a good time so that I can have a break and re-assess a bit before picking it up on Saturday. I will leave with one for tomorrow though. 6pts Delhi Daredevils vs Mumbai Indians - Over 7.5 6's 5/6 Skybet There's been plenty of hype around this wicket at the Feroz Shah Kotla after the ODI was abandoned there in December but the curator has had 3 months to sort that out and given the punishment which was handed to them for that, I can't believe they would let it continue for another huge event which is watched all over the world. The curator says this wicket will be rock hard and we have to believe that. If it is rock hard this line is stupid. Ok it's not the smallest ground in the world but we could well have Warner, Sehwag, Bravo, Jayasuriya and Pollard on show. Not to mention a few others who can clear the ropes with their eyes shut. Both bowling attacks are pretty decent but we're only looking for 4 6's a piece. Sehwag or Warner could do 8 on their own. Overs for me which would've been a 10pt over if we had some statistical evidence that the wicket has been sorted out. Even so if we do get this rock hard wicket this total will be obliterated.
4pts - Dinesh Karthik 31pts & over - 8/11 (bet365) Delhi's openers will be key for them once again but should an early wicket fall, pressure will be on Dilshan and De Villers who haven't done much so far. So it could come down to Karthik to play a good knock at number 5 and 31 points look well within his reach with the bat alone. But he does have the back up option of a catch or stumping which look quite likely given the good form of Nannes up front and then the spin of Mishra later. All in all Im happy to take the Delhi keeper to cover this line.
great shout Kev! I couldn't believe that line was 7.5!!! Great stuff! Interestingly enough it wasn't the players I would perceive to be the six hitters who did the business! The non international Indian players really batted well! Nice work as well Westy - 3 fours in a row settled the issue pretty well! 2 bets for me tomorrow! 3 points - Under 10.5 sixes in RCB v RRoyals @ 5/6 Skybet I'm going against the good form and wicket for the challengers. I'm hoping for the Royals batting first, getting skittled and then easy run chase from Bangalore. Royals will be hit hard by injuries and I'm backing inexperience to tell for Lumb if he plays / lack of match practice for Martyn if he plays. Either way the replacement for Mascarenhas is not likely to be a six hitter either and Pathan can't wave his magic wand and hit big scores under pressure every time. RCB look good, but in a potentially one sided match, I'm prepared to back the unders; especially when you look at the potential 6 hitters on show in this game in comparison to the Dehi v Mumbai match!!! 1 point - Uthappa top bat for RCB @ 5/1 skybet I like Uthappa, Kallis is due a failure and I reckon he will get the opportunity to bat plenty of overs. 5/1 looks big to me so happy to take this price. Very nearly went for Ojha to be top bat for Royals but will keep a watching brief this time!
Been a little busy so havent been able to get involved in as much matches as I would have liked to but got some time for tomorrow's games. One to start with. 5pts - Delhi v Chennai over 10.5 sixes - 10/11 (William Hill) There is no Dhoni for CSK and Gambhir for Delhi, both ruled out with injuries and are fairly big blows for their teams. However that won't stop me from taking this line on as both line ups are still loaded with big hitters. Parthiv Patel will replace Dhoni and most likely Warner will replace Gambhir. The latter will help us out a great deal for this particular bet if he gets his eye in. There is also the small matter of Sehwag and Hayden not to mention the Raina's and Albie Morkel's of this world so sixes look somewhat of a certainty without tempting fate. The pitch at the Feroz Shah Kotla played pretty nicely last time around with Mumbai smashing sixes galore in their first innings and with the batting talent on show I'm happy to go over 10 sixes here.
One more for the day game. 3pts - Matthew Hayden 28 points & over - 5/6 (Bet365) Hayden is yet to fire in this tournament and will want to put that right today. He looked in good touch in CSKs opening match against Deccan before he played a very unusual shot for his standards and then got out to a pretty good delivery against Kolkata so you cannot say he's out of form. With the absence of Dhoni, there will be additional responsibilty for Hayden to give Chennai a good start before he tees off. Weighing up everything, the 28 points looks a low line for a player of Hayden's calibre so I'm happy to back it with a 3 point bet.
Top top work over the last few days guys. Missed out on betting myself today but advised a couple of people who text me at Cheltenham on a few winners so I've managed to keep my eye in ready to pick up betting again tomorrow. In true sods law style I've picked a tricky day to come back :lol.
The mongoose certainly did the job today. +7.05pts for the day, will have to dig through the thread to see what I am overall for the tournament at some point too. You cannot expect too much from the ITV production, it is their first go at it after all. I'm just glad there's some cricket to watch ;).
Never saw the game today, how quickly did he go for the mongoose, Westy? Interesting that he put a score up today after 2 failures with his normal bat. He never opened with the goose did he? Completely agree with you on the ITV coverage. They'll improve. The other thing to remember is they only got the contract 7 days before the event so finding presenters and pundits at short notice won't have been easy.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 I didn't get to see the start of Chennai's innings myself but cricinfo suggests he called for it after 9 balls. I wouldn't attribute too much to the bat though, it was just another typical swashbuckling Hayden innings that I'm sure he would have been able to play with his normal stick.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Ta mate. Like you say, he's more than capable with any piece of wood really. Good to see Haydos in good touch. Could do with a real innings from Pathan again tomorrow. Not as much as Rajasthan do though :eek. Taking him on though. Want to go under on the 6's for a similar reason to Otter in their last game but I've gone under and walked into Chris Gayle in the past and have learnt my lesson the hard way there :sad. Just this one for me in the opening match. 1pt ew P.Dogra Top Rajasthan Royals Batsman vs Kolkata Knight Riders 15/2 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) I think Paras Dogra is a cracking ew price here. Rajasthan's batting seems to be getting worse by the game although it's not overly surprising given the injuries they have. Even so they haven't helped themselves out much signing Damien Martyn. That's as good a waste of IPL money as there is IMO. Adam Voges joins up with the side to give them some international quality about the side and take some of the pressure off Yusuf Pathan. We've seen with Notts and indeed Hampshire that he can play the 20 over game. He may need a game or so to acclimatise to the conditions though so I'm happy to pass him over and miss out Yusuf as well because it's not easy to carry a side. Paras Dogra has gone well in this IPL so far. He stood at the other end as Yusuf started the pyrotechnics in Mumbai but still made 41 in quick time and then made a solid rebuilding 29 in Rajasthan's 2nd game. He was a bit unlucky in the last game with the Royals going like a deck of cards around him so I'll let him have that one. He averages over 50 in twenty20 cricket with close to 35 in first class cricket and just under 45 in list A cricket. Dogra's clearly no mug. Admittedly he's just getting going in his career but that 53 average in this format shows he's taken to it and at 15/2 in a batting lineup with has a lot of issues at present I'm more than happy to take Dogra to come up trumps.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 At the innings break Rajasthan have made a useful 168 in their twenty overs and I'm going to back them to defend it. 3pts - Rajasthan to beat Kolkata - 11/10 (paddypower) The pitch is taking a bit of turn and RR have 3 spinning options in Warne, Voges and Pathan. If and it is a big if Tait can get his radar right early on and take some early wickets, the going could get tough for KKRs middle against some handy spinners.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2010 Mumbai v RCB - Tare top Mumbai batsman @ 6/1 skybet Expected to bat at 3, so should have the opportunity for mach time - I feel that the lesser known indian players have good value and I will take 6/1 for a promising batsman, capable of clearing the ropes with a healthy strike rate of 134. 3/1 for Tendulkar etc. is just a bit short for me.