Thursday 15 October 2009HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gifEl Salvador v Honduras (01:05 BST) 4.33 3.6 1.66 110.85 %
maximize.gifTrinidad and Tobago v Mexico (01:05 BST) 8 4.5 1.3 111.65 %
maximize.gifUSA v Costa Rica (01:05 BST) 1.57 3.75 4.75 111.36 %

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15 Argentina are in a whole world of shit quite frankly. Maradona doesn't have the first clue what he's doing. Tactically he's all over the place. His team selection looks to be cocaine enduced, and the players don't have a clue what they are supposed to be doing. They are extremely lucky that they got a win last night, with a late late winner. However, they can forget winning at Uruguay, as at the moment they are much the inferior team. 2.88 to win in Montevideo? I'll lay that all day, 24 hours a day. Uruguay are very strong at home, and score for fun there too. If they beat Argentina, and Ecuador beat Chile, Argentina won't even make the playoff. Ecuador have an uphill task to beat Chile, but Chile have also qualified. Will they put out a few youngsters? Would Chile like to see the Argies out? We'll soon see.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15 Are Northern Ireland really 10.0 to beat the Czech's? For a must win game, that price is massive on the Irish. In my opinion. They are poor away from home, but all it takes is for them to stiffle the Czech Republic, catch them on the counter attack, and to take a 1-0 win. Stranger things have happened. Also, 1.92 is a fair price for a rejuvinated Belguim side to beat Estonia. I'm sure they will be looking for a morale boosting win over a side that have only beaten Guinea, Moldova and Armenia at home in the last year. Bosnia are a decent shout at home to Spain @ 4.6. Spain have already qualified, whilst Bosnia may be looking to claim a big scalp at home before they tackle the play offs. I agree about Uruguay. Some of Argentina's defending was comical against Peru. I'd lean more towards over 2.5, because Argentina still have quality forward players that are going to create chances. Away under Maradonna, they are almost guaranteed to concede. England to beat the handicap (whatever is on offer). Don't be fooled by the poor showing in Ukraine. Although, we have qualified, I'm confident England will want to put on a show in our last qualifying game. Belarus are an improving European side, but our pace and movement will cause them problems. James will be back in goal, which means more communication along the backline. I'd go with 3-0 England.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15 Why do you think the game in the Czech Republic is a must win one for NI, Jase? Effectively it's a friendly as neither team has anything to play for - bar a miracle if San Marino beats Slovenia, but then again it's the Czech win that is needed, not the Irish. Nonsense to bet on anything, the Czechs will probably go on to win, but app. 1.22 means they are unbackable.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15

Why do you think the game in the Czech Republic is a must win one for NI' date=' Jase? Effectively it's a friendly as neither team has anything to play for - bar a miracle if San Marino beats Slovenia, but then again it's the Czech win that is needed, not the Irish. Nonsense to bet on anything, the Czechs will probably go on to win, but app. 1.22 means they are unbackable.[/quote'] ahhhhhh....sorry, I still thought N.Ireland had a chance. Back the Czech's to beat then handicap then. N.Ireland have a realy poor aay record and nothing to play for. You're right. Straight win odds are laughable.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15 I agree re England on te handicap, hopefully -2, Capello will have them fired up and it doesn't matter who plays for England s they are all playing for a place at the WC. Belarus are improving but not enough to bother England. One that catches the eye is Lichenstein to beat Wales at a massive 6/1, the welsh injury problems are well documented and while Lichenstein are no world beaters they have had some decent results at home. I think +1 is the safer bet if we can get it as it could be a draw, but I would not go near wales at 4/11

One that catches the eye is Lichenstein to beat Wales at a massive 6/1' date=' the welsh injury problems are well documented and while Lichenstein are no world beaters they have had some decent results at home. I think +1 is the safer bet if we can get it as it could be a draw, but I would not go near wales at 4/11[/quote'] I'd agree with this had they not lost at home to Azerbaijan last match in a somewhat convincing fashion. Also, don't be mislead by the result in Finland - Wales were good value for their draw for 70 minutes before the experience of Finland began to show and they won the game. That said, Wales had a one-on-one after that and should have scored, really. I don't know what it is but Toshack usually gets his kids playing quite well for some inane reason because there's only a handful with any real ability. As you said, however, there's no value in the away win so it may simply be wise to steer clear or take a chance on the draw.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15 Turkey v Armenia draw @6.5 Armenia beat Belgium 2-1 and even scored yesterday against spain so it won't surprise if they finish in draw here as well.Turkey have no motivation anymore and will only play because they have to.Home odds are too short,don't think Armenia will beat them away so choose middle option wich is draw :)

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15 Kazakhstan to upset Croatia? Croatia are missing few players,if i'm right :Olic,Petric,Modric are all out.Also morale should be low as well as they know Ukraine will "probably" beat Andora so Croatia is out of WC i would say. Draw at @7.00 or under 2.5 -don't know price yet

Turkey v Armenia draw @6.5 Armenia beat Belgium 2-1 and even scored yesterday against spain so it won't surprise if they finish in draw here as well.Turkey have no motivation anymore and will only play because they have to.Home odds are too short,don't think Armenia will beat them away so choose middle option wich is draw :)
This could be a decent bet. Not sure how the Turkish players will take the resignation of their coach though.

One that catches the eye is Lichenstein to beat Wales at a massive 6/1, the welsh injury problems are well documented and while Lichenstein are no world beaters they have had some decent results at home. I think +1 is the safer bet if we can get it as it could be a draw, but I would not go near wales at 4/11
I'm pretty certain Wales will win to be honest. Leichenstein are missing some players and are worse than Wales technically. I echo the sentiments about not reading too much into their loss away in Finland and their recent poor results. They have a lot of hungry youthful players coming through the ranks. 4 of which have been added to the Welsh squad for this game. Good acca material in my eyes.

I agree re England on te handicap, hopefully -2, Capello will have them fired up and it doesn't matter who plays for England s they are all playing for a place at the WC. Belarus are improving but not enough to bother England.
I'm dropping the handicap option since hearing the news that Wayne Rooney is out. No bet for me now. I'm just not convinced that England are potent enough in front of goal minus Defoe and Rooney. Carlton Cole never impresses against anyone and Heskey is unlikely to turn into a goal machine overnight.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15 Group 1

Denmark v Hungary 19:45 1st v 4th – Reverse Fixture (0-0) Denmark are through, Hungary have a mathematical hope of qualifying but with only a + 1 goal difference, not likely. Hungary have to rely on the other 2 teams losing against the 2 bottom teams. Denmark have 10pts from a possible 12 at home, only drawing with Portugal. 1.5 odds for Denmark at home and with Hungary realistically without hope of qualifying seem to be worth adding to an accumulator.

Portugal v Malta 19:45 2nd v 6th – (0-4) should be a formality for Portugal against the bottom team who have gained only 1 point. Handicap odds look to be the option for this match. The -2 handicap for the home side has been a winner in all of Malta’s away matches.

Sweden v Albania 19:45 3rd v 5th – (0-0) another formality but in all likelihood Sweden will be just playing for pride as Portugal are a point ahead and should not slip up. Home win odds of 1.17 are not really appealing but will add to my accumulator. Sweden have not been prolific scorers at home and Albania are yet to score away from home. Will probably go for the under 2.5 in this match.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15 Group 2

Greece v Luxembourg 19:00 2nd v 5th – Reverse Fixture (0-3) Greece need to win to keep their hopes of winning the Group or a playoff spot, should be a similar result to the reverse fixture so Handicap odds again for the home side. Since Luxembourg’s win away to the Swiss, they have gotten worse - Six of their nine matches to date have gone over 2.5. Switzerland v Israel 19:00 1st v 3rd – (2-2) The Swiss need a point to ensure winning the group, Israel need the win and hope Greece slip up at home to Luxembourg to hope for a playoff. Considering the previous meeting, a draw would not be out of the question. Latvia v Moldova 19:00 4th v 6th - (1-2) Latvia have a really outside chance of getting a playoff, with a +2 goal difference, they need Greece to lose to Luxembourg and a something like a 7-0 win on Wed. Moldova have 1 away point against Luxembourg which says it all. The -1 handicap has come in three times for the home side in Moldova’s away matches.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15 Group 3

CzechRepublic v Northern Ireland 19:30

3rd v 4th - Reverse Fixture (0-0) Another team relying on results elsewhere is Czech Rep. but with N.Ireland’s record away from home totalling 4 points (3 of those against San Marino) you can’t but look at the home win. A No Bet considering the odds but 1.33 for the home win is another to add to the accumulator. Poland v Slovakia 19:30

5th v 1st – (2-1) Poland are aiming for 4th position in the Group and that’s all. Slovakia need more than a draw to ensure winning the group. Don’t know if the conspiracy theories about their last match against Slovenia are true, because that could backfire on them if it is. It should be a fairly open match so I will go for the Over 2.5. San Marino v Slovenia 20:30

6th v 2nd – (5-0) Slovenia are in pole position for the playoff spot and could win the group if they win and results go their way elsewhere. Slovenia have not conceded in their last 3 matches and against the whipping boys of Europe with a goal diff of -43, you can only see winning margin of at least 3 for the visitors. Will go with the -2 handicap on Slovenia.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15 Portugal v Malta This is an obvious -2 handicap match for me. Anything less than a win will mean placing their fate at the hands in the Albanian team. Although Cristiano Ronaldo is absent, i think Portugal's quality is tenfold better than Malta. Greece v Luxembourg Another -2.5 handicap match for me.Greece has to win this and a draw will give Israel a chance to qualify for the play offs instead. In fact if they win the next match, they do have a chance to top the table. I think you can trust Gekas to add a few more to his goal tally. Switzerland v Israel This will be a very tight match. A draw will do for Switzerland while Israel has to win(will they be able to compose themselves for 90mins?). They are actually very similar in terms of quality(Out of 4 of their past encounters, 3 of them were draw and the last one was a Switzerland win). I think Switzerland win with DNB will be the best option here.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15 The odds on Garmany are looking really fine to me. The Garmans are a serious team and always seem to go in a 100% in every game. I think they´ll crush Finland, who has nothing to play for either, in front of their home crowd. I could go for a Germany to win -1 or even -2.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15 i will take odds on bosnia to beat spain. the bosnian coach has said that match against spain will be spectacle. in another sense the ciro blazevic believe that bosnia is one of the best attacking team in the world at the moment and wants to prove a point against the euro champions. he also said that bosnia is unbeatable in zenica bilino polje stadium. the players will be very motivated after securing play offs place. i watched the game against estonia and bosnia dominated for 90 minutes and rarly made any mistakes. both of the bosnian two main attackers scored against estonia dzeko and ibisevic. also lets not forget that bosnia always play well against big teams. i expect the same line up as against estonia with addition of pjanic (lyon) in for suspended ibricic. i could easily say a draw but i have a feeling that bosnia may sneek a 2-1 win

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15 Group 4 – Winner + Playoff teams decided.

Azerbaijan v Russia 17:00

5th v 2nd – Reverse Fixture (2-0) Playoff assured for Russia so they might use a lot of fringe players in this match. Even still they should have enough to overcome the home side. Azerbaijan have not conceded more than 2 goals at home during this campaign, which points me in the direction of under 2.5 goals.

Germany v Finland 17:00

1st v 3rd – (3-3) Another fringe player game for the home side at least. Both teams cannot exceed there current positions so only pride to play for the away side. But if you’re a German fringe player, a world cup spot. Considering their previous meeting I might try the Double Chance option with Finland available at 23/10, low stakes though.

Liechtenstein v Wales

6th v 4th – (2-0) Nothing to play for except pride. The home side have amassed two points, away to Azerbaijan and at home to Finland. Wales have not been setting the group alight, they have only beaten the bottom 2 sides in the group and should complete the double over Liechtenstein. Only one of Liechtenstein’s home games has gone over, their 1st game versus Germany. Will go for the under 2.5 goals.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15 Group 5 – Winner + Playoff teams decided.

Bosnia-Hercegovina v Spain 19:00

2nd v 1st - Reverse Fixture (1-0) As the group is decided, it is way too early to see what kind of Spanish team will be present on Wednesday. No Bet.

Estonia v Belgium 19:30

5th v 4th – (3-2) Tasty odds for the away win @ 2.1, considering the home side only have one win at home versus Armenia. Having said that, the Belgians have yet to win away from home in this campaign. Estonia have not conceded many at home, only one game went over, versus Spain (0-3). Will go for the Under 2.5 goals.

Turkey v Armenia 19:00

3rd v 6th – (0-2) I think the motivating factor in this match will be the departure of Terim. Three of Turkey’s home games have gone over and Armenia have yet to win away. The home players will be fired up so will go for the Over 2.5 goals.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15 Ok something not right here. :loon Ecuador who are truly awful away from home, are as low as 2.37 and 2.87 highest to beat Chile. Chile are as high as 2.74. Now either that is the best price I have ever seen in my lifetime on Chile, or they are going to put their Under 11's out with the intention, they don't want Argentina to qualify. I have to think the latter. I think Uruguay are a real good thing to take down the Argies pants and give them a good spanking, so it all makes sense. Team news will be very interesting.

Now either that is the best price I have ever seen in my lifetime on Chile, or they are going to put their Under 11's out with the intention, they don't want Argentina to qualify.
Yeah thats probably right Paul. I dont think anyone outside of Argentina want Argentina to qualify. (Other than Messi's sponsors perhaps!)

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15 Not seen any of argentinas matches so cant really comment.But after reading here and other sources it does sound like they are in a real mess. Watched the equador v uruguay game last night and to be honest wasnt impressed with uruguay at all or come to think about it equador.Two main threats all game was valencia for equador and forlan for uruguay the latter having perfected the art of shooting directly at the keeper.P.s the draw would of been a fair result . I know most are predicting or hoping for the argies to go out,but a little niggle says they will make it through :\

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15 Don't make the mistake of judging Uruguay on their away form mate. Their home form is a whole galaxy better. ;) Argentina away form P8 W1 D2 L5 F5 A13 Uruguay home form P8 W4 D3 L1 F19 A8 Still think the same? They did lose 4-0 at home to Brazil, but beat Paraguay and drew with Chile at home too.

Don't make the mistake of judging Uruguay on their away form mate. Their home form is a whole galaxy better. ;) Argentina away form P8 W1 D2 L5 F5 A13 Uruguay home form P8 W4 D3 L1 F19 A8 Still think the same? They did lose 4-0 at home to Brazil, but beat Paraguay and drew with Chile at home too.
Ok sold im a believer :tongue2

Argentina are in a whole world of shit quite frankly. Maradona doesn't have the first clue what he's doing. Tactically he's all over the place. His team selection looks to be cocaine enduced, and the players don't have a clue what they are supposed to be doing. They are extremely lucky that they got a win last night, with a late late winner. However, they can forget winning at Uruguay, as at the moment they are much the inferior team. 2.88 to win in Montevideo? I'll lay that all day, 24 hours a day. Uruguay are very strong at home, and score for fun there too. If they beat Argentina, and Ecuador beat Chile, Argentina won't even make the playoff. Ecuador have an uphill task to beat Chile, but Chile have also qualified. Will they put out a few youngsters? Would Chile like to see the Argies out? We'll soon see.
:cheers

The odds on Garmany are looking really fine to me. The Garmans are a serious team and always seem to go in a 100% in every game. I think they´ll crush Finland' date=' who has nothing to play for either, in front of their home crowd. I could go for a Germany to win -1 or even -2.[/quote'] Dont get too carried away people. Its like kids in a candy shop reading some of the views on here. Germany qualified now, they had a gruelling game against Russia away and played 25mins with 10 men. Their JOb is complete.. What motivation do they have in this match to win 3-0 against Finland to cover your handicap -2. The job is done for the Germans. There's been 3 draws between these two sides in the last 3 meetings and giving the fact Germany probably will give most of the regulars the night off. I cant see this being worth the gamble. You wont make money in this business if you dont Wise up. Look for something else. You can find better value else where. I dont bet on Friendlies, and this game is pretty much just a friendly game now, and the same goes with alot of other games on wednesday.

Ok something not right here. :loon Ecuador who are truly awful away from home, are as low as 2.37 and 2.87 highest to beat Chile. Chile are as high as 2.74. Now either that is the best price I have ever seen in my lifetime on Chile, or they are going to put their Under 11's out with the intention, they don't want Argentina to qualify. I have to think the latter. I think Uruguay are a real good thing to take down the Argies pants and give them a good spanking, so it all makes sense. Team news will be very interesting.
I read somewhere that Chile's Manager is Argentine. Can anyone confirm this? What sort of allegiance does this man have towards his home nations??